Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Orange Duce

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:09 pm Interesting:

https://vickyward.substack.com/p/exclus ... ushner?s=w
.. very interesting.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:29 am

.. very interesting.
and, of course, mot surprising. :oops:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:27 am
jhu72 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:29 am

.. very interesting.
and, of course, mot surprising. :oops:
... yep!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

More on Jared. But, but, but Hunter’s laptop!!!!

https://vickyward.substack.com/p/kushne ... igence?s=w
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:17 pm More on Jared. But, but, but Hunter’s laptop!!!!

Pillow talk from Vicky Ward. Sour grapes from the spooks who didn't succeed in toppling MBS.
Have the 50 retired spooks ruled on whether or not this is Russian disinfo ?
Another whiff on regime change by the deep state pros.
Maybe Biden can ask Jared to convince MBS to pump more oil.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:55 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:17 pm More on Jared. But, but, but Hunter’s laptop!!!!

Pillow talk from Vicky Ward. Sour grapes from the spooks who didn't succeed in toppling MBS.
Is there anything about a senior Trump official and advisor to the President getting a $2,500,000,000 stake in an investment fund from a sovereign that concerns you? Or is this all just "the Deep State" -- retired -- fighting back? The fact that he has no investment experience or track record? That the investments he has known to have made are bad ones? Or is it enough that Jared's on your team to give this a pass? Talking about sour grapes sounds like it comes from experience.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Princelings and War Crimes
The Kushner-bin Salman connection runs even deeper than you think.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/pr ... war-crimes

After explaining the Vicky Ward article some Josh Marshall reporting on Kushner and this investment:
Last week we were talking about Kushner’s absurdly large Saudi bonanza, the $2 billion investment noted above. Ex-government officials often go into business, at least indirectly touting their government era contacts and relationships. It’s also true that Kushner wasn’t new to the high dollar business world before entering government. He ran his family’s real estate firm after his father was sentenced to prison. But running the business of a big New York City real estate family isn’t the same as going into the private equity or hedge fund business. And perhaps even more importantly, Kushner’s record was mixed at best. He close to bankrupted his family with one big and (as it later proved) terrible investment. Gulf connections seemed to bail him out of that mess too.

It was clear to everyone that a $2 billion investment for a newly founded fund with a founder with limited and iffy experience was more or less absurd. As I wrote last week it is corruption on a scale I have never seen in a quarter century of reporting on American politics with a focus on public corruption and scandal. But I wanted to get more sense of just how absurd.

If you were from that world but with a limited track record, what would be plausible? A first investment of a couple hundred million? One hundred million? One comparison is provided in the New York Times article which revealed the Kushner investment. Former Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin also got a big investment from the Saudis for his new fund, Liberty Strategic Capital. Mnuchin got “only” $1 billion. Critically, though, Mnuchin’s bid was much more plausible. Mnuchin is a former Goldman Sachs partner. Of course he was Secretary of the Treasury for four years. Between Goldman and the Trump administration Mnuchin had already led a successful fund. So despite the inherent revolving door sleaziness, Mnuchin’s pitch was at least fairly plausible in real investment terms. Yet he got half what Kushner got and his management fee was also less.

So how to find out more? I asked around for some introductions to high-flyers in the hedge fund world. And what I found out was a bit different from what I’d expected. Needless to say, it confirmed the absurdity of Kushner’s windfall. One prominent hedge funder told me that someone with Mnuchin’s track record should get at least 4x the scale investment of someone like Kushner, not 1/2x. But what I learned moved quickly away from these multiples.

There are two broad ways to think about a MBS-to-Kushner investment. One is as a thank you for services rendered in the past — help with figuratively dispatching MBN, help with literally dispatching Khashoggi. The other is an investment in the future. After all, Donald Trump could be back in power in 2025, or, if not him, another Trump-aligned Republican. But what was described to me seemed to transcend both — less a payoff or a future investment than evidence of some relationship between the two men that was deeper than either.

