Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Official announcement about Queens joining D1:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... C1ysB4kNvY
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Bryant to the AE
The Mount to the MAAC

The NEC is losing its 2 best teams from this season and 2 of its top 3 teams from the last 5 years
Laxfan500

Re: Taylor’s Takes

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:55 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:43 pm is anyone suprised she has a pick from Maryland in there.
Taylor don’t go NO PLACE without her tortoise shell eyeglasses.
Where can I find updated RPI rankings?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Colorado 12 Denver 10 Final. Nice win for the Buffs.

Joe
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:00 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:43 pm is anyone suprised she has a pick from Maryland in there.
There are a number of places. Here is the NCAA link for updated RPI:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse- ... crosse-rpi

And another couple of sites:

http://college.laxpower2.com/womx/rating01x.php

https://lacrossereference.com/stats/rpi-d1-women/

Enjoy!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:40 pm Colorado 12 Denver 10 Final. Nice win for the Buffs.

Joe
Very nice win; wouldn't have seen that coming. Denver's chances for a seed....
crazyhorse

Post by crazyhorse »

...are now slim. Looks like RPI dropped from 7 to 10 and SOS is 30. They do still have 3 top 20 wins vs UConn, OSU, and Michigan. Offsetting that a bit, the loss to Colorado counts as a significant loss (RPI>20), and is something the other seed contenders don't have. Loyola should be feeling much better about their chances.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

crazyhorse wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:27 am ...are now slim. Looks like RPI dropped from 7 to 10 and SOS is 30. They do still have 3 top 20 wins vs UConn, OSU, and Michigan. Offsetting that a bit, the loss to Colorado counts as a significant loss (RPI>20), and is something the other seed contenders don't have. Loyola should be feeling much better about their chances.
Good news for Loyola, which now has to hold serve. Hounds play Navy tonight at 7:00, ESPN+. Navy should, in light of recent events, be pretty up for the match.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:45 am

Enjoy!
Thank u
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Laxfan500 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:46 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:45 am

Enjoy!
Thank u
Anytime
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:41 am
crazyhorse wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:27 am ...are now slim. Looks like RPI dropped from 7 to 10 and SOS is 30. They do still have 3 top 20 wins vs UConn, OSU, and Michigan. Offsetting that a bit, the loss to Colorado counts as a significant loss (RPI>20), and is something the other seed contenders don't have. Loyola should be feeling much better about their chances.
Good news for Loyola, which now has to hold serve. Hounds play Navy tonight at 7:00, ESPN+. Navy should, in light of recent events, be pretty up for the match.
I hope that the GOAT gets the Hounds prepared for a trap game. Navy is never an easy game. Cindy (also a GOAT) is a force on the sidelines (watch her antics tonight) :D

I'll be there tonight on the top of Balmer with 45 degrees and 20 mph gusts. BRRR, spring sport :roll:
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:05 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:41 am
I hope that the GOAT gets the Hounds prepared for a trap game. Navy is never an easy game. Cindy (also a GOAT) is a force on the sidelines (watch her antics tonight) :D

I'll be there tonight on the top of Balmer with 45 degrees and 20 mph gusts. BRRR, spring sport :roll:
I hear ya! I sat on the sidelines of a HS game yesterday with 30-35 mph NE winds. Felt like an early February game!!! 🥶
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, tulips and lacrosse sure signs of Spring.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Justalaxdad wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:16 am I hear ya! I sat on the sidelines of a HS game yesterday with 30-35 mph NE winds. Felt like an early February game!!! 🥶
I know where you were, dad. I've seen several games there in the past two years. Windier than Mt. Washington. Last year I was actually blown over in my chair. And I ain't Twiggy.

I was at another game in Burlington County yesterday. Very windy and cold, but I'm sure nothing like where you were.

I think the top, say, six teams in South Jersey this year are about as even as any year I can think of.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

In the same region as DMAC, had games cancelled yesterday because it was so cold. It was 80 Sunday though! Happy Spring 😂
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

njbill wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:53 am
Justalaxdad wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:16 am I hear ya! I sat on the sidelines of a HS game yesterday with 30-35 mph NE winds. Felt like an early February game!!! 🥶
I know where you were, dad. I've seen several games there in the past two years. Windier than Mt. Washington. Last year I was actually blown over in my chair. And I ain't Twiggy.

I was at another game in Burlington County yesterday. Very windy and cold, but I'm sure nothing like where you were.

I think the top, say, six teams in South Jersey this year are about as even as any year I can think of.
I must say, I’m quite intrigued as to who you are. Lol

Yeah, it’s kind of wide-open, I thought going in that the team we played yesterday was the best of them all. When you have three players like that, especially in high school, you can really have a special team. We hung in there, and it was an exciting game, the draw in the second half was the difference.

Do you wanna give me at least one hint? LOL
njbill

Post by njbill »

No secret who I am to the old timers.

I'm a long-time Moorestown fan. Back in the old days when the nj.com glax forum was roaring, I had many a "debate" with Shawnee fans. I have seen every Moorestown Shawnee game since 2003.

I'd bet all my fanlax dollars that you are the only father whose two DDs won their last Moorestown game in goal. Course we might try to change that come playoff time. ;)

I'll introduce myself the next time I attend a Shawnee game.
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

njbill wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:30 pm No secret who I am to the old timers.

I'm a long-time Moorestown fan. Back in the old days when the nj.com glax forum was roaring, I had many a "debate" with Shawnee fans. I have seen every Moorestown Shawnee game since 2003.

I'd bet all my fanlax dollars that you are the only father whose two DDs won their last Moorestown game in goal. Course we might try to change that come playoff time. ;)

Bill, my daughter plays for a club in North Carolina that was founded and run by a Moorestown grad. I'm sure you know the family.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yep. Very nice folks.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

njbill wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:30 pm No secret who I am to the old timers.

Please do so, I’m looking forward to meeting you. And come to think of it, you’re probably right about my two daughters. I have a sneaky suspicion we’ll be seeing them again in late May. CH seems to have steadied the ship since the KB injury (very sad btw).

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”