Facegram & Instabook

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Facegram & Instabook

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:34 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:24 pm You're a stock market analyst now? :lol:

Joe

Joe -- having been in the M&A business for many decades, I do know how this stuff works actually.

Extremely well played by Musk. He's gonna make bank if the deal goes through. And $1.5B or so if it doesn't.** Good for him. Charging people for "free" speech is a fairly obvious

**Since TWTR hasn't filed the merger agreement publicly yet, I can't tell you for sure how much Musk's break up fee will be. When the 8-K gets filed (probably tomorrow) let's check to see how close my guess is to the actual deal.
I am not sure how that deal gets capitalized by someone that is not a strategic buyer and owns Tesla…. Seems like it may be over equitized and my guess is charging a fee will be one way to increase cash flow. I am waiting on a deal to close that was announced and financed back in November. Merger agreement expired and deal was tweaked.

EDIT:

Musk will pay for Twitter using $25.5 billion in debt and margin loan financing along with $21 billion in equity commitments.

I wonder how large the margin loan is?
Jeez. What's the debt service going to be like?
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/char ... -cash-flow

And

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/char ... ter/ebitda
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Such deep ideological ‘diversity’

D07A2077-7114-4A1E-8A4E-B993DD916F89.jpeg
D07A2077-7114-4A1E-8A4E-B993DD916F89.jpeg (207.64 KiB) Viewed 630 times
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Educated folks.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:27 am Educated folks.
Apparently Petey now thinks that all those successful, capitalist tech companies should be punished because their educated, talented employees don't agree with ole Petey...DeSantis should make a list...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:32 am
Apparently Petey now thinks that all those successful, capitalist tech companies should be punished because their educated, talented employees don't agree with ole Petey...DeSantis should make a list...

So educated, no longer sane

BD496629-0815-4B32-8881-3CBF0B56E26B.jpeg
BD496629-0815-4B32-8881-3CBF0B56E26B.jpeg (243.07 KiB) Viewed 623 times
Typical Lax Dad

$12B margined against $62B Tesla Stock
$6.5B seven year T/L secured by Tesla Stock SOFR + 475
$3B 1 year secured bridge SORF + 675
$3B 1 year unsecured bridge SOFR + 1000
$.5B 5 year Revolver SOFR + 475

$21B Cash

$.5B in EBITDA.

You could argue Musk has $33B of “equity” in deal. Won’t have much visibility into how successful the acquisition is until it trades again.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: Educated in knowing who is going to come scratching their back at some point....educated, :lol: you're funny.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:39 am
:lol: :lol: Educated in knowing who is going to come scratching their back at some point....educated, :lol: you're funny.
How so? These folks tend to be extremely well paid, so are you saying that they should expect Dems to not tax them? They have a high likelihood of starting their own tech company or being part of such, so do you think Dems make it easier for such companies to start and thrive, perhaps?

What is it that you think Dems will do for these folks that Republicans wouldn't?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:37 am $12B margined against $62B Tesla Stock

$21B Cash

$.5B in EBITDA.

You could argue Musk has $33B of “equity” in deal. Won’t have much visibility into how successful the acquisition is until it trades again.
I think you may have already answered this, but what's the likely pro forma debt service coverage ratio?

Doesn't sound like the company is generating sufficient cash to cover, right? so, Musk will simply need to keep coming out of pocket to cover?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:44 am
How so? These folks tend to be extremely well paid, so are you saying that they should expect Dems to not tax them? They have a high likelihood of starting their own tech company or being part of such, so do you think Dems make it easier for such companies to start and thrive, perhaps?

What is it that you think Dems will do for these folks that Republicans wouldn't?
It was seacosters reply to the image posted prior, by pete, to which I was replying.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:47 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:37 am $12B margined against $62B Tesla Stock

$21B Cash

$.5B in EBITDA.

I think you may have already answered this, but what's the likely pro forma debt service coverage ratio?

Doesn't sound like the company is generating sufficient cash to cover, right? so, Musk will simply need to keep coming out of pocket to cover?
50x leverage. I estimate debt service to approximate $1.3B. Not considering taxes or capex, debt service coverage based on last year would be 0.38x. If you look at the margin loan as equity, its 26x leveraged and a 0.51x debt service coverage.

