Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
RumorMill

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by RumorMill »

Maybe just waiting to roll #10 out against Maryland like last season?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Refs really not interested in giving us any quick restarts

Better quarter, but probably too little too late
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

can hop beat rutgers by 4 in one quarter? probably not, that's why they play the games tho.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HillsLax wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:31 pm Does anyone have any real information about Joey Epstein? Lots of bloviating and speculating, but not any facts. When I saw him play in Denver, my take was he could and needed to play much better--other than the Towson game, not much special. If he is truly underperforming, what message is sent by keeping him in the game?
He has had his ups and downs, but do you know of any other current Hopkins player with 32 points?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
GSP

Post by GSP »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:21 pm
GSP wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:01 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:46 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:43 pm
HappyHourLax wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:42 pm
GSP wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:39 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:35 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:27 pm Love having Krampf taking shots from the right wing in transition rather than Epstein. Definitely what you want
Yep. Why leave the shot to a guy with 19 goals when you can have it taken by a player with 1 goal?

If it’s a disciplinary thing … fine.

If it’s an attempt to “shake things up”, it’s pure idiocy. Practically begging Epstein to transfer.

DocBarrister
Where would he be accepted as a transfer? Where could he start?
A decent coach could get the best out of him and work him into their team. I hate to say it but a change of scenery might be in his best interest at this point.
I'd 100% graduate and then go get a grad degree somewhere else if I were him. He's the leading scorer and isn't sniffing the field while the rest of these dudes score 2 goals in a half. #Culture!
I’m happy to be patient with this coaching staff. As said often by you and others, they haven’t even brought in their first recruiting class. We are in agreement there.

But if Coach Milliman and his staff cause a three-time captain to transfer?

That’s a firing offense in my book.

DocBarrister
Doc,
You were going to name those "at least a dozen" teams that would accept him. Crickets!

Only teams that had a VERY strong chance for a national championship, would disrupt their programs by bringing in a 1 and done, 5'10", 180 lb, transfer. What about loyalty to guys already in your program waiting for a shot?

Are you not embarrassed to make bold statements but the hide and refuse to even attempt to justify them?
Your post is ridiculously naive and ignores the transfer wave of the past two years.

I’m sure Rutgers would accept his transfer. Ditto for Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan. Denver? Duke? North Carolina? Syracuse? Notre Dame? Maryland (with Benson)? Jacksonville? Loyola?

There’s a dozen for you, and I don’t think we would be close to finished.

And loyalty to current players on the roster?!? Are you kidding me??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winning is all about preserving a six-figure salary these days.

DocBarrister
Anyone who disagrees with your silliness is ridiculously naive.
Epstein was good at one time but poles feast on him now. He is a turnover machine.
Duke? UNC? Syracuse? Maryland? No way!!!! I fully expected you to claim that he would not transfer because he was certain to be drafted #1 in the upcoming PLL draft.
As to your claim that my statement "ignores the transfer wave of the past two years," Did that wave include anyone who was riding pine on his previous team?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:33 pm Refs really not interested in giving us any quick restarts
cough
LongIslandLacks

Post by LongIslandLacks »

GSP wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:37 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:27 pm Love having Krampf taking shots from the right wing in transition rather than Epstein. Definitely what you want
Yep. Why leave the shot to a guy with 19 goals when you can have it taken by a player with 1 goal?

If it’s an attempt to “shake things up”, it’s pure idiocy. Practically begging Epstein to transfer.

DocBarrister
A decent coach could get the best out of him and work him into their team. I hate to say it but a change of scenery might be in his best interest at this point.
I'd 100% graduate and then go get a grad degree somewhere else if I were him. He's the leading scorer and isn't sniffing the field while the rest of these dudes score 2 goals in a half. #Culture!
I’m happy to be patient with this coaching staff. As said often by you and others, they haven’t even brought in their first recruiting class. We are in agreement there.

DocBarrister
Doc,
You were going to name those "at least a dozen" teams that would accept him. Crickets!

Only teams that had a VERY strong chance for a national championship, would disrupt their programs by bringing in a 1 and done, 5'10", 180 lb, transfer. What about loyalty to guys already in your program waiting for a shot?