One of these high flyers I spoke to described a recent visit to Saudi Arabia which brought together power players from around the world — but particularly from the investment world — for a series of dinners, confabs and meetings. My interlocutor was one of the attendees. Each evening featured a different big dinner, with different luminaries in attendance. Some gatherings were large, some smaller, some very small, including the Crown Prince and just a handful of others. As it was described to me, at each of these events, or just about every one, there was Jared Kushner, seated right next to MBS.

Now I want to be clear that my interlocutor here didn’t have a perfect visual memory of the precise seating layout in every case. I didn’t get into the nitty gritty details. It wasn’t that kind of chat. But the gist was clear. My interlocutor had never seen anything like it. Sitting next to the ruler on a single night would be a career maker even for your average billionaire. But there Jared was every night — even for the private few-attendees dinner, apparently. The message seemed crystal clear and bold: Jared is my guy. In fact, he’s my number one, number two and number three guy.

What struck my interlocutor was not just the tightness and openness of the bond but the fact that this is during Joe Biden’s presidency. In U.S. politics, Kushner equals Trump. And Trump is no ordinary ex-President. He is not only the U.S. domestic political opposition. But people in and around the White House consider him an existential threat to America’s core political institutions. MBS seemed totally unconcerned about any of that. He might as well have been holding a GOP fundraiser. You might have expected him to at least downplay his bond with Jared in the interests of managing his relationship with the White House. But apparently not even close.
Concluding paragraph:
The impression I got was a bracing and sobering one, a princeling/autocrat future speeding off into the distance while civic democracies remain behind mired in dysfunction and division, realities often stoked by those same princelings/autocrats. It was one of the few times when I surveyed the horizon and thought, “Maybe the good guys don’t come out on top in this?” However that may be, the Kushner investment deserves a lot more scrutiny and a lot more political attention. The impression I got was that it may be less directly transactional than some people think. But that’s only because the relationship seems to run so deep that it’s not for any one favor, of which there are many.
The corruption with Jared runs deep...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Missed this one, Red; thanks for posting.

This is U.S. Grant Administration-level corruption, and the GOP either ignores it, or passes it over as Deep State revenge or envy. Kind of appropriate as we lurch toward another 1876.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:50 am

Is there anything about a senior Trump official and advisor to the President getting a $2,500,000,000 stake in an investment fund from a sovereign that concerns you? Or is this all just "the Deep State" -- retired -- fighting back? The fact that he has no investment experience or track record? That the investments he has known to have made are bad ones? Or is it enough that Jared's on your team to give this a pass? Talking about sour grapes sounds like it comes from experience.
Holy moly, that is the kind of crooked money HRC would have sold her ovaries for. Poor Hillary just never thought about thinking big enough. The Clinton Foundation was okay...but that Kushner understands the grifting business.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 am

Holy moly, that is the kind of crooked money HRC would have sold her ovaries for. Poor Hillary just never thought about thinking big enough. The Clinton Foundation was okay...but that Kushner understands the grifting business.
This is how the right wing media that "comes across [your] phone" has trained you to think: avoid the issue raised, and find, anywhere, a subject suitable for "whataboutism." No one brought up the Clinton Foundation. No one defended the Clinton Foundation -- and if you can find such a defense from me I'll eat the crow, because you won't. So the endgame for you is to sit on your couch and simply say that it is the way both parties do business. Thanks for the contribution.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:01 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 am

This is how the right wing media that "comes across [your] phone" has trained you to think: avoid the issue raised, and find, anywhere, a subject suitable for "whataboutism." No one brought up the Clinton Foundation. No one defended the Clinton Foundation -- and if you can find such a defense from me I'll eat the crow, because you won't. So the endgame for you is to sit on your couch and simply say that it is the way both parties do business. Thanks for the contribution.
Your welcome. If HRC could have found a scheme that would have cleared her a cool 2 and 1/2 billion you think she would have turned that down? FTR, past history pretty much shows that really is the way both parties do business. I'm enjoying lying on the couch right now waiting for Covid to go away. Roxy is at my feet snoring away. So FTR you don't think there was one iota of hinky stuff going on at the Clinton Foundation?? It was all on the up and up and the strait and narrow?? Kush had one thing over the Clintons..if your going to be a grifter swing for the fences. Why mess with the penny ante stuff?

