Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:37 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:26 am The plot thickens.....Obama intervened in Ukraine giving Soros a free pass. Drip-Drip-Drip
Do us a favor youth...start your OWN tinfoil hat conspiracy theory thread for all things Obama/Clinton, willya?? Sheesh!

Seems my tinfoil hat has been tuned in to the accurate and winning channel. Sorry to "diss"-apoint ya. :lol: Have a blessed day.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Yeah, nah, sadly that's just not gonna pan out. Like most things Trump, this is a fleeting "win" that is anything but, yet another hollow "victory" carved out with incessant lies and innuendo. Government by propaganda.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:57 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:35 am This is far from over, despite the Trumpist claims based on Barr's spin document.

Yes, the Russians sought and had kompromat on Trump, at a minimum his efforts to do the most lucrative deal of his career in Moscow and lying to cover that up. Perhaps more, including the discussions in Trump Tower and other channels. So many lies, which the Russians knew were lies. Kompromat.

That's what we do know, with or without indictments (and much of that is based on the actual indictments and plea agreements).

That's considered 'victory' by the Trumpists.
Quite right. Quite sad.

Randy and other Trump Apologists attack the Dossier so vociferously because they believe that it caused the start of the investigation, which, in that lizard brain approach, makes the entire investigation illegitimate and subject to dismissal.
.:lol:. Speaking of lizard brains -- there's no way to prove a negative to the TDS afflicted. When did you stop beating your wives ?

Despite the most awesome all star investigative team in history & the full force of US & allied intel services, Mueller brought forward no finding of kompromat. Yet the phalanx of TDS zombies lurches forward, unconvinced.
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:37 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:26 am The plot thickens.....Obama intervened in Ukraine giving Soros a free pass. Drip-Drip-Drip
Do us a favor youth...start your OWN tinfoil hat conspiracy theory thread for all things Obama/Clinton, willya?? Sheesh!..
Yeah Yout' ...this is the PottyMouthMarcy thread. Exclusive. JHU72 is a MenschHead. .:lol:.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Well for heaven's sake, no one actually has a copy of the report, old salt.

You don't need TDS to say "hey, I'd like to read the report before I draw any conclusions".
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:32 pm Well for heaven's sake, no one actually has a copy of the report, old salt.

You don't need TDS to say "hey, I'd like to read the report before I draw any conclusions".
It doesn't matter what Mueller's report said. It won't convince the TDS zombies there's no kompromot.
He just couldn't find it. They just told us so. Trump's guilty, no matter what the report says.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:36 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:32 pm Well for heaven's sake, no one actually has a copy of the report, old salt.

It doesn't matter what Mueller's report said. It won't convince the TDS zombies there's no kompromot.
He just couldn't find it. They just told us so. Trump's guilty, no matter what the report says.
Are those your thoughts or are you telling us what others believe?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

How's that Benghazi thing going?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

That's odd, I told you the same thing about the DoJ's report on the behavior of the DoJ and FBI. They found nothing indictable. You didn't buy it, and want more investigations, no?

Are you sharing tinfoil hats with the libs now?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Quite right, I get all the Old Salt i need from Sean and Tucker. Birds of a feather... :lol:

"They just told us so".

Major credibility gap...ala the aforementioned Faux News Stars.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:18 pm

Speaking of Benghazi, anyone notice Trump's proposed cuts to the State Dept. budget?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:40 pm

Speaking of Benghazi, anyone notice Trump's proposed cuts to the State Dept. budget?
Hey we have the worlds greatest statesman and negotiator, what do we need with all those other slugs? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Lady Macbeth, AKA Alt Facts Conway,AKA She of the Happy Marriage,is insulted that anyone would think she would lie,cheat and steal to get HIIH,elected. MOI? :o Jamais,jamais,jamais.

Lewandowski and Manafort perhaps! Eager to see if Parscale,Trump's 4th campaign manager to date,will design a campaign for 2020 that is honest,transparent and more efficient at disguising meetings with "Russkis, Ayrabs and Chinamen".

