D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by 10stone5 »

Well there you go, they woke up.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Tucker hasn’t seen a shot he doesn’t like. His last two have likely done them in.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Pork42

Post by Pork42 »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:42 pm Well there you go, they woke up.
Albany rocked them back to sleep. Scrappy game.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

Expected a rebuilding year but ever since they actually played a complete game against Duke this team has mostly looked lost. Losing to a bad Albany team is one thing but 20+ turnovers and 5 offsides in one game??? I know Gary is essentially getting a free pass this first season but really need to start seeing some consistency and better fundamentals.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Another hard-fought effort from the Orange. They certainly never gave up!
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

To a 3-5 team while favored by 5 :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting observation between Cuse and JHU. Both having a tough go after coaching changes from long tenured coaches.

It’s almost like a justification for the change in regime, and all things they left the new staffs?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Post by 1766 »

That's a tough loss to follow up the Notre Dame debacle. I'd have some real concerns about that staff if I were a Syracuse fan. Losing is one thing. Losing with 5 offside penalties, non existent transition defense, and an offense that doesn't appear to have purpose is another.

That wasn't a talent issue loss.
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

jrn19 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:37 pm Another hard-fought effort from the Orange. They certainly never gave up!
You are one of the leaders of a supposedly impartial college lacrosse media source. Do you really need to be here insulting the orange?
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

A few stats that pop out. Gavin in 3 of 4 games out of the Dome his save percentage is aprox 37%. That is rough. He was 44% vs Albany, and was 20% vs ND. Curry has a 19% shooting %. And his shots on goal is at 39% . Whatttt ! He is one player but he has taken 100 shots.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Joke is insulting Carc and other commentators who’s analysis of Syracuse seems to be “look how hard they’re playing! They’re working so hard and never giving up!” as opposed to actually analyzing the team and honestly looking at how the team is playing.

Making the tournament woulda been a bonus after the Hiltz injury considering it’s an extremely thin roster. But this is one of the worst Albany teams in years and they trailed start to finish, coming off a 15 goal loss. Clearly the team isn’t getting better and there have been minimal to no improvements throughout the season.
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

jrn19 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:54 am Joke is insulting Carc and other commentators who’s analysis of Syracuse seems to be “look how hard they’re playing! They’re working so hard and never giving up!” as opposed to actually analyzing the team and honestly looking at how the team is playing.

Making the tournament woulda been a bonus after the Hiltz injury considering it’s an extremely thin roster. But this is one of the worst Albany teams in years and they trailed start to finish, coming off a 15 goal loss. Clearly the team isn’t getting better and there have been minimal to no improvements throughout the season.
Wish you just said that in the first place. They are blowing it this year and is it really that surprising when it is the same players who struggled like crazy last year minus some crucial ones like Dearth Rehfuss and Hiltz? Then you add that it's a new staff in year one coaching players they did not recruit and players adjusting to a new system. I did not think it would be quite this bad but it's not a complete shocker. Just wish more people would give the team time rather than pointing and laughing. There have been flashes, and they may surprise with some of these late season results, similar to hop last year.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Antonio114 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:57 am
jrn19 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:54 am Joke is insulting Carc and other commentators who’s analysis of Syracuse seems to be “look how hard they’re playing! They’re working so hard and never giving up!” as opposed to actually analyzing the team and honestly looking at how the team is playing.

Wish you just said that in the first place. They are blowing it this year and is it really that surprising when it is the same players who struggled like crazy last year minus some crucial ones like Dearth Rehfuss and Hiltz? Then you add that it's a new staff in year one coaching players they did not recruit and players adjusting to a new system. I did not think it would be quite this bad but it's not a complete shocker. Just wish more people would give the team time rather than pointing and laughing. There have been flashes, and they may surprise with some of these late season results, similar to hop last year.
I mean, it’s one of the biggest programs and brands in the entire sport having a bad season after tons of preseason ink published over new Coach and a new era and attention was paid to them; then when one or two pollsters left them out of their Top 20 the alums were screaming about how bad that would look later in the season.

People making jokes is just the nature of the beast. Get the big plaudits when you’re on top, get the criticism when you’re down low.
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

jrn19 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:30 am
Antonio114 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:57 am

I mean, it’s one of the biggest programs and brands in the entire sport having a bad season after tons of preseason ink published over new Coach and a new era and attention was paid to them; then when one or two pollsters left them out of their Top 20 the alums were screaming about how bad that would look later in the season.

People making jokes is just the nature of the beast. Get the big plaudits when you’re on top, get the criticism when you’re down low.
Passionate alums are going to passionate alum. And twitter jerks are going to act like twitter jerks. Just expected a little better from you as a guy running a lax media outlet. Think it's better to ditch the one liners and actually analyze.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Loyalty commendable but Dordevic and Kennedy should have moved on to a contending team in the offseason.
Jwoods371

Post by Jwoods371 »

If and when Cuse loses out? We have to sort out these two big egos at head coach. Doesn't seem to be working very well, can some please tell gait to stop wearing a suit this isn't college basketball.

Post by 1766 »

Basketball coaches don't even wear them anymore. It's cheesy.

Dordevic has another year. Maybe he does hit the portal? He would be much more productive in an offense that Rutgers runs.
sinman6

Post by sinman6 »

I'm not sure what people expected from Syracuse this year. New coaching staff + huge question marks at defense and goalie don't create great conditions for success. at least the goalie situation has improved, and the offense is playing well. The albany loss is bad, but all in all, I would say that syracuse is performing as expected right now.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

sinman6 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:16 pm I'm not sure what people expected from Syracuse this year. New coaching staff + huge question marks at defense and goalie don't create great conditions for success. at least the goalie situation has improved, and the offense is playing well. The albany loss is bad, but all in all, I would say that syracuse is performing as expected right now.
Boy, I don't know. I always expect the Orange to be a brutal out for anyone, and always expect them to make the Dance.

I know the Big Reds game Monday night in the Dome will be a brutally tough test for Cornell, as Syracuse will come out on fire after 2 tough losses.

I hate talking about the Monday game BEFORE an incredibly important Ivy league test against a great Harvard team.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”