Ivy League 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jrn19

Re: Ivy League 2022

Post by jrn19 »

This is literally the line in Quint's piece: "The Big Red used a 9-0 surge to dispatch Harvard 17-9 in front of 385 fans in Ithaca."

Not sure what the shot is there. It's literally a statement of fact. There were 385 fans at the game. No one is saying Cornell doesn't have passionate fans or history or tradition. Just how many people were at the game. Which is all he said. Not everything is a slight.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:40 pm I really don't care what QK says about the Kopf and Ithaca, if Cornell finishes 1st and hosts. If this happens, tell Quint that we will have a great time here in Ithaca while he spends time in front of his computer writing garbage about Cornell and Ithaca. If he does by some miracle make it to our great town, and tries to make a reservation at our incredible restaurant, the BOAT YARD GRILL, that they tell him "Sorry Quint, we are all full but the McDonald's on The Elmira road has plenty of room.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Think I’d still rather chill here, https://www.simeonsithaca.com/, than the Boat Yard Grill. No problem w the latter but it always struck me as pretty basic good in a good waterfront location. Boat Yard is closer
If you’re hitting a show at Hangar later.

Or 2am at DP Dough…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:59 pm
faircornell wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:45 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:40 pm I really don't care what QK says about the Kopf and Ithaca. If Cornell finishes 1st and hosts. If this happens, tell Quint that we will have a great time here in Ithaca while he spends time in front of his computer writing garbage about Cornell and Ithaca. If he does by some miracle make it to our great town, and tries to make a reservation at our incredible restaurant, the BOAT YARD GRILL, that they tell him "Sorry Quint, we are all full but the McDonald's on The Elmira road has plenty of room.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I have the impression that he's trying to get attention for himself on his new platform.
Unprofessional to take shots at a community and great institution with one of the best Lax programs in the country. We proudly support our institution and our wonderful lax team, and QK and any of his immature shots against us will only make us a stronger community, especially the Cornell Lax community.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Have you heard of the Kardashian mom (Kris Jenner) or Sharon Osborne? Culture is all about selling everything and everyone out to create your own brand these days.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Ox77

Post by Ox77 »

Gutsy win by Cornell, and a big win for the Ivy League overall.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Yes,
the Ivies are in the driver’s seat.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:40 pm I really don't care what QK says about the Kopf and Ithaca, if Cornell finishes 1st and hosts. If this happens, tell Quint that we will have a great time here in Ithaca while he spends time in front of his computer writing garbage about Cornell and Ithaca. If he does by some miracle make it to our great town, and tries to make a reservation at our incredible restaurant, the BOAT YARD GRILL, that they tell him "Sorry Quint, we are all full but the McDonald's on The Elmira road has plenty of room.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Come on joewillie - you know the Boatyard does not take reservations.......I prefer Antlers myself (or Mahogany Grill).
random observer

Post by random observer »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:23 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:40 pm I really don't care what QK says about the Kopf and Ithaca. If Cornell finishes 1st and hosts. If this happens, tell Quint that we will have a great time here in Ithaca while he spends time in front of his computer writing garbage about Cornell and Ithaca. If he does by some miracle make it to our great town, and tries to make a reservation at our incredible restaurant, the BOAT YARD GRILL, that they tell him "Sorry Quint, we are all full but the McDonald's on The Elmira road has plenty of room.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I have the impression that he's trying to get attention for himself on his new platform.
Unprofessional to take shots at a community and great institution with one of the best Lax programs in the country. We proudly support our institution and our wonderful lax team, and QK and any of his immature shots against us will only make us a stronger community, especially the Cornell Lax community.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Have you heard of the Kardashian mom (Kris Jenner) or Sharon Osborne? Culture is all about selling everything and everyone out to create your own brand these days.
I swear Quint could say the most kind, eloquent thing and the people on these boards would find still issue with it. I get that he's a bit of a know-it-all type who rubs people the wrong way, but jrn19 is right here.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Chousnake wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:24 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Come on joewillie - you know the Boatyard does not take reservations.......I prefer Antlers myself (or Mahogany Grill).
The Antlers Sunday Brunch is amazing.

Yeah, I know but it's our top restaurant and seemed like a perfect metaphor for my rant against QK.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

random observer wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:29 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I swear Quint could say the most kind, eloquent thing and the people on these boards would find still issue with it. I get that he's a bit of a know-it-all type who rubs people the wrong way, but jrn19 is right here.
RO,
Sorry, I guess I overreacted. I love my team and hometown here and I was just being passionate about it. Again, I apologize for getting out of line.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Ox77 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:14 pm Gutsy win by Cornell, and a big win for the Ivy League overall.
More like avoiding a bad loss from the RPI point of view, but I will definitely take it!
random observer

joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:36 pm
random observer wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:29 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
RO,
Sorry, I guess I overreacted. I love my team and hometown here and I was just being passionate about it. Again, I apologize for getting out of line.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Probably unnecessary for me to have even weighed in, but I personally think Quint is a pretty decent analyst (when separated from Cars), and gets too much hate. Your passion is certainly evident and commendable. Hell of a win tonight.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:31 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Yeah, I know but it's our top restaurant and seemed like a perfect metaphor for my rant against QK.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I'm sorry for complaining as well but it has been going on for years. He derides Cornell and the Ivy League any chance he gets. All I hear year after year is how the ACC and Big 10 have more talent, better athletes, etc. He even gives back handed compliments like calling Yale an unusual Ivy League team when they won the Natty a few years ago because they were "athletic" like an ACC team. Just my opinion, but he's not impartial.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

