Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
JoeMauer89

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by JoeMauer89 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:04 pm Doc what the hell is this tweet

I was searching jhumenslacrosse on twitter because I was looking for a clip of one of the goals from over the weekend and came across this. Why are you tagging freshman Jack Charboneau in your tweet about Epstein? Really bizarre behavior

I mean that's probably one of the least bizarre things he's posted... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:57 pm
CrookedJay wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:17 pm Of course the teams that win have talent, but what you initially said was that the current players are not talented enough to do what the coach is asking. Without actually knowing what the coaches are asking its tough to know how absurd that statement is, but its on the scale.
Oh totally. Milliman isn't telling his goalie to keep the ball from going in the net. Or telling his players to put the ball past the goalie and into the net when they shoot. Or telling his faceoff team to win those draws. Or telling his D to clear the ball cleanly.

And when there's a loose ball? I heard Millman is telling his team NOT to pick up that GB.

Is that true? Because if it is, boy.......I think you need a new coach if you're looking to win more games.

Would you like to continue this absurd discussion?
given the same ingrediants and equipment.....all things equal......who is making a better meal, Julia Child, the Galloping Gourmet........PRO chefs.....vs.........any of us knuckleheads ?

Or, rather, add the fact that the CHEFS choose the produce for food preparation (recruiting) .........the chefs and knucklehead laxposters,.....are given the exact same list of ingrediants to buy. Think the CHEFS are picking better stuff, even if we remarkably went to the same store? (I can't honestly tell a real good cut of meat is , just by "looking" at it )

btw .....absurd....and Hopkins .....redundant. :D

Hopkins lacrosse took a deep dive into mediocracy only a few years after winning those 2 championships......and the 2010 n4aa performance was the most obvious forest for the trees. BTW, the First in almost 2 decades, which we think most of you Hopkins fans forget.

So many ignored issues for our Hopkins posters.......regarding just the lacrosse program. We guess "tradition" isn't a draw for Will Bowen types....or IS it just that the CHEFS don't want to buy almost expired players, good or not.

The pervalence of "coaching don't matter" is a real deal for basketball. Even top "prep" or High school hoops teams players are telling the coaches, "thanks, but nope coach...we got this. You have taught us all you need to know"

How many All Amercans did the Princeton TIgers have during Tierneys FOURTH year ? (preceeding the championship run )

exactly ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CrookedJay wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:01 am
CrookedJay wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:17 pm Of course the teams that win have talent, but what you initially said was that the current players are not talented enough to do what the coach is asking. Without actually knowing what the coaches are asking its tough to know how absurd that statement is, but its on the scale.
Oh totally. Milliman isn't telling his goalie to keep the ball from going in the net. Or telling his players to put the ball past the goalie and into the net when they shoot. Or telling his faceoff team to win those draws. Or telling his D to clear the ball cleanly.

And when there's a loose ball? I heard Millman is telling his team NOT to pick up that GB.

Is that true? Because if it is, boy.......I think you need a new coach if you're looking to win more games.

No, and I think the phrase that comes to mind is to “never argue with a fool” I mean “a fan.”
You better hope thread "nanny" mdlaxfan don't come round these parts....what with your few posts........when you joined........he certainly has a word for these type of "posters" posts. carry on.....whomever you are.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

this weekend you had nova kansas duke and unc in the final four and a first time first year head coach in hubert davis upsetting coach k. so much for the concept that "blue bloods" can't compete anymore and "half a decade is required to field a competent winning program".

"
HillsLax

Post by HillsLax »

Both Pietramala and Dwan were obese, and in my opinion were an embarrassment to the Athletic Department, the team and the University. If they did not care enough their own physical presence, they surely could not be credible role models. It sure seemed the fatter they got, the more they just mailed it in. Good riddance.

Post by 1766 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:05 pm

I was searching jhumenslacrosse on twitter because I was looking for a clip of one of the goals from over the weekend and came across this. Why are you tagging freshman Jack Charboneau in your tweet about Epstein? Really bizarre behavior

I mean that's probably one of the least bizarre things he's posted... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
Woah
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wrong.....the most bizzarre thing is that Rabil and Harrison twatt with this guy.... :lol: all about the numbers, we guess.

