Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Dip&Dunk

Re: Navy 2022

Post by Dip&Dunk »

As the saying goes: Sing Second. Great win. One they will remember forever.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

What a game! Army looked invincible in dismantling Cornell but truly, you can't count ever count a team out in this rivalry. Absolutely brilliant game -- and how sweet for co-captain Sweeney to get the game-winner. Ryan, Skalniak, Tolker, Cole, LiCalzi, Arline -- so many guys stepped up. Congrats to the Navy players and coaching staff!
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Boy, was I wrong when I said my head said Army by at least a few goals! Tremendous performance from the Mids and the coaching staff today! NOW, no letdown against Bucknell!
old salt

Post by old salt »

You could see Xavier getting more confident & assertive as the game progressed. Just picture what he will do from x when his teammates can anticipate & finish his no-look & lookaway feeds. ....& you wanted an attackman who can initiate & dodge from the wing or sideline -- looks like you have one who can initiate & dodge from anywhere. Now if he can just stay healthy & withstand the pounding of being a 2 sport athlete.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:00 am You could see Xavier getting more confident & assertive as the game progressed. Just picture what he will do from x when his teammates can anticipate & finish his no-look & lookaway feeds. ....& you wanted an attackman who can initiate & dodge from the wing or sideline -- looks like you have one who can initiate & dodge from anywhere. Now if he can just stay healthy & withstand the pounding of being a 2 sport athlete.
Agreed...it has been the missing element to which I have been advocating....a balanced attack which opened up the offense and stretched/stressed the defense. Look how wide open #10 was for 3 of his shots (unfortunately missed) on the doorstep. Army did not seem to adjust or didn't care to adjust. Attack accounted for 7 points, Midfield 5. We won the 3rd and 4th.....when we typically do not.

Army goalie with a season low 3 saves @ .200. What can we make of this...just a bad day for him or was the balanced attack the contributing factor vs the Army game plan? Likely a combination of the two.

I am thrilled for #32, he displayed why I have argued against his absence all year.

I'd also like to thank Jobu :lol: , seems he had an influence yesterday. ;)

Go Navy!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:28 am
old salt wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:00 am You could see Xavier getting more confident & assertive as the game progressed. Just picture what he will do from x when his teammates can anticipate & finish his no-look & lookaway feeds. ....& you wanted an attackman who can initiate & dodge from the wing or sideline -- looks like you have one who can initiate & dodge from anywhere. Now if he can just stay healthy & withstand the pounding of being a 2 sport athlete.
Agreed...it has been the missing element to which I have been advocating....a balanced attack which opened up the offense and stretched/stressed the defense. Look how wide open #10 was for 3 of his shots (unfortunately missed) on the doorstep. Army did not seem to adjust or didn't care to adjust. Attack accounted for 7 points, Midfield 5. We won the 3rd and 4th.....when we typically do not.

Army goalie with a season low 3 saves @ .200. What can we make of this...just a bad day for him or was the balanced attack the contributing factor vs the Army game plan? Likely a combination of the two.

I am thrilled for #32, he displayed why I have argued against his absence all year.

I'd also like to thank Jobu :lol: , seems he had an influence yesterday. ;)

Go Navy!
For next year -- with Sweeney & Cole gone & Xavier working from x, can 6 find the open space in front & finish the way Sweeney can ?
We know he can drag his man around from behind & scrape him off the net. ...& we'll still have 43 or 64 to invert.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

I believe the “Star Series” of all sports that both Army and Navy compete against each other is now complete for this academic year. This year Navy won the overall contest 20-4, the largest difference in the history of the competition.

That is a lot of singing second!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:36 pm I believe the “Star Series” of all sports that both Army and Navy compete against each other is now complete for this academic year. This year Navy won the overall contest 20-4, the largest difference in the history of the competition.

That is a lot of singing second!
Wow! As an inquisitive man, makes me wonder what is going on.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
TheGoat1999

Post by TheGoat1999 »

Congrats to the MIDS and those Seniors for another WIN against army.

