Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Remind anyone here of any local FLP? Follow the changing standards :lol: :lol: :lol:

1FE2FFCA-8F0C-49CA-AF0D-FB47988DCDDB.jpeg
1FE2FFCA-8F0C-49CA-AF0D-FB47988DCDDB.jpeg (101.69 KiB) Viewed 524 times

Same guy….Next!!!

2A8A0352-6E61-47F5-9962-F249FE8CE29F.jpeg
2A8A0352-6E61-47F5-9962-F249FE8CE29F.jpeg (209.17 KiB) Viewed 524 times

How chefs kiss is this!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish Cradle was awake to comment.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:30 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:25 pm Re Fryer:

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2021 ... uspension/

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2021 ... o-harvard/

Very interesting guy, all sorts of interesting work...much of it controversial, sure, but Harvard, like other Ivies, actually embraces that sort of thing, including from conservative perspectives, much as that reality runs counter to the narrative of Ivies being bastions of solely hyper-liberal orthodoxy.

Especially untrue in many of the Economics departments, including Harvard's.
That’s crazy. Harvard is a FLP school.
Peter Navarro claims some type of degree from Harvard…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:45 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:15 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:05 am

Very interesting guy, all sorts of interesting work...much of it controversial, sure, but Harvard, like other Ivies, actually embraces that sort of thing, including from conservative perspectives, much as that reality runs counter to the narrative of Ivies being bastions of solely hyper-liberal orthodoxy.

So, are we now agreed that the substack article that "came across (C&S's) phone" was complete journalistic malpractice, what we used to call bullsh*t?
Curious....did you watch the youtube video that was embedded in the article?
I did; Glenn Loury, who the piece opens with was a similarly popular, conservative economist who was embraced by Harvard...until, at the age of 39 he was accused of assault in a 'lover's quarrel' by a 23 year old woman; those charges were eventually dropped, but he was then caught and charged with cocaine possession; left Harvard, became 'born-again' and has been a successful, very socially conservative economist, now at Brown I believe.

I think Fryer made serious errors and his celebrity actually protected him for awhile, but it caught up to him. Again, I think these guys' success in espousing theories that run dramatically contrary to various orthodoxy is a testament to the openness of these schools to such challenging thought and work. Doesn't make him right or wrong about his conclusions and theories, but he does ask interesting questions.

But I don't buy for an instant that either of these guys was railroaded because they were conservative blacks. Indeed, it looks more to me like they felt somewhat immune to accountability, too much so. Of course, that's likely true of lots of white professors as well....conservative or liberal.
Exactly this:

"But I don't buy for an instant that either of these guys was railroaded because they were conservative blacks. Indeed, it looks more to me like they felt somewhat immune to accountability, too much so. Of course, that's likely true of lots of white professors as well....conservative or liberal."
Should go check out the power the faculty at Hobart has. It’s beyond a joke. They literally ran a new President out a few years back who was making the place more professionalized because they didn’t like accountability. Our BOT is the same, overstuffed (north of 20 members) with a ton of people within 1:30-2hrs of campus who don’t give that much and don’t put that much time in. The problem with all institutions.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:53 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:40 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:23 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:18 am

So, are we now agreed that the substack article that "came across (C&S's) phone" was complete journalistic malpractice, what we used to call bullsh*t?
So you think I'm lying about the article?? I receive dozens of different news blurbs on this app every day. I didn't look for it counselor, it showed up as one of many I get every day. I didn't realize it would cause so much chaos amongst some people on our forum. I certainly never thought so many of you would insinuate I'm lying about where I read it.
Who said you were lying? I am certain that article showed up on your phone. I am also not surprised that it’s dozens of articles every day delivered to you. That’s some app.
Those folks at Verizon know their chit. It is similar to something like the Drudge Report. They have national news, US news and even NYS news. It is a conglomeration of a bunch of different news organizations.
I am sure it does! I only get notifications from the Economist, Reuters, WSJ, CNN, Bloomberg, NYT, WP and my local Patch. I don’t have that app. Your app is better!
Jesus that’s a lot of notifications.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:01 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:45 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:15 am

Curious....did you watch the youtube video that was embedded in the article?
I did; Glenn Loury, who the piece opens with was a similarly popular, conservative economist who was embraced by Harvard...until, at the age of 39 he was accused of assault in a 'lover's quarrel' by a 23 year old woman; those charges were eventually dropped, but he was then caught and charged with cocaine possession; left Harvard, became 'born-again' and has been a successful, very socially conservative economist, now at Brown I believe.

