Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by a fan »

:lol: :lol: Gee, let me guess-----Pete's company is a Florida corporation?

Neat. But sure....the gays. Keep your eye on the gays, and ignore that mom and pop shops in Florida get stuck paying not just their full share of taxes...but the taxes of corporations that "don't feel" like paying their own way.

Sounds like a pyramid scheme, Pete......"Move to Florida so you can pay the taxes for our large corporations for them!"

What a great business environment, Pete! Keep it up!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:38 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:54 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:36 am Just read Ron is trying to make Disney pay their fair share now....https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics ... index.html
Let me guess: the thousands of corporations that get sweetheart tax breaks from DeSantis will keep getting their deals, so long as they fall in line with the Governor.

Awesome. Gee, I just can't figure out the problem here.

You in line with this YouthA?
I figured you'd be thrilled...as much as you've always fussed about the all the tax incentives big corp gets, but never the little man. Sounds like DEsantis is your man. :lol:
Actually? You want me as a lifelong DeSantis supporter? Have him eliminate ALL special deals for Big Corporations in Florida. If he did that? He'd be my freaking hero.

Instead, he's punishing Floridians for disagreeing with his policies. You should be angry with this.....
To that point: https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/opi ... 418579002/
:lol: :lol:

Unfortunately, what's less at the forefront of the public consciousness is a measure quietly moving through the Senate to change our state’s corporate income tax code: CS/SB 1090, sponsored by state Sen. Joe Gruters of Sarasota.

If passed, this bill will cost Floridians a whopping $3.5 billion in foregone revenue over the next few years by giving an outsized tax break to the state’s biggest corporations. The bill was last heard in the Senate’s Finance and Tax Committee more than a month ago, but not much has been said or done since then.

And, shocker......Gruters is a Republican.

Come on Petey.....dazzle us with your BS as to why you're giving money to Republicans to pass bills like this.

Oh, right, Pete....the gays. We forget to keep focused on what's important....what was I thinking? Carry on....

You should try to engage in a rational conversation here once in a blue moon. “Gay” seems to be part of every topic to you, however irrelevant. Try to focus on the topics.

If you’d ask nicely, I’d actually say that this article intrigued me. I’m not sure of the particulars, and I don’t reflexively believe opinion pieces authored by non profits, but this author does seem logical and he does sound like he’s got facts.

I’ll dig into it more. My own experience is Florida’s corporate income tax isn’t onerous, however you do pay an inordinate number of fees to the state and municipalities for many items and services.

If it helps, I’m a big believer in flat taxes for individuals and flat sales taxes for corporates.

That all said, it’s always worthwhile to remember where companies and people are moving, and Florida is top of the heap. That’s not because Florida is anti-business or anti-freedom…Desantis every second is playing a very winning hand. His success might anger you, but that’s also irrelevant.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:15 pm You should try to engage in a rational conversation here once in a blue moon. “Gay” seems to be part of every topic to you, however irrelevant. Try to focus on the topics.
I'm focusing on the subjects YOU are telling us is soooo important. We HAVE to protect our children from "the gays", Pete. Try and keep up with your own nonsense.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:15 pm If you’d ask nicely, I’d actually say that this article intrigued me.
I'll stop trolling if you do. You have no interest in real conversation, so stop pretending like you do.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:15 pm I’ll dig into it more. My own experience is Florida’s corporate income tax isn’t onerous
Which is why you support this little game where you get favors, and mom and pop stores pay YOUR taxes. We're out here on full freight for my business.....let me know when you do that.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:15 pm If it helps, I’m a big believer in flat taxes for individuals and flat sales taxes for corporates.
So you say. I don't believe you. If you believed that, the Disney news would have made you angry. Instead? You're thrilled.
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:15 pm That all said, it’s always worthwhile to remember where companies and people are moving, and Florida is top of the heap. That’s not because Florida is anti-business or anti-freedom…Desantis is okaying a very winning hand. His success might anger you, but that’s also irrelevant.
His success doesn't anger me in the least....he's a big government lib. I mock you because you're in full support of his big Government, liberal programs.....so long as YOU don't have to pay for it. Which you don't because he and his predecessors play games with the tax code to favor big biz, while sticking it to the people, and to real small business. You're a lib, not a conservative.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:15 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:36 am Just read Ron is trying to make Disney pay their fair share now....https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics ... index.html
Let me guess: the thousands of corporations that get sweetheart tax breaks from DeSantis will keep getting their deals, so long as they fall in line with the Governor.

