Washington & Lee 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dwn2DaRvr2Pray

Re: Washington & Lee 2022

Post by Dwn2DaRvr2Pray »

While I'm here, a more under-the-radar player is current 7th string SSDM Henry Reed. He comes from a more unknown program in the Shipley Gators, but the kid had leg hair in 5th grade. He's a natural athlete, if only he can climb the depth chart on the field like he can off of it. I have a daughter...I would not let her around Henry Reed. I traveled down 8 hours to watch the Gennies take on CNU and after the game I saw Henry Reed giving his number (via hand signals) to a group of girls with their heads out their dorm room window. The man's got game, if you know what I mean. I think the coaches should give him a few reps this week.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Dwn2DaRvr2Pray wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:03 pm While I'm here, a more under-the-radar player is current 7th string SSDM Henry Reed. He comes from a more unknown program in the Shipley Gators, but the kid had leg hair in 5th grade. He's a natural athlete, if only he can climb the depth chart on the field like he can off of it. I have a daughter...I would not let her around Henry Reed. I traveled down 8 hours to watch the Gennies take on CNU and after the game I saw Henry Reed giving his number (via hand signals) to a group of girls with their heads out their dorm room window. The man's got game, if you know what I mean. I think the coaches should give him a few reps this week.
Could not agree more, in fact I think they should start Reed for the rest of the season, run him as much as they can. Just ride the wave. They've won every game he's played in! What more do you need to know, nothing. They call him a DMid, but I think he's more of a classic, old school two way midfielder, he can do it all.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

ODAC PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Senior Taylor Witherell (Men's Lacrosse) - Witherell had a monster week in helping the Generals extend to a six-game winning streak, going 2-0 for the week. He finished the week with 15 points on seven goals and eight assists, and he also tallied seven ground balls and three caused turnovers. In an 18-11 win over Bridgewater on Wednesday, he tallied a career-best nine points on four goals and five assists. He then had three goals and three assists in a 27-6 win over Guilford on Saturday. For the season, Witherell leads W&L in scoring with 41 points on 25 goals and 16 assists. He also has 28 ground balls and seven caused turnovers. Can he close out his career w a win over Lynchburg
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

He’s running midfield still?
The match up with Darminio will be a good one. I’m sure they will try to slip him off to a shorty which would be problematic for LYN
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:10 pm He’s running midfield still?
The match up with Darminio will be a good one. I’m sure they will try to slip him off to a shorty which would be problematic for LYN
He’s always been better suited I thought to midfield. It’s interesting how people are perceived as players. The reality is he’s a more productive player and more valuable to the team in this role as a mid. Against the better teams
his stats on attack were.
Opponent goal assists shots
Catholic 0 0 6
York. 0 0 0
Denison. 0 0 4
Gettysburg 1 1 7
CNU 0 1 3
Roanoke 0 1 10
Lynchburg 0 0 5
————————————————-
1 3 35

Moving to midfield makes a lot of sense. Everyone is better
Dehuntshigwa’es

Interesting season for the Generals thus far. Some eye raising losses in the beginning I thought and while you might have believed they had talent just weren’t playing well together other than the D. Somewhere along the way the coaches and players figured it out. The D and goal play has been excellent including the 2 main Ssdm they run. Hoping this group peaks against Lynchburg they will need to. The offense looks much different and a better version going with the youth unit starting a freshman and 2 Soph’s. Ott, Brown and Burns are playing well overall with 33,33 and 19 points respectively. Combine that with Smith a Soph on midfield that’s 4 of the major offensive components. Looking for one or perhaps two of these players to distinguish themselves against presumably Lynchburg in the finals. The attack as a group is playing well and I’m hoping to see it carry thru the playoffs. The Generals have come a long way this season after a rough start.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:09 am … I was disappointed to not find Bonnist on the 2022 W&L roster. That kid can play, and I thought for sure he would appear frequently on score sheets for the Generals this year.
Found him. He’s on the Colorado College roster wearing #12. Glad he’s still playing, a solid Section I NY product.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Congratulations to the graduating seniors and team members on a successful season. Best of luck on your future endeavors!
ilovethegenerals!

Post by ilovethegenerals! »

Gene-o has to go
Dehuntshigwa’es

DeepPocket wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:11 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:09 am … I was disappointed to not find Bonnist on the 2022 W&L roster. That kid can play, and I thought for sure he would appear frequently on score sheets for the Generals this year.
Found him. He’s on the Colorado College roster wearing #12. Glad he’s still playing, a solid Section I NY product.
Bonnist is an interesting player, very capable and thought he had the potential to make some noise in his career at W&L. Played quite a bit as a Soph at Colorado but thought he’d have a more significant role as a Soph at that program. Hard to lose a player after investing time in their development to see them go and contribute significantly elsewhere. Something that has become more of the norm the past few years.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:00 pm
DeepPocket wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:11 pm
Bonnist is an interesting player, very capable and thought he had the potential to make some noise in his career at W&L. Played quite a bit as a Soph at Colorado but thought he’d have a more significant role as a Soph at that program. Hard to lose a player after investing time in their development to see them go and contribute significantly elsewhere. Something that has become more of the norm the past few years.
TBH, with the COVID years and the advent of the transfer portal, I think losing players these last few years is a growing trend across the board. The “DI dream,” the upperclassmen sticking around for 5th and 6th years making depth charts even deeper, heck, even schools’/states’ individual COVID policies all in the mix. (Not that I know/think any of this is the case with Bonnist specifically)
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”