I think Fryer made serious errors and his celebrity actually protected him for awhile, but it caught up to him. Again, I think these guys' success in espousing theories that run dramatically contrary to various orthodoxy is a testament to the openness of these schools to such challenging thought and work. Doesn't make him right or wrong about his conclusions and theories, but he does ask interesting questions.

But I don't buy for an instant that either of these guys was railroaded because they were conservative blacks. Indeed, it looks more to me like they felt somewhat immune to accountability, too much so. Of course, that's likely true of lots of white professors as well....conservative or liberal.
Exactly this:

"But I don't buy for an instant that either of these guys was railroaded because they were conservative blacks. Indeed, it looks more to me like they felt somewhat immune to accountability, too much so. Of course, that's likely true of lots of white professors as well....conservative or liberal."
I was more concerned not with the the railroading portion (although it is open for debate), but moreso the outcomes of their work. For instance, has his work been disproven in the Houston Police stats, where the claim is police target black people ?

Isn't it oddly coincidental, that when someone starts pushing back against the norms, suddenly innuendo, claims or some wrong-doing begin to surface....like drugs or infidelity as an attempt to shut them up. You even did it above about Loury...ever so subtly, but still flew the black cloud out there; oddly coincidental.
Of you really read MDs context closely and carefully you’ll see that his reference to background was in the line of inquiry speaking specifically to:
1. Ivies are only filled with crazy liberals and;
2. This individual who feels they’ve been persecuted in some ways also didn’t appear to live up to his obligations/responsibilities to the institution which may have had as much, or more, impact on his outcome than any suggestion it’s related to the content of his academic work.

I see the innuendo you are suggesting but I don’t think it’s in any way appropriate. It truly is in this case a coincidence and absolutely, unambiguously nothing more.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:21 pm

So you think I'm lying about the article?? I receive dozens of different news blurbs on this app every day. I didn't look for it counselor, it showed up as one of many I get every day. I didn't realize it would cause so much chaos amongst some people on our forum. I certainly never thought so many of you would insinuate I'm lying about where I read it.
Who said you were lying? I am certain that article showed up on your phone. I am also not surprised that it’s dozens of articles every day delivered to you. That’s some app.
Those folks at Verizon know their chit. It is similar to something like the Drudge Report. They have national news, US news and even NYS news. It is a conglomeration of a bunch of different news organizations.
I am sure it does! I only get notifications from the Economist, Reuters, WSJ, CNN, Bloomberg, NYT, WP and my local Patch. I don’t have that app. Your app is better!
You can look it up. The app is called Newsbreak. Oddly enough it is owned by a Chinese business man. Hell for all I know I've been brainwashed by the ChiComs for the past 2 years.
I am certain of it.
The way I understand it that type of brainwashing is most effective on college graduates. Us blue collar folk are too dumb to comprehend.
Is this how they get to you?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq-wlaUta4A
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:26 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:56 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:50 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:39 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:15 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:51 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:04 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:16 pm

You can look it up. The app is called Newsbreak. Oddly enough it is owned by a Chinese business man. Hell for all I know I've been brainwashed by the ChiComs for the past 2 years.
I am certain of it.
The way I understand it that type of brainwashing is most effective on college graduates. Us blue collar folk are too dumb to comprehend.
Just so you know, here's how News Break rates: https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/newsbreak.com

take a look at what most folks say about it...
Thats is some algori…..I mean that is some app.
You need to express your displeasure to the folks at Verizon. They are the folks who put the App on my phone and certainly regulate its content. All I know is that it is free and for some bizarre reason scorches your BVDs.
Can’t you delete the app?
Why would I want to delete it? I receive a ton of interesting news articles for free. I actually like the App very much.
I am certain you do. Your post seemed to suggest that the only reason the App is on your phone is because it came that way. The reason the app is on your phone is that you wish to keep it. Enjoy the news.
Why would I want to delete it? Why don't you download the free App and avail yourself of all the same news I receive? You and I would then be on the same page.
I didn’t say you wanted to delete it or should delete it.

Trolls trolling away this morning.
Sayeth the lord of trolls
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:56 am :D
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:38 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:59 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:16 pm

I am certain of it.
Just so you know, here's how News Break rates: https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/newsbreak.com

take a look at what most folks say about it...
FTR MD, I never purchased the App. It was installed on my phone by Verizon when I purchased my phone. I have never spent a penny on this app. I suppose I support it every month when I pay my Verizon bill. That being said it is a resource I read because it is already on my phone and is free for me to use. I like free...
yup, in this case, "you get what you pay for"....the algorithm is tuned to give you "news" that it expects you specifically to find interesting, news that gets a reaction from you, whether local or national, etc...it's not tuned in any sense to provide news that is actually credible.

