Towson

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Mr3Putt

Re: Towson

Post by Mr3Putt »

Good article w the obvious. I’m not looking at this game as Delaware is dangerous at 0-2. Towson can poke a hole in this team. The dodging from the midfielder’s has opened up the offense. You can get technical but that’s it. Even, Weber who has not learned how to score off the dodge, he is productive w his speed. He needs to v- cut, get a better half step, if he changed his tempo( runs flat to the pipe) that would open things up , needs more zip on his shot, sticks needs to be elevated away from his body. Brennan has to be commended. For the last 6qtrs the ball is a softball. The faceoffs can go 50-50 the rest of the way. Coaches have to be commended for corralling this team to better lacrosse.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Koby Smith (illness) is out today. :cry:
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

Delaware just wants it more today. Towson not doing themselves any favors with their carelessness
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

Didn’t see a penalty there, what’d I miss?
Jwoods371

Post by Jwoods371 »

That was some brutal officiating at the end, Weird slash call, Berkeley ran someone over, should have been an offside they call it a two handed ward, and the DU coach crying all the way to the goal line not sure if that’s allowed. Towson to little to late though. Nice to see the fight in the tigers though.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Delaware gets win. Towson looked bad at times. Four things that should never happen. Refs called good game. 1) goal in 3 td quarter that clearly was in. Call towards end that I already watched and Towson never touched him. Delaware then when we were doubling throws ball towards goal but 8 feet wide. From outside box that is NOT a shot. We ran over a hen a midfield, and got a warding call(kid stuff)). I was watching game in person, and with 6/7 seconds left. Berkeley picks up ball. Delaware has no timeouts, so a hen goes to his knees. It was so Delaware could see offensive set. the weakest, bush league moment u ve ever seen. Kid was fine. I hope I am wrong, but 48 years of sports, that looked and smelled bad.
UDLaxFan

Post by UDLaxFan »

Neverplaydown wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:35 pm Delaware gets win. Towson looked bad at times. Four things that should never happen. Refs called good game. 1) goal in 3 td quarter that clearly was in. Call towards end that I already watched and Towson never touched him. Delaware then when we were doubling throws ball towards goal but 8 feet wide. From outside box that is NOT a shot. We ran over a hen a midfield, and got a warding call(kid stuff)). I was watching game in person, and with 6/7 seconds left. Berkeley picks up ball. Delaware has no timeouts, so a hen goes to his knees. It was so Delaware could see offensive set. the weakest, bush league moment u ve ever seen. Kid was fine. I hope I am wrong, but 48 years of sports, that looked and smelled bad.

Agree that the officiating was not great. However, I was curious to see what happened with the UD player going down. So I watched the replay which has been uploaded on Flo Sports. The Towson kid took a cheap shot on him. Looked like he jabbed the but end of his stick either into his gut or perhaps a bit lower. Now that, is bush league…
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Heard Towson kid hit him, take last part back
harflax

Post by harflax »

Lots of missed one on one opportunities in the first quarter. I liked the attack unit that played in the 4th quarter.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I thought that was the Hens D in that 1st quarter.
Kilkeary.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Shooting was awful in the first half. They should have been up 6-1 early on but missed countless layups. No. 24 was 0-for-8 in that half and I guess did not take a shot in the second half (did he play?). Didn't help ourselves on face-offs it seemed as whenever MC lost a draw, he would accidentally kick the ball or miss the GB and it went to a Delaware attackman. They scored at least 3 goals (that I saw) off of face-off miscues. Will have to watch second half again as saw very little. I see they did go 14 of 25 on face-offs. Missing Koby obviously, not just defensively but pushing it in transition.
harflax

