D1 Mens Lacrosse
PulpExposure

Re: Coaching Hot Seats

Post by PulpExposure »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:05 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:54 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:45 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:41 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:35 pm Gary Gait?
Lol I take it this is a joke? It's his first year and have you seen the recruiting class he is bringing in?
Obviously.

But you can bet your ass people will be calling for his head if they are 4-9 next year. Legend or not.
Straw man argument
You kiss your mother with that mouth?!
(Obligatory)

No but I kiss your mother with this mouth, Trebeck!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

PulpExposure wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:13 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:05 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:54 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:45 pm
masondixonlax wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:41 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:35 pm Gary Gait?
Lol I take it this is a joke? It's his first year and have you seen the recruiting class he is bringing in?
Obviously.

But you can bet your ass people will be calling for his head if they are 4-9 next year. Legend or not.
Straw man argument
You kiss your mother with that mouth?!
(Obligatory)

No but I kiss your mother with this mouth, Trebeck!
Turd Ferguson. Good night.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Chris Gabrielli at Providence sounds like a good guy and a hard worker. But, even if he was going against the GOAT in Tierney, there is no reason Denver, who doesn't have one of their best teams ever, should have won, 16-3.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

NJIT's other sports programs do very well in the conference they're in, America East. Men's volleyball is 15th in the country, Baseball made it to the NCAA tournament last year. There is no reason the lacrosse program shouldn't compete as well. The facility is the nicest in the conference and the country for that matter. To have a record that bad, for that long, tells me this coach isn't going anywhere. The AD/Admin doesn't care if they win or lose as long as their pulling in 40- 50 tuitions per year. It's a shame because it's a great academic school and the area is loaded with talent, and I'm sure the kids went there with hopes of competing for a NCAA bid.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:28 pm NJIT's other sports programs do very well in the conference they're in, America East. Men's volleyball is 15th in the country, Baseball made it to the NCAA tournament last year. There is no reason the lacrosse program shouldn't compete as well. The facility is the nicest in the conference and the country for that matter. To have a record that bad, for that long, tells me this coach isn't going anywhere. The AD/Admin doesn't care if they win or lose as long as their pulling in 40- 50 tuitions per year. It's a shame because it's a great academic school and the area is loaded with talent, and I'm sure the kids went there with hopes of competing for a NCAA bid.
It's a really tough sell to get any local kid no matter how good the school and facility is. The drive in is about as depressing as it gets. Where are you going at night ? Hartford used to give you directions to come in through West Hartford for a reason but not sure coming in from the West can even do the trick through Newark. The Devils are right around the corner but don't understand them being there either. It's not nice
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

University heights is not that bad and has more security then Newark City Hall. Hoboken, Downtown JC, Ironbound and NYC are minutes away by Uber/Train. The Rock, MetLife, Meadowlands the same. If you look at the roster, and know NJ HS lacrosse, there's a lot of really good kids, all stators playing there, as well as the out of state kids. Kids want to win, hence the transfer portal. Not winning has a lot more to do with kids not going there than the area. Plenty of successful programs are in bad areas.
molo

Post by molo »

I'll be heading to Newark Wednesday on my way to Europe. I've never had any trouble there, but, hey, I'm from Baltimore.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Penn State has announced the hiring of Patrick Kraft as their AD. He is currently the AD at Boston College. He has shown tremendous support for lacrosse while at BC, interesting to see if lacrosse will get increased support at PSU. His track record and Penn States success in non-revenue sports seems to line up well. My hunch is Tambroni gets at least 1 more year before it’s a serious discussion on longevity.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:03 pm Penn State has announced the hiring of Patrick Kraft as their AD. He is currently the AD at Boston College. He has shown tremendous support for lacrosse while at BC, interesting to see if lacrosse will get increased support at PSU. His track record and Penn States success in non-revenue sports seems to line up well. My hunch is Tambroni gets at least 1 more year before it’s a serious discussion on longevity.
That's very interesting - I tend to agree, Tambroni has a very young roster and he should get at least next season to right the ship. I do think the Rutgers game helped him as well.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:03 pm Penn State has announced the hiring of Patrick Kraft as their AD. He is currently the AD at Boston College. He has shown tremendous support for lacrosse while at BC, interesting to see if lacrosse will get increased support at PSU. His track record and Penn States success in non-revenue sports seems to line up well. My hunch is Tambroni gets at least 1 more year before it’s a serious discussion on longevity.
I think this solidifies Tambroni’s position, no weakening here.
It doesn’t put him on any sort of hot seat.

