Patriot League 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Turnandrake

Re: Patriot League 2022

Post by Turnandrake »

Navy needs to win this weekend if they want to hold onto the 5/6 seed for the PL tournament
old salt

Post by old salt »

A Navy win over Lafayette + 1 more Colgate loss (to Lehigh, Loyola, or HC) puts Navy in the tourney.

A Lafayette win over Navy, then things get complicated.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

As I said on the Navy thread, Lafayette has a little extra incentive due to it being Senior Day. As a Navy follower, I am very concerned.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

gymman1031 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:32 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:20 pm Really looking forward to the BU Loyola game. BU with a lot to prove and in a tough stretch of the schedule. Fortunately they are getting a Loyola team that’s vulnerable.
Loyola is vulnerable. But if their performance at Navy last week is a sign of what is to come, they could be dangerous.

I’d change that wording slightly.

I think Loyola WAS vulnerable to start the season. But the pieces have started to fall into place. It starts with face off, Bailey has kicked it up a gear, and his immediate backup, Pacheco, has proven he can compete in D1. That really helps.

I think our offense took a while to discover it’s identity. Tbh, I like the way they’re moving the ball, plus we found our dodgers.

Our SSDM’s are really good. Our LSM’s, tops. And now our defense is gelling.

Finally, Sam is improving every game in goal.

Now, having said all that, I still think BU is the top PL team. I think they were smart to schedule the Ivys in the middle to late part of the season. That should make them crisper. We took on the Big Ten early, and it took several more gritty games to get our mojo back.

Let’s see who earns it today. Should be tight.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

BU looks like the team to beat they’re playing with great confidence and Garber is solid in cage.
Army’s beat down on Cornell was their signature win and they look like they can play with anyone right now.
I wouldn’t sleep on Loyola though,they tend to always play their best during the tournament and Toomey will have them ready- they’ll need the AQ or their season will be over.
The wheels are falling off in Bethlehem and it was just a matter of time before their luck ran out. They could easily loose their last two games (BU & Loyola) and their first game in Patriot League Tournament. Having a great f/o man and #5 ranked defense can’t overcome their lack of offense.

Not sure who the last two will be:

Bucknell- although only 1-4 they could be in the driver’s seat with the easier road of the three. They’re up on HC 7-3 at halftime. They play the Mids after Lafayette and has the head to head win over Colgate.
Navy- at 3-3 they look firm but have Army and Bucknell left- they also have the head to head win over Colgate
Colgate - at 2-4 it’s going to be hard to get in but beating Lehigh helped. A win over Loyola would be huge then HC.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Bucknell has become my sleeper team in the conference.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

gymman1031 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:29 pm Bucknell has become my sleeper team in the conference.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Here is my question I asked it on the Navy thread But, IF:

Bucknell beats Lafayette
Navy loses to Army

Will next Friday's meeting between the Bison and the Middies either possibly, or definitely, be for the sixth and final spot in the upcoming conference tournament?
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

gymman1031 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:46 pm Here is my question I asked it on the Navy thread But, IF:

Bucknell beats Lafayette
Navy loses to Army

Will next Friday's meeting between the Bison and the Middies either possibly, or definitely, be for the sixth and final spot in the upcoming conference tournament?
If Navy looses to Army and Bucknell and Colgate beats Loyola and Holy Cross then Mids are out.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

TopShelf585 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:16 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:46 pm Here is my question I asked it on the Navy thread But, IF:

Bucknell beats Lafayette
Navy loses to Army

If Navy looses to Army and Bucknell and Colgate beats Loyola and Holy Cross then Mids are out.
Thanks so much!
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

The idiot filming this Bucknell Lafayette game :shock: :shock: Im glad ESPN is filming these games but holy sh*t atleast have someone who has seen a lacrosse game before film the game
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

masondixonlax wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:49 pm The idiot filming this Bucknell Lafayette game :shock: :shock: Im glad ESPN is filming these games but holy sh*t atleast have someone who has seen a lacrosse game before film the game
Came here to say this! Holy crap! Even if you grabbed someone who had never seen a lacrosse game in their life and told them to film the game, they would do 10,000 times better than whoever the (apparently-stoned) person is working this game. It is almost as if they were instructed never to have both the goal and the ball on the screen at the same time! You get to see one or the other. That's it.