Post by harflax »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:40 pm I thought that was the Hens D in that 1st quarter.
Kilkeary.
Goalie was good, but we had one player who was 1-8 in the first 20 minutes with 7 not on goal, including a one on one with the goalie where he tried a between the legs shot. I get the angle was tough. Like I said,I liked the attack unit that was in at the end of the game. They moved the ball and worked well together.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Math1234 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:50 pm Shooting was awful in the first half. They should have been up 6-1 early on but missed countless layups. No. 24 was 0-for-8 in that half and I guess did not take a shot in the second half (did he play?). Didn't help ourselves on face-offs it seemed as whenever MC lost a draw, he would accidentally kick the ball or miss the GB and it went to a Delaware attackman. They scored at least 3 goals (that I saw) off of face-off miscues. Will have to watch second half again as saw very little. I see they did go 14 of 25 on face-offs. Missing Koby obviously, not just defensively but pushing it in transition.
Yes, watching the second half back, DeMaio was benched for Gallagher. A lot Mo Sillah at the pole I assume due to Colby Barcz moving to close defense. Thought Bender played extremely well. Not sure what happened with the one-timer that might have gone in in the first half. Also some terrible turnovers (at least three) when we cut the lead to 9-7. One where Jordan Hayes just dropped the ball on a clear attempt and another where Constantinides rushed a pass when he won a face-off. I saw that Santora replaced him after he missed he hit the goaltender on a layup attempt. Not sure why Nads didn't go to Santora more because he's not bad and at least he has experience. Won the groundball battle 32-27, but missed several key 50-50 scrums late in the game that cost us.

Also, seriously just one camera on the Blue Hens Network, who wasn't always following the ball? And these Autotrader Commercials interrupting play where the screen is tiny during the game? Guessing that's a Flo Sports genius idea.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

harflax wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:19 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:40 pm I thought that was the Hens D in that 1st quarter.
Kilkeary.
Goalie was good, but we had one player who was 1-8 in the first 20 minutes with 7 not on goal, including a one on one with the goalie where he tried a between the legs shot. I get the angle was tough. Like I said,I liked the attack unit that was in at the end of the game. They moved the ball and worked well together.
He was 0-for-8 and benched. That would be DeMaio. Gallagher took his place and it looked like they moved Stewart to first midfield. Maybe to get another lefty on the field for the right side. Though DeMaio did play on that last possession considering he had that game-tying goal against Richmond with a second left.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

Sure there was some trash talking at the end and a skirmish, but Hens deserved it. Towson didn't capitalize on their chances in the first half. It shouldn't have come down to Berkely getting tripled at the end. Way too many turnovers and sloppy play when it mattered.
harflax

Post by harflax »

Math1234 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:38 pm
Kilkeary.
He was 0-for-8 and benched. That would be DeMaio. Gallagher took his place and it looked like they moved Stewart to first midfield. Maybe to get another lefty on the field for the right side. Though DeMaio did play on that last possession considering he had that game-tying goal against Richmond with a second left.
You are correct I meant 0-8, with one shot on goal. 25 for 116 21% for the year. He has talent and a flare for the dramatic (as demonstrated with his between the legs shot today), but I thought getting hm out of the game today was the right thing to do. We should have been up big at the end of the first quarter.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

harflax wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:56 pm
Math1234 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:38 pm
Kilkeary.
You are correct I meant 0-8, with one shot on goal. 25 for 116 21% for the year. He has talent and a flare for the dramatic (as demonstrated with his between the legs shot today), but I thought getting hm out of the game today was the right thing to do. We should have been up big at the end of the first quarter.
100% agree. It's not the first time. If you are going to go between your legs in front of the goal with nobody around you, you better score. Going old school, I'm guessing that Coach Runk would not have been cool with that.

I like Chop Gallagher on attack, but I understand the need for a lefty-long shooter. I noticed the inverted in the second half and used Austin Stewart a lot in that DeMaio role with his lefty shot.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I thought it was the under-rated Hens D that caused the
bad day for DeMaio,

he’s a guy that you can muscle up on,
and that is what the Hens D did,

also maybe the Hens best game at midfield D.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:43 pm I thought it was the under-rated Hens D that caused the
bad day for DeMaio,

he’s a guy that you can muscle up on,
and that is what the Hens D did,

also maybe the Hens best game at midfield D.
Their zone defense was solid. But not sure I agree with the DeMaio comment. He just missed shots and the cage. He's all or nothing at times. If it was the Delaware defense, I don't think he would have been benched if it was all the Blue Hens' defense. Several in front of the cage. Just missed the cage. He's had several games like that this year and ones where he has been sensational. He has 25 goals on 124 shots. That's 20%. Avanzato is around 32% and Shilling is at 52%. I think I also underrated Brody McLean's loss. The physical Canadian lefty who had 27 goals in a bad year, but shot 39%.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Delaware Goalie played well. Towson had to many shots from 15 yards. First five min, I thought would be a blowout. I must say, the crowd was great. Fans were passionate to say the least. Tensions where high. Teams almost fighting. At end of day Delaware gets W. Man nothing better than CAA. Thought Refs did lost game.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”