The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The reality is it’s a circle and populists on both sides eventually meet at the bottom.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:33 pm The reality is it’s a circle and populists on both sides eventually meet at the bottom.
The political spectrum is a circle----- it's why both far left and right are both trying to ban words and ideas.

Hearing that the libs are destroying the ACLU is case in point.

As with the FLA law trying to ban the use of of gendered words (good luck with that).
Last edited by a fan on Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:18 pm ‘handout program’ = program started by a man whose son committed suicide, to assist black fathers to stay out of prison and remain in their sons’ lives

Amazing tell.
Yes. That's what it USED to be. Now it's getting taxpayer dollars, and is a Big Government Liberal Program.

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:18 pm It pays off for the taxpayer far more than it spends.

Next question?
Yes. Do you realize that the above statement is LITERALLY the most liberal thing you could possibly say? That's the philosophical foundation for Big Government, liberal spending: it pays off for the taxpayer more than it spends.

I keep telling you, you're the biggest liberal on the board, Pete.

You just need someone with a R by their name to execute the liberal policy-----and you'll be thrilled with the outcome.

That’s not exactly it. Many if not most government programs proposed and embraced by the left are welfare programs for the party. There’s a reason teachers and unions (and especially teacher unions!!) donate so much $$ to Democrats; they see it as an investment, as do Democratic leaders.

Dungy’s program is not to entrap parents but to free them. Most Democratic social programs are permanent dependency programs with permanent work forces meant to vote Democratic.

And before you say ‘but Republicans do the same for their favored constituencies’, I’d agree but to a much lesser extent. Sheldon Adelson was the largest Republican donor, but the guy really had only one cause, Israel. And you could argue most mainstream Democrats supported Israel as well.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:45 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:26 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:18 pm ‘handout program’ = program started by a man whose son committed suicide, to assist black fathers to stay out of prison and remain in their sons’ lives

Amazing tell.
Yes. That's what it USED to be. Now it's getting taxpayer dollars, and is a Big Government Liberal Program.

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:18 pm It pays off for the taxpayer far more than it spends.

Next question?
Yes. Do you realize that the above statement is LITERALLY the most liberal thing you could possibly say? That's the philosophical foundation for Big Government, liberal spending: it pays off for the taxpayer more than it spends.

I keep telling you, you're the biggest liberal on the board, Pete.

You just need someone with a R by their name to execute the liberal policy-----and you'll be thrilled with the outcome.
That’s not exactly it. Many if not most government programs proposed and embraced by the left are welfare programs for the party.
You mean like the Farm Bill, Pete? Or handouts for rural High Speed Internet tucked into the Infrastructure Bill you ignored? Or handouts for oil and gas companies?

Your BS excuses don't work, Pete. You don't get to tell us that your Big Government handouts are magically ok because "Pete Sez So".
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:31 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:06 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:01 am Joe just clarifying things for us....oy vey. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcOxNNhPkF ... _copy_link
And yet such a mind numbingly dumb critique by those who want to make more of than it is; he was saying "prosecuted", mangled it, and realized that was the wrong word anyway, so switched to "sued". That was the correct word.

Yup, he mangles words, has a neurological issue that causes stuttering that he generally has under control, but imperfectly so.

Don't like his communication style, choose Mayor Pete for 2024 if you want optimal communication, similar moderate progressive policies.
I'd rather have Joe, over Pete, at least others are helping Joe and he has experience. Pete seems to care about Pete, always looking for the next shiny new progressive thing to tackle with one foot out the door. Not a fan.
:D great communicator, a moderate progressive....and young.
Unabashedly religious, served as an intelligence officer in Afghanistan.

What "next shiny new progressive things" have you seen him "tackle with one foot out the door"?

I can't think of any, but maybe I'm not in your social media feed flow... ;)

‘moderate progressive’ :roll: :roll:

I’m certainly not overly invested in the answer to this, but how would a person who swears he’s a Republican fiscal conservative simultaneously brag he’s smitten with a progressive?
yes, moderate progressive.
Pretty darn close to Biden on policy, though with a more youthful perspective.
Helps that he's very, very smart.

Youth's issue, apparently, with Biden is his communication foibles...Pete's a top talent in communication, few even close to his class in that respect. Makes issues far more understandable to the typical American, very clear and accessible in his messaging. Including to those with midwestern, working class values and sensibilities.

why would I be interested in a Dem? any Dem?
Well, my Party doesn't seem to want to put forward anyone I can support wholeheartedly, whether Trump, a Trumpist bootlicker, or a wannabe fascist like DeSantis.

