Facegram & Instabook

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Facegram & Instabook

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:14 am Elon Musk makes offer to purchase Twitter.
His offer is likely to have to be accepted, given the premium, though it may get pushed higher.

He'll need to fund it, but it's likely that banks will lend him the dough...but he'll need to pledge his other securities in order to do so....and it's not that likely that Twitter's cash flow will be able to support the debt payments.

It's a false presumption that it will increase revenue to allow Alex Jones and Donald Trump and Vlad Putin or whoever on the platform, in a "free speech" excuse, any false propaganda or false advertising goes, regardless of how harmful, nothing to be banned....nope, not gonna increase revenue.(or even usage)

All that will do is force governments all over the world to step in to regulate. It's not as if Twitter will be allowed to operate entirely freely in Russia, China, Iran...and the EU and US will be forced to follow suit as well...meaning that, here in the US, Section 230 will be over. Meaning that the major platforms will now be directly liable for the harm their user's posts create. Huge liabilities, endless liabilities.

He could drastically cut expenses, but that could well mean the company's death spiral.

My own hunch is that he'll ultimately balk...but it's sure to be interesting.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:14 am Elon Musk makes offer to purchase Twitter.

The left, predictably, is melting down today, angry someone with money (Musk) embraces free speech. Robert Reich, Max Boot: the entire clown car is making the *interesting* argument that ‘more speech is authoritarian’ 🤡 😂

Twitter just yesterday suspended Libs of Tik Tok, who all they do is post videos made by lunatic liberal teachers (the woman who runs Libs of tik tok doesn’t even make their own videos!…it’s all from other parties -Libs - whose videos are cheered by other liberals on every platform!…the Twitter Libs were angry that someone was both mocking and exposing the lunacy!). This was one of Musk’s favorite accounts! 😂

So glad Musk is pursuing this. Not sure he’ll get Twitter; I’d think a group of non-free speech Libs like Bezos, Hoffman, Soros etc will offer a few dollars more, but honestly the effort is good enough for me. Plus, force Libs to burn cash on bad businesses.

Hear hear!!! Go Elon!! 🇺🇸
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:02 pm
His offer is likely to have to be accepted, given the premium, though it may get pushed higher.

He'll need to fund it, but it's likely that banks will lend him the dough...but he'll need to pledge his other securities in order to do so....and it's not that likely that Twitter's cash flow will be able to support the debt payments.

It's a false presumption that it will increase revenue to allow Alex Jones and Donald Trump and Vlad Putin or whoever on the platform, in a "free speech" excuse, any false propaganda or false advertising goes, regardless of how harmful, nothing to be banned....nope, not gonna increase revenue.(or even usage)

All that will do is force governments all over the world to step in to regulate. It's not as if Twitter will be allowed to operate entirely freely in Russia, China, Iran...and the EU and US will be forced to follow suit as well...meaning that, here in the US, Section 230 will be over. Meaning that the major platforms will now be directly liable for the harm their user's posts create. Huge liabilities, endless liabilities.

He could drastically cut expenses, but that could well mean the company's death spiral.

I think you are missing the forest, through the trees. It is telling, that all your concerned with is financials. Is it because you called him a jerk, even knowing he has Aspbergers ? ;)

We are in, and will forever more, be in a data driven world. If you yolk the data that Twitter, Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, and lord knows whatever is brewing, you have yourself one helluva goldmine (financially and intellectually) in perpetuity.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:22 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:02 pm

I think you are missing the forest, through the trees. It is telling, that all your concerned with is financials. Is it because you called him a jerk, even knowing he has Aspbergers ? ;)

We are in, and will forever more, be in a data driven world. If you yolk the data that Twitter, Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, and lord knows whatever is brewing, you have yourself one helluva goldmine (financially and intellectually) in perpetuity.
mmm, even more to worry about?
Yes, data is gold, but mining our Twitter behavior in combination with what else you are describing...by a private company untethered to any issues that would otherwise constrain a public entity? Yikes. Yup, gonna invite regulation.

Yeah, he's a jerk and it's not excused by Asperger's...but an extremely talented guy, for sure.

But yeah, the issue is ability to pay the price tag...unless he wants to sell other assets, he simply doesn't have the cash for this bid without massive debt. And debt has a cost that needs to be covered...so, yeah, the financials need to work, and the timelines can't be the long term plays he's able to do with his unleveragd equity situations.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Don't know about others but having someone very rich, impulsive and somewhat unstable at times making the rules about free speech seems like asking for trouble.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:02 pm Don't know about others but having someone very rich, impulsive and somewhat unstable at times making the rules about free speech seems like asking for trouble.

Are you worried about Jeff Bezos owning The Washington Post?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:02 pm Don't know about others but having someone very rich, impulsive and somewhat unstable at times making the rules about free speech seems like asking for trouble.
... for sure. I am not sure it needs to be worried about. He is playing a game.