Are you not embarrassed to make bold statements but the hide and refuse to even attempt to justify them?
Your post is ridiculously naive and ignores the transfer wave of the past two years.

I’m sure Rutgers would accept his transfer. Ditto for Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan. Denver? Duke? North Carolina? Syracuse? Notre Dame? Maryland (with Benson)? Jacksonville? Loyola?

And loyalty to current players on the roster?!? Are you kidding me??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

DocBarrister
Epstein was good at one time but poles feast on him now. He is a turnover machine.
Duke? UNC? Syracuse? Maryland? No way!!!! I fully expected you to claim that he would not transfer because he was certain to be drafted #1 in the upcoming PLL draft.
As to your claim that my statement "ignores the transfer wave of the past two years," Did that wave include anyone who was riding pine on his previous team?
Don’t discount the damage done to the psyche by Milliman. A fresh start with a supportive coach, and you might very well see the old Joey or better.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Doc,

DocBarrister
More nonsensical trolling.

Are you saying Danowski wouldn’t be interested in a three-time Hopkins captain. Petro and Gait wouldn’t be interested? Benson at Maryland wouldn’t be interested? North Carolina wouldn’t be interested in his leadership and points with their young team? And many coaches would indeed factor in the impact of a fresh start.

You are not even thinking before posting.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

LongIslandLacks wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:43 pm Don’t discount the damage done to the psyche by Milliman. A fresh start with a supportive coach, and you might very well see the old Joey or better.
No chance. Physically, he isn't the same
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

LongIslandLacks wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:43 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Doc,

DocBarrister
Don’t discount the damage done to the psyche by Milliman. A fresh start with a supportive coach, and you might very well see the old Joey or better.
Except he was struggling under the last days of Petro too. Everyone here wanted to blame the knee. I’m not so sure that was the problem
DougELax

Post by DougELax »

So many chances to get it to 3. Too many turnovers and poor clearing, but the kids are trying hard.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:45 pm
LongIslandLacks wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:43 pm Don’t discount the damage done to the psyche by Milliman. A fresh start with a supportive coach, and you might very well see the old Joey or better.
Could be the case. Connor Reed was never the same after his injury. Neither was Drew. Hopefully Joey gets it back.
“I wish you would!”
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:51 pm
Could be the case. Connor Reed was never the same after his injury. Neither was Drew. Hopefully Joey gets it back.
Both of those guys went under the knife.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

flalax22 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:46 pm
LongIslandLacks wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:43 pm

DocBarrister

DocBarrister
Doc,

DocBarrister
Except he was struggling under the last days of Petro too. Everyone here wanted to blame the knee. I’m not so sure that was the problem
He is still a pretty good player with all of his “problems”.

Last game as a starter against Delaware, he only put 3 shots out of 10 on goal. Still, he assisted on 3 goals with 3 different players and scored a goal unassisted.

If that’s horrible, I will take horrible compared to what we have seen today.

And any coach who plays mind games with a three-time captain should state clearly why he’s doing that. We haven’t heard any clear explanation yet.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:51 pm
Used to be able to stop on a dime and explode into a change of direction. He simply can't do that anymore. There may be other stuff going on but that's the root of the issue. Still, he need to be out there in some capacity, if only as an off-ball wing shooter
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Why doesn’t Epstein play? This is sad.
HillsLax

Post by HillsLax »

The nonsense spewed by the uniformed is stunning. I have not heard anyone with any real information regarding Joey Epstein, but one character has him under a psychological microscope. "Don't dominate the rap, Jack, unless you got something new to say."
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

He has definitely lost a step, but he shouldn’t need that extra step in a purported motion offense. He’s mobile enough.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

credit to the rutgers community. they've built a very strong program despite some big offseason losses.

narewski was good, the defense was better in the second half.

the offense was lost and you have to think the major changes that began w/last weeks lineup are only the beginning.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

I've heard that Joey turns the ball over too much, but then I see 17 turnovers without him even playing today.

And then there's the move to DSsimone to midfield. 1 goal on 5 shots. Turned into an alley dodger.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”