Facegram & Instabook

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Facegram & Instabook

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:54 pm How much equity went into that deal? Wonder what the expected 10 year IRR is?
I have a feeling none of that matters. And as fast fast tech moves, you never know what is around the corner.

Think of it like this....Musk is a dreamer, a visionary....that meets his goals. With twitter moving all their server and data in to the google cloud taking advantage of all their tools, that all aligns with where AI tech is headed. Yolk all that with all the data available in a BQL query and you are closer and closer to intuitive AI. They can also stitch together your data over the years and see how you've evolved...the possibilities are endless.
What does that have to do with IRR? You investing along side Musk in this deal? I was wondering what the expected IRR is likely to be? Do you know how much daily float he was able to collateralize?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:14 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:54 pm How much equity went into that deal? Wonder what the expected 10 year IRR is?
I have a feeling none of that matters. And as fast fast tech moves, you never know what is around the corner.

Think of it like this....Musk is a dreamer, a visionary....that meets his goals. With twitter moving all their server and data in to the google cloud taking advantage of all their tools, that all aligns with where AI tech is headed. Yolk all that with all the data available in a BQL query and you are closer and closer to intuitive AI. They can also stitch together your data over the years and see how you've evolved...the possibilities are endless.
What does that have to do with IRR? You investing along side Musk in this deal? I was wondering what the expected IRR is likely to be? Do you know how much daily float he was able to collateralize?

As I understand things, Musk is the only equity investor. There are debt facilities, but that’s not for an IRR analysis.

He has stated some operating business changes such as limiting advertising and seeking instead graduated monthly fees for posters ($3/user; $25/blue check).

He’s also stated that he’s not seeking to make this some great investment, rather doing it to preserve free speech.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:30 pm
Remember when the complaints by the left around here where...."hey if you don't want to be banned or have something against twitter, go start your own private social media company". Musk just said hold my beer
Remember when the complaints from the right were that "all twitter wants to do is censor the right". :lol:

Hilarious. Twitter's Brass cashed Elon's check...and showed that, nope, they don't give a sh*t about "censoring the right".

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:41 pm He’s also stated that he’s not seeking to make this some great investment, rather doing it to preserve free speech.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete, just..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoo....good one. Is there ANYTHING you won't believe if you think it's somehow related to your silly fake political beliefs?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

He has stated some operating business changes such as limiting advertising and seeking instead graduated monthly fees for posters ($3/user; $25/blue check).
And it will then die quickly if you have to pay that much to fully participate. Facebook and Instagram charge exactly zero to post. And they own a lot more of the ad market.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:36 pm What's the over and under on when Section 230 is repealed?

Seriously, I'm fine with these big platforms deciding which posts to publish and which not, or all yes, as long as they're held responsible for the damage they enable to be spread.

And with this purchase, Musk will be held liable for the decisions of Twitter unless he creates distance between himself and its decisions. At a minimum, his financial interests in Twitter will be liable.
The lawyers must be licking their chops over this.. Let the lawsuits begin.
definitely; it will open up extremely deep pockets to liability for the damages for what they publish, just as does the NYT, WAPO, WSJ, ABC, etc...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:22 pm CNN displaying why they are just hateful people: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcyX0PgpTZ ... _copy_link
hmmm, sounds like common sense.

Again, I'm not concerned, as long as Section 230 is repealed.
But then, I wanted that prior to this particular deal being applauded by the trolls.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:41 pm He’s also stated that he’s not seeking to make this some great investment, rather doing it to preserve free speech.

Whoo....good one. Is there ANYTHING you won't believe if you think it's somehow related to your silly fake political beliefs?

Ahhhhhhhhhh. The primary difference between an American liberal and a conservative: you’re distrustful of humanity because you’re cynics, we take people at their word because we are optimists.

“Elon Musk said he doesn't care about the economics of buying Twitter at a TED2022 conference.

He said he wanted to acquire the platform because it will be important to "future civilization."