And I guess it would be too much to ask to see the score, time, and shot clock occasionally.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Bucknell maybe playing the best lax right now in the league but the PL tournament is wide open
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Bucknell played Army and Lehigh close, but they lost to the Top 4 teams in the PL and their wins are over 3-9, 1-12, and 4-10 teams. Not sure what indicates them to be playing the best lacrosse.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

jrn19 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:52 am Bucknell played Army and Lehigh close, but they lost to the Top 4 teams in the PL and their wins are over 3-9, 1-12, and 4-10 teams. Not sure what indicates them to be playing the best lacrosse.
Agreed. Bucknell struggled with 4-10 Lafayette on Friday night. They will claim the last spot in the PL tourney, but they are far from the hottest team in the PL.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PL website has the top 6 teams as "clinched"

https://patriotleague.org/standings.aspx?standings=2148
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:04 am PL website has the top 6 teams as "clinched"

Hoe the playoffs break down: https://patriotleague.org/tournaments/?id=350

Home Site of the Higher Seed
The 2022 Patriot League Men’s Lacrosse Championships will begin with the quarterfinal-round action on Tuesday, May 3. The semifinal round will be played on Friday, May 6. The Patriot League Men's Lacrosse Championship Game is scheduled to be played on Sunday, May 8.

Quarterfinal Round - Tuesday, May 3 | Hosted by Higher Seed
No. 6 seed at No. 3 seed
No. 5 seed at No. 4 seed

Semifinal Round - Friday, May 6 | Hosted by No. 1 Seed
No. 5/4 winner vs. No. 1
No. 6/3 winner vs. No. 2

2022 Patriot League Championship Game - Sunday, May 8 | Hosted by No. 1 Seed

As a Navy fan, as of today, looks like we'd face Loyola, the winner of that game gets BU. If we lose to Bucknell Friday, we'd have 6 seed and face Lehigh.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:33 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:04 am PL website has the top 6 teams as "clinched"

The 2022 Patriot League Men’s Lacrosse Championships will begin with the quarterfinal-round action on Tuesday, May 3. The semifinal round will be played on Friday, May 6. The Patriot League Men's Lacrosse Championship Game is scheduled to be played on Sunday, May 8.

No. 6 seed at No. 3 seed
No. 5 seed at No. 4 seed

No. 5/4 winner vs. No. 1
No. 6/3 winner vs. No. 2

As a Navy fan, as of today, looks like we'd face Loyola, the winner of that game gets BU. If we lose to Bucknell Friday, we'd have 6 seed and face Lehigh.
Actually, only the #1 seed (BU) is locked in at this point. Army, Lehigh, and Loyola are all still vying for the #2 seed.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

GreyingHound wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:05 pm

No. 6 seed at No. 3 seed
No. 5 seed at No. 4 seed

No. 5/4 winner vs. No. 1
No. 6/3 winner vs. No. 2

Actually, only the #1 seed (BU) is locked in at this point. Army, Lehigh, and Loyola are all still vying for the #2 seed.
Agreed, I started with "as of now", then made the mistake of assuming nothing changes moving forward. Thanks!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:00 pm
GreyingHound wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:05 pm

No. 6 seed at No. 3 seed
No. 5 seed at No. 4 seed

No. 5/4 winner vs. No. 1
No. 6/3 winner vs. No. 2

Agreed, I started with "as of now", then made the mistake of assuming nothing changes moving forward. Thanks!
:) No worries. How cool is it that the seeding will be determined by the last games of the season, with multiple meaningful games on Friday?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”