D1 Mens Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Savio keeping them in it...
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Can someone tell Evan Washburn that it’s Mustang Sally not Mustang Stalley. Best name and he keeps f-ing it up.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

HOLY SH-T MY HEART IS POUNDING AFTER THAT GAME
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

laxbro11 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:39 am If this team cannot get fired up for this game and win there is a major problem. Lehigh walked away with a patriot league championship by forfeit due to the bizarre Covid rules Loyola had

Savio/Pachecko have to be above 50 percent. The wing play must be more active. I like poitras a shifty gb go getter.

We will see what MVA can dial up. Big time players and coaches live for these games.

Savio did much better than 50%!!!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:35 pm HOLY SH-T MY HEART IS POUNDING AFTER THAT GAME

When Kevin gets looks, this team wins.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Savio owned sissleberger

We out stated them in every cataegory

Lindley five goals

A great win. For this team. It shows what they can do when they play

Still a concern. Turnovers. Olmsted had five points. But matched it with five turnovers

Ssdms other than rezanka. Still giving up top side and allowing hands to get free
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

laxbro11 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:46 am Savio owned sissleberger

Lindley five goals

Still a concern. Turnovers. Olmsted had five points. But matched it with five turnovers

Ssdms other than rezanka. Still giving up top side and allowing hands to get free
Not sure if you heard it on the broadcast but Washburn stated that the shortsticks were letting lehighs players get topside to the middle of the field last night because they had faith that Sam would make those saves off of outside shots.

Many many of lehighs goals came from near crease. Perhaps it’s a way the team plays their man to man defense with their short sticks but i have to commend the team for an electrifying game last night
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Olddog

Post by Olddog »

What a game! Nice to see the Hounds come back to win.

What's up with Kamish? He was not in uniform.
Houndfan73

Post by Houndfan73 »

Kamish had surgery last April, didn’t put weight on his leg for 3 months, and didn’t run until thanksgiving. He is still dealing with slight setbacks from his injury. His knee has been drained multiple times this year and the staff has tried to limit him when they can. Hope he will be completely healed and ready next year.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Houndfan73 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:29 am Kamish had surgery last April, didn’t put weight on his leg for 3 months, and didn’t run until thanksgiving. He is still dealing with slight setbacks from his injury. His knee has been drained multiple times this year and the staff has tried to limit him when they can. Hope he will be completely healed and ready next year.
Thanks for the insight. He was on the sideline last night in shorts and a sweatshirt with a bandage on his leg. It looked to me like he had prepared to play, but maybe realized at game time that he wasn't able to go. Also, while last night's game was important for seeding purposes, it wasn't do or die like Tuesday will be. So, if he is struggling with the injury, it makes sense to sit him out against Lehigh to increase the odds he'll be ready Tuesday for Bucknell and beyond.
Loyolalaxgrad

Post by Loyolalaxgrad »

houndace1 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:12 am
laxbro11 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:46 am Savio owned sissleberger

Lindley five goals

Not sure if you heard it on the broadcast but Washburn stated that the shortsticks were letting lehighs players get topside to the middle of the field last night because they had faith that Sam would make those saves off of outside shots.

Many many of lehighs goals came from near crease. Perhaps it’s a way the team plays their man to man defense with their short sticks but i have to commend the team for an electrifying game last night
First of all no sound defense allows shooters to get topside free their hands And shoot. No Mayer how good your goalie is.

Solid game. Aggressive. With hart. And a never give up attitude.

I was at the game and my one take away was the behavior of the Lehigh staff and the constant complaining about everything. Usually hAlf way out on the field. That behavior could be seen with the fogo complaining to officials.

Hats off to Savio who absolutely destroyed the pre season all American.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

I don't post much anymore because it's largely irrelevant , but I have a few comments on the game last night.

Savio dominated. Wing Play finally showed up. Middleton made some plays. Cheers for the ROPE UNIT!!

Defense bent but didn't break. Shafer had a great save right before half - that was crucial. Zone didn't work as well against Lehigh as Colgate. Hughes, Wyers and Leblanc. Solid.

Peyton Rezanka FIRST TEAM AA! His play is incredible. He's a beast. His numbers reflect that - seriously. No other player close.

Riley Seay just friggin out hustled everyone to keep the ball alive - great individual play. His time on the field has been down but gosh he went out there and balled!

Matt Heuston - finally feeling good and gaining confidence.

Davis Lindsey - he's fun to watch.

Man Up Unit - thank You!! Great job.

Potsie, Seth, love your play.

And how fitting that the game winner was an assist from Olmstead to Lindley.

Yeah - we gonna ride into Tuesday with some confidence. Statistically speaking Bucknell is a better offense and defense - and Won/loss record.

But I gotta think Toomey will have this team ready.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

NovaHound wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:44 pm I don't post much anymore because it's largely irrelevant , but I have a few comments on the game last night.

