D1 Womens Lacrosse
tothedraw

Re: 2022 Women's Tewaaraton Watch List

Post by tothedraw »

And you know Dad got the business when they got home that night too😂
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:37 am I was watching a late round playoff game in Jersey last spring, when a player on one of the teams turned to the crowd as she was running upfield and yelled, "shut up, Dad." Did not include "TF" fortunately. I was sitting right in front of Dad. Couldn't hear it on Neptune, but everyone on the sidelines could. This was after Dad had yelled some "advice" on how DD should shoot her FPs. BTW, DD was and is a marvelous player and didn't need any advice from Dad.

P.S. to sc, this was a different game and a different father/daughter from the incident I told you about last year.
All it takes is a few seasons, and a few summer, to have an inexhaustible supply of these stories.

Quakers travelling to Agnes Irwin, or the Owls coming to Mo'town?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:38 pm
njbill wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:37 am I was watching a late round playoff game in Jersey last spring, when a player on one of the teams turned to the crowd as she was running upfield and yelled, "shut up, Dad." Did not include "TF" fortunately. I was sitting right in front of Dad. Couldn't hear it on Neptune, but everyone on the sidelines could. This was after Dad had yelled some "advice" on how DD should shoot her FPs. BTW, DD was and is a marvelous player and didn't need any advice from Dad.

P.S. to sc, this was a different game and a different father/daughter from the incident I told you about last year.
All it takes is a few seasons, and a few summer, to have an inexhaustible supply of these stories.

Owls will be going from Villanova to Moorestown
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:46 pm

Go Quakers!!!
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:47 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:46 pm

Go Quakers!!!
Bryn Mawr* not Villanova
njbill

Post by njbill »

Thanks, sc.

Larry used to work at AIS. Sometimes when he comes to Moorestown to watch an AIS v. Moorestown game, he wears an AIS sweatshirt just to piss me off. :lol:
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Likely final 5 = North, Ortega, Tyrrell, Mastriani and Sterling. Don't think Trenchard has had her best year. Also tough to have 3 UNC players. Do others see it differently?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Lax101 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:46 pm Likely final 5 = North, Ortega, Tyrrell, Mastriani and Sterling. Don't think Trenchard has had her best year. Also tough to have 3 UNC players. Do others see it differently?
So are you thinking they will pick Sterling over Moreno because - Maryland?
I know they would love to get a middle in there I just dont think Mastroiani has
been Tewaarton-caliber esp last few games where they have subbed her for Aldave
and Dirks.
Tyrell is a very good attacker I just dont see her making others around her better
but if committee just looking for stats I guess so.
North is a no-Brainer
and Ortega esp this year has been the toughest year for her and shes 1 pt behind North.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Correct - Sterling over Moreno because they don't want 3 UNC players. There is always a defender and/or goalie and I just don't think there is a clear defender to pick. Think it is good to have a middie and AM is the logical choice based on her impact on both ends of field and on the draw - even if subbed sometimes by Aldave. She still has 100+ DC's.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Lax101 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:38 pm Correct - Sterling over Moreno because they don't want 3 UNC players. There is always a defender and/or goalie and I just don't think there is a clear defender to pick. Think it is good to have a middie and AM is the logical choice based on her impact on both ends of field and on the draw - even if subbed sometimes by Aldave. She still has 100+ DC's.
True.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Lax101 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:38 pm Correct - Sterling over Moreno because they don't want 3 UNC players. There is always a defender and/or goalie and I just don't think there is a clear defender to pick. Think it is good to have a middie and AM is the logical choice based on her impact on both ends of field and on the draw - even if subbed sometimes by Aldave. She still has 100+ DC's.
Are we just ignoring the fact that Sterling has been better than Moreno this year? She has a 63% save percentage in Big Ten play and leads the nation in Save % and GAA
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:13 am
Are we just ignoring the fact that Sterling has been better than Moreno this year? She has a 63% save percentage in Big Ten play and leads the nation in Save % and GAA
Big10 is not the ACC so there’s a difference in competition . Not saying that to be arrogant ….but Maryland basically has one “tough” team to play and played them once . Moreno has already had to play the ACC gauntlet and played a few of those teams twice.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Laxfan500 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:21 am
Big10 is not the ACC so there’s a difference in competition . Not saying that to be arrogant ….but Maryland basically has one “tough” team to play and played them once . Moreno has already had to play the ACC gauntlet and played a few of those teams twice.
Sterlings overall save % is 57%. Moreno's is 49%. It's not even close. UNC's SOS is 5 and MD's is 9. There's not a big difference in the competition they played.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Well said, Laxfan. That’s why numbers in and of themselves mean Jimmy Jack squat. Maryland hasn’t played even a fraction of the tough teams Carolina has. We’ll see how Sterling and the rest of the turtles do from the Big 10 finals and on into the teeth of the later rounds in the Big Rodeo. Until then, they’re numbers with an asterisk.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:20 am
Well said, Laxfan. That’s why numbers in and of themselves mean Jimmy Jack squat. Maryland hasn’t played even a fraction of the tough teams Carolina has. We’ll see how Sterling and the rest of the turtles do from the Big 10 finals and on into the teeth of the later rounds in the Big Rodeo. Until then, they’re numbers with an asterisk.
Not even a fraction? Not a huge difference in SOS. Outside of BC, and maybe Syracuse with all their injuries, none of the ACC teams are markedly better than most of the Big Ten. There is no Louisville, Pitt or Va Tech in the Big Ten. The worst team in the Big Ten has an RPI of 24. Va Tech is at 34, Louisville is 42 and Pitt is 49. The worst team in the Big Ten beat JMU this year and beat Pitt 15-7.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