There are plenty of GOP and former GOP leaders who could garner my support, but the Party and the bulk of its voters seems more than a little ill disposed towards all such.

So, I'd be looking for someone more moderate on the Dem side until the GOP self-corrects.

Conversely I gather, your opinion is the Democrats are not far left progressives?
"Democrats" ?

Nope, the party has a far left wing, but the party is currently not dominated by that wing nor led by it, predominantly.

But the GOP has been overwhelmed by extremists...the Party apparatus is completely controlled by them and the "competition" among them to be Trump's successor (unless it's Trump again) appears to be pushing them further and further extreme.

Which is why, for now, I'll hope that a moderate progressive emerges as the alternative to what the GOP is most likely to produce...for now.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:01 am Joe just clarifying things for us....oy vey. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcOxNNhPkF ... _copy_link
And yet such a mind numbingly dumb critique by those who want to make more of than it is; he was saying "prosecuted", mangled it, and realized that was the wrong word anyway, so switched to "sued". That was the correct word.

Yup, he mangles words, has a neurological issue that causes stuttering that he generally has under control, but imperfectly so.

Don't like his communication style, choose Mayor Pete for 2024 if you want optimal communication, similar moderate progressive policies.
I'd rather have Joe, over Pete, at least others are helping Joe and he has experience. Pete seems to care about Pete, always looking for the next shiny new progressive thing to tackle with one foot out the door. Not a fan.

What "next shiny new progressive things" have you seen him "tackle with one foot out the door"?

I’m certainly not overly invested in the answer to this, but how would a person who swears he’s a Republican fiscal conservative simultaneously brag he’s smitten with a progressive?

Youth's issue, apparently, with Biden is his communication foibles...Pete's a top talent in communication, few even close to his class in that respect. Makes issues far more understandable to the typical American, very clear and accessible in his messaging. Including to those with midwestern, working class values and sensibilities.

Well, my Party doesn't seem to want to put forward anyone I can support wholeheartedly, whether Trump, a Trumpist bootlicker, or a wannabe fascist like DeSantis.

There are plenty of GOP and former GOP leaders who could garner my support, but the Party and the bulk of its voters seems more than a little ill disposed towards all such.

So, I'd be looking for someone more moderate on the Dem side until the GOP self-corrects.
Conversely I gather, your opinion is the Democrats are not far left progressives?
"Democrats" ?

Nope, the party has a far left wing, but the party is currently not dominated by that wing nor led by it, predominantly.

But the GOP has been overwhelmed by extremists...the Party apparatus is completely controlled by them and the "competition" among them to be Trump's successor (unless it's Trump again) appears to be pushing them further and further extreme.

Which is why, for now, I'll hope that a moderate progressive emerges as the alternative to what the GOP is most likely to produce...for now.

You should note that only two Democratic Senators stand between what you think versus what’s actually occurring. The party is no longer moderate. If not for Manchin and Sinema, the reality would be abundantly clear.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:14 pm

"Democrats" ?

You should note that only two Democratic Senators stand between what you think versus what’s actually occurring. The party is no longer moderate. If not for Manchin and Sinema, the reality would be abundantly clear.
:lol: :roll:
Yes, they'd have passed voter protection laws and they quite likely would have passed a larger social spending bill with more progressive priorities funded...but even that was far, far less than what the far left progressives had wanted...Biden wasn't on board for that level of spending, nor were most in his Admin.

It's a fiction that the world will come to an end if the Dems tilt more progressive by "just two Senators"...but that would indeed open up a moderate lane for the GOP ...except they don't want it...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:05 pm

"Democrats" ?

Yes, they'd have passed voter protection laws and they quite likely would have passed a larger social spending bill with more progressive priorities funded...but even that was far, far less than what the far left progressives had wanted...Biden wasn't on board for that level of spending, nor were most in his Admin.

It's a fiction that the world will come to an end if the Dems tilt more progressive by "just two Senators"...but that would indeed open up a moderate lane for the GOP ...except they don't want it...

You’re overlooking the incomprehensibly bizarre lefty nutcase staff nominations that Manchin and Sinema blocked. Joe nominated an actual communist to office of the comptroller. 🤪
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rs-33.html

I'm betting that if one term Joe decides to run again that there will be impressive numbers of FLP folks jumping off of the top of skyscrapers.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:29 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rs-33.html

I'm betting that if one term Joe decides to run again that there will be impressive numbers of FLP folks jumping off of the top of skyscrapers.

