Notre Dame About to Encounter Trial by Fire

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxnut

Notre Dame About to Encounter Trial by Fire

Post by wlaxnut »

Notre Dame entered the top 10 in some polls this week. That ranking will be severely tested in their next three games. Starting this Sunday, they travel to Syracuse to meet #4 Orange, next they are back home to host the #3 Tar Heels of North Carolina. Then they’ll be “shipping up to Boston” to meet the #1 BC Eagles. I can’t see them coming up with a win in any of those three games, but who knows, they may be better than they are assumed to be.

I’m doubting it. I think they’ll go 0-3.
DMac

Re: Notre Dame About to Encounter Trial by Fire

Post by DMac »

The Irish will be meeting the Orange outside at CHRISTIAN BROTHERS ACADEMY due to the women's ACC hoops tourney being played in the Dome...gotta pretty much consider that a neutral site.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxnut wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:55 am I’m doubting it. I think they’ll go 0-3.
Me too.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DMac wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:57 pm The Irish will be meeting the Orange outside at CHRISTIAN BROTHERS ACADEMY due to the women's ACC hoops tourney being played in the Dome...gotta pretty much consider that a neutral site.
Yeah—it’s a drag too because no TV or webcast because of the change in venue.

Correction: The game is listed as being televised on Sunday at noon on the ACC Network on WatchESPN--so that's good.
Last edited by wlaxnut on Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I think they have a chance against Syracuse, because of the change in venue, and because Syracuse is the least of those three teams. I will not choose against the Orange, or my buddy from Liverpool will be unhappy with me. But Cuse will have to play well.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:00 pm I think they have a chance against Syracuse, because of the change in venue, and because Syracuse is the least of those three teams. I will not choose against the Orange, or my buddy from Liverpool will be unhappy with me. But Cuse will have to play well.
Agreed. If Syracuse holds form, they should win fairly easily. But if they’re inconsistent and do poorly in the draw circle and/or turn the ball over—they’ll be in trouble. (Stating the obvious.)
DMac

Post by DMac »

Weather conditions are shaky for this one: https://www.google.org/publicalerts/ale ... e=wweather
(Cuse is in Onondaga County for those who might not know....where hickory trees grow, the Creator gave us his game, and wooden sticks are still made.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSoR9oGGpOc
Have many hours in that shop BSing with Alfie, he's a mighty special human being.
(The cat's name is Obama.)
Nay, nay, Mr. sc, I wouldn't be upset, I absolutely trust your observations and knowledge of these teams. I don't think I've seen the Irish gals play so I have no idea what to expect. I do know that Cuse looks pretty darn good to me pretty much all over the field. Got an awful lot of good stick handlers who can move the ball nicely (and quickly) as well as a number of really good shooters. Cuse is a handful, we'll see if the Irish can handle that crew, they can be pretty darn intense (got a lot of speed too).
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"I don't think I've seen the Irish gals play so I have no idea what to expect."

DMac, watch the replay of the UVA-Notre Dame game:

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?catego ... 6bb45cbcc3

Watch it now, because home sweet home looks, umm, inclement...

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/13088:4:US
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks, sc, was able to find it on my TV, got it on now. Nice sunny day, pretty nice conditions for a game.

1st observation is, Aldave's red hair looks very nice in the bright sun.
2nd oservation is there's a lot of speed on both of these teams, both GKs starting out hot with a couple of nice saves too.

Yup, the FPS makes me absolutely. Howe goes down with an injury, has to come out of the game. Coach has to send in another player to take the FPS. She has an absolutely wide open lane from dead center FPS position and turns and passes the ball out. I DON"T GET IT!!!!!!!!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes sir, that's a pretty darn good looking team. Talented girls all over the field with plenty who can take it to the cage. Not many TOs and mighty efficient on clears. This could have been a much higher scoring game, both GKs had several impressive saves. Cuse is definitely going to have to bring their A game when they meet the Irish gals.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, unfortunately the weather people weren't wrong, that CBA field is covered with a few inches of snow this morning. Predicted temps of upper 20s with 20+mph winds for game time. Not an ideal day for a wlax game. If it's possible I'd rather see them postpone this one and play it on a more spring like day, this isn't good for anyone.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:07 am Well, unfortunately the weather people weren't wrong, that CBA field is covered with a few inches of snow this morning. Predicted temps of upper 20s with 20+mph winds for game time. Not an ideal day for a wlax game. If it's possible I'd rather see them postpone this one and play it on a more spring like day, this isn't good for anyone.
They'll be playing this game tomorrow (Sunday the 24th).
That should hopefully give the grounds crew time to get the field ready.
It's due to be broadcast via the ACC Network on WatchESPN at noon.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh wow, thanks, wlax, didn't realize it's a Sunday game thought it was today.
Whole new ball game, big turn around in the weather, high in the 50s and sunny (predicted).
Welcome to CNY.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 am Oh wow, thanks, wlax, didn't realize it's a Sunday game thought it was today.
Whole new ball game, big turn around in the weather, high in the 50s and sunny (predicted).
Welcome to CNY.
You are most welcome, DMac. The game was originally scheduled for today, but was moved to tomorrow in light of the impending inclement weather. Very much looking forward to seeing this premier ACC matchup.
DMac

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:00 pm I think they have a chance against Syracuse, because of the change in venue, and because Syracuse is the least of those three teams. I will not choose against the Orange, or my buddy from Liverpool will be unhappy with me. But Cuse will have to play well.
Looks as if you made the right choice there, eh, sc?
Wow!!
Saw the first quarter or so, was afraid to see what the final was.
Those Cuse girls are tough, lot of good players on that team.
Francophile

Post by Francophile »

Cuse played the best half of lacrosse all year in the second half vs ND. Outscored them 5 - 1, won more than 50% of draw controls, shut them down on defense. Very impressive.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Syracuse University Lacrosse appears to be the best value in sports this weekend.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Francophile wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:02 pm Cuse played the best half of lacrosse all year in the second half vs ND. Outscored them 5 - 1, won more than 50% of draw controls, shut them down on defense. Very impressive.
Watched the rest of this, Cuse gals definitely made it tough for the ND gals in the 2nd half. Pretty good D move by the Godfather too. Cuse did have some TOs and ND had some chances but Goldstock and the D held 'em off. Darn good comeback by the Orange gals.
Had an extra nice little touch with Ms. Downunda calling the game too, that gal does a real nice job.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”