ODAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
InsiderRoll

Re: ODAC 2022

Post by InsiderRoll »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:20 am
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:22 pm You called it Dehunt. !
They didn’t give Kenny any space to shoot, Lewis isn’t a threat to score from X. Generals SSDMs did great job, always back on the break and then flipped pole to Mitchell was good McCabe move.
NOKE must be looking forward to hosting these Bugs but they should regroup…
Rogers out hurt and then Wolf certainly did not help Lynchburg, hopefully they are back for the playoffs if not sooner. W&L had to have their best game of the year to win and they did. The close D, ssdm and goalie played extremely well, and the O played their best game in a long time using extensive possessions. For the first time you n a long while they did not implode and beat themselves. Clean game by both teams. Generals dominated ground balls. It’s looking like it’s a 2 team fight for the title. Will W&L crack top 20 now?
Definitely a well played game. The team is improving and growing. Both teams really played hard for that one. Defensive unit is very good and very well coached. arguably among the top 5 in D3 this year. I hope these teams can earn a rematch with each other. They are definitely the two best teams in the ODAC, however there are some other capable teams out there. Lynchburg may have trouble slowing down Kammerman, they do not have the poles or goalie that W&L has, but that’s a little ways a away for now.
droliver

Post by droliver »

That loss by Lynchburg pretty much eliminates the possibility an at large bid for the ODAC this season I would think, no?
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

droliver wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:30 am That loss by Lynchburg pretty much eliminates the possibility an at large bid for the ODAC this season I would think, no?
I think the ODAC and the Centennial are in the same position, 1 bid conferences assuming the #1 seed going into the conference tournaments win. If a lower seed jumps up and wins the tournament and takes the AQ then possibly the regular season champ gets an at large. Having said that I am not well versed on Pool B and Pool C rules.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Maybe SOS leaned in LYN favor if they lost ODAC championship but that’s out the window. Win ODAC or go home..
generalsfan01

Post by generalsfan01 »

For those who think W&L got lucky yesterday, I think you watched the wrong game. From start to finish, W&L played close to a complete game all the way down to the buzzer. It looked like the game was going to go south quick after going down 2-0 early, but they battled back and get throwing punches back. Can't wait for the rematch in the ODAC championship.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

The HSC game seemed to be a point W&L found their identity. They had losses to very good teams, checked egos and came together. Both teams had to many unforced TO’a but to W&L credit they dug out key GBs and forced more TOS and took away seams where LYN would typically find for open shots..
Like HSC, one has to wonder if there’s chemistry issues in LYN locker room?.. A loss like this can put them in a tailspin.. Time will tell. This rivalry is one of the best in D3. Hope to see a rematch in ODAC Championship..
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:02 pm The HSC game seemed to be a point W&L found their identity. They had losses to very good teams, checked egos and came together. Both teams had to many unforced TO’a but to W&L credit they dug out key GBs and forced more TOS and took away seams where LYN would typically find for open shots..
Like HSC, one has to wonder if there’s chemistry issues in LYN locker room?.. A loss like this can put them in a tailspin.. Time will tell. This rivalry is one of the best in D3. Hope to see a rematch in ODAC Championship..
Not taking away anything on how the Generals played but Lynchburg was missing Roger and Wolf was absent second half. Generals will have to play the best version of themselves again in order to win.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:54 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:02 pm The HSC game seemed to be a point W&L found their identity. They had losses to very good teams, checked egos and came together. Both teams had to many unforced TO’a but to W&L credit they dug out key GBs and forced more TOS and took away seams where LYN would typically find for open shots..
Not taking away anything on how the Generals played but Lynchburg was missing Roger and Wolf was absent second half. Generals will have to play the best version of themselves again in order to win.
Wolff left with 3min left in the 3rd and W&L was missing starting attackman Alex Brown. Only difference is his replacement Pokorny went for 4 points. I believe the “experts” on fanlax unanimously agreed Lynchburg would win by about 9-10 goals.
Dehuntshigwa’es

