Asgot

Re: York 2022

Post by Asgot »

Well deserved as he is playing at an elite level all year
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Asgot wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:30 am
Jumbo wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:22 pm Union takes down tufts. This changes everything.
Probably does not Help York as I doubt Tufts falls below them while Union will likely jump them in the rankings, but I could see Tufts falling to the 6-9 range but I think their is a pretty big gap after that.
Tufts should drop behind York. York lost to #1 and #2

RIT
Salisbury
CNU
Union
York
Tufts
SJF (if they win today)
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Jumbo wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:17 pm
Jumbo wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:22 pm Union takes down tufts. This changes everything.
Probably does not Help York as I doubt Tufts falls below them while Union will likely jump them in the rankings, but I could see Tufts falling to the 6-9 range but I think their is a pretty big gap after that.

RIT
Salisbury
CNU
Union
York
Tufts
SJF (if they win today)
Who has York beaten?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:55 pm Who has York beaten?
They trounced #8 F&M, who the next day beat #16 Stevenson, so there’s that. I wouldn’t put Tufts behind them just yet, but what he said is true; their 2 losses are to the clear top 2 teams in the country.

Edit; Tufts drops for me now with the decisive loss to unranked Middlebury.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:55 pm

RIT
Salisbury
CNU
Union
York
Tufts
SJF (if they win today)
Who has York beaten?
Ok let’s play, who has St Johns Fischer beaten? Who has CNU beaten I watched both the CNU v. Lynchburg and the York v. F&M game and York had a far more dominate game.
Tufts lost again And RIT lost to an unranked team. Top 5 should be Salisbury, CNU, STF, York Union
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Asgot wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:49 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:55 pm

RIT
Salisbury
CNU
Union
York
Tufts
SJF (if they win today)
Who has York beaten?
Ok let’s play, who has St Johns Fischer beaten? Who has CNU beaten I watched both the CNU v. Lynchburg and the York v. F&M game and York had a far more dominate game.
Tufts lost again And RIT lost to an unranked team. Top 5 should be Salisbury, CNU, STF, York Union
At the time of writing that the chaos of yesterday had not happened. I still say F&M is a 18-RV caliber team, not a top 10 team, as evidenced by a 1g win vs Swat. Lynchburg is much better than F&M. The W&L win now looks better. York has yet to beat a top 15 this year. They get Gettysburg soon, they should win.

CNU has beaten everybody, handidly. They have top 15 wins over Gettysburg and Lynchburg, 15-2 win over Williams, wins over Roanoke, Grove City, Ursinus, Catholic and W&L. It’s significantly better resume at this point. York can only really say they have 2 wins vs W&L and F&M and no bad losses.

STJF has wins over Ithaca, SLU, Amherst, and Ursinus. And a closer loss to RIT. Union looms.

RPI is ranked at 19.

Yes York should be ranked over Tufts now.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

It is con I went that you qualify the F&M win to suit you purpose even though F&M beat a ranked Stevenson the next day. All of this is fun speculations and of these teams will get to prove it as STF plays Union this week and York Plays Cabrini on Friday and CNU plays Salisbury next week and York plays Gettysburg. But I am just not sure why you hate York, but it’s ok.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Asgot wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:27 pm It is con I went that you qualify the F&M win to suit you purpose even though F&M beat a ranked Stevenson the next day. All of this is fun speculations and of these teams will get to prove it as STF plays Union this week and York Plays Cabrini on Friday and CNU plays Salisbury next week and York plays Gettysburg. But I am just not sure why you hate York, but it’s ok.
I don’t hate York. I have a lot of respect for the way that program has been built. I think they are well coached, possibly the best defense in D3. But they haven’t proven to me they are legit title contender yet this year. I think they win out their regular season, then they will have 3 more quality wins and have a legit case as a top 5. (Although they probably should be and will be top 5 after this week - but not because of anything they did) They will handle Cabrini. But Cabrini is not what they have been in the past, they are very over ranked right now.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Most teams will lose to a team they should have beat. Very few teams ever go undefeated. At the end of the season. The final 4 is most likely going to be from the following group.

I would say…
all 4 from this list 75% chance
3 of the 4 from this list 95%
National champ from this list 99%

Salisbury
CNU
Tufts
RIT
York
RPI
Union

All of these teams will be favored in every game (except if they play another team from this list). I don’t see any way one of the other teams gets on such a strong run in the tourney to make the final 4

My wildcards are Williams and Middlebury. IF they get into the Tourney, they can cause trouble.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:05 pm Most teams will lose to a team they should have beat. Very few teams ever go undefeated. At the end of the season. The final 4 is most likely going to be from the following group.

I would say…

Salisbury
CNU
Tufts
RIT
York
RPI
Union

All of these teams will be favored in every game (except if they play another team from this list). I don’t see any way one of the other teams gets on such a strong run in the tourney to make the final 4

My wildcards are Williams and Middlebury. IF they get into the Tourney, they can cause trouble.
I feel like it’s a little early to lump RPI in with this group.we’ll see how they look down the stretch. We will know how for real they are as they finish out. Clarkson, SLU, Ithaca, and Union still left. Bowdoin may be the best (most complete) team in the NESCAC.
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:37 pm
Jumbo wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:05 pm Most teams will lose to a team they should have beat. Very few teams ever go undefeated. At the end of the season. The final 4 is most likely going to be from the following group.

