ODAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: ODAC 2022

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Dylan Wolf was on fire tonight, 6 goals on 11 shots chipping in 2 assists as well. Noke got toasted worse than I thought they might. D was not able to handle Lynchburg’s O and without face offs and just turning it over it was a game of make it take tonight. There’s more lax but it looks like W&L in the finals w Lynchburg who is the most balanced team in the ODAC even without Rogers
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

LYN D has tightened up.
They ran 4 SSDMs but now rotate 3 (#33 Nestor, #52 Martin and 5th year #4 Robinson. the VMI transfer #25 Barnes has been sidelined since Tufts..3 allows those guys to be more in tune with flow of game IMO..
Poles owned their match ups and they pressed out with purpose allowing Hadley to see shots and make key saves..#42 Rodegast, career LSM converted to low pole, is settling in. His timing on slides better led to 4 CT’s and 4 GBs.
Clearing has been sloppy but looked cleaner. Hadley seems more confident and poles initiated at a faster pace. Robinson and LSM Darmino had goals.
Without Rogers and Wolfe the O was out of sorts.. Both, converted attackman, are such a good initiator and distributors and complimentary being righty and lefty. Not sure if and when Rogers returns.. if he does the offense will be deadly again.. more deadly with the depth chart seeing so much time..

All roads run through CNU or Salisbury for the AQ and from what I saw CNU may be unstoppable this year.. I know they have depth and recruits but this is a sick group of 5th years..
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

For the Burg fans on here I would caution against taking much away from the win last night. Roanoke ain’t it this year.
For those of you who may be wondering why some of us have been negative about Noke on here, the reason for that IMO is that there has been little improvement through the season, particularly on defense. The Catholic game showed the promise of the team, and then they proceeded to lose every big game this season after that, making the same mistakes over and over. Cortland, Dickinson, W&L, Burg, lost them all.
As a fan you want to see an upward trend and improvement through the season and unfortunately that hasn’t been evident this year. Still time, but not much.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

JBFortunato wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:22 pm For the Burg fans on here I would caution against taking much away from the win last night. Roanoke ain’t it this year.
For those of you who may be wondering why some of us have been negative about Noke on here, the reason for that IMO is that there has been little improvement through the season, particularly on defense. The Catholic game showed the promise of the team, and then they proceeded to lose every big game this season after that, making the same mistakes over and over. Cortland, Dickinson, W&L, Burg, lost them all.
As a fan you want to see an upward trend and improvement through the season and unfortunately that hasn’t been evident this year. Still time, but not much.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. Tough that they didn’t keep this game closer. They struggle mightily defensively and on faceoffs. I think the program has progressed at least a little bit this year. Nokes been down, this team is trending in the right direction though, albeit slowly. It’d be a different story if they beat a weak Cortland team and won at W&L. Still time… will be tough to have to play lynchburg in the semis…
allthingsODAC

Post by allthingsODAC »

with the season coming to a close what are the playoff seeding predictions. Think W&L and LYN are locked in for 1 and 2, NOKE takes three, seems RMC will take the 4 and then HSC at 5 and the Bridgewater and Shenndoah take 6 and 7. Seems to be the only way it plays out what do others think?
Laxfan4380

Post by Laxfan4380 »

allthingsODAC wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:13 am with the season coming to a close what are the playoff seeding predictions. Think W&L and LYN are locked in for 1 and 2, NOKE takes three, seems RMC will take the 4 and then HSC at 5 and the Bridgewater and Shenndoah take 6 and 7. Seems to be the only way it plays out what do others think?
I believe there is at least one upset still in the making either in the playoffs or in these final few games
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

I think there may be an upset as well. Roanoke better be careful on Wed vs Shenandoah. RMC over Lynchburg this Saturday??
Dehuntshigwa’es

Laxfan4380 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:53 am
allthingsODAC wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:13 am with the season coming to a close what are the playoff seeding predictions. Think W&L and LYN are locked in for 1 and 2, NOKE takes three, seems RMC will take the 4 and then HSC at 5 and the Bridgewater and Shenndoah take 6 and 7. Seems to be the only way it plays out what do others think?
I believe there is at least one upset still in the making either in the playoffs or in these final few games
No and no, to both comments lax fan snd just one time . W&L, Lynchburg,Roanoke and Randy Mac will be the 4 top seeds. The other seeding won’t matter as to the final results. That was a nice win by Randy Mac but they aren’t beating Lynchburg, nice to dream though. I mean W&L is 37-2 vs Randy Mac I doubt their record vs Lynchburg is much different

