Syracuse v. BC -- 4/22/22 @ 6:00 PM

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxagainsthumanity

Re: Syracuse v. BC -- 4/22/22 @ 6:00 PM

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

DMac wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:45 pm Carney's legs played pretty big in this game.
There are a few plays that are different if
she's got two good legs.
You sure don't feel as if BC is unbeatable
after this one.
I don't think anyone thought they were unbeatable considering they lost 6 days ago.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bart wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:45 pm
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:38 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:37 pm Syracuse takes another stupid penalty during crunch time – what a shocker.
:roll: The defender was trying to get the ball back and their legs got tangled up. Nothing stupid (or malicious) about it. Glad everyone was ok.
That is how it looked to me. Glad no one got hurt.

Was a fun game to watch.
That is exactly what happened, the stupid penalty comment is nonsense.
Couple of girls playing hard got tangled up.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 pm I don't know which team I enjoy watching lose more--Syracuse or Maryland. Deeply satisfying in both cases.

I really wish you had never discovered the sport of women's lacrosse. Then everyone who reads this forum would've been saved from all the unbearable, narcissistic, tripe-filled bulls*** that spews out of your mouth.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

DMac wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:45 pm Carney's legs played pretty big in this game.
There are a few plays that are different if
she's got two good legs.
You sure don't feel as if BC is unbeatable
after this one.
Yep, she had 4 huge turnovers... a few of them being absolutely momentum killers that were immediately followed up by BC scores. She's clearly trying to do too much too soon.
Bart

Post by Bart »

The crew tonight certainly did learn to count to 3. Lots of fouls. BC doubled them up on FPS and went 50% on them.. Syracuse needs to figure that out, especially if they are going to play any zone again.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

That was a real bahnburnah as we say in Beantown. In doubt right to the end. I’m wiped.

Syracuse will not be an easy out the rest of the way. One of the scrappiest teams I’ve ever seen. They’re like the Black Knight in Python’s Holy Grail. They just refuse to give up. Without the injuries last year and this, they might well have won a national championship.

One has to wonder if the artificial turf in the dome has been a contributing factor. Just now wondering if all their injuries occurred there.

It’s going to be awfully difficult next year with all the players they’ll lose to seriously contend for Championship Weekend, let alone a national title.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:22 pm That was a real bahnburnah as we say in Beantown. In doubt right to the end. I’m wiped.

Syracuse will not be an easy out the rest of the way. One of the scrappiest teams I’ve ever seen. They’re like the Black Knight in Python’s Holy Grail. They just refuse to give up. Without the injuries last year and this, they might well have won a national championship.

One has to wonder if the artificial turf in the dome has been a contributing factor. Just now wondering if all their injuries occurred there.

It’s going to be awfully difficult next year with all the players they’ll lose to seriously contend for Championship Weekend, let alone a national title.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. They have quite the excellent group of seniors that could (and most likely will) return for their fifth year. Add in the return of both Emmas and they will be an unstoppable force on offense and the young defense this year will become a seasoned, very experienced, veteran defense by next season.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Correct me if I'm wrong, don't they also bring in a very good goalie ? Can't remember who and too tired to look it up
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:13 pm Syracuse No. 8 is just not great carrying the ball. Shouldn’t there be more support off the draw??
I agree with this. She had a tough go tonight. She almost looked scared and made some unfortunate turnovers
I’m surprised KT didn’t make some kind of switch
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

laxer12 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:49 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:22 pm That was a real bahnburnah as we say in Beantown. In doubt right to the end. I’m wiped.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. They have quite the excellent group of seniors that could (and most likely will) return for their fifth year. Add in the return of both Emmas and they will be an unstoppable force on offense and the young defense this year will become a seasoned, very experienced, veteran defense by next season.
Only carney tore her acl in the dome
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

The orange almost made a comeback here. Meg Tyrrell is just ridiculous. She makes these shots that make u scratch your head! Chuck looked good. Played very low key but got the job done. Carney. Hate to say it. Is not looking good. Almost felt like she was scared to take on a 1v1. I’m sure this was a mentally challenging game for her as this was the match up that she got hurt in. I hope she can heal whatever is going on in time for ACC play. I thought hower played fine. North on the fp line has got to be terrifying. There are some players that just aren’t up to par. Or too slow. Idk
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Cagekeeper wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:19 pm

I thought both EH and ET tore them in practice, were they on grass field ?
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

tothedraw wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:39 pm
Cagekeeper wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:19 pm