I figured you'd be thrilled...as much as you've always fussed about the all the tax incentives big corp gets, but never the little man. Sounds like DEsantis is your man. :lol:
Actually? You want me as a lifelong DeSantis supporter? Have him eliminate ALL special deals for Big Corporations in Florida. If he did that? He'd be my freaking hero.

Instead, he's punishing Floridians for disagreeing with his policies. You should be angry with this.....

Unfortunately, what's less at the forefront of the public consciousness is a measure quietly moving through the Senate to change our state’s corporate income tax code: CS/SB 1090, sponsored by state Sen. Joe Gruters of Sarasota.

If passed, this bill will cost Floridians a whopping $3.5 billion in foregone revenue over the next few years by giving an outsized tax break to the state’s biggest corporations. The bill was last heard in the Senate’s Finance and Tax Committee more than a month ago, but not much has been said or done since then.

Come on Petey.....dazzle us with your BS as to why you're giving money to Republicans to pass bills like this.

Oh, right, Pete....the gays. We forget to keep focused on what's important....what was I thinking? Carry on....

You should try to engage in a rational conversation here once in a blue moon. “Gay” seems to be part of every topic to you, ....
... you should know by now AF, "DON'T SAY GAY". DeathSantis and KellyAnne don't want to talk about gays now, they want to punish them for their existence so as to please their voters! They want to act like they are tough in punishing Disney. In fact the republiCONS in Florida are trying to change the subject because it is backfiring on them. Disney's punishment will never in fact take effect. The law is totally for 2022 election base voter optics. The republiCON Florida legislature will change their mind before the punishment takes effect in June 2023. KellyAnne will tell us that Disney apologized personally to the governor or some other bullsh*t contrition offered by Disney. :lol: :lol:

DeathSantis, KellyAnne and the rest of Florida's republiCONS are cruel, lying, cowards!

----
... KellyAnne, you should be less obvious when trying to change the subject of a perfectly rational conversation. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:58 am

You should try to engage in a rational conversation here once in a blue moon. “Gay” seems to be part of every topic to you, ....
... you should know by now AF, "DON'T SAY GAY". DeathSantis and KellyAnne don't want to talk about gays now, they want to punish them for their existence so as to please their voters! They want to act like they are tough in punishing Disney. In fact the republiCONS in Florida are trying to change the subject because it is backfiring on them. Disney's punishment will never in fact take effect. The law is totally for 2022 election base voter optics. The republiCON Florida legislature will change their mind before the punishment takes effect in June 2023. KellyAnne will tell us that Disney apologized personally to the governor or some other bullsh*t contrition offered by Disney. :lol: :lol:

DeathSantis, KellyAnne and the rest of Florida's republiCONS are cruel, lying, cowards!

I spend more time pondering the lost city of Atlantis than I do anything ‘gay’.

On the other hand, it does seem like you guys pull this card out of your back pockets for everything. Heck, we could be discussing STX versus Brine, and somehow you’re gonna say one or the other is homophobic.

Doesn’t the fake outrage get exhausting? Man, I could never keep up a false facade like this as libs do. Especially for a topic that everyone moved along from about two decades ago.

You do you, though!! Let’s see what American parents think on November 8. Dave Wasserman of Cook Pokitucsl just moved 8 races all in one direction:

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1 ... Urmgnkq0pQ

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:07 am

On the other hand, it does seem like you guys pull this card out of your back pockets for everything. Heck, we could be discussing STX versus Brine, and somehow you’re gonna say one or the other is homophobic.

Doesn’t the fake outrage get exhausting? Man, I could ever keep you the facade like libs do. Especially for a topic that everyone moved along from about two decades ago. You do you though. Let’s see what American parents think on November 8.

... KellyAnne, you should be less obvious when trying to change the subject of a perfectly rational conversation. THE LADY DOES PROTEST TOO MUCH! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:11 am

Doesn’t the fake outrage get exhausting? Man, I could ever keep you the facade like libs do. Especially for a topic that everyone moved along from about two decades ago. You do you though. Let’s see what American parents think on November 8.