So will the Ivy League teams' RPI go up the rest of the season just for playing conference games, win or lose, like we have seen with the ACC for years? It should. Princeton, Yale, Penn, Cornell, Harvard, and Brown should rise in RPI just for playing each other. And the Ivy League Tournament should move them all to seeded slots like we have seen year after year with the ACC.
random observer

Chousnake wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:47 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:31 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I'm sorry for complaining as well but it has been going on for years. He derides Cornell and the Ivy League any chance he gets. All I hear year after year is how the ACC and Big 10 have more talent, better athletes, etc. He even gives back handed compliments like calling Yale an unusual Ivy League team when they won the Natty a few years ago because they were "athletic" like an ACC team. Just my opinion, but he's not impartial.
But I think that was a fair criticism of a lot of Ivy League teams at the time. For the better part of a decade the only Ivy League team that could consistently match up to the ACC teams physically was Cornell, with guys like Pannell, Seibald, and Lang who were absolute horses.

Recruiting has elevated across the league and now they are often out recruiting their ACC/B1G brethren outright. He made note in 2019 of both Yale and Penn being bigger and more athletic than they used to be, and he hasn't really used that talking point since.

And as for Cornell, some bemoaned his commentary about Cornell being thin particularly at the midfield, and that being a potential concern for a title run where they will have to play two games in three days, and again I thought he was on the money; you could see that this team didn't have the legs tonight on short rest, but they gutted it out because they're just a flat out better team than Cuse. That won't be the case if they make it to Memorial Day.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Chousnake wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:51 pm So will the Ivy League teams' RPI go up the rest of the season just for playing conference games, win or lose, like we have seen with the ACC for years? It should. Princeton, Yale, Penn, Cornell, Harvard, and Brown should rise in RPI just for playing each other. And the Ivy League Tournament should move them all to seeded slots like we have seen year after year with the ACC.
Unless the committee chooses to interpret the criteria in, shall we say, a creative manner.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

They'll wedge so many Ivies in Maryland's side of the bracket the Ivy League will send a league-dues bill to College Park.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

I'll say it again that The 1st so called "game of the year" was Maryland vs Virginia BUT with the way the Ivies are lining up , that the game April 30th in Princeton NJ between Cornell and Princeton is shaping up to be the 2nd Game of the year.

I know both teams have a lot of work to do before that game but as of right now, that game on April 30 looks to be one of the most anticipated Ivy matchups in a long time.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
drunkmonkey30

Post by drunkmonkey30 »

random observer wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:54 pm And as for Cornell, some bemoaned his commentary about Cornell being thin particularly at the midfield, and that being a potential concern for a title run where they will have to play two games in three days, and again I thought he was on the money; you could see that this team didn't have the legs tonight on short rest, but they gutted it out because they're just a flat out better team than Cuse. That won't be the case if they make it to Memorial Day.
Not really a valid comparison. if*(When) Cornell plays on Memorial day, they will be playing against a team that also only had 1 day rest and very limited prep time, not a team on 4 days with time to implement a scouted game plan.
random observer

drunkmonkey30 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:55 am
random observer wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:54 pm And as for Cornell, some bemoaned his commentary about Cornell being thin particularly at the midfield, and that being a potential concern for a title run where they will have to play two games in three days, and again I thought he was on the money; you could see that this team didn't have the legs tonight on short rest, but they gutted it out because they're just a flat out better team than Cuse. That won't be the case if they make it to Memorial Day.
Not really a valid comparison. if*(When) Cornell plays on Memorial day, they will be playing against a team that also only had 1 day rest and very limited prep time, not a team on 4 days with time to implement a scouted game plan.
Fair point. Although I think Maryland, Virginia, or even Yale have more depth to combat a short turnaround.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Everything came from the attack unit on offense largely. The shorties also struggled with Cuse dodging at times, which hasn’t happened with Cuse a lot.

The attack unit is unbelievable, one of the best in the country, could argue for best. The close defense is legit. Ierlan while a tough game last night is legit. But the midfield is a weakness. Not a lot of penetration comes from there and the shorties aren’t as good as the close D. That’s a weakness. Whether it costs them a trip to Memorial Day Weekend probably down to match ups.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”