I thought both EH and ET tore them in practice, were they on grass field ?
They were in practice facility. Indoor.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Cagekeeper wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:24 pm The orange almost made a comeback here. Meg Tyrrell is just ridiculous. She makes these shots that make u scratch your head! Chuck looked good. Played very low key but got the job done. Carney. Hate to say it. Is not looking good. Almost felt like she was scared to take on a 1v1. I’m sure this was a mentally challenging game for her as this was the match up that she got hurt in. I hope she can heal whatever is going on in time for ACC play. I thought hower played fine. North on the fp line has got to be terrifying. There are some players that just aren’t up to par. Or too slow. Idk
Yep, they needed to work harder to get Tyrrell the ball. She always makes the right decision. When she shoots the ball, everyone knows there's an excellent chance it's going in; 4/4 shooting is just ridiculous considering the defensive attention she was getting. Whereas you have Emily who took 10 shots and only converted on 4 of them. She should've ran it in on that last free position opportunity; Hall made an easy save on her low to low shot. Carney forced it way too much; she should not be forcing her dodges 1v1 when she very clearly is a step slower than she was before injury. She should focus on facilitating (had a great pass to Tyrrell) and cutting (like how she scored her one goal).
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:37 pm Syracuse takes another stupid penalty during crunch time – what a shocker.
No, no, no, it’s all luck on BC’s part. Have you not been following??? (Tongue planted firmly in cheek)
OuttaNowhereWregget

Justalaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:46 am
No, no, no, it’s all luck on BC’s part. Have you not been following??? (Tongue planted firmly in cheek)
Nice one, dad. Reminds me of the scene in Rounders when Mike took down Teddy KGB in the first part of their marathon poker session and responded to Teddy's claim. "Yup-it was luck."

"It was luck" is another losers lament. Especially regarding the post shots. Don't folks realize that Hall played the angles so well on those shots that all she left them was the post? 😉
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:47 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:45 pm
laxagainsthumanity wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:38 pm
:roll: The defender was trying to get the ball back and their legs got tangled up. Nothing stupid (or malicious) about it. Glad everyone was ok.
That is how it looked to me. Glad no one got hurt.

Was a fun game to watch.
That is exactly what happened, the stupid penalty comment is nonsense.
Couple of girls playing hard got tangled up.
I was surprised; the replay showed very little contact, mostly a tangle of legs. The "stupid penalty" comment is, at this point, to be expected.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

On a serious note, ‘Cuse played BC way better than I thought they would. Down two major players and they were one or two plays away from getting over the hump and possibly winning the game. That on top of only losing to UNC by 2 (short handed again) and people should realize this team can win the NC. They are right up there with the best group behind UNC. I thought there were at least two phantom shooting space calls that involved CN. One was completely bogus as both defenders were to the side and she had a shooting lane. The ref was completely out of position to make the call. Don’t want to go down a rabbit hole on the refs but that stood out to me.

Syracuse’s four losses: NU by 1, Florida by 4 (outlier), UNC by 2, and BC by 2. Sans Florida, this team could easily be 16-1, injuries and all. Don’t sleep on them…
OuttaNowhereWregget

Justalaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:11 am On a serious note, ‘Cuse played BC way better than I thought they would. Down two major players and they were one or two plays away from getting over the hump and possibly winning the game. That on top of only losing to UNC by 2 (short handed again) and people should realize this team can win the NC. They are right up there with the best group behind UNC. I thought there were at least two phantom shooting space calls that involved CN. One was completely bogus as both defenders were to the side and she had a shooting lane. The ref was completely out of position to make the call. Don’t want to go down a rabbit hole on the refs but that stood out to me.

Syracuse’s four losses: NU by 1, Florida by 4 (outlier), UNC by 2, and BC by 2. Sans Florida, this team could easily be 16-1, injuries and all. Don’t sleep on them…
All good points, dad. I just don’t think it applies to this year for the NC. The effect the injuries have had on the team will only become more apparent as the postseason wears on.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Justalaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:11 am On a serious note, ‘Cuse played BC way better than I thought they would. Down two major players and they were one or two plays away from getting over the hump and possibly winning the game. That on top of only losing to UNC by 2 (short handed again) and people should realize this team can win the NC. They are right up there with the best group behind UNC. I thought there were at least two phantom shooting space calls that involved CN. One was completely bogus as both defenders were to the side and she had a shooting lane. The ref was completely out of position to make the call. Don’t want to go down a rabbit hole on the refs but that stood out to me.

Totally agree about the second shooting space call; just completely wrong.

I actually thought that the game was, all things considered, pretty well called. I missed the first YC on Markey. The yellow at the end (the tangle of legs) was a poor call. But otherwise, they did a tough job pretty well.

Syracuse had possession on goal down at least twice, and couldn't get the tie. That's a testament to BC's defense, goalkeeping and ride more than anything else to me.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”