Savio dominated. Wing Play finally showed up. Middleton made some plays. Cheers for the ROPE UNIT!!

Defense bent but didn't break. Shafer had a great save right before half - that was crucial. Zone didn't work as well against Lehigh as Colgate. Hughes, Wyers and Leblanc. Solid.

Peyton Rezanka FIRST TEAM AA! His play is incredible. He's a beast. His numbers reflect that - seriously. No other player close.

Riley Seay just friggin out hustled everyone to keep the ball alive - great individual play. His time on the field has been down but gosh he went out there and balled!

Yeah - we gonna ride into Tuesday with some confidence. Statistically speaking Bucknell is a better offense and defense - and Won/loss record.

+1. I think you can agree nova. This is the team we have been waiting for.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

NovaHound wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:44 pm I don't post much anymore because it's largely irrelevant , but I have a few comments on the game last night.

Agree wholeheartedly, Nova. A few thoughts of my own:

Savio was an absolute stud. Unflappable, focused, and dialed in. I saw Graham in the stands wearing his old #28 jersey. I'm sure Bailey made his older brother proud.

Rezanka was a beast. Three different times, he DESTROYED the guy he was guarding, causing a turnover without drawing a flag. Wow. Evan Washburn used "weight room" as a verb to describe it. Whatever it was, it was just brutal.

The defense clearly is the strength of this team, and I commend every one of the defensive players. McGillicuddy has come a long way, and the rest of unit is playing impressively. My one question here is about the zone. I understand the intent - to throw a wrinkle at an opposing offense, but I worry a bit when we slip into a zone. I feel like we are stronger playing man-to-man. Curious to hear what others think.

Seay put a nice SOG, but what really impressed me was the way he slipped into the ride and ended up causing a turnover by locking down on the middie trying to clear. Fantastic effort.

The more I see Heuston play, the more I like him. He has to be one of the fastest players on the team, and his shot is a laser. Great 1G 2A game for him. I hope to see him on the field more.

And, I don't like to disparage opposing teams, but some of the comments about about the Lehigh coaching staff and players are spot on. I enjoyed hearing some of the Loyola parents yelling for the Lehigh staff to get off field. It's a testament to culture the Coach Toomey has instilled that no matter what the circumstances, the team plays with class.

Finally, I'd like to shout out to the Loyola's women's team. Not only did they complete their 8th consecutive undefeated regular-season conference schedule (66-0, an NCAA record), but they showed up in force last night to cheer on their men's counterparts with incredible enthusiasm. It was great to see.

Looking forward to Tuesday. Go Hounds!
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

Really nice win by the Hounds last night...Happy for the seniors!

Win was driven by the seniors and 5th year guys...it was senior night and they were the ones that delivered...

10 of our 13 goals came from the 5th years (Lindley, Olmstead, Savio)

Savio was awesome and the defense was solid, and we owned the GB battle...

When you peel back the onion on this one, it was won by defense, Savio, and great special teams (3 EMO goals...2 late to win)...huge to get that man up late and in OT to score our 12th and 13th goals late and in OT

Like last years late run, if we get on a roll here this coming week, it will be driven by great defense and winning face offs...

6/6 settled offense still didn’t set the world on fire IMO, but winning is all that counts at this point...

This is it, this is win or go home time...last night was a great win!

On offense, we need Lindley and Olmstead to take this production and do it the next 7 days...and value possessions

Need our core guys James, Poitras, Higgins, Kamish (if he’s healthy), and Lindsey to give us good production numbers and value the ball

But defense will dictate our success this week. Play great defense, win face offs, win the GB and possession battle and get great goaltending.

If we get those things like last year, we will be on the board next Sunday night as the PL Champs...I believe!

Go Hounds...Beat Bucknell
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:33 am
Houndfan73 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:29 am Kamish had surgery last April, didn’t put weight on his leg for 3 months, and didn’t run until thanksgiving. He is still dealing with slight setbacks from his injury. His knee has been drained multiple times this year and the staff has tried to limit him when they can. Hope he will be completely healed and ready next year.
Thanks for the insight. He was on the sideline last night in shorts and a sweatshirt with a bandage on his leg. It looked to me like he had prepared to play, but maybe realized at game time that he wasn't able to go. Also, while last night's game was important for seeding purposes, it wasn't do or die like Tuesday will be. So, if he is struggling with the injury, it makes sense to sit him out against Lehigh to increase the odds he'll be ready Tuesday for Bucknell and beyond.
I hope he’s back this week...Kid is tough and it sounds like he’s been battling through recovery in the heat of the season...when he’s on the field he’s efficient, smart, and productive and his numbers prove that out...(28 points in 12 games)...

We need all hands on deck for 3 games in 6 days

Go Hounds
Loyolalax

Post by Loyolalax »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:50 pm

Savio was an absolute stud. Unflappable, focused, and dialed in. I saw Graham in the stands wearing his old #28 jersey. I'm sure Bailey made his older brother proud.