FTR counselor, the right wing media stuff that comes over my phone includes...CNN, Newsweek, and media all over the world. It might be advisable for you to actually understand what the app sends out before you pass judgement based on ignorance and lack of knowledge. The app is Newsbreak, you can check it out yourself if you choose. Or you can continue to pass judgement on that you know nothing about. Is that what a good lawyer does?
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trump is no longer in office. Jared has little to no influence on US govt affairs. If MBS wan't to let Jared invest his $$$ for him, who cares ? Jared has the connections & experience in the ME of pulling off the Abraham accords. Arab funding with Israeli tech offers many new opportunities.
There's no lobbying of the US govt involved. It is simply intl business & investment. It MBS loses $$$, what do you care ?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:56 pm

Trump is no longer in office. Jared has little to no influence on US govt affairs. If MBS wan't to let Jared invest his $$$ for him, who cares ? Jared has the connections & experience in the ME of pulling off the Abraham accords. Arab funding with Israeli tech offers many new opportunities.
There's no lobbying of the US govt involved. It is simply intl business & investment. It MBS loses $$$, what do you care ?
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Point Missing 101....This is the introductory class, and passing it will allow you to take Whataboutism 201.
a fan

Post by a fan »

1. Trump can still run.
2. We're SUPPOSED to deter corruption like this, OS. What did Republican do instead? Gave him security clearances he wasn't supposed to get, and let him do lord knows what with the Saudis in America's name. You let it all go. So did your Republican leaders.

But yep, this is why no one cares about Hunter's obvious corruption in Ukraine. Because YOU told us not to care. Take a bow, this is on you and everyone else who looked the other way anytime TeamTrump did shady, crooked, disgusting things.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:21 pm

1. Trump can still run.
2. We're SUPPOSED to deter corruption like this, OS. What did Republican do instead? Gave him security clearances he wasn't supposed to get, and let him do lord knows what with the Saudis in America's name. You let it all go. So did your Republican leaders.

But yep, this is why no one cares about Hunter's obvious corruption in Ukraine. Because YOU told us not to care. Take a bow, this is on you and everyone else who looked the other way anytime TeamTrump did shady, crooked, disgusting things.
What is the corruption ? Specifics please. It's an international investment fund. Jared has no govt influence to sell. He's not being paid to sit on the BOD of a Saudi govt company. Do you object to the Abraham accords too ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:40 pm

1. Trump can still run.

What is the corruption ? Specifics please. It's an international investment fund. Jared has no govt influence to sell. He's not being paid to sit on the BOD of a Saudi govt company. Do you object to the Abraham accords too ?
:lol: :lol:

No credibility…
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:55 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:40 pm

1. Trump can still run.

:lol: :lol:

No credibility…
Sore loser. Did Jared steal your lunch money too ? Admit it -- you got out-weaseled by Trump.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:40 pm What is the corruption?
Same as Hillary's. Same as Hunters.

You don't use your position in the Exec branch in Government to get line your pockets or the pockets of your family. Or to get future quid pro quos. The appearance of a conflict is more than enough to get you sh*tcanned as a Federal employee.

Yep, It's not illegal. It's immoral. and unethical, OS. You're SUPPOSED to represent the people, and leave enriching yourself or your family out of the equation.

Gave this example to you before. My Aunt was a career lawyer for the DOEnergy. Asked her as I started my biz if there were any Federal grants available to help start our business. She got VERY angry, and directed me to publicly available information on grants on their crude website.

THAT is the bar for me when it comes to Federal service. I have NO IDEA why this isn't the bar for you.

What if the Federal agent who was in charge of plane parts that kept you in the air took liberties with sourcing the most reliable components for the best price? Who cares, right?

Return to “POLITICS”