Musk championed Twitter's inclusivity and credibility, adding it's "not a way to make money."

Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said he doesn't care about the economics of acquiring Twitter.”

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... orm-2022-4
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:55 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:22 pm CNN displaying why they are just hateful people: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcyX0PgpTZ ... _copy_link

But then, I wanted that prior to this particular deal being applauded by the trolls.

CNN and Stelter in particular are the dumbest yet most deceptive people in media.

Yeah ‘there will be no rules’… :roll: :roll:

Stelter knows that harassment and threats will result in the same suspensions as before. What he wants unaware people like MD to think is accounts like The Babylon Bee, a satire account mocking the lunacy of the left, are out of control cowboys who will lay waste to every aggrieved minority in the universe, cursing and threatening. What utter cynical moronic lunacy.

Regrettably, Stelter has a willingly duped audience.
Typical Lax Dad

Found what I was looking for:

https://www.reuters.com/article/musk-tw ... EKCN2MD1UB

25% if all goes well.
ggait

Post by ggait »

He’s also stated that he’s not seeking to make this some great investment, rather doing it to preserve free speech.
Petey is so stupid and gullible. Especially about the stock market. [GILD closed at $62.65 today.] Laughable how he laps up Musk's BS. Here's what really is going on.

TWTR was at $77 a year ago. $35.50 on 2/1/2022 before Musk disclosed his stake. So a buy at $54 seems like a solid value price. Musk will do extremely well on this investment in all likelihood. Some very savvy play by Musk.

1. He put TWTR in play by tossing out $54 out a few weeks ago when TWTR was at a 52 week low.
2. He waits weeks to see if any other bidders might want to show up.
3. Since none did, he sticks with his original price without getting haggled higher.
4. If anyone comes calling later and tops him, he will collect a handsome break up fee -- I'd guess $1.5B.
5. If no one shows, he gets TWTR for a relative song.

If I were a TWTR director, I'd feel like I was giving the company away at $54. But given how Musk played his cards, the directors had no option but to roll over. No director wants to be Yahoo turning down $45 billion from Microsfot. [Yahoo later gets acquired by Verizon for less than $5B.]

NFW Musk is forking over 20% of his net worth for some pie in the sky about free speech.

FYI, Musk is on record that he favors punishing bad actors on the platform. He just thinks that time-outs are more sensible than complete bans.

And if it was all about "free" speech, how come Musk's major initiative will be to make TWTR a subscription service?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:07 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:51 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh. The primary difference between an American liberal and a conservative: you’re distrustful of humanity because you’re cynics, we take people at their word because we are optimists.

“Elon Musk said he doesn't care about the economics of buying Twitter at a TED2022 conference.

He said he wanted to acquire the platform because it will be important to "future civilization."

Musk championed Twitter's inclusivity and credibility, adding it's "not a way to make money."

Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said he doesn't care about the economics of acquiring Twitter.”

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... orm-2022-4
Free speech and future civilization - as long as you can pay $3/month.

LMAO
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:55 pm

CNN and Stelter in particular are the dumbest yet most deceptive people in media.

Yeah ‘there will be no rules’… :roll: :roll:

Stelter knows that harassment and threats will result in the same suspensions as before. What he wants unaware people like MD to think is accounts like The Babylon Bee, a satire account mocking the lunacy of the left, are out of control cowboys who will lay waste to every aggrieved minority in the universe, cursing and threatening. What utter cynical moronic lunacy.

Regrettably, Stelter has a willingly duped audience.
The Bee had a 12 hour "time-out" for breaking the harassment rule.
Not sure that makes them "out of control cowboys, etc, etc."
Sounds like they'd get the same time-out in a Musk regime.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

ggait wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:42 pm
Petey is so stupid and gullible. Especially about the stock market. [GILD closed at $62.65 today.] Laughable how he laps up Musk's BS. Here's what really is going on.

