Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DocBarrister

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by DocBarrister »

flalax22 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:55 pm I just watched PMs post game interview. He looks overwhelmed.
He also didn’t look that composed during his interview before the second half.

Seems to reflect the entire team … just doesn’t look comfortable in his current role.

Makes me wonder if he is losing the trust of his team.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:00 pm
flalax22 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:55 pm I just watched PMs post game interview. He looks overwhelmed.

Seems to reflect the entire team … just doesn’t look comfortable in his current role.

Wait now he's losing the trust of the team because he looked flustered during a 15-second halftime interview losing by 5?

This is right up there with some of FanLax's greatest hits in lunacy including "we stink because of goalie warmups" and "the women's team shouldn't be allowed to wear sweatpants around campus."
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

I’m afraid that for this Hopkins team, it’s now the AQ or bust.

Bust is by far the probable scenario.

If the Blue Jays don’t make the tournament next season, I think Coach Milliman will be in serious trouble.

I never thought I would have to ask this, but … how many Blue Jays remain who have NCAA tournament experience?

@DocBarrister
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

The team played its asses off in the second half. What are you even talking about?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:07 pm

Wait now he's losing the trust of the team because he looked flustered during a 15-second halftime interview losing by 5?

This is right up there with some of FanLax's greatest hits in lunacy including "we stink because of goalie warmups" and "the women's team shouldn't be allowed to wear sweatpants around campus."
No, it’s what I’m seeing on the field.

You could tell last season that the Blue Jays had completely bought into what the coaches were trying to accomplish.

This season? The effort still seems to be there, but they just seem confused and overwhelmed at times … a bit like their coach.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:44 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:24 pm On the other hand, offense is a complete mess. They look lost and confused out there. This was a winnable game. The offense blew it.

DocBarrister
offensively speaking….
You should rewatch it, a few times. You can see what the offense is attempting to do, working out, even the adjustments made throughout the game to figure out RU’s defense.

You couple all that with the vision the coaches have for the program, with the players at their disposal, and you’ll see….quite clearly, the work in progress. It’ll also be evident why which players are out there.
just bc you dont agree with him on everything doesn't mean one side of the divide should be punished like that
Sometimes looking in a mirror, you finally see what you are looking at.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:12 pm

You could tell last season that the Blue Jays had completely bought into what the coaches were trying to accomplish.

This season? The effort still seems to be there, but they just seem confused and overwhelmed at times … a bit like their coach.

DocBarrister
Huh??? You could tell they bought in last season when they went 4-9?

We've won 5 games, thus it's already an improvement on last year.

News flash: Teams that aren't bought into don't show the type of effort you're talking about. They mail it in. Like Cuse yesterday. The fact that the effort is there directly contradicts your argument, which appears to be based on absolutely nothing at all other than the coach's facial expression during a halftime interview.

Post by 1766 »

sc lax wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:43 pm
jhu06 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:28 pm
-Watching Rutgers it felt like this is what Towson wants to look like. A gritty public school program playing with energy and efficiency across the field.
Unfortunately the amount of talent in MD public schools is not what it once was. NJ public schools have way more talent than MD nowadays, and a lot of kids that would be going to their local public school are going to the MIAA.
If you look at the roster and the current classes coming in, you very much see a mix of private school kids and public school kids. NJ specifically has Delbarton and a few others, but the difference between the good public schools and almost all of the private schools isn't that big.

If you've ever spoke to Coach Brecht about this, it's very much how envisions a lacrosse team. He wants different kids with different backgrounds. He's starting to dip into the MIAA and DC league more now. Remi Reynolds from Gilman has been a real bright spot for the team as a freshman. Boy's Latin's goalie is coming in with expectations.
Last edited by 1766 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

primitiveskills wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:10 pm

The team played its asses off in the second half. What are you even talking about?
Effort has always been there, which is why this became a winnable game.

But I just don’t see this team playing cohesively on the field. The D had a good game overall, but then on a couple of clears they didn’t have a middie come back to assist in the clear.

On offense, they just don’t have much chemistry.

This isn’t the first time in recent seasons. A few years back, Petro conceded that his prior year’s team didn’t have much chemistry.

I get the same sense now. They don’t seem to be on the same page.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

1766 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:16 pm
sc lax wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:43 pm
jhu06 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:28 pm
-Watching Rutgers it felt like this is what Towson wants to look like. A gritty public school program playing with energy and efficiency across the field.
Unfortunately the amount of talent in MD public schools is not what it once was. NJ public schools have way more talent than MD nowadays, and a lot of kids that would be going to their local public school are going to the MIAA.
If you look at the roster and the current classes coming in, you very much see a mix of private school kids and public school kids. NJ specifically has Delbarton and a few others, but the difference between the good public schools and almost all of the private schools isn't that big.

