Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:38 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:57 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:40 pm

Kellyanne - Ukraine does not have a second amendment! :roll: :roll: Their gun laws are tougher than US gun laws.

Ukrainian Gun Law
The Ukrainian parliament passed a law on Wednesday, which allows citizens to carry firearms in public, alongside the enactment of a state of emergency, after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered troops to eastern Ukraine on Monday.

Previously, Ukrainian citizens were barred from carrying guns outside of their homes.
Odds they go back to barring guns?
No idea. What is clear is their vision is more inline with the original reading (not republican gun activist reading) of the 2A. They formed a citizen militia and handed out guns.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 pm

Kellyanne - Ukraine does not have a second amendment! :roll: :roll: Their gun laws are tougher than US gun laws.

Ukrainian Gun Law
The Ukrainian parliament passed a law on Wednesday, which allows citizens to carry firearms in public, alongside the enactment of a state of emergency, after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered troops to eastern Ukraine on Monday.

Previously, Ukrainian citizens were barred from carrying guns outside of their homes.
No idea. What is clear is their vision is more inline with the original reading (not republican gun activist reading) of the 2A. They formed a citizen militia and handed out guns.

I’d prefer being ruled any day of the week by #2A-supporting Ukrainian women than an an American Democrat (Beto: “heck yes we’re gonna take your AR!!!!”).

Miss Ukraine 2015, Anastasia Lena. “Anyone who enters my country is going to be killed”. She’d have been a perfect American patriot in 1776. When it’s all over, we’re gonna recruit her to move to America and run as a Republican. 🇺🇸 🇺🇦

6F2D31F3-65D5-43FB-B0D4-C93208A9874B.jpeg
6F2D31F3-65D5-43FB-B0D4-C93208A9874B.jpeg (140.72 KiB) Viewed 941 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 pm

Ukrainian Gun Law

In their situation, I'd be tempted to go the Swiss route. Everyone serves some time in military, learns to handle various weapons, everyone keeps weapons locked in basement. Can't carry weapons in public. But could indeed do standing armories instead of basements. The latter is probably better.

That said, AR-15's/AK's are probably not what's making the difference right now, though it does give citizens something to rally to the fore with.

Drones from Turkey, Javelins and other anti-armor, etc. Some air defense. That appears to be what's blunting, even repelling, the Russian ground offensive.

Very, very different situation here in US where we're stuck in this ridiculous Wild West notion that everyone should be able to carry and use a gun with near impunity.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Had lunch w a Corp finance partner at a decent size law firm last week and (went to undergrad in Rome Ga ironically!) and he told me he had 42,000 rounds of ammo. Had been stocking up as crime picked up, lives near a nice golf course in kinda midtown and actually caught a burglar a few months back. Told me he didn’t call the police let him go (“scruffy older white guy”) but informed him to tell the guys friends he has shovels and if they came back they’d never be found again…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Interesting article:
Tiny ‘Glock Switches’ Have Quietly Flooded the US With Deadly Machine Guns
An investigation by VICE News and The Trace uncovered an alarming surge in criminal cases involving “auto sears” or “switches,” which convert Glock pistols and other common weapons into fully automatic machine guns.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkp8p8/ ... auto-sears
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Probably busy cleaning their guns and chawing on Redman. What the hell does the 2nd amendment have to do with your point? You have a PhD and can't differentiate the problem with your own observation. What is that word you use... DUMBASSERY??? :roll: I'll help you out doc. The 2nd amendment is a constitutional right. The alleged criminal behavior by a police officer has zippo to do with the 2nd amendment. BTW, do you have an opinion about the ongoing urban slaughter of young black men by other young black men in possession of ILLEGAL weapons? You must be too busy expending all your energy on your hatred for the police to notice. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:32 am
Probably busy cleaning their guns and chawing on Redman. What the hell does the 2nd amendment have to do with your point? You have a PhD and can't differentiate the problem with your own observation. What is that word you use... DUMBASSERY??? :roll: I'll help you out doc. The 2nd amendment is a constitutional right. The alleged criminal behavior by a police officer has zippo to do with the 2nd amendment. BTW, do you have an opinion about the ongoing urban slaughter of young black men by other young black men in possession of ILLEGAL weapons? You must be too busy expending all your energy on your hatred for the police to notice. :roll:
... read the article above to answer your question.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:32 am
... read the article above to answer your question.
What is the NRA suppose to say? They were not in the room when the no knock warrant was executed. The dead man legally possessed his handgun. The 64 thousand dollar question is was he aware that it was the police kicking down the door? In a such a raid that is SOP when you enter the premises. You scream police we have a warrant. If he knew or understood it was the police, why did he grab his gun? That is a stupid move on the dead mans part. I'm going to throw a wild suggestion out there and guess the police were not aware they had the wrong guy or his gun was legally owned. What they saw was a guy grabbing for a gun. I'm going to throw out another crazy idea, when a cop sees a guy grabbing for a gun they may come to a crazy wild ass idea that person may want to shoot them. What this raid was is classic FUBAR. The police will eff up. You wanna get rid of no knock warrants, I have no problem with that. So you think those knock first warrants will end any better? I doubt that very much. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. FTR, how long do you wait from the time you knock on the door and you kick the door down? How many of you would want to be the first cop in the door especially when you know the bad guy is armed and dangerous and isn't crazy about the idea of going back to jail.
Bob Ross:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Knucklehead is being kind. Really? Twice?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-mad ... d=84322678
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:26 pm Knucklehead is being kind. Really? Twice?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-mad ... d=84322678
mmm, just $13k fine?
Seems to me some jail time would be in order.

