VIRGINIA Lacrosse

D1 Mens Lacrosse
rasheed

Re: VIRGINIA Lacrosse

Post by rasheed »

Pretty good job today guys...moving in the right direction.
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

rasheed wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 pm Pretty good job today guys...moving in the right direction.
It's always a big win when you beat JHU.

Now that this weekend is over, I can go back to wearing my most expensive hat and t-shirt. 8-)
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

One more and we'll finally get off the schneid. Syracuse,Notre Dame and today, JHU. Bring on the DOOKIES. One more guys!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Congrats on the W, love when we do not need to hear the JHU band as much. Hoping to make it to UVA this Friday evening for the night game vs Spiders.

On a side note I didnt know Bradley Cooper played for UVA and wore 22. :lol: Doppelganger.

Bradley Cooper
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:33 pm One more and we'll finally get off the schneid. Syracuse,Notre Dame and today, JHU. Bring on the DOOKIES. One more guys!
He didn't have as many draw wins as the Hop face off man but what a weapon Lasalla is! You called it on him early! Virginia doesn't appear to have that breakout 1st year/freshman phenom player like an Epstein, statistically, but they are getting contributions all over the field from multiple members of their 1st year class. It really points to a bright future for the program.Several have supplanted more experienced upperclassmen for playing time along the way. The latest is Xander Dickson. I couldn't tell from the broadcast whether we were running him out of the midfield and inverting him or he was just playing attack. He has made some nice plays in the last couple of games and his role seems to be increasing.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Conrad DOES look like Bradley Cooper.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:48 am Conrad DOES look like Bradley Cooper.
He does. One of my favorite players in college lacrosse.
“I wish you would!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:56 pm
Trinity wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:48 am Conrad DOES look like Bradley Cooper.
He does. One of my favorite players in college lacrosse.
Good things happen when he's on the field.A "do it all" leader. He's going to leave a void next year.Who'll step up?
molo

Post by molo »

Assuming he continues producing at the same level, Aiken is sure to repeat as a first team AA. The current practice is to pick for offensive middies, a FOGO. a dm, and a lsm on the first team. Does Conrad also get one of the four first team spots, or is he second or third team because some other offensive middies will have more points?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

molo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:55 pm Assuming he continues producing at the same level, Aiken is sure to repeat as a first team AA. The current practice is to pick for offensive middies, a FOGO. a dm, and a lsm on the first team. Does Conrad also get one of the four first team spots, or is he second or third team because some other offensive middies will have more points?
On the other hand, how often do other coaches put their top notch offensive midfielders on the wings on face-offs? If I am going for purely offensive midfielders is Conrad even in the top 9 in D1?
I imagine coaches voting will have to mull it over, and decide how important Conrad's 2-way play is compared to a top offensive midfielders offensive skills. My general feeling is based on all the hype Conrad gets, it's hard to see him missing.
Live Free or Die!
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Cooter wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:33 pm
molo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:55 pm Assuming he continues producing at the same level, Aiken is sure to repeat as a first team AA. The current practice is to pick for offensive middies, a FOGO. a dm, and a lsm on the first team. Does Conrad also get one of the four first team spots, or is he second or third team because some other offensive middies will have more points?
On the other hand, how often do other coaches put their top notch offensive midfielders on the wings on face-offs? If I am going for purely offensive midfielders is Conrad even in the top 9 in D1?
I imagine coaches voting will have to mull it over, and decide how important Conrad's 2-way play is compared to a top offensive midfielders offensive skills. My general feeling is based on all the hype Conrad gets, it's hard to see him missing.
Lacrosse needs its own plus minus rating system.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

A lot of talk in the booth about Conners' decisions, but the bottom line is he had at least 3 fastbreaks, and if he and Kraus and Co. can iron out some wrinkles on that front, he becomes a very dangerous weapon good for a few points a game.

Somehow they managed to continue their conversation in the booth in spite of Kraus' unbelievable goal.

Conrad had probably 3 points? He was good for at least 2 more. He's managed to get open on the crease a bunch this year. Loved the lefty ripper on the run, that was classic RC.

100% agree with Ward about too many cradles. This team throws a boatload of low percentage skip passes that rarely make. Whip it around, move the d, and those lanes get a lot wider. Too much searching, not enough quick passing.

Holy smokes, LaSalla's face dodge is a money maker.

Good action from Rode.

Not sure what to make of this win, but hoping it it is a harbinger of things to come.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

"Rocky Point Petey" mad huge strides since fall ball.He's a terrific young man and a consummate gentleman.The LaSallas did a fine job raising him.

And no I am not his father!
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:51 pm "Rocky Point Petey" mad huge strides since fall ball.He's a terrific young man and a consummate gentleman.The LaSallas did a fine job raising him.

His offensive capabilities puts him in the scouting report going forward and he gets the early slide off of Laviano, Kraus or Moore. then 1 of them will be open. great problem to have.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

wahoomurf wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:51 pm "Rocky Point Petey" mad huge strides since fall ball.He's a terrific young man and a consummate gentleman.The LaSallas did a fine job raising him.

Murf, what can you tell us about the recent flip commitment, Bienkowski? Suffolk County player of the year is nothing to sneeze at.
molo

Post by molo »

Is tonight’s game a trap game, or will the favorite pull away to win? I’m leaning towards a close first half with UVA pulling away to win by three to five.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

You can count on Richmond to play UVA hard. Better not sleep on the spiders.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Gatsby

You've got mail

Post by Gatsby »

UVA remembers how to blow out teams again?

What is this, the '90s?

Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

This game very easily could have been 20-4. Virginia called off the dogs pretty early.

They are looking primed to take the ACC.
molo

Post by molo »

The pull away started with the opening face-off.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”