..what a platform. Wish we had twitter when we were 18 or 19...w,ho needs group study, bars, parties, games, intramurals, greek, etc...........

guess Hopkins is so easy academically, students can waste time starring down at their phone.....such a great existance...... phones.

Does Hopkins even have a dining hall any more, or do students eat in their dorms still, due to .........
CrookedJay

Post by CrookedJay »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:19 pm

No, and I think the phrase that comes to mind is to “never argue with a fool” I mean “a fan.”
You better hope thread "nanny" mdlaxfan don't come round these parts....what with your few posts........when you joined........he certainly has a word for these type of "posters" posts. carry on.....whomever you are.
Geez - can't mix a little Mark Twain in?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:05 pm

Joe
I have around 600 followers on Twitter. Jack’s one of them. Doesn’t mean he reads my Tweets or agrees with them. Rabil has responded to my Tweets on occasion.

No big whoop.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CrookedJay wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:19 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:19 pm

Geez - can't mix a little Mark Twain in?
You fit the profile of who he "welcomes" with all his zestful zeal and quesitoning...........

I had sex in Twains "summer house" on some college campus.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:21 pm

wrong.....the most bizzarre thing is that Rabil and Harrison twatt with this guy.... :lol: all about the numbers, we guess.

..what a platform. Wish we had twitter when we were 18 or 19...w,ho needs group study, bars, parties, games, intramurals, greek, etc...........

guess Hopkins is so easy academically, students can waste time starring down at their phone.....such a great existance...... phones.

Does Hopkins even have a dining hall any more, or do students eat in their dorms still, due to .........
It’s not all a wasteland.

I’m one of, like, over 900 people whom Dom Starsia follows on Twitter, and I follow Coach Starsia as well. He has a very thoughtful, sometimes beautiful, Twitter feed. One of my favorite posters in the entire Twitterverse. Folks should check out his Tweets.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister

Post by 1766 »

HillsLax wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:51 pm Both Pietramala and Dwan were obese, and in my opinion were an embarrassment to the Athletic Department, the team and the University. If they did not care enough their own physical presence, they surely could not be credible role models. It sure seemed the fatter they got, the more they just mailed it in. Good riddance.
Coaches don't have to look like an Adonis but you have a point. Tough to demand the guys wake up and start grinding at 5:45AM when what are essentially their bosses are clearly not doing the same.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

1766 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:06 pm
HillsLax wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:51 pm Both Pietramala and Dwan were obese, and in my opinion were an embarrassment to the Athletic Department, the team and the University. If they did not care enough their own physical presence, they surely could not be credible role models. It sure seemed the fatter they got, the more they just mailed it in. Good riddance.
Coaches don't have to look like an Adonis but you have a point. Tough to demand the guys wake up and start grinding at 5:45AM when what are essentially their bosses are clearly not doing the same.
They were scarfing down doughnuts by 6 AM.
The doughnuts of Champions.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

1766 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:06 pm
Not specific to the individuals being discussed, but as a general matter, obesity (and especially morbid obesity) frequently has a strong genetic or medical component to it. Losing weight may not be as simple as “eat less and exercise”.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Mightyjoe

Post by Mightyjoe »

Folks, take a break. Go to bed. I’m sure there will be time for you guys to throw down more stellar wisdom after this weekend.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Is Hopkins lacrosse right now closer to:

Alabama football after Bear Bryant and before Nick Saban....

OR

Nebraska football after Tom Osborne?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Wheels wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:47 pm Is Hopkins lacrosse right now closer to:

OR

your mom
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:55 pm

OR

your mom
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:55 pm

OR

your mom
Has Bloomberg armed the campus cops yet ?

in 2 years the transfer bubble will burst and Hopkins will be back on track with other teams that recruited transfers.

who knows, maybe Hopkins DID recruit extra year players. Funny how, when young men, have experienced life....they realized what a dump Hopkins home is......baltimore.......and are playing elsewhere.

Don't blame the coach for Baltimore.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Ohio State is ranked #9.
They've beaten Notre Dame, Harvard, and North Carolina.
Season hanging in the balance....

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”