... KellyAnne, you should be less obvious when trying to change the subject of a perfectly rational conversation. THE LADY DOES PROTEST TOO MUCH! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bad news this morning for your squad, jhu. Like really bad news.

Dave Wasserman of Cook Political just moved 8 races all IN ONE DIRECTION:

Oooof

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:13 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:11 am

Bad news this morning for your squad, jhu. Like really bad news.

Dave Wasserman of Cook Political just moved 8 races all IN ONE DIRECTION:

Oooof

... keep telling yourself that. The democrats are in the process of moving them back. Lotsa time.

and remember DONT SAY GAY!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Full throated dismissal of TeamPete and his fellow fake Christians. Lays it all out....the hate, the BS, the clickbait.......all serving a distraction from actually fixing America's problems. And yep, this is a shot across the bow for the same fakery from the woke left....performative politics.

You might win the battle, Petey.....but sorry mate, smart folks are on to your fake-christian buffalo cookies. Where you're willing to shred our educational system that's already a sh*tshow in the name of votes.

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:52 pm Full throated dismissal of TeamPete and his fellow fake Christians. Lays it all out....the hate, the BS, the clickbait.......all serving a distraction from actually fixing America's problems. And yep, this is a shot across the bow for the same fakery from the woke left....performative politics.

You might win the battle, Petey.....but sorry mate, smart folks are on to your fake-christian buffalo cookies. Where you're willing to shred our educational system that's already a sh*tshow in the name of votes.

The real problem with Mallory here is twofold: there exists no policy too far left for her (a hazard, I suppose, of being a Democratic politician), and on the substance of this education issue, she and her party are of course wrong (in her case, more naive). People see the truth. I realize, a fan, you’ll never see this no matter what’s shown to you, but I’m never above simply pointing out the facts.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Who will be Ron's KruppWerks?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ax-status/

"Florida’s Republican-led state legislature on Thursday passed a bill sought by Gov. Ron DeSantis to cancel Walt Disney World’s special tax district in Florida.

The speedy approval of the bill — it was filed three days ago, during a special session that was called for a different reason — was decried by state Democrats. Sen. Tina Polsky (D) called it “an enormous decision based on spite and revenge governance.”

The House did not debate the bill after Democrats held a sit-in to protest a map that DeSantis had ordered which redraws Florida’s congressional districts and cuts the number of minority access districts in half. House speaker Chris Sprowls (R) said that if representatives couldn’t be “civil,” he would cancel the debate and go straight to the vote, which he did.

DeSantis (R) has been feuding with the Walt Disney Company for weeks, ever since CEO Bob Chapek issued a statement criticizing a parental rights law that DeSantis championed and paused donations to Florida politicians. That law prohibits discussions about gender-related issues in public school classes up to third grade, and potentially through high school.

The Disney law will dissolve the entertainment giant’s Reedy Creek Improvement District, which was created in 1967 after Walt Disney bought 40 square miles of land in Central Florida to build the Magic Kingdom. Disney lobbyists said the project was too massive for local governments to handle, so legislators gave Disney the authority to run the development as a quasi-governmental agency.

The law doesn’t take effect until June 2023, giving local governments near Disney 14 months to decide how to manage and pay for the huge property’s public services, such as road maintenance and sewage treatment."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:26 pm Who will be Ron's KruppWerks?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ax-status/

"Florida’s Republican-led state legislature on Thursday passed a bill sought by Gov. Ron DeSantis to cancel Walt Disney World’s special tax district in Florida.

The speedy approval of the bill — it was filed three days ago, during a special session that was called for a different reason — was decried by state Democrats. Sen. Tina Polsky (D) called it “an enormous decision based on spite and revenge governance.”

The House did not debate the bill after Democrats held a sit-in to protest a map that DeSantis had ordered which redraws Florida’s congressional districts and cuts the number of minority access districts in half. House speaker Chris Sprowls (R) said that if representatives couldn’t be “civil,” he would cancel the debate and go straight to the vote, which he did.

DeSantis (R) has been feuding with the Walt Disney Company for weeks, ever since CEO Bob Chapek issued a statement criticizing a parental rights law that DeSantis championed and paused donations to Florida politicians. That law prohibits discussions about gender-related issues in public school classes up to third grade, and potentially through high school.