Rezanka was a beast. Three different times, he DESTROYED the guy he was guarding, causing a turnover without drawing a flag. Wow. Evan Washburn used "weight room" as a verb to describe it. Whatever it was, it was just brutal.

The defense clearly is the strength of this team, and I commend every one of the defensive players. McGillicuddy has come a long way, and the rest of unit is playing impressively. My one question here is about the zone. I understand the intent - to throw a wrinkle at an opposing offense, but I worry a bit when we slip into a zone. I feel like we are stronger playing man-to-man. Curious to hear what others think.

Seay put a nice SOG, but what really impressed me was the way he slipped into the ride and ended up causing a turnover by locking down on the middie trying to clear. Fantastic effort.

The more I see Heuston play, the more I like him. He has to be one of the fastest players on the team, and his shot is a laser. Great 1G 2A game for him. I hope to see him on the field more.

And, I don't like to disparage opposing teams, but some of the comments about about the Lehigh coaching staff and players are spot on. I enjoyed hearing some of the Loyola parents yelling for the Lehigh staff to get off field. It's a testament to culture the Coach Toomey has instilled that no matter what the circumstances, the team plays with class.

Finally, I'd like to shout out to the Loyola's women's team. Not only did they complete their 8th consecutive undefeated regular-season conference schedule (66-0, an NCAA record), but they showed up in force last night to cheer on their men's counterparts with incredible enthusiasm. It was great to see.

"The defense clearly is the strength of this team, and I commend every one of the defensive players. McGillicuddy has come a long way, and the rest of unit is playing impressively. My one question here is about the zone. I understand the intent - to throw a wrinkle at an opposing offense, but I worry a bit when we slip into a zone. I feel like we are stronger playing man-to-man. Curious to hear what others think. "

They just got caught with rotation. The thought was to play man at x so he could not just feed, they dodged and we did not rotate.

I like our zone as a wrinkle, It slowed Lehigh down and than we went back to man to man.

Only one way for Mcgillicuddy and that was to go up. He still makes a lot of mental and physical mistakes. Besides Rezanka and Sally to some extent, they are our weakness, and could cost us. Teams have figured out to attack our SSDMs.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

Loyolalax wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:02 pm

"The defense clearly is the strength of this team, and I commend every one of the defensive players. McGillicuddy has come a long way, and the rest of unit is playing impressively. My one question here is about the zone. I understand the intent - to throw a wrinkle at an opposing offense, but I worry a bit when we slip into a zone. I feel like we are stronger playing man-to-man. Curious to hear what others think. "

They just got caught with rotation. The thought was to play man at x so he could not just feed, they dodged and we did not rotate.

I like our zone as a wrinkle, It slowed Lehigh down and than we went back to man to man.

Only one way for Mcgillicuddy and that was to go up. He still makes a lot of mental and physical mistakes. Besides Rezanka and Sally to some extent, they are our weakness, and could cost us. Teams have figured out to attack our SSDMs.
McGillicuddy is getting there. He’s gonna be really good IMO. SSDM is the hardest position to play on the field...best athletes under constant pressure and you gotta have a short memory...kid is still young. I expect to see him take a big jump next year

Teams that have experienced, older SSDM’s tend to be at an advantage...I always say I want juniors and seniors playing shortie...of course you get exceptions, but I like seeing 21 and 22 year olds rolling out of the box playing SSDM...but that’s me

Beat Bucknell!!!

Go Hounds
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:43 pm

McGillicuddy is getting there. He’s gonna be really good IMO. SSDM is the hardest position to play on the field...best athletes under constant pressure and you gotta have a short memory...kid is still young. I expect to see him take a big jump next year

Teams that have experienced, older SSDM’s tend to be at an advantage...I always say I want juniors and seniors playing shortie...of course you get exceptions, but I like seeing 21 and 22 year olds rolling out of the box playing SSDM...but that’s me

Beat Bucknell!!!

Go Hounds
I agree it is the hardest position to play, but we are looking at today, not next year. the mistakes of the SSDMs has cost us goals in close games.

Last time I checked we are playing for a bid for the NCAAs not development for next year. Gotta run your studs, rezanka and Sally, leave it all on the field

Go Hounds, beat Bucknell
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

laxbro11 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:02 pm
Laxfan#1969 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:43 pm

Beat Bucknell!!!

Go Hounds
I agree it is the hardest position to play, but we are looking at today, not next year. the mistakes of the SSDMs has cost us goals in close games.

Last time I checked we are playing for a bid for the NCAAs not development for next year. Gotta run your studs, rezanka and Sally, leave it all on the field

Go Hounds, beat Bucknell
Oh I agree...it’s all about this week...

My point was when you have young SSDM’s your gonna have some potential issues. I’m sure we will roll 34 and 23 as much as possible...but you’re gonna need to use some depth with 3 games (hopefully) in 6 days

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”