I enjoyed the game at that school up north. Beautiful day and one hell of tailgate for Navy Lacrosse.

GK was hot, hot and hot!

34 keep the heat on WP-20. WP-20 is a solid player but Navy seems to have his number the last two years. 33 and 30 were all over the field and 68 was solid as a rock. Our SSDM, were having a hard time with the rotations but all is all, It was a great day.

28, 29 and 43 didn’t disappoint! When 21 hit 29 early, you knew it was going to be our day. Later in the game, 29 hit the right-handed alley dodge! 28 was impressive with his vision and moved with more purpose today. He should be an automatic go with shorty matchups. 28 has to win those battles over the next few weeks. Yet another change on the Second Midfield with 48, 64 and 16 (attackman). Amplo sure does make it interesting. We knew this was coming after 18, showed he wasn’t ready for the big stage.

I wasn’t surprised to see X playing this weekend. Like I said before, Big Crowd, Big Stage and close to home. So predictable IMO. I think he is going to be a good player, two nice individual goals, nice assist to 10 and 21. But, the Behind the back shooting from 12 out with no angle, selfish shooting and lack of riding is concerning, especially when other players have been removed from the starting line-up for less. Sounds like Rules for thee Not for ME. 10 had two nice goals and 21 was solid. Still no #6, he must be suspended.

But, #32 stole the show. This kid comes off the bench without any warm-up in OT and hits the game winner. #32 is the ultimate professional by all accounts! Congrats #32 !

Congrats to the Senior Leaders and the Captains, Job well done!

I enjoyed Singing SECOND!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I just like Army-Navy,

football, lacrosse, you name it,

this game is worth 2 or 3 “watches”, Arline, and just the
intensity - worth another look.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

On to Bucknell on Friday night. Let's hope for a great crowd.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Interview with Coach Amplo @ 27:00

https://soundcloud.com/singsecondsports ... or-podcast

by my tally -- if winners on Fri are Navy, BU & Loyola, then PLT seeds would be
1 -- BU (7-1)
2 -- Loyola (6-2)
3 -- Lehigh (5-3)
4 -- Navy (5-3)
5 -- Army (5-3)
6 -- Bucknell (4-4)
#4 seed Navy would host #5 seed Army in PLT first round.

Jobu's on it !
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

A lost to Bucknell and Navy will be the 6th seed?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Turnandrake wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:23 pm A lost to Bucknell and Navy will be the 6th seed?
Yes. Both the only 4-4 finishers, head-to-head tie breaker.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Are the chances not half-bad that Navy would play, if they get this far:

Lehigh in the Quarters?
Loyola in the Semis?
BU in the Championship?

A chance to avenge their three conference losses.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe navy can possibly be 4th place after Friday if they win against bucknell and if BU beats Lehigh. Finally, if loyola wins against Lehigh it makes the seeding as:

1. BU
2. Loyola
3. Lehigh
4. Navy
5. Army
6. Bucknell

Navy would get the 4th seed due to identical conference records with army but navy owns the tire breaker due to their win in the star game.

If this happens, it would make an extremely electric 2nd game as playoffs are now involved
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Anyone predicting a close game with Bucknell?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

gymman1031 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:12 pm Anyone predicting a close game with Bucknell?
Army played them to a one goal game, so statistically it should be close. Army goalie save % vs Navy was lowest this season. Bucknell needs goalie needs to be on to keep it close(er). I’ll go Navy 13-10.
~Livy

gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:24 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:12 pm Anyone predicting a close game with Bucknell?
Army played them to a one goal game, so statistically it should be close. Army goalie save % vs Navy was lowest this season. Bucknell needs goalie needs to be on to keep it close(er). I’ll go Navy 13-10.
That sounds good. By the way, not taking anything away from Navy if they win. However, Friday away games are often among the toughest for visiting teams in College Athletics. They have been through a long week of classes and practice, and when they arrive, they often don't have a whole lot of time to get settled. Of course, Bucknell won't have to take a long flight or anything. But they will have a 3 1/2 hour bus ride down.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

13-12 Bucknell

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”