The Disney law will dissolve the entertainment giant’s Reedy Creek Improvement District, which was created in 1967 after Walt Disney bought 40 square miles of land in Central Florida to build the Magic Kingdom. Disney lobbyists said the project was too massive for local governments to handle, so legislators gave Disney the authority to run the development as a quasi-governmental agency.

The law doesn’t take effect until June 2023, giving local governments near Disney 14 months to decide how to manage and pay for the huge property’s public services, such as road maintenance and sewage treatment."

Good move. They don’t need a special district any longer.

Imagine decrying a law which forbids teachers from discussing sex and bizarre gender theory with kids as young as 3. Simply amazing.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:52 pm Full throated dismissal of TeamPete and his fellow fake Christians. Lays it all out....the hate, the BS, the clickbait.......all serving a distraction from actually fixing America's problems. And yep, this is a shot across the bow for the same fakery from the woke left....performative politics.

I think we've already agreed our public education system is a mess and has gone down hill over the past decades....I bet you primarily know why? The US has slipped dozens of spots in the past couple decades in global rank....why? I bet you when you lie your head on the pillow at night and ponder why, I bet you have a really good idea.

In my heart of hearts, I do not believe RD is trying to be some overtly far right hit man....on the contrary, I believe his intentions are to right a listing ship leaning port, taking us further of course. I believe it really is that simple. I think he is more of Trump light, a polished fighter....but b/c he fights unconventionally...he is a target, much like Mallory. Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Be well.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Sure, sure; Ron's just trying to right the listing ship of education. Jesus.

More on the policy-free performative stupidity of Ron:

https://popular.info/p/inside-the-dange ... tbooks?s=w

"On April 15, the Florida Department of Education issued a dramatic press release: "Florida Rejects Publishers’ Attempts to Indoctrinate Students." In the release, Florida Commissioner of Education Richard Corcoran announced that he had rejected 54 math textbooks submitted by publishers for the next school year. According to the Florida Department of Education, 26 of those math textbooks were rejected because they contained "prohibited topics," including Critical Race Theory (CRT) and Social-Emotional Learning (SEL).

To underscore the importance of this decision, the release contained a quote from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R). “It seems that some publishers attempted to slap a coat of paint on an old house built on the foundation of Common Core, and indoctrinating concepts like race essentialism, especially, bizarrely, for elementary school students,” DeSantis said. Corcoran said the math textbooks were rejected because children deserve "a world-class education without the fear of indoctrination or exposure to dangerous and divisive concepts in our classrooms."

In a press conference on Monday, DeSantis defended the decision, focusing on SEL. Right-wing activists claim that SEL is CRT by another name but that is inaccurate. SEL focuses on the development of "critical thinking, emotion management, conflict resolution, decision making, [and] teamwork" — skills that are necessary for students to excel in school and in life. The term dates back to a 1997 book but the concept of character development dates back at least to Benjamin Franklin in the mid-1700s.

"You know, math is about getting the right answer and we want kids to learn to think so they get the right answer. It’s not about how you feel about the problem or to introduce some of these other things," DeSantis said. DeSantis noted that "most of the books that did not meet Florida standards… happened to be in the early grades."

Asked during the press conference what CRT would look like in a math textbook, DeSantis demurred, returning to SEL. "You do have things like social and emotional learning," DeSantis responded, "and some of the things that are more political in there."

But DeSantis' Communications Director, Christina Pushaw, was quite clear that the rejected math textbooks included CRT. She said people are free to "buy any CRT math textbook you want." (These textbooks, Pushaw claimed, teach kids that "2+2=4" is "white supremacy.") Pushaw emphasized that DeSantis would not "force Florida taxpayers to pay for this indoctrination."

CRT is a graduate-level academic framework which explores how "laws, policies, and procedures that function to produce racial inequality." This is sometimes referred to as "structural racism." It is not something you typically find discussed in a K-12 math textbook.

Notably, the Florida Department of Education, Desantis, and Pushaw did not provide any examples of how these math textbooks would indoctrinate Florida students. (The only "example" Pushaw provided was a math worksheet from Missouri that mentioned Maya Angelou.)

Florida eventually released a list of the 26 math textbooks rejected for "prohibited concepts" (the remainder were rejected for other reasons) but there was no information explaining the rejection. DeSantis said that he would not release examples because he respected "the process" and wanted to give publishers the opportunity to appeal. This concern for fairness to the publishers didn't stop DeSantis from issuing a press release accusing all of them of indoctrinating students with race essentialism and other concepts.