This guy ain't just forgetting to pack his nail clippers.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Apparently this is the second time he has been found with a firearm at CLT. Also last fall he was ‘caught’ with a pocket knife at a high school, and my twitter in the lash hour has a reference to his possible involvement with an insider trading scheme or even a pump and dump involving the Let’s Go Brandon meme cryptocoin…
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:02 pm Apparently this is the second time he has been found with a firearm at CLT. Also last fall he was ‘caught’ with a pocket knife at a high school, and my twitter in the lash hour has a reference to his possible involvement with an insider trading scheme or even a pump and dump involving the Let’s Go Brandon meme cryptocoin…
POS
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:56 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:02 pm Apparently this is the second time he has been found with a firearm at CLT. Also last fall he was ‘caught’ with a pocket knife at a high school, and my twitter in the lash hour has a reference to his possible involvement with an insider trading scheme or even a pump and dump involving the Let’s Go Brandon meme cryptocoin…
POS

I don’t know about that, but he’s not ready for prime time and seems like he has some serious mental and emotional issues.

If you’d ever like to be that moderate Republican you claim to be, might I suggest Cawthorn’s eminently sensible primary opponent, Michelle Woodhouse, a successful female businesswoman who was first in her family to attend college. I’ve donated. Hope you’ll join.

https://woodhouse4nc.com/micheles-bio
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:56 pm
POS

I don’t know about that, but he’s not ready for prime time and seems like he has some serious mental and emotional issues.

If you’d ever like to be that moderate Republican you claim to be, might I suggest Cawthorn’s eminently sensible primary opponent, Michelle Woodhouse, a successful female businesswoman who was first in her family to attend college. I’ve donated. Hope you’ll join.

https://woodhouse4nc.com/micheles-bio
nope, I can't find hardly anything to like in her platform. She might well be better than the POS, but that doesn't earn my financial support (I'm not a prolific donor anyway and certainly not with someone like this).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Shoot em Up, shoot me up!

Two in one muthafng day!

https://www.wcvb.com/amp/article/shooti ... e/39997588

God bless 2a NUTS
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:26 pm Shoot em Up, shoot me up!

Two in one muthafng day!

God bless 2a NUTS
Way to fly off the handle and make rash judgements. We are talking about NYS with some of the strictest gun laws in America. I'm wondering if this person used an ILLEGAL GUN?You know the guns that 2nd amendment people fight like crazy to stop.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:03 pm

Two in one muthafng day!

God bless 2a NUTS
Way to fly off the handle and make rash judgements. We are talking about NYS with some of the strictest gun laws in America. I'm wondering if this person used an ILLEGAL GUN?You know the guns that 2nd amendment people fight like crazy to stop.
Do they?

Pretty sure flying off the handle is your Schtick. Having empathy for victims is more my jam.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:11 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:03 pm

Two in one muthafng day!

God bless 2a NUTS
Do they?

Pretty sure flying off the handle is your Schtick. Having empathy for victims is more my jam.
Yeah, you have empathy oozing out of every pore of your body. From what I have just read you are probably right. The shooter is described as a young white kid dressed all in camo who shot up a predominantly black Tops Supermarket.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”