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... a_20190327
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I have close friends that work for DoS and I spend time there....trust me, they could afford to cut their budget and not miss a bit, these are facts. They can blow through some money, especially when building/renovating new embassies.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:38 am
Get back to me when someone other than a right wing blogger who's second job is a Faux News arsonist is reporting this.
She has been correct through all this. You are just not accustomed to reading truth on your news sources. :D
Yeah, that's our problem...we 'can't handle the truth'.

EDIT: Wow, youth, this why really dumb stuff keeps popping up in the right wing blogosphere...people don't bother to read beyond the salacious headline and just pass it along as if possibly credible.

The headline makes a 'fantastical' claim that is not in any way supported by the text (which itself is highly suspect).

There's zero in the text to suggest that the Ukrainian prosecutor was told to back off from investigating Soros. Nada.

The United States AND Soros (I assume through the Open Society) had funded an anti-corruption campaign in the Ukraine, given the immense amount of corruption especially in the prior pro-Russia regime. Yes, that's the prior regime that employed Manafort to the tune of $40mm (if I recall the figure correctly).

Apparently (at least if you follow the text) the new prosecutor had some concerns that individuals running this anti-corruption group had themselves used some of those Soros and US funds for purposes other than the funders' intent. So, they were investigating a couple of individuals (not Soros). But the primary funder, the US gov't, came in and said, no worries we're satisfied with their work and use of funds. So, no need to sweat it per the funders.

But nowhere was this about investigating Soros.

But hey, the right wing rumor monger blogger is referencing as her source another right wing rumor monger writer, Solomon, who, this blogger says, is claiming to have a source who, in turn, has a source who knows this from their knowledge of what the prosecutor was told. Awful lot of 'phone tag'.

But not remotely supportive of the headline, even if not garbled in route.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Republicans "investigating" Republicans.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:54 pm I have close friends that work for DoS and I spend time there....trust me, they could afford to cut their budget and not miss a bit, these are facts. They can blow through some money, especially when building/renovating new embassies.
Right. But they're SUPPOSED to blow through money when building embassies. Both for pomp and for safety.

If you had to wager, which part do you think will be cut: the safety, or the pomp and circumstance? ;)

We'll see. This has about zero chance of being signed into law. But you can certainly chuckle about Trump's budgetary view of the world, post tax cut for the rich.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Pompeo's not planning any campaign events in Syria, so he won't have to send an Ambassador there to set up a "deliverable".

That Benghazi thing went great. It took 4 years, but we finally got some answers.
The F-16 crews scrambled, but never got the launch signal.
The Marines sat on the runway, changing in & out of their uniforms.
The Amb's Green Beret security detail watched it on tv from the US.
Rhodes, Nuland & Morrell wrote the lying talking points.
...among other answers.
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:34 pm Quite right, I get all the Old Salt i need from Sean and Tucker. Birds of a feather... :lol:

"They just told us so".

Major credibility gap...ala the aforementioned Faux News Stars.
GG, Eli Lake & I were months ahead of them, calling out Dr Farkas & the Deep State leakers,
Flynn was the appetizer, Trump the entree. Yates & the Logan Act ambush ...remember ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Huh? "They just told us so" as in Barr tells us that Mueller says he didn't find any kompromat???

Where does Barr say that?

He said there's not enough evidence to indict Trump or others for conspiracy in the Russian election meddling. E.G. Americans didn't do the hacking, there wasn't sufficient evidence of other intentional conspiracy. We don't know (yet) what the 'bar' (pun intended) was for that determination, whether the substantial circumstantial evidence was simply not sufficient to indict... from the prosecutors' POV (much like the determination about HRC and her servers, lots of circumstantial, but not enough direct evidence of criminal intent to indict), given the stakes involved.

That sounds likely. Huge stakes in both situations, gotta have intent be slam dunk proven, in order to indict. And intent is super hard to prove.

But nowhere does Barr suggest Mueller didn't find kompromat.

Anything the Russians knew was a lie, yet Trump or others were lying about it and would be afraid to have come out, is, by definition, kompromat.

Being subject to kompromat is not an indictable offense.
But it sure as heck is an ethical one and it can very well be a very serious security risk.

Barr makes no such claim that Trump wasn't compromised by his lying.

Return to “POLITICS”