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:16 pm
Wolff left with 3min left in the 3rd and W&L was missing starting attackman Alex Brown. Only difference is his replacement Pokorny went for 4 points. I believe the “experts” on fanlax unanimously agreed Lynchburg would win by about 9-10 goals.
Not knocking the Generals win by any means, this isn’t about an excuse just a recognition that a seasoned 4 year starter and possible POY with well over 100 career points was absent ( first team all Odac as a jr) If you believe that was not a potential factor , great. But I wouldn’t equate the sophomore with maybe 20 career points as an equal loss to that of Rogers. We can skip the loss of Wolfs services. Generals won, played well that’s all that matters… Perhaps the bigger question is do you ride Porkorny to the finish line
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:33 pm
Not knocking the Generals win by any means, this isn’t about an excuse just a recognition that a seasoned 4 year starter and possible POY with well over 100 career points was absent ( first team all Odac as a jr) If you believe that was not a potential factor , great. But I wouldn’t equate the sophomore with maybe 20 career points as an equal loss to that of Rogers. We can skip the loss of Wolfs services. Generals won, played well that’s all that matters
Your point is fair and to counter act my own point. Does Rogers really produce more than the 3 goals they got from Nieves and McCarthy in his absence? Those guys typically don’t play much when 27 is healthy.
Dehuntshigwa’es

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:50 pm
Not knocking the Generals win by any means, this isn’t about an excuse just a recognition that a seasoned 4 year starter and possible POY with well over 100 career points was absent ( first team all Odac as a jr) If you believe that was not a potential factor , great. But I wouldn’t equate the sophomore with maybe 20 career points as an equal loss to that of Rogers. We can skip the loss of Wolfs services. Generals won, played well that’s all that matters
Your point is fair and to counter act my own point. Does Rogers really produce more than the 3 goals they got from Nieves and McCarthy in his absence? Those guys typically don’t play much when 27 is healthy.
I think Rogers is the straw the stirs the drink, he brings a presence to the field that’s hard to measure. He’d certainly draw a lot of attention with a 1 goal lead late 4th qtr. I’d like to know if they ride Porkorny to the finish line , that was a career game from him. I have to watch the tape
On this game it was too exciting as a fan to watch and think about breaking anything down. Great to see such a clean and complete game by the Generals. Love to see them get the AQ! Not sure if there will be a Pool C bid for the ODAC.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:59 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:50 pm
I think Rogers is the straw the stirs the drink, he brings a presence to the field that’s hard to measure. He’d certainly draw a lot of attention with a 1 goal lead late 4th qtr. I’d like to know if they ride Porkorny to the finish line , that was a career game from him. I have to watch the tape
On this game it was too exciting as a fan to watch and think about breaking anything down. Great to see such a clean and complete game by the Generals. Love to see them get the AQ! Not sure if there will be a Pool C bid for the ODAC.
Agreed to all that. Likely a 1 bid league. But other leagues may feast on each other and make it more of a reality. Both W&L and Lburg should win out, both would be on the bubble and likely would miss out on Pool C.
allthingsODAC

Post by allthingsODAC »

I think it is defiantly a 1 bid team. I just don't see a scenario that plays into them getting two teams in. Of course it will come down to whether LYN wins it all or not but, I don't think they are a lock to get in. Don't have the OOC wins they usually do, loses to CNU, Salisbury, and tufts and only ranked wins to Dension and Cabrini- I don't think either of these are enough to get them an at large over other teams in the conversation. W&L, HSC, and Roanoke defiantly won't get an at large only way for them is to win the conference. Overall seems to be down year for the conference and I hope to see them turn it around next and get back to the power house conference they usually are.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

