ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Bart

Re: ACC Tournament - Seeds, schedule and thoughts

Post by Bart »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:03 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:02 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:35 pm DiFatta very much on pace to break her own record with 9 saves very early in the 2nd
She is fun to watch but I don't think UNC is shooting particularly well.
No I agree, they aren’t
No slight on the keeper. She is making the stops she "should" and some she shouldn't. Like I said, she is fun to watch.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Bart wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:09 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:03 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:02 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:35 pm DiFatta very much on pace to break her own record with 9 saves very early in the 2nd
She is fun to watch but I don't think UNC is shooting particularly well.
No I agree, they aren’t
No slight on the keeper. She is making the stops she "should" and some she shouldn't. Like I said, she is fun to watch.
Yes yes. I agree again haha.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Carolina 15 Pitt 6

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Well--that (yawwwwwn) sure was ah, exciting. One blowout down, two to go...maybe three.
OuttaNowhereWregget

There is no way the Irish keep up that level of intensity all game.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Scouting report says shoot high on LeRose? 5-1 Irish

Sure looks like it early. More high heat. 6-1

(Beware the early big lead 😉)
Last edited by OuttaNowhereWregget on Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:57 pm There is no way the Irish keep up that level of intensity all game.
Be fun if they did. 6-1. Wow.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

yikes
OuttaNowhereWregget

Duke had a, to be kind, poor first quarter. Not gelling on offense. Deplorable in goal. Giving up lethal scoring chances and yet they’re only down by 6. I’m waiting for Notre Dame’s intensity to begin taking a toll on their wind. Oh, and not so you’d really notice it, I counted at least three Irish with their arms raised in victory at the end of the first quarter. That’s bad karma right there. If Duke comes back and wins this game that’s one of the moments that may have galvanized them for their comeback. We shall see.

Conversely, we may be witnessing the fallout from that Carolina beating. Maybe Duke won’t recover from that this year.
OuttaNowhereWregget

10-2 Irish. Doc be like

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

10 for 10. Most of these 10 shots have been from very close; I'm not prepared top put this on a goalie.

I like Notre Dame's offense when Ahern works from behind the cage. Earlier in the year, they had her dodging from the top, and lost the ability to feed and score from below GLE.

Now 11-2. Wow. Pretty deep ditch.
OuttaNowhereWregget

1 goal away from a running clock. Incredible.

Duke grabs one. Still 11-3 though.

But I've seen this before. Beware the early big lead.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:22 pm Duke had a, to be kind, poor first quarter. Not gelling on offense. Deplorable in goal. Giving up lethal scoring chances and yet they’re only down by 6. I’m waiting for Notre Dame’s intensity to begin taking a toll on their wind. Oh, and not so you’d really notice it, I counted at least three Irish with their arms raised in victory at the end of the first quarter. That’s bad karma right there. If Duke comes back and wins this game that’s one of the moments that may have galvanized them for their comeback. We shall see.

Conversely, we may be witnessing the fallout from that Carolina beating. Maybe Duke won’t recover from that this year.
This looks very familiar to when Duke played Syracuse earlier this year. Cuse was able to slow momentum in the 2nd quarter. Still a lot of time left, but good adjustments need to be made soon. Like now.

I thought defense was more responsible than goalie play. Notre Dame was wide open all day in the 8m.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:28 pm 10 for 10. Most of these 10 shots have been from very close; I'm not prepared top put this on a goalie.

I like Notre Dame's offense when Ahern works from behind the cage. Earlier in the year, they had her dodging from the top, and lost the ability to feed and score from below GLE.

Now 11-2. Wow. Pretty deep ditch.
I agree. I was a little puzzled by the goalie pull and thought an adjustment needed to be made on defense, but then I checked the live stats and saw she had 9GA and 0 saves. Again, could be mostly due to defense leaving players wide open, idk.

ND doing their best Chris Paul imitation.
OuttaNowhereWregget

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:31 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:22 pm Duke had a, to be kind, poor first quarter. Not gelling on offense. Deplorable in goal. Giving up lethal scoring chances and yet they’re only down by 6. I’m waiting for Notre Dame’s intensity to begin taking a toll on their wind. Oh, and not so you’d really notice it, I counted at least three Irish with their arms raised in victory at the end of the first quarter. That’s bad karma right there. If Duke comes back and wins this game that’s one of the moments that may have galvanized them for their comeback. We shall see.

This looks very familiar to when Duke played Syracuse earlier this year. Cuse was able to slow momentum in the 2nd quarter. Still a lot of time left, but good adjustments need to be made soon. Like now.

I thought defense was more responsible than goalie play. Notre Dame was wide open all day in the 8m.
Yes--that's true. Wide open shots again and again. The D left LeRose out to dry early. And again yes--a world of time left.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Really like #12's celly...pure joy
OuttaNowhereWregget

Absolutely no plan on defense for Duke. No communication--nothing. It sure would be refreshing if one of our nicey-nice pom-pom commentators would say something about it. Irish 13-5
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:02 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:58 pm
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:33 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:04 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:00 pm Pittsburgh wins the play in game (and the right to play UNC). Congrats to them. A really great inaugural year.
Pitt's goalie also set an ACC tournament record for saves with 19. They have far exceeded my expectations this year
Certainly helps to be loaded with transfers and 5th year players who know what it takes to win at this level. Not many first year programs get that benefit! Hopefully next year's team can keep the momentum going. Good for Pitt lacrosse, good for this team. I'm sure they'll bring their best game on Friday, as they have all season regardless of who they're playing.
I only was able to watch about 20 minutes of game but was really surprised with how poor Louisville played. It must be a tough flight home when you are the first team eliminated in a tourney. Kudos to Pitt what a great year they are having!!
Only game I see as competitive tomorrow is ND/Duke. I am going with the upset....
Hope i dont jinx it. But i think i saw this coming...can you imagine Aldave playing ND at home. Think she will be motivated?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Again--wide open shot in the slot. Again--1 goal away from a running clock. Duke looks like they're shell-shocked. Left over nightmare from NC and chapter 2 of the nightmare vs the Irish.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:47 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:02 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:58 pm
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:33 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:04 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:00 pm Pittsburgh wins the play in game (and the right to play UNC). Congrats to them. A really great inaugural year.
Pitt's goalie also set an ACC tournament record for saves with 19. They have far exceeded my expectations this year
Certainly helps to be loaded with transfers and 5th year players who know what it takes to win at this level. Not many first year programs get that benefit! Hopefully next year's team can keep the momentum going. Good for Pitt lacrosse, good for this team. I'm sure they'll bring their best game on Friday, as they have all season regardless of who they're playing.
I only was able to watch about 20 minutes of game but was really surprised with how poor Louisville played. It must be a tough flight home when you are the first team eliminated in a tourney. Kudos to Pitt what a great year they are having!!
Only game I see as competitive tomorrow is ND/Duke. I am going with the upset....
Hope i dont jinx it. But i think i saw this coming...can you imagine Aldave playing ND at home. Think she will be motivated?
All I know is that for whatever reason, UNC and ND play very close games in South Bend
OuttaNowhereWregget

Does anyone doubt that if ND holds serve and wins this game, they'll be a shell of themselves Sunday vs NC? Now that will be a blowout.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”