More importantly what’s the health of this conference, anyone take its temperature. In my mind ODAC is just down. All 4 of the traditionally top 4 teams are down. Lynchburg is a legit top 20 team and W&L is holding on to the end of the bench due to the Lynchburg win missing Rogers and to a lesser extent Wolf. CNU is walking away the winner this year due to their 5th year players. Take them off and I’d suggest they’d be #8-10 this year. If they go all the way which I think they will do it can only hurt Roanoke Lynchburg and HSC in the recruiting wars. W&L is recruiting a different student. Lynchburg is still on good footing but Roanoke and HSC need to get back in the hunt for a top 20 ranking to keep this conference strong. NESCAC , Centennial Liberty are better but some of these southern conferences and OAC are coming on. NCAC is a 2 horse race every year
allthingsODAC

Post by allthingsODAC »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:27 pm
No and no, to both comments lax fan snd just one time . W&L, Lynchburg,Roanoke and Randy Mac will be the 4 top seeds. The other seeding won’t matter as to the final results. That was a nice win by Randy Mac but they aren’t beating Lynchburg, nice to dream though. I mean W&L is 37-2 vs Randy Mac I doubt their record vs Lynchburg is much different

More importantly what’s the health of this conference, anyone take its temperature. In my mind ODAC is just down. All 4 of the traditionally top 4 teams are down. Lynchburg is a legit top 20 team and W&L is holding on to the end of the bench due to the Lynchburg win missing Rogers and to a lesser extent Wolf. CNU is walking away the winner this year due to their 5th year players. Take them off and I’d suggest they’d be #8-10 this year. If they go all the way which I think they will do it can only hurt Roanoke Lynchburg and HSC in the recruiting wars. W&L is recruiting a different student. Lynchburg is still on good footing but Roanoke and HSC need to get back in the hunt for a top 20 ranking to keep this conference strong. NESCAC , Centennial Liberty are better but some of these southern conferences and OAC are coming on. NCAC is a 2 horse race every year
RMC is a well coached team. They threw some things out at HSC on Saturday that the tigers didn't expect. Not sure what is up with the tigers this year. They have talent all over the field obliviously missing Hitt on D in recent games and Thompson at the middle field from a a ACL injury in the fall hurts and they have been struggling at the x. I wouldn't say that the top four seeds are all that matters. I will say LYN and W&L are clear favors but if HSC gets another shot at RMC I think they win. They need to figure some things out but I think to say that the top four is all that matter is a little hasty.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Fair, it’s just that since 1981 only HSC, Lynchburg, Roanoke and W&L have won the conference,that was my only point.
allthingsODAC

Post by allthingsODAC »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:01 pm Fair, it’s just that since 1981 only HSC, Lynchburg, Roanoke and W&L have won the conference,that was my only point.
Agreed, top four teams for a long time. I will say it is definitely a good thing for the conference to have teams like RMC starting to be more competitive
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:17 pm
Brain wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:08 pm Image[/img]
ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:07 pm
Brain wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:11 pm Noke at home vs Burt’s Bees? Randy Mac doesn’t play well when traveling to Donny Kerr. Last 6 meetings between the 2 at Roanoke, Noke wins by an average of 10.83 goals. Give me Noke by 10 (history repeats itself, and thats just how it goes). Kammerman is smooth as butter, no need for Noke to have a defense if this kid can hang 12 on Randy Mac himself. It’s almost honey gathering season, the bees minds are occupied. Noke by 10. Book it.
9-8 RMC at half, this isn't the same RMC team or Roanoke teams as years past. Been saying that Roanoke hasnt been the same since that team in 2018 with Stucker, Sarro, Curry, Davies, etc.

The tide is turning on Noke...
Good thing the game is 2 halves big fella. Noke on top.
Thought it was an easy win by 10? Celebrating a choke job by RMC and a skin of your teeth win by 4?

Soon enough RMC will win those games and Roanoke will continue to be irrelevant in the ODAC and nationally.
Prediction for tonight Mr. Shenandoah? Let's assume for the sake of fun that these two teams are evenly matched. One might deduct that from the fact that each lost to Lynchburg by the same score, 19-8. In fact, Shenandoah arguably played Lynchburg tougher than Roanoke - after all, Shenandoah and Lynchburg were tied at the half, while Roanoke was already down 8-3 at the half. Shenandoah won 9 faceoffs against Lynchburg, while Roanoke won 10, so they would seem to be about even on FOs. And Shenandoah is at home, while Roanoke is getting off the bus after a three hour ride through the Virginia countryside.