TWTR was at $77 a year ago. $35.50 on 2/1/2022 before Musk disclosed his stake. So a buy at $54 seems like a solid value price. Musk will do extremely well on this investment in all likelihood. Some very savvy play by Musk.

1. He put TWTR in play by tossing out $54 out a few weeks ago when TWTR was at a 52 week low.
3. Since none did, he sticks with his original price without getting haggled higher.
4. If anyone comes calling later and tops him, he will collect a handsome break up fee -- I'd guess $1.5B.

If I were a TWTR director, I'd feel like I was giving the company away at $54. But given how Musk played his cards, the directors had no option but to roll over. No director wants to be Yahoo turning down $45 billion from Microsfot. [Yahoo later gets acquired by Verizon for less than $5B.]

NFW Musk is forking over 20% of his net worth for some pie in the sky about free speech.

FYI, Musk is on record that he favors punishing bad actors on the platform. He just thinks that time-outs are more sensible than complete bans.

And if it was all about "free" speech, how come Musk's major initiative will be to make TWTR a subscription service?
You're a stock market analyst now? :lol:

Jor
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:07 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:42 pm

Jor

The dude has a bunny-boiler obsession.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Joe

Joe -- having been in the M&A business for many decades, I do know how this stuff works actually.

Extremely well played by Musk. He's gonna make bank if the deal goes through. And $1.5B or so if it doesn't.** Good for him. Charging people for "free" speech is a fairly obvious

**Since TWTR hasn't filed the merger agreement publicly yet, I can't tell you for sure how much Musk's break up fee will be. When the 8-K gets filed (probably tomorrow) let's check to see how close my guess is to the actual deal.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:24 pm You're a stock market analyst now? :lol:

Joe

Joe -- having been in the M&A business for many decades, I do know how this stuff works actually.

Extremely well played by Musk. He's gonna make bank if the deal goes through. And $1.5B or so if it doesn't.** Good for him. Charging people for "free" speech is a fairly obvious

**Since TWTR hasn't filed the merger agreement publicly yet, I can't tell you for sure how much Musk's break up fee will be. When the 8-K gets filed (probably tomorrow) let's check to see how close my guess is to the actual deal.
I am not sure how that deal gets capitalized by someone that is not a strategic buyer and owns Tesla…. Seems like it may be over equitized and my guess is charging a fee will be one way to increase cash flow. I am waiting on a deal to close that was announced and financed back in November. Merger agreement expired and deal was tweaked.

EDIT:

Musk will pay for Twitter using $25.5 billion in debt and margin loan financing along with $21 billion in equity commitments.

I wonder how large the margin loan is?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: All of a sudden they get the point of what has taken place: https://www.instagram.com/p/CczFk7DjMQb/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:34 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:24 pm You're a stock market analyst now? :lol:

Joe

I am not sure how that deal gets capitalized by someone that is not a strategic buyer and owns Tesla…. Seems like it may be over equitized and my guess is charging a fee will be one way to increase cash flow. I am waiting on a deal to close that was announced and financed back in November. Merger agreement expired and deal was tweaked.

EDIT:

Musk will pay for Twitter using $25.5 billion in debt and margin loan financing along with $21 billion in equity commitments.

I wonder how large the margin loan is?
Jeez. What's the debt service going to be like?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:47 am :lol: :lol: All of a sudden they get the point of what has taken place: https://www.instagram.com/p/CczFk7DjMQb/

Amazing. They really are shameless. Or dumb. I’m not certain which, tbh.

Do you think Ari is unaware of how Twitter not only suppressed the Hunter story, but they banned other accounts for simply sharing the NYPost link? Some of those accounts had hundreds of thousands of followers. Their ‘crime’ for the most part is they tended to mock the left more than other conservative accounts, but in many cases you couldn’t begin to claim they were in violation of any rules. A few that come to mind are Carpe Donktum, James O’Keefe, Project Veritas.

Return to “POLITICS”