Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by HopFan16 »

1766 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:01 pm Baltimore is very dangerous. It's starting to reach absurd levels of violence. The degradation of that city is very noticeable. Guilford at one time was a wonderful place. Now stick ups are happening on the reg.

There is nothing quaint or charming about Baltimore anymore. It's a lost city.
baltimore >>>>>>>> new brunswick

making stuff up like this isn't going to help rutgers recruiting. enjoy your transfers now, see you in a couple years when you can't rely on the portal anymore and actually have to go back to recruiting kids out of high school. my guess is you won't post as often then just like how you were basically nowhere to be found until very recently.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:14 pm
1766 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:01 pm Baltimore is very dangerous. It's starting to reach absurd levels of violence. The degradation of that city is very noticeable. Guilford at one time was a wonderful place. Now stick ups are happening on the reg.

Living in Mercer County, New Jersey.....I was against public funding to build New Brunswick's brand new NFL stadium, as it was a state wide bond vote.

They were going to change the name to the TRASHERS, but some guy up in Conneticutt bought his kid a hockey team and they named it that. The guy was trash guy, the owner. Waterbury or that other city off of 84
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Have been in Baltimore plenty of times over the last few years, somehow never once been carjacked or robbed or shot. My sister took her kids to the aquarium the other day, and they were violently abducted by a drug addict and kill-oh no they took pictures and had a great time and then went home.

As always, people love to parrot tv news talking points and their preferred media outlets takes about a city they’ve never been in, and fire off internet takes from their home hundreds of miles away
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Danbury......suggest you watch the documentary on it. It is hilarious....and truth IS always strange. Legend the Soprano's was based on this real life guy
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Game Notes are out. Epstein still listed as key personnel. This must mean he will be back on the field to some of you who live and die with the weekly notes.

Interesting that the two Jays with the biggest NIL deals have underperformed (to be kind) this season. I haven’t looked at the rest of the STX team or Lacrosse Unlimited athletes but would be interesting to see how performance has potentially been impacted by collecting a check. Hype is a helluva drug if not tempered and managed.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:20 pm

Living in Mercer County, New Jersey.....I was against public funding to build New Brunswick's brand new NFL stadium, as it was a state wide bond vote.

They were going to change the name to the TRASHERS, but some guy up in Conneticutt bought his kid a hockey team and they named it that. The guy was trash guy, the owner. Waterbury or that other city off of 84
There was a great Netflix Doc about it, that kid had some life in high school!!

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

flalax22 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:59 pm Game Notes are out. Epstein still listed as key personnel. This must mean he will be back on the field to some of you who live and die with the weekly notes.

Interesting that the two Jays with the biggest NIL deals have underperformed (to be kind) this season. I haven’t looked at the rest of the STX team or Lacrosse Unlimited athletes but would be interesting to see how performance has potentially been impacted by collecting a check. Hype is a helluva drug if not tempered and managed.
I think NIL is kind of silly. A band aid that doesn’t address the problem. Anyway, being good should be the first priority.
“I wish you would!”
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Questions for Saturday:

1) Will there be more line-up changes?
2) Will Epstein see the field?
3) Do the Jays have a chance?
4) Will the season be over by halftime?
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

flalax22 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:59 pm Game Notes are out. Epstein still listed as key personnel. This must mean he will be back on the field to some of you who live and die with the weekly notes.

It's really just me that reads them. Don't have a problem with you noting that.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:52 am Questions for Saturday:

1. No but there should be
2. Man up only
3. No
4. Season was over with losses to Navy and Delaware
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:00 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:20 pm

There was a great Netflix Doc about it, that kid had some life in high school!!

Joe
That documentary was pretty crazy. Highly recommend.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:52 am Questions for Saturday:

Are these Magic 8 Ball questions?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I cant believe I'm patting the Hop contingent on the back...
But there is a lot of lax left to play. Crazy things can and will happen.
Some top teams are about to hit some tough parts of their schedule. Lots of big matchups still left. And Conference tourneys will provide some surprises.
Keep competing. You never know.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Conference tournament offers a second opportunity, however unlikely given Maryland's dominance. Focus should be on improving until then so they're playing at their best when it rolls around. They appeared to understand that last year, we'll see if they can do it again.

The Horseshoe has not historically been a place where we (or anyone, really) has played well at. Last year's game in Columbus was quite close however, stats were nearly identical. Difference was OSU had 2 EMO opportunities and converted on both of them.

The Buckeyes dominated PSU last week but looked pretty bad against Rutgers the week before. Narewski finally getting healthy and looking more like himself at the right time with OSU's Inacio up next.

Post by 1766 »

I can't speak to the Maryland game but in the game with Rutgers Hopkins had two big producers on O. Peshko who doesn't appear to be playing as well and some little guy who I believe transferred to Villanova.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

1766 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:56 pm I can't speak to the Maryland game but in the game with Rutgers Hopkins had two big producers on O. Peshko who doesn't appear to be playing as well and some little guy who I believe transferred to Villanova.
“Little guy”? The politically correct term in this forum is “smurf”
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

Denver went out to the shoe and beat them. I’d bet Hop has a chance
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

flalax22 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:42 pm
1766 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:56 pm I can't speak to the Maryland game but in the game with Rutgers Hopkins had two big producers on O. Peshko who doesn't appear to be playing as well and some little guy who I believe transferred to Villanova.
We have smurfs who get abused. UNC has water bugs that we cannot cover.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

If we weren't in the big ten it would be the coaching staffs obligation right now to bench the grad students and anyone else not in their plans for next year. Because there's still a faint chance they have a combination of trying to compete for that bid while also seeing whether kids down the depth chart can compete for jobs next year. You also wonder whether the current staff takes the same approach next fall in welcoming so many grad students back having seen them struggle the last two years or if we see a more traditional roster. Lot of careers to be decided the next 4 weeks.

Post by 1766 »

flalax22 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:42 pm
Got it. Apologies to the smurfs.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”