DeSantis appears determined to keep the contents of these textbooks secret. Popular Information reached out to the Florida Department of Education and asked for examples of content that caused the textbooks to be rejected. There was no response.

Popular Information, however, has obtained 8 of the 26 math textbooks rejected by Florida for “prohibited topics,” including textbooks for elementary, middle, and high school students. We then scrutinized these textbooks for any mention of race, emotion, or related topics. What we found bears no resemblance to the alarming assertions of Florida officials."
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:41 pm I think we've already agreed our public education system is a mess and has gone down hill over the past decades....I bet you primarily know why? The US has slipped dozens of spots in the past couple decades in global rank....why? I bet you when you lie your head on the pillow at night and ponder why, I bet you have a really good idea.
Do me a solid...just this one time.....tell me why YOU think it's slipped, so I don't have to guess, and so we can actually discuss this.
youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:41 pm In my heart of hearts, I do not believe RD is trying to be some overtly far right hit man....on the contrary, I believe his intentions are to right a listing ship leaning port, taking us further of course. I believe it really is that simple.
Most of my discussions around this guy is simply responding to Pete's stupid juvenile trolling.

I don't hate DeSantis...it's just obvious that he's as you say: Trump light. What does that mean? It means clickbait instead of problem solving. It means that he already made Florida government 10% bigger in a single year. What does that tell me? It tells me he's not a conservative....and he's not a serious person. Why would I vote for someone who's going to make government bigger than ever every chance that they get, IN ADDITION to him playing clickbait headline games that do nothing to fix actual problems?

So as a human with a heart, why would I vote for someone that's INTENTIONALLY fomenting hate to get elected, while ALSO making Big Government even bigger. Why wouldn't I, instead, choose someone like Romney that doesn't play games with hate? Because it's obvious as hell that DeSantis doesn't REALLY care about this silly school stuff....he's been gifted a wedge issue, and he's going to play that card because, as you say, he's Trump-light.

Hard pass. I want adults in the Republican party to offer me a REAL choice in governance. Clickbait politics isn't a REAL choice, YA.

The ship isn't leaning port, YA. All that's happening is that you're seeing voices that were 1000% unwelcome in local government for 200+ years FINALLY having a tee-tiny voice. And there's a handful of these people. And since you never once in your life saw an openly gay person giving THEIR opinion on what's taught in our schools? You're flipping out, and getting upset. Which is your right, of course.....but EVERYONE is allowed a voice in how our public institutions are run, YA.....not just you, and not just me. I'm delighted they're having a say.

And what's Trump-light going to do when presented with this opportunity to pounce on homophobia? He's going to make it sound like the furthest of far left libs have complete control of every single government institution. Which is just flat out stupid. It's the same game as saying that your Republican party is 99% filled with hardcore racist homophobes by picking out the few who are actually just that, and pretending they rep the whole party.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:37 pm DeSantis appears determined to keep the contents of these textbooks secret. Popular Information reached out to the Florida Department of Education and asked for examples of content that caused the textbooks to be rejected. There was no response.
I pity any poster who is genuinely, honestly, so freaking tree-stump stupid that they fall for this game that's as old as America.

Florida People: "Hey can you show why each book was rejected? Or heck, can you show us why ANY of the books were rejected??"

DeSantis: F no! Why would we do that? We've got a fake wedge issue here, and we can't spoil our little stupid game.

Here, let me help you understand what you are cheering on.....DeSantis has a list of indoctrinating books. Hey, can we see this list of books, and what was wrong with them? :lol: Of course not!

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:41 pm I think we've already agreed our public education system is a mess and has gone down hill over the past decades....I bet you primarily know why? The US has slipped dozens of spots in the past couple decades in global rank....why? I bet you when you lie your head on the pillow at night and ponder why, I bet you have a really good idea.
Do me a solid...just this one time.....tell me why YOU think it's slipped, so I don't have to guess, and so we can actually discuss this.
youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:41 pm In my heart of hearts, I do not believe RD is trying to be some overtly far right hit man....on the contrary, I believe his intentions are to right a listing ship leaning port, taking us further of course. I believe it really is that simple.
Most of my discussions around this guy is simply responding to Pete's stupid juvenile trolling.

