Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Boston College

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:26 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:25 pm Does the older Hasselbeck see the field at all this year?
Precious little.
Weird. She saw a lot of time last year, and the midfield ranks haven’t changed much (save for Agostini coming in and one of the Weekses getting hurt).
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:31 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:25 pm Does the older Hasselbeck see the field at all this year?
Precious little.
Weird. She saw a lot of time last year, and the midfield ranks haven’t changed much (save for Agostini coming in and one of the Weekses getting hurt).
I have nothing to base this on other than a hunch, but perhaps she sees a lot more time next year. In a sense, it will be a much different team without North.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Precious little.
Wasn’t Agostino the top recruit for them ?
Side note..9-1 BC over Harvard. Almost End of 3rd quarter…do they leave North in so she can score a goal or let subs in. Harvard goalie pretty good. Saw her make some good saves.
Yep..15-1 and north still out there . Amazing
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:13 pm
Precious little.
Side note..9-1 BC over Harvard. Almost End of 3rd quarter…do they leave North in so she can score a goal or let subs in. Harvard goalie pretty good. Saw her make some good saves.
BC has 26 players on their roster who aren't goaltenders or out injured. Of those 26, 22 got playing time today. Charlotte North had 1 goal.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:37 pm
Precious little.
BC has 26 players on their roster who aren't goaltenders or out injured. Of those 26, 22 got playing time today. Charlotte North had 1 goal.
But why is she still playing with 5 minutes to go in the game when it’s like 15-1? And still taking draw ? They better hope she doesn’t get hurt . Not sure why BC is so resistant to having someone else take draws in a blow out …oh that’s right …stats
Medgid too shooting til the end ….maybe set up another player …
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:55 pm
Precious little.
But why is she still playing with 5 minutes to go in the game when it’s like 15-1? And still taking draw ? They better hope she doesn’t get hurt . Not sure why BC is so resistant to having someone else take draws in a blow out …oh that’s right …stats
I don’t know. I’ve never coached. I have no idea of all the factors and considerations that go into a coach’s decision as to who plays and for how long and when, etc. Who’s your team by the way?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:16 pm
Precious little.
I don’t know. I’ve never coached. I have no idea of all the factors and considerations that go into a coach’s decision as to who plays and for how long and when, etc. Who’s your team by the way?
at this point im more about certain players than specific teams
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:31 pm at this point im more about certain players than specific teams
Which ones?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Precious little.
This isn't ubique to BC. You watch the Cuse game tonight? #8 took all but 2 draws in that game, the final was 20-9. I've watched the mlaxers work their FOGOs like rented mules for years, weather up by 10 or down by 10. I don't get it but that seems to be what they do. Can't pick on only BC and CN for this.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Gee, I wonder how much credit Rachel Hall will get for allowing only one goal to Harvard on the road yesterday. Does that save percentage meet the standard?

Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DMac wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:26 pm
Precious little.
This isn't ubique to BC. You watch the Cuse game tonight? #8 took all but 2 draws in that game, the final was 20-9. I've watched the mlaxers work their FOGOs like rented mules for years, weather up by 10 or down by 10. I don't get it but that seems to be what they do. Can't pick on only BC and CN for this.
I guess…I guess seeing that 15-1 score it seemed like over-kill.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Precious little.
I think part of the answer may be that every game, every possession is a rep. Rarely do teams just put a random selection of players on the field and let them run. There is a very structured hierarchy to players/line-ups that may be called upon in any given situation, in any game, and the subbing patterns tend to reflect this. Plus, this is how teams practice. Rarely do you see a "bench-clearing" like you do in high school. That said, it is hard to watch an out-gunned team struggle against a far superior opponent and these blow out games absolutely skew stats.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Question for BC fans--was there a recent game (Harvard or Notre Dame) where Mallory Hasselbeck dove to reach a ball going out of bounds? I'd like to go back and have a look if anyone recalls which game that occurred in and at roughly which point. Thanks in advance!
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:22 am
Precious little.
I think part of the answer may be that every game, every possession is a rep. Rarely do teams just put a random selection of players on the field and let them run. There is a very structured hierarchy to players/line-ups that may be called upon in any given situation, in any game, and the subbing patterns tend to reflect this. Plus, this is how teams practice. Rarely do you see a "bench-clearing" like you do in high school. That said, it is hard to watch an out-gunned team struggle against a far superior opponent and these blow out games absolutely skew stats.
As a coach, I would always want to get my bench players into as many games as possible without jeopardizing the outcome of the game. As an example, I always started all of my seniors on senior day regardless of who we were playing. I would then sub based on the game itself.

It's my belief that you need to reward all of your players with playing time when you can. The 2nd and 3rd stringers work just as hard in the weight room and on the field so they should be valued and given opportunities when they present themselves. Also - I would not have my starters continue to score late in a game, that is the time for new players to score their first goals of the season or first goals of their career. The further you go into May, the more you will need your bench.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Annabelle and Mallory Hasselbeck on Packer & Durham

If you didn't get a chance to see this when it aired earlier this week, I guarantee it is a 13 minutes well spent. The winsome and exemplary Hasselbeck sisters are a delight to watch. Apart from the glaringly asinine and irresponsible question asked by Mark Packer about midway through, this is a fantastic and enjoyable interview with a few good chuckles along the way including a great anecdote involving their dad, former NFL quarterback Matt.

Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

The thing BC is missing is the triple threats they have had in the past. Multiple super stars aren’t there. It’s disappointing to see them dropping so quickly to 3rd in the conference.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Disagree. Almost the identical team as last year with a better defense. Have about 6 AA's with 3 on offensive side of field. Comes down to goalie play for BC.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Essexfenwick wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:34 pm The thing BC is missing is the triple threats they have had in the past. Multiple super stars aren’t there. It’s disappointing to see them dropping so quickly to 3rd in the conference.
4th if they lose to Syracuse on Friday.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax101 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:56 pm Disagree. Almost the identical team as last year with a better defense. Have about 6 AA's with 3 on offensive side of field. Comes down to goalie play for BC.
Yep—goalie play was rough today.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Lax101 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:56 pm Disagree. Almost the identical team as last year with a better defense. Have about 6 AA's with 3 on offensive side of field. Comes down to goalie play for BC.
Not as good as Arsenault, Kent and Apuzzo.

Big drop off.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”