I would say…

Salisbury
CNU
Tufts
RIT
York
RPI
Union

I feel like it’s a little early to lump RPI in with this group.we’ll see how they look down the stretch. We will know how for real they are as they finish out. Clarkson, SLU, Ithaca, and Union still left. Bowdoin may be the best (most complete) team in the NESCAC.
Does the RPI vs RIT game play any factor in this? Seems like we have no idea who can beat eachother on any given day.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

camskidamski wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:14 am

I would say…

Salisbury
CNU
Tufts
RIT
York
RPI
Union

Does the RPI vs RIT game play any factor in this? Seems like we have no idea who can beat eachother on any given day.
Yes. But did you watch. RPI probably loses that game 19/20 times. Fantastic win and a gritty win, well deserved of some praise. But RIT out out shot them 53-29. was nearly perfect clearing, won the GB battle 47-18, was perfect on EMO/MDD and was 20/29 on face offs. Kudos to the RPI goalie for standing on his head for 23 saves. But they are hardly in the national championship discussion.

Didn’t coast guard beat Wesleyan the year they won a championship? Or was it the next year?
lando622

Post by lando622 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:05 pm Didn’t coast guard beat Wesleyan the year they won a championship? Or was it the next year?
Coast Guard beat Wesleyan 10-9 in OT (on March 6th) in 2018 which is the year Wesleyan won their championship.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

camskidamski wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:14 am

I would say…

Salisbury
CNU
Tufts
RIT
York
RPI
Union

Eastern lost by 2 to RPI. York beat Eastern by 15. I watched the atrocious first half of RPI vs Williams, where it appeared neither team could catch and throw. Then RPI beats RIT, who beat York. Teams can evolve and devolve, and they can play their best game, or they can play their worst. You never truly know

“That’s why they play the game...” - Adolph Rupp
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Might replace RPI with STF, but there are a lot in very interesting games coming up and much of this will shake out. CNU is top to bottom a very solid team and I think their ranking is right. I would love to see the Salisbury CNU game as I think that game is going to be really good and the first of possible 3 games. Union plays STF tomorrow and RIT on Saturday. York is playing their best lacrosse of the Year and will be at Cabrini on Friday and Gettysburg next Saturday.

I think that York's defense is playing at another level from when they played RIT and Salisbury, I am sure that they all are playing better but RK and Greene are playing at an AA level, but I think that Mason Smith and Brent Blackmon have really started to assert themselves and have become part of a really scary unit. The ssdm are really playing well as I think Zach Mentzer is playing great defense right now. Vinny is really playing well at the faceoff X and Hugo Spencer is giving him some rest
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Deep is York a final 4 team this season. Getting mixed signals and not sure Cabrini will reveal much. It’s not until Gburg that I think you can take their temperature. Lots of talent have they played their best game yet. Will catch the Cabrini game but I don’t see York having any problems with them.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:21 am Deep is York a final 4 team this season. Getting mixed signals and not sure Cabrini will reveal much. It’s not until Gburg that I think you can take their temperature. Lots of talent have they played their best game yet. Will catch the Cabrini game but I don’t see York having any problems with them.
If I were picking my top 4 teams at this moment, York is not on that list. But we both know that’s not how a final 4 is decided.

I think the potential for them to make the final four is there. I’m with you that, while I plan on attending the Cabrini game, I’m more looking to the Gettysburg game for the litmus on their growth thus far. I have full faith in Coach Childs’ ability to draw the best from this group. What that ceiling is has yet to be seen.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:35 am
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:21 am Deep is York a final 4 team this season. Getting mixed signals and not sure Cabrini will reveal much. It’s not until Gburg that I think you can take their temperature. Lots of talent have they played their best game yet. Will catch the Cabrini game but I don’t see York having any problems with them.
If I were picking my top 4 teams at this moment, York is not on that list. But we both know that’s not how a final 4 is decided.

I think the potential for them to make the final four is there. I’m with you that, while I plan on attending the Cabrini game, I’m more looking to the Gettysburg game for the litmus on their growth thus far. I have full faith in Coach Childs’ ability to draw the best from this group. What that ceiling is has yet to be seen.
Ok, that is fair but who do you have ahead of them? Assuming they are in the North. Union, RIT, Tufts? Like I said you will get a good gauge of them this week with SJF and a rested angry RIT. Another loss by SJF and they likely drop behind York. I think that if you played a round robin with those would be great lacrosse games and they would be very competitive
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Asgot wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:25 pm Ok, that is fair but who do you have ahead of them? Assuming they are in the North. Union, RIT, Tufts? Like I said you will get a good gauge of them this week with SJF and a rested angry RIT. Another loss by SJF and they likely drop behind York. I think that if you played a round robin with those would be great lacrosse games and they would be very competitive
Salisbury, CNU, RIT, Tufts in no particular order. I look at York, Union and StJF in a similar vein. The polls don’t matter, heck even the records don’t much matter to me (so someone laid and egg once or twice, so what). I watch the games. How they play matters. You don’t have to convince me, I believe in the York team and the coach. I think they can do great things. I want to SEE it. I want to see York have “great lacrosse games” and “be very competitive” against those teams.

And before the peanut gallery shows up, as I said in a previous post, you never truly know who will win when these teams roll out there. Union beat Tufts, and I still think that Tufts is a better team than Union (GASP- just my opinion). Union won that game, just like if York drops one somewhere down the line, it doesn’t mean that that team is automatically better than York, it just means they won that game.

Hence the ratings don’t matter, what I think or want doesn’t matter. The on-field results matter and that’s what I want out of York against that top tier, results.
smoova

Post by smoova »

DeepPocket wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:30 pm Union beat Tufts, and I still think that Tufts is a better team than Union (GASP- just my opinion). Union won that game, just like if York drops one somewhere down the line, it doesn’t mean that that team is automatically better than York, it just means they won that game.

... The on-field results matter ...
This is a little confusing. ;)

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”