I don't hate DeSantis...it's just obvious that he's as you say: Trump light. What does that mean? It means clickbait instead of problem solving. It means that he already made Florida government 10% bigger in a single year. What does that tell me? It tells me he's not a conservative....and he's not a serious person. Why would I vote for someone who's going to make government bigger than ever every chance that they get, IN ADDITION to him playing clickbait headline games that do nothing to fix actual problems?

So as a human with a heart, why would I vote for someone that's INTENTIONALLY fomenting hate to get elected, while ALSO making Big Government even bigger. Why wouldn't I, instead, choose someone like Romney that doesn't play games with hate? Because it's obvious as hell that DeSantis doesn't REALLY care about this silly school stuff....he's been gifted a wedge issue, and he's going to play that card because, as you say, he's Trump-light.

Hard pass. I want adults in the Republican party to offer me a REAL choice in governance. Clickbait politics isn't a REAL choice, YA.

The ship isn't leaning port, YA. All that's happening is that you're seeing voices that were 1000% unwelcome in local government for 200+ years FINALLY having a tee-tiny voice. And there's a handful of these people. And since you never once in your life saw an openly gay person giving THEIR opinion on what's taught in our schools? You're flipping out, and getting upset. Which is your right, of course.....but EVERYONE is allowed a voice in how our public institutions are run, YA.....not just you, and not just me. I'm delighted they're having a say.

And what's Trump-light going to do when presented with this opportunity to pounce on homophobia? He's going to make it sound like the furthest of far left libs have complete control of every single government institution. Which is just flat out stupid. It's the same game as saying that your Republican party is 99% filled with hardcore racist homophobes by picking out the few who are actually just that, and pretending they rep the whole party.

New York has 19,000,000 residents. Budget: $220 billion. $11,500 per resident.

CO 5,850,000 residents. Budget: $36.5 billion. $6,200 per resident.

Florida has 21,000,000 residents. Budget: $110 billion. $5,200 per resident.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:19 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:51 pm

New York has 19,000,000 residents. Budget: $220 billion. $11,500 per resident.

CO 5,850,000 residents. Budget: $36.5 billion. $6,200 per resident.

Florida has 21,000,000 residents. Budget: $110 billion. $5,200 per resident.
:lol: :lol: Yeah. That's your toddler math again.

Hey Pete: how many dollars does Florida get from the Federal Government for each dollar they send in do DC?

As of 2017? Florida was the third biggest taker.....taking over $3.00 from the Federal Government for every dollar they shipped to DC. So they take money from every other State for their own budget, keep their own taxes low, and then pretend they're a sooper-neat low tax, independent State.

This is why I'd give ANYTHING for a balanced Federal budget. Guys like Pete would get to look all confused as every tax in Florida is tripled over night. Either that, or the State goes broke. Either outcome would make me very, very happy.

Pete thinks all those retirees are (snicker) living in their means, and the money for allllll that medicare and social security for Florida's 4.5+ million 65+ year olds falls from the sky. Nope. That money comes from your neighbors, Petey.

And yep, for every dollar Colorado sends to DC? They get 90 cents back.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... rs/361668/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

What is that term FLP folks LOVE to use... Bout time for Disney to step up to the plate and pay their fair share of taxes? The Disney folks should be happy to end their corporate welfare they have enjoyed for decades. I bet the Disney folks don't see it that way. I'm guessing a hot dog and a coke will cost 50 dollars next year, extra if you want mustard and onions.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:13 pm What is that term FLP folks LOVE to use... Bout time for Disney to step up to the plate and pay their fair share of taxes? The Disney folks should be happy to end their corporate welfare they have enjoyed for decades. I bet the Disney folks don't see it that way. I'm guessing a hot dog and a coke will cost 50 dollars next year, extra if you want mustard and onions.
So long as EVERY corporation has to actually pay their share? You know doggone well I'm all for that, cradle.

The thing that will SHOCK Floridians? Is that they'll be swimming in cash if they actually tax corporations the same way they tax mom and pop shops in Florida.

And then they could (gasp) cut taxes on ordinary people. Imagine that, Cradle? Republicans acting like they claim for once.

And Pete-------Republicans would never lose a race again. You want permanent power in a State? Tax corporations like everyone else, and then lower taxes for regular citizens,.....and be sure to tell citizens why their taxes went down. Of course, neither party is smart enough to do that, because they think they need corporations to get into office.

Return to “POLITICS”