ACC RPI: Big Ten RPI:
UNC - 1 MD - 2
BC - 4 NU - 3
Cuse - 5 Rutgers - 8
Duke - 13 Hop - 16
ND - 17 Michigan - 21
UVA - 20 OSU - 23
VT - 34 PSU - 24
Louisville - 42
Pitt - 49
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:28 am
Not even a fraction? Not a huge difference in SOS. Outside of BC, and maybe Syracuse with all their injuries, none of the ACC teams are markedly better than most of the Big Ten. There is no Louisville, Pitt or Va Tech in the Big Ten. The worst team in the Big Ten has an RPI of 24. Va Tech is at 34, Louisville is 42 and Pitt is 49. The worst team in the Big Ten beat JMU this year and beat Pitt 15-7.
I don’t care about the numbers. They’re all skewed in one way or another anyway. If we’re all being honest, we know that Maryland has had a weaker schedule this year – and that by design. As I said, we’ll see how they do from the Big 10 championship into the later rounds of the big dance.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:47 am
I don’t care about the numbers. They’re all skewed in one way or another anyway. If we’re all being honest, we know that Maryland has had a weaker schedule this year – and that by design. As I said, we’ll see how they do from the Big 10 championship into the later rounds of the big dance.
Sure, UNC has had a tougher schedule than MD this year. I don't think that is in question. But to say MD hasn't played even a fraction of the tough teams Carolina has is an exaggeration.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:47 am ACC RPI: Big Ten RPI:
UNC - 1 MD - 2
BC - 4 NU - 3
Cuse - 5 Rutgers - 8
Duke - 13 Hop - 16
ND - 17 Michigan - 21
UVA - 20 OSU - 23
VT - 34 PSU - 24
Louisville - 42
Pitt - 49
Come on look at the last 5 teams in the big10
With the exception of Louisville . I’d bet ACC last 5 beat up of the Big10 last 5.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

hmmm wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:56 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:47 am
Sure, UNC has had a tougher schedule than MD this year. I don't think that is in question. But to say MD hasn't played even a fraction of the tough teams Carolina has is an exaggeration.
[/quote

Yes ^ you said it for me “UNC has had a tougher schedule than MD” all I am saying is that yes Morenos numbers are less than MD goalie but you have to take into consideration the teams and players they are up against . After NU big drop off .

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”