If you've ever spoke to Coach Brecht about this, it's very much how envisions a lacrosse team. He wants different kids with different backgrounds. He's starting to dip into the MIAA and DC league more now. Remi Reynolds from Gilman has been a real bright spot for the team as a freshman. Boy's Latin's goalie is coming in with expectations.
I was more-so responding to the Towson reference. A few years ago there was more talent from the MD publics and Towson was able to take advantage of it. Different times now.
a fan

Post by a fan »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:33 pm At least we're not Syracuse
No. You're worse. Syracuse don't need a new set of coaches....apparently according to your experts, you do. :roll: ;)
primitiveskills

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:44 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:24 pm On the other hand, offense is a complete mess. They look lost and confused out there. This was a winnable game. The offense blew it.

DocBarrister
offensively speaking….
You should rewatch it, a few times. You can see what the offense is attempting to do, working out, even the adjustments made throughout the game to figure out RU’s defense.

You couple all that with the vision the coaches have for the program, with the players at their disposal, and you’ll see….quite clearly, the work in progress. It’ll also be evident why which players are out there.
Completely agree. The adjustments were made, and we got good shots. With better shooting, and if Kirst doesn't stand on his head that quarter, who knows?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:25 pm
No. You're worse. Syracuse don't need a new set of coaches....apparently according to your experts, you do. :roll: ;)
we’ll trade you docb and 06 for a 7th round draft pick and a player to be named later
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:16 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:12 pm

DocBarrister
Huh??? You could tell they bought in last season when they went 4-9?

We've won 5 games, thus it's already an improvement on last year.

News flash: Teams that aren't bought into don't show the type of effort you're talking about. They mail it in. Like Cuse yesterday. The fact that the effort is there directly contradicts your argument, which appears to be based on absolutely nothing at all other than the coach's facial expression during a halftime interview.
No, last year’s B1G tournament. THAT was a good Hopkins team … a Hopkins team that beat Penn State at Penn State; beat an NCAA quarterfinals team in Rutgers; and had eventual NCAA finalist Maryland on the ropes for three quarters while playing their third game in 8 days. THAT Hopkins team was much better than anything we have seen this year, and it’s not even close.

Again, the effort is there, but they don’t seem to be on the same page anymore. The clears and offense are the best indication of that.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:26 pm
we’ll trade you docb and 06 for a 7th round draft pick and a player to be named later
No deal! We wouldn't give you a bag of old, scuffed up lax balls for that....sorry, mate.
primitiveskills

And what has Gait actually done to make you say he's a "coach"? That's Petro's team. Gait is a figurehead.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

The way you have been attacking every other Hopkins poster, I would just release you and leave it at that. Addition by subtraction.

DocBarrister :P
Last edited by DocBarrister on Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:28 pm
No deal! We wouldn't give you a bag of old, scuffed up lax balls for that....sorry, mate.
And we’re supposed to take you seriously? The guy who basically thinks talent is all and coaches don’t matter much?

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:29 pm
The way you have been attacking every other Hopkins poster, I would just release you and leave it at that.

no i just call out when you and 06 post dumb sh*t which is very often. basically everyone else is fine

take your most recent post, for instance. you’re admitting the effort is there and in the same breath saying they don’t trust the coach? it’s the same coach and almost all of the same players as last year when apparently everyone was so much on the same page. It just doesn’t make sense my guy
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:34 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:29 pm
The way you have been attacking every other Hopkins poster, I would just release you and leave it at that.

no i just call out when you and 06 post dumb sh*t which is very often. basically everyone else is fine

take your most recent post, for instance. you’re admitting the effort is there and in the same breath saying they don’t trust the coach? it’s the same coach and almost all of the same players as last year when apparently everyone was so much on the same page. It just doesn’t make sense my guy
You apparently haven’t played on a team where the players played hard for themselves (as a team) but had lost faith in their coach.

I had that experience on our 8th grade soccer team. We always played hard to win, but a lot of the guys openly despised the coach.

Not saying that’s the situation with the Hopkins team now. I don’t know precisely what is going on and I am just speculating. But last year, the coaching staff was new. This year, not so much … Blue Jays are playing their second season under this staff. I just don’t see a Hopkins team with much chemistry on two thirds of the field.

A team can put in a lot of effort (for themselves and their teammates) while steadily losing faith in at least some of their coaches.

Should note that Koesterer is a former Petro player and Petro assistant coach. He’s from the Hopkins culture and if any squad on the team seems to be gelling, it’s the D.

Coach Milliman and Coach Junior? Definitely from a different culture and perspective.

Just saying ….

I’m speculating, just like fans tend to do. Some of you pretend to know more than you really do. At least I don’t pretend I’m doing anything other than speculating, which again, is what fans do.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”