Their big time recruit isn’t coming on board until 2023-24.
I’ll be seeing him this weekend to see how good he is live.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

penn state has built a very nice program and did a tremendous job with the big ten tournament last year. Aside from those portapotties in the middle of the sideline their lacrosse stadium looks very nice as well. not sure why he would be considered for a change.
LongIslandLacks

Post by LongIslandLacks »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:25 pm
penn state has built a very nice program and did a tremendous job with the big ten tournament last year. Aside from those portapotties in the middle of the sideline their lacrosse stadium looks very nice as well. not sure why he would be considered for a change.
Just feels like Tambroni has a few years left, even if performance does not change. He has shown he can recruit, Coach and succeed. The most likely change in the Big 10 has to be Michigan. Would not be surprised to see that happen in the next weeks, month. Hopkins situation is confusing. Maybe they have a good run in the Big 10 tournament and all the frustration is quickly forgotten?
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

A good run is impossible. There are only two options. One would be a historic, "Do you believe in miracles" victory defeating the greatest team never to win it all (even eclipsing the 2008 NCAA semi-final), and the other is getting bounced in the second round of the B1G playoffs.

Somewhere somebody posted the Massey prediction that generously gave the Jays a 4 percent chance.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

LongIslandLacks wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:28 pm
Just feels like Tambroni has a few years left, even if performance does not change. He has shown he can recruit, Coach and succeed. The most likely change in the Big 10 has to be Michigan. Would not be surprised to see that happen in the next weeks, month. Hopkins situation is confusing. Maybe they have a good run in the Big 10 tournament and all the frustration is quickly forgotten?
Tambroni is a OK.

His “Big Recruit” isn’t coming to campus until 2023-24.
I saw the kid yesterday.
He’s a definite DI talent.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I'm not saying they should fire Tambroni, but waiting for one particular recruit to arrive on campus in a couple years is not a good reason to keep a coach around, IMO.

And having watched Penn State twice in the last three weeks, their problems extend far beyond what one player can possibly solve. Hopkins has been accused of being small and slow, and they make the Nittany Lions looks like Oompa Loompas.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

7 wins in two years after being ranked number one just a few years ago with few moments of hope this year would be why he would be considered for a change.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

10stone5 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:47 pm
Tambroni is a OK.

I saw the kid yesterday.
You can’t compete at a high level with one player.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Also, Tambroni has been around too long and won too much in the past for job status to be dependent on one recruit, who while a promising talent isn’t considered some generational HS player.

He’s not getting fired this year, esp since new AD isn’t changing a coach after a week on the job. But another bad year next year probably prompts some questions
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:52 pm
Tambroni is a OK.

I saw the kid yesterday.
They have plenty of high level recruits. The Lehman kid gets a lot publicity. However they had 4 UA All Americans in the freshman class (all played significantly). Lazzaro was on the first wave of UA guys and is a “5 star”. Ross will likely be named one (may be the best defenseman in the MIAA). The Sanderson kid from the hill academy has been mentioned as the best in 2022 in Canada (compared to Dyson Williams and has a phenomenal lineage (Toronto Rock Sandersons). They also return Malone and Traynor next year. With the potential to get Malone for a 6th year in 2024. I’d say there is plenty to be optimistic about in the coming years. What they need to do is figure out the injury situation, they haven’t been healthy since 2019.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:52 pm
Tambroni is a OK.

I saw the kid yesterday.
They have plenty of high level recruits. The Lehman kid gets a lot publicity. However they had 4 UA All Americans in the freshman class (all played significantly). Lazzaro was on the first wave of UA guys and is a “5 star”. Ross will likely be named one (may be the best defenseman in the MIAA). The Sanderson kid from the hill academy has been mentioned as the best in 2022 in Canada (compared to Dyson Williams and has a phenomenal lineage (Toronto Rock Sandersons). They also return Malone and Traynor next year. With the potential to get Malone for a 6th year in 2024. I’d say there is plenty to be optimistic about in the coming years. What they need to do is figure out the injury situation, they haven’t been healthy since 2019.
Thanks. I like Tambroni. You win with talent and depth. Hopefully he builds it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”