Those IBs must do a lot of business with Musk related entities and were strong armed….Fee letter not available.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:54 am

It was seacosters reply to the image posted prior, by pete, to which I was replying.
The more educated tend to support the Democratic Party. You've got a canvas -- how scientific, none of us know -- of prominent technology companies, which purports to show that those employees overwhelmingly support, with dollars, Democrats for the 2022 midterm cycle. This is pretty much all that I can deduce from the chart.

YA ascribes -- in his "YA without supporting evidence" way -- personal pay to play and get payback motive to the totality of these employees (giving $200 or more). Seems pretty dumb.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:14 pm

The more educated tend to support the Democratic Party. You've got a canvas -- how scientific, none of us know -- of prominent technology companies, which purports to show that those employees overwhelmingly support, with dollars, Democrats for the 2022 midterm cycle. This is pretty much all that I can deduce from the chart.

YA ascribes -- in his "YA without supporting evidence" way -- personal pay to play and get payback motive to the totality of these employees (giving $200 or more). Seems pretty dumb.
Yea....I am sure there is a statistic out there that would document a persons hopefulness for a backscratch in return :roll: ....b/c, well, that never happens. Look no further than those 10-20k plated dinner/fundraisers....by both sides, oh the irony, that the same is in play here. Loosen the tie. ;)
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

At least some of these people are giving $200. And they expect payback from the Congressman or Senator. Sure.

I sent Tim Ryan $200, so when he beats JD, I will be getting tons of favors from government. Awesome.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:33 pm At least some of these people are giving $200. And they expect payback from the Congressman or Senator. Sure.

I sent Tim Ryan $200, so when he beats JD, I will be getting tons of favors from government. Awesome.

Let me ask a question, apropos of the photo of the two ‘educated’ Hillary voters crying the night she lost:

If Ryan or any Dem politician lost a race, can you ever conceive of crying as a result? I’ve only ever seen Democrats cry when they’re candidates lose. And it’s not like this was an outlier photo. ‘Educated’ libs cried all over America the night she lost. It was, ermmmmm, something.

And today, ‘educated’ libs are angry that free speech might make it back to Twitter.

I feel there’s necessary analysis to be done here.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:48 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:33 pm At least some of these people are giving $200. And they expect payback from the Congressman or Senator. Sure.

Let me ask a question, apropos of the photo of the two ‘educated’ Hillary voters crying the night she lost:

If Ryan or any Dem politician lost a race, can you ever conceive of crying as a result? I’ve only ever seen Democrats cry when they’re candidates lose. And it’s not like this was an outlier photo. ‘Educated’ libs cried all over America the night she lost. It was, ermmmmm, something.

And today, ‘educated’ libs are angry that free speech might make it back to Twitter.

I feel there’s necessary analysis to be done here.
Respectfully, the photo of people crying is irrelevant to any of this.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:48 pm And today, ‘educated’ libs are angry that free speech might make it back to Twitter.
Alright, I'm ready for the wager now that it looks like Musk will get twitter.

$1000 says that twitter will continue to delete posts, suspend, and remove accounts, Petey. Musk already told the mental midgets that he'd continue to delete and suspend just last week....but you don't believe, so....

Just like twitter did before. Same game, different owner.

You game? Or.......are you ready to admit you're full of sh*t, as usual?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I understood who you were replying to, simply didn't understand what the back scratching comment meant, given context. I tried to explain why it seemed not obvious to me that Dems would be expected to be particularly benefiting these voters/donors, other than based on whatever their social values might be, perhaps.

Seriously, what "back scratch" might they be hopeful for...these educated, talented employees of the most successful, capitalist tech companies in the USA?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:03 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:48 pm And today, ‘educated’ libs are angry that free speech might make it back to Twitter.

$1000 says that twitter will continue to delete posts, suspend, and remove accounts, Petey. Musk already told the mental midgets that he'd continue to delete and suspend just last week....but you don't believe, so....

Did you miss the posts where I said posts of a harassment or threat nature would continue to be deleted, or do you just like talking with yourself?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:04 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:03 pm

Did you miss the posts where I said posts of a harassment or threat nature would continue to be deleted, or do you just like talking with yourself?
A. that's still censorship, my man. And guess what? It's a judgement call......the very thing you've been complaining about, Pete.

B. you don't really think that that is ALL that will be deleted?

C. you do realize that the Babylon Bee post on Man of the Year fits the harassment definition...."You may not use hateful images or symbols in your profile image or profile header. You also may not use your username, display name, or profile bio to engage in abusive behavior, such as targeted harassment or expressing hate towards a person, group, or protected category. "

Return to “POLITICS”