Man. This is lower than Trump, who was historically low.

Massive hole to dig out of. No wonder Psaki is hightailing it to MSDNC.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:36 pm

"Democrats" ?

You’re overlooking the incomprehensibly bizarre lefty nutcase staff nominations that Manchin and Sinema blocked. Joe nominated an actual communist to office of the comptroller. 🤪
... I guess fascists do see communists everywhere. :roll: They weren't communists, they were nominated because they had a history of going to bat for the little guy. I can understand why Manchin didn't like them.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:31 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:36 pm

"Democrats" ?

... I guess fascists do see communists everywhere. :roll: They weren't communists, they were nominated because they had a history of going to bat for the little guy. I can understand why Manchin didn't like them.

She wasn’t nearly the most radical Biden appointee. Vanita Gupta Is hands down that person.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... just a decent man, compared to what came before.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:54 pm
So very heartfelt for a staged event with Joe in the Oval Office. It might have been more believable if there was no propaganda video to tug at Doc 72s heartstrings. This is one of those moments that should have been kept private. Then good ole 72 would not have had a faux teardrop to wipe away from his cheek. I wonder if Biden will have an oval office meeting with the family members of the soldiers that died from his eff up in exiting Afghanistan? That is not the kind of political propoganda the Biden folks are looking for is it? You can't spin that into any reelection ad?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:10 pm
So very heartfelt for a staged event with Joe in the Oval Office. It might have been more believable if there was no propaganda video to tug at Doc 72s heartstrings. This is one of those moments that should have been kept private. Then good ole 72 would not have had a faux teardrop to wipe away from his cheek.

+1

Guttenberg isn’t an easy pill to swallow, putting it charitably. If you live in Florida, you’d know how often he goes way over the line politically, which really diminishes the importance of his daughter’s memory. He’s further left than even our Fanlax FLP.

Finally What the heck is it with these stupid masks?!?!? Ayfkm???? I can’t excuse these lunatics. Enough with the mask theater. Hay Zeus on Easter with cherries.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:19 pm
So very heartfelt for a staged event with Joe in the Oval Office. It might have been more believable if there was no propaganda video to tug at Doc 72s heartstrings. This is one of those moments that should have been kept private. Then good ole 72 would not have had a faux teardrop to wipe away from his cheek.

+1

Guttenberg isn’t an easy pill to swallow, putting it charitably. If you live in Florida, you’d know how often he goes way over the line politically, which really diminishes the importance of his daughter’s memory. He’s further left than even our Fanlax FLP.

Finally What the heck is it with these stupid masks?!?!? Ayfkm???? I can’t excuse these lunatics. Enough with the mask theater. Hay Zeus on Easter with cherries.
I had to laugh when he decided to put his hand over his heart and almost start crying. This was the type of theatric production that Joseph Goebbels himself would have signed off on. His loss should not have been used by Biden as political propoganda. Shame on Biden for this publicity stunt.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... what can you expect from two guys who voted for Trump? :lol: Wouldn't know decent if it hit them in the face -- it did. :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:19 pm

+1

I had to laugh when he decided to put his hand over his heart and almost start crying. This was the type of theatric production that Joseph Goebbels himself would have signed off on. His loss should not have been used by Biden as political propoganda. Shame on Biden for this publicity stunt.
The guy's teenaged daughter was senselessly murdered, and you compare him to Goebbels? There's no shame on anyone here; Guttenberg is a advocate for gun control and measures to curb gun-related violence. Biden is the President. Everyone knows the issues and no one has been "used" here. I'd like to think you're better than this.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:16 pm ... what can you expect from two guys who voted for Trump? :lol: Wouldn't know decent if it hit them in the face -- it did. :lol:

Speaking of being used. I wonder if the Fanlax FLP will criticize one of their own?

Candidate for NYC Democratic Party leadership position is also an anti-cop 'rapper' who has referred to NYPD officers as 'f***ing pigs,' 'plague rats' and 'sacks of s***'

MD keeps telling us the Democrats are ‘moderate’. If this is moderate, what’s far left?!? Mind you, this guy is running for a LEADERSHIP position. :lol: :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... apper.html

Return to “POLITICS”