It would seem the right moment for Shenandoah to pull off their first win ever against Roanoke. If ever there were a season to do it, this might be it.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Interesting game. I have to believe Shenandoah can put up some points but don’t see how they will contain the Roanoke offense enough to pull off the upset. Might catch the first qtr to see if it’s a game
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:42 pm Interesting game. I have to believe Shenandoah can put up some points but don’t see how they will contain the Roanoke offense enough to pull off the upset. Might catch the first qtr to see if it’s a game
Agreed
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Roanoke better be careful. The longer they let Shenandoah stay in the game it will become upset city. Shenandoah's results with like opponents have been similar to Roanoke so the game may be close. Getting off the bus and playing is not easy. They may be down from the way Lynchburg handled them last time out.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:27 pm

Down but not out DeHunt- I sense RMC and Shannon are on the rise which helps ODAC overall. NOKE is young and if they stay together and have a good freshman class they could be very tough next year. LYN has very good Freshman recruits and W&L always gets their share of solid players.. HSC is and has been confusing to me this years.. has the culture gone WOKE or up in Smoke? They should be a better team. Maybe it was the graduated leadership that just didn’t take the reins?
WAC, CNU and some other programs could compete for talent but talent is coming from all over the country so getting out there on the recruiting trail is vital..
I’m inclined to believe the future is fine in ODAC!
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

JBFortunato wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:27 pm
Brain wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:11 pm Noke at home vs Burt’s Bees? Randy Mac doesn’t play well when traveling to Donny Kerr. Last 6 meetings between the 2 at Roanoke, Noke wins by an average of 10.83 goals. Give me Noke by 10 (history repeats itself, and thats just how it goes). Kammerman is smooth as butter, no need for Noke to have a defense if this kid can hang 12 on Randy Mac himself. It’s almost honey gathering season, the bees minds are occupied. Noke by 10. Book it.
9-8 RMC at half, this isn't the same RMC team or Roanoke teams as years past. Been saying that Roanoke hasnt been the same since that team in 2018 with Stucker, Sarro, Curry, Davies, etc.

Thought it was an easy win by 10? Celebrating a choke job by RMC and a skin of your teeth win by 4?

Soon enough RMC will win those games and Roanoke will continue to be irrelevant in the ODAC and nationally.
Prediction for tonight Mr. Shenandoah? Let's assume for the sake of fun that these two teams are evenly matched. One might deduct that from the fact that each lost to Lynchburg by the same score, 19-8. In fact, Shenandoah arguably played Lynchburg tougher than Roanoke - after all, Shenandoah and Lynchburg were tied at the half, while Roanoke was already down 8-3 at the half. Shenandoah won 9 faceoffs against Lynchburg, while Roanoke won 10, so they would seem to be about even on FOs. And Shenandoah is at home, while Roanoke is getting off the bus after a three hour ride through the Virginia countryside.

It would seem the right moment for Shenandoah to pull off their first win ever against Roanoke. If ever there were a season to do it, this might be it.
Friends, excuse my absence. The Doah' fought hard but came out on the losing end. They have had a great year.

My friend Brain! What happened to your Noke' boys against Lynchburg? As I said, "Roanoke hasnt been the same since that team in 2018 with Stucker, Sarro, Curry, Davies, etc." this was the last time Roanoke beat Lynchburg. In 2018 they won the same game at Kerr with said players. I stand by my statement that they have not been the same since 2018. Facts are facts.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Maybe getting too far ahead on this but it certainly looks like W&L and Lynchburg will meet again, this time with Rogers and Wolf. The last contest was so close it could have gone either way. The Generals did win the gb war by a significant margin and will have to do the same again. They also played their best game of the season so I’m not sure if they will hit that bar again. Lynchburg ends the regular season w HSC so at least they play a solid opponent before playoffs. The Generals will need a repeat performance by all participants and if not maybe Spaghs has a career day.
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:01 pm Fair, it’s just that since 1981 only HSC, Lynchburg, Roanoke and W&L have won the conference,that was my only point.
Facts
Brain

Post by Brain »

ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:28 pm
JBFortunato wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:27 pm

Friends, excuse my absence. The Doah' fought hard but came out on the losing end. They have had a great year.

My friend Brain! What happened to your Noke' boys against Lynchburg? As I said, "Roanoke hasnt been the same since that team in 2018 with Stucker, Sarro, Curry, Davies, etc." this was the last time Roanoke beat Lynchburg. In 2018 they won the same game at Kerr with said players. I stand by my statement that they have not been the same since 2018. Facts are facts.
Pretty typical response from a Shenandoah lacrosse follower. 100 points by a sophomore, I think Roanoke is gonna do just fine in the coming years.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”