A lot of WS folks aren't taking this seriously. Think he is just running up the price so he can dump what he already owns. Just one more well off outlaw.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:13 pm

A lot of WS folks aren't taking this seriously. Think he is just running up the price so he can dump what he already owns. Just one more well off outlaw.

Hard disagree. Musk doesn’t need any profit.

Morgan Stanley says the deal is funded.

Free speech, here we come!!! (Libs apoplectic)
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:18 pm The left, predictably, is melting down today, angry someone with money (Musk) embraces free speech.
So you think that Musk isn't going to censor Twitter? No policies, no rules....total free for all? :D

Wanna put a couple grand on that? Doesn't sound like he's going to acquire it anyway.

He's gonna run twitter by his own rules. That's not "Free Speech". That's "Speech according to Musk's rules".

Which I'm all for, btw. The owner gets to decide how the business is run.

Or at least that's how it used to be, until Pete and his commie friends showed up, demanding that companies do what HE demands.

Free Speech, Pete, is letting a company publish what they want. Let me know when you want to let me run your companies PR, comrade.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

To be clear, the Washington Post does not have Section 230 protection.

Twitter eventually won't either, if they knowingly and recklessly publish information that causes damage to others and claim a policy of doing so...
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Yep. Vintage Musk. :oops: :oops:

If Musk really cared about democracy he’d buy Fox News and shut it down. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:40 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:18 pm The left, predictably, is melting down today, angry someone with money (Musk) embraces free speech.
So you think that Musk isn't going to censor Twitter? No policies, no rules....total free for all? :D

Wanna put a couple grand on that? Doesn't sound like he's going to acquire it anyway.

He's gonna run twitter by his own rules. That's not "Free Speech". That's "Speech according to Musk's rules".

Which I'm all for, btw. The owner gets to decide how the business is run.

Or at least that's how it used to be, until Pete and his commie friends showed up, demanding that companies do what HE demands.

Free Speech, Pete, is letting a company publish what they want. Let me know when you want to let me run your companies PR, comrade.

Elon sure does cause teeth-gnashing from our friends!

Loving every second of this today. I apologize in advance for the schadenfreude, but speech is a real Jones of mine and we know the left dislikes opposing thoughts. :lol: :lol:

I rarely gloat but I think it’s fair to gloat today about this one issue.

Elon is the greatest.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:54 pm Elon sure does cause teeth-gnashing from our friends!
Sure does! I can't believe how upset I am, Pete. Boy. You HAVE to be happy about this.
old salt

Post by old salt »

How will afan get his daily news feed from AOC ? :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:30 pm How will afan get his daily news feed from AOC ? :lol:
Well according to Pete, Musk is gonna stop twitter's censoring of AOC, so....exciting times!!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:33 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:30 pm How will afan get his daily news feed from AOC ? :lol:
Well according to Pete, Musk is gonna stop twitter's censoring of AOC, so....exciting times!!

This was a good answer! Sometimes you can hear the humor/sarcasm :lol: :lol:

Only total lunatics will be tossed, and I ashamedly admit most of those will be from the far far right.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan and AOC….hmmmm
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:48 pm

If Musk really cared about democracy he’d buy Fox News and shut it down. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: ... let's not attribute to Musk something he clearly has no concern for -- democracy.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:27 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:48 pm

:lol: ... let's not attribute to Musk something he clearly has no concern for -- democracy.

What a day. I’ve told all of you that Democrats hate free speech. Today, they’ve proved it over and over. Go Elon!!!!!! 🇺🇸

E5B9CC72-A7F9-416D-8498-D1C392346585.jpeg
E5B9CC72-A7F9-416D-8498-D1C392346585.jpeg (237.67 KiB) Viewed 576 times

8839BF9C-ECA0-4B21-A989-9820A516035C.jpeg
8839BF9C-ECA0-4B21-A989-9820A516035C.jpeg (154.64 KiB) Viewed 576 times

5D4AFD50-B525-49C0-B4F0-A320D69F23A1.jpeg
5D4AFD50-B525-49C0-B4F0-A320D69F23A1.jpeg (189.56 KiB) Viewed 576 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:06 pm What a day. I’ve told all of you that Democrats hate free speech. Today, they’ve proved it over and over. Go Elon!!!!!! 🇺🇸
I'm surprised that your band of toddlers can use a keyboard.

Here's what Musk said today: “I don't know if I have all the answers here, but I do think that we want to be just very reluctant to delete things and just be very cautious with permanent bans,” Musk said during an on-stage interview at the TED conference on Thursday, April 14. “Time-outs, I think, are better than permanent bans.”

So if he's in charge, he's STILL going to delete posts, ban users, and hand out user suspensions for posts.... just as they always have.

Your band of toddlers are just utter morons, Pete. :lol:

Got any more breaking news for us today, Pete?

Return to “POLITICS”