It has a terrible rating.

If you google it, you see people talking about how to remove it from their phones...instructions for doing so.
That is not going to happen Scooter. It just so happens I like the App. Why would I want to remove a free App on my phone that I happen to like very much. Maybe you should complain to the folks at Verizon who installed the app to begin with?
Regardless of whether you like it or not I’m sure you can appreciate that the quality and veracity of information delivered via the app is worthy of questioning and critiquing? Unless you believe all the negative reviews and perception is similar among a conspiracy of like minded FLPs who want to bring it down or some such theory.

So the story may hve shown up on your kit always the highest quality information delivery app and it still be a “bulls*it” story.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:25 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:14 am ... yup, repeal sec 230!

Supporting Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, and Louis Gohmert now.
The enemy of my enemy…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:35 am Alex Jones is declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying Sandy Hook families...liability matters.

Making these apps and platforms responsible for what is posted on them will reduce their profitability, sure, but the innovators will figure out how to do this efficiently and effectively.
He owns a collectible or whatever entity he transferred all cash and assets to and made a security interest claim for like $54mm for A/R against the entity that filed for Bk. He’s trying to do retroactive illegal activities to avoid paying and the courts are going to prison rape him when it all comes out. Total POS move even Andrew Fastow wouldn’t dare come up with.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:54 pm

I don’t believe I get every single story published. The Economist is excellent. When I set my profile, I don’t indicate an interest in politics. I don’t want that stuff. Finance, science, arts & music and international affairs…..made a mistake. No Bloomberg. I get Seeking Alpha instead.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:24 pm

I don’t believe I get every single story published. The Economist is excellent. When I set my profile, I don’t indicate an interest in politics. I don’t want that stuff. Finance, science, arts & music and international affairs…..made a mistake. No Bloomberg. I get Seeking Alpha instead.
Economist is great. Feel like Reuters and CNN would be covered by NYT/WaPo and duplicative/redundant. I don’t mind seeking alpha. I also will skim zero hedge-it’s a mixed bag, but wouldn’t throw the baby out with the bath water on that site.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:24 pm

Economist is great. Feel like Reuters and CNN would be covered by NYT/WaPo and duplicative/redundant. I don’t mind seeking alpha. I also will skim zero hedge-it’s a mixed bag, but wouldn’t throw the baby out with the bath water on that site.
Yes on WP/NYT. Same stories.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:16 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:35 am Alex Jones is declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying Sandy Hook families...liability matters.

Making these apps and platforms responsible for what is posted on them will reduce their profitability, sure, but the innovators will figure out how to do this efficiently and effectively.
He owns a collectible or whatever entity he transferred all cash and assets to and made a security interest claim for like $54mm for A/R against the entity that filed for Bk. He’s trying to do retroactive illegal activities to avoid paying and the courts are going to prison rape him when it all comes out. Total POS move even Andrew Fastow wouldn’t dare come up with.
yes, hopefully he will 'get what he deserves' in any and all ways.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Libs gonna totalitarian.

Capitol Police's new vetting practices raise 'First Amendment concerns,' whistleblowers' lawyer says an attorney for Capitol Police employees wrote that intelligence analysts were “directed” to search the social media pages of congressional staff, event attendees and hosts.

Among the allegations from Gebhardt’s clients: Capitol Police intelligence analysts were directed to scrutinize a religious leader who officiated a funeral that a member of Congress attended. Analysts were also directed to “conduct research” on the relatives of members of Congress as part of their security work, according to his statement. And they didn’t like it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/1 ... s-00025904

Will any FLP who cry over Trump 24/7 raise similar concerns over the Gestapo-ization of yet another federal police force?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:01 pm

I am certain of it.

Nope, I'm too stupid to be brainwashed. I just sit here and watch reruns of NASCAR and drool all over myself.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:05 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:01 pm

I am certain of it.

Nope, I'm too stupid to be brainwashed. I just sit here and watch reruns of NASCAR and drool all over myself.
And you claim you don’t smoke weed but that’s the life of a lover of High Times…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:12 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:25 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:14 am ... yup, repeal sec 230!

Supporting Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, and Louis Gohmert now.
The enemy of my enemy…
... even these squirrels manage to pick up a nut once in a while.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Very interesting video i just finished....speaking of Loury.

If you fast forward to the 1:16:15 mark and the following 10 or so minutes, he speaks quite candidly.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”