allthingsODAC wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:29 pm I think it is defiantly a 1 bid team. I just don't see a scenario that plays into them getting two teams in. Of course it will come down to whether LYN wins it all or not but, I don't think they are a lock to get in. Don't have the OOC wins they usually do, loses to CNU, Salisbury, and tufts and only ranked wins to Dension and Cabrini- I don't think either of these are enough to get them an at large over other teams in the conversation. W&L, HSC, and Roanoke defiantly won't get an at large only way for them is to win the conference. Overall seems to be down year for the conference and I hope to see them turn it around next and get back to the power house conference they usually are.
I’d say W&L and Lynchburg look about the same for an at large, nod might even go to W&L. Ranked wins vs poll teams do not matter, regionally ranked wins do. SOS does as well. W&L is 6-5 with the number 2 SOS in the nation. Lynchburg is 6-4 with the 41st SOS nationally. W&L has 4 wins over regionally ranked opponents. Lynchburg has 2/3. Although Lynchburg has Roanoke and HSC remaining. W&L has the head to head.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Its a one big league this year. No one had the real big out of conference win.
Not having Rogers was big for Lynchburg but the W&L D and Goalie are the real deal.
ODACWojBomb

Post by ODACWojBomb »

Now that the new week is settled in, it’s clear to see the ODAC is wide open. The ODAC has been nothing but disappointing when it comes to out of conference play. What does that mean? The way I see it is that the ODAC Tournamnent could be one for the ages. I still think we are going to see some new faces in championship weekend.

Possible for some crazy things to happen... What if Lynchburg continues to implode? Could this be the first time since 2013 we dont see the Hornets playing in the championship? Will W&L sweep the rest of the ODAC? Can RMC make any noise? What if Roanoke has been the best team all along?

Bottom line is that there isnt a clear favorite. Winner of the ODAC will be the only team that makes the NCAA Tournament.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

ODACWojBomb wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:27 am Now that the new week is settled in, it’s clear to see the ODAC is wide open. The ODAC has been nothing but disappointing when it comes to out of conference play. What does that mean? The way I see it is that the ODAC Tournamnent could be one for the ages. I still think we are going to see some new faces in championship weekend.

Possible for some crazy things to happen... What if Lynchburg continues to implode? Could this be the first time since 2013 we dont see the Hornets playing in the championship? Will W&L sweep the rest of the ODAC? Can RMC make any noise? What if Roanoke has been the best team all along?

Bottom line is that there isnt a clear favorite. Winner of the ODAC will be the only team that makes the NCAA Tournament.
This is the narrative that was spun at the start of the year. It wasn’t true then and isn’t true now. The only upset so far in league play been W&L over Lynchburg, which was fairly predictable given W&L is 11-3 vs Lynchburg in their last 14 games. W&L and Lynchburg are clear favorites. Lynchburg hasn’t imploded, they are just less talented than they have been. W&L crushed HSC and RMC and should now cruise to the 1 seed. Roanoke the best team? They were beaten fairly soundly by W&L a little over a week ago. This league continues to be Lynchburg, W&L, and Roanoke being a step ahead of everybody.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

The W&L / Roanoke game was actually a close one. A four minute stretch at the start of the 3rd quarter was the difference. Other then that is was a very even game. Roanoke is a young team that sees only 3 seniors that play. They are a team that takes two steps up then one step back. If Roanoke can survive this weeks games vs Bridgewater and RMC then it will set up a key game vs Lynchburg on 4/16. The ODAC tournament will be great, I don't see a clear cut favorite.
IceMan16

Post by IceMan16 »

R
JustOneTime wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:00 am The W&L / Roanoke game was actually a close one. A four minute stretch at the start of the 3rd quarter was the difference. Other then that is was a very even game. Roanoke is a young team that sees only 3 seniors that play. They are a team that takes two steps up then one step back. If Roanoke can survive this weeks games vs Bridgewater and RMC then it will set up a key game vs Lynchburg on 4/16. The ODAC tournament will be great, I don't see a clear cut favorite.
Roanoke typically limps through a mid-week game against bridgewater, hopefully BP can get his ducks in a row for tourney time. RMC has been on the up and up for some time now but its due time Roanoke has a game where theyre in control the whole game. interested to see if the lynchburg loss to W&L inspires a late season run through championship weekend...
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:38 pm Call me a believer with no ties to the game, but I think W&L pulls off the upset. 11-10 W&L
I am a lax forum genius!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”