Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:40 pm
GSP wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:39 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:35 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:27 pm Love having Krampf taking shots from the right wing in transition rather than Epstein. Definitely what you want
Yep. Why leave the shot to a guy with 19 goals when you can have it taken by a player with 1 goal?

If it’s a disciplinary thing … fine.

If it’s an attempt to “shake things up”, it’s pure idiocy. Practically begging Epstein to transfer.

DocBarrister
Where would he be accepted as a transfer?
I’m sure there are at least a dozen teams that would love to have him.

DocBarrister
Brecht is talking to him at halftime
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

tough skipping over the d3 and epstein transfer convos in game.
GSP

Post by GSP »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:02 pm tough skipping over the d3 and epstein transfer convos in game.
At least they are distractions from witnessing this blowout game.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:01 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:40 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:27 pm Love having Krampf taking shots from the right wing in transition rather than Epstein. Definitely what you want
Yep. Why leave the shot to a guy with 19 goals when you can have it taken by a player with 1 goal?

If it’s an attempt to “shake things up”, it’s pure idiocy. Practically begging Epstein to transfer.

DocBarrister
Where would he be accepted as a transfer?
I’m sure there are at least a dozen teams that would love to have him.

DocBarrister
Brecht is talking to him at halftime
Tillman is already in the locker room.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

I think it would be wise for Epstein to transfer almost anywhere that a coach is supportive and wants to make the young man feel like he is valued. A coach/player relationship can really be a make it/break it sort of thing in many personality types. That is the reason I support the transfer portal. I think for whatever reason Epstein and Milliman do not click. Epstein seems to have lost his confidence, drive and his love of the game. He certainly has the talent and I hope that he can go somewhere else and regain his passion and drive and marry that with his talent. It does not appear that he has been treated well by Milliman since the day the new coach stepped on campus. Not blaming either, sometimes people just do not click well. I have experienced a similar circumstance and I can say that a new coach with a different coaching style would be a great thing for the young man. Honestly, I think Md or Rutgers might be the answer. Love to see him succeed in the Big Ten.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

FlyEaglesFly wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:56 pm
Wheels wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:55 pm
FlyEaglesFly wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:54 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:51 pm
FlyEaglesFly wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:48 pm I wonder if a place like Georgetown would be a good spot for Epstein. I’ve seen what they’ve done with Alex Trippi this year - seems like they’ve gotten the very best out of him.
Feels like Benson would be all over him but that's a pretty stacked depth chart
Is he good enough to play there?
Yes. He'd start alongside of Malever and Dan Kelly. No brainer.
I don’t think he’s better than Spanos. He’s looked pretty bad the last couple years.
Spanos appears to be red-shirting this year, so he's still a bit of an unknown (even though I heard he impressed in the fall). But a fifth-year, fully grown Epstein who scored 70+ points as a freshman? It's wild he's not starting for Hopkins right now. Don't care how many turnovers he has. He's better than anything I'm seeing at attack for Hop in this game.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

lol such a soft call
DougELax

Post by DougELax »

Benching Epstein has certainly stopped the turnovers. Good coaching there.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:02 pm tough skipping over the d3 and epstein transfer convos in game.
There used to be game threads separate for that type of discussion, particularly in game. Perhaps you should set one up if that’s what you want.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Just got back. What did I miss? Kirson still in or is that accountability only for Epstein and Deso?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

GSP wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:01 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:46 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:43 pm
HappyHourLax wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:42 pm

DocBarrister
Where would he be accepted as a transfer? Where could he start?
A decent coach could get the best out of him and work him into their team. I hate to say it but a change of scenery might be in his best interest at this point.
I'd 100% graduate and then go get a grad degree somewhere else if I were him. He's the leading scorer and isn't sniffing the field while the rest of these dudes score 2 goals in a half. #Culture!
I’m happy to be patient with this coaching staff. As said often by you and others, they haven’t even brought in their first recruiting class. We are in agreement there.

But if Coach Milliman and his staff cause a three-time captain to transfer?

That’s a firing offense in my book.

DocBarrister
Doc,
You were going to name those "at least a dozen" teams that would accept him. Crickets!

Only teams that had a VERY strong chance for a national championship, would disrupt their programs by bringing in a 1 and done, 5'10", 180 lb, transfer. What about loyalty to guys already in your program waiting for a shot?

Are you not embarrassed to make bold statements but the hide and refuse to even attempt to justify them?
Your post is ridiculously naive and ignores the transfer wave of the past two years.

I’m sure Rutgers would accept his transfer. Ditto for Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan. Denver? Duke? North Carolina? Syracuse? Notre Dame? Maryland (with Benson)? Jacksonville? Loyola?

There’s a dozen for you, and I don’t think we would be close to finished.

And loyalty to current players on the roster?!? Are you kidding me??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winning is all about preserving a six-figure salary these days.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Subbing Krampf and Bauer over and over for eachother whenever one makes a turnover is genuinely hilarious. They've combined for 1 pt and 100 turnovers. Still no Epstein
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

rutgers just doesn't have to slide.
HappyHourLax

Post by HappyHourLax »

Nice little quarter here. Good to see them have a bit of fight.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:26 pm rutgers just doesn't have to slide.
True, but JHU was getting a half step on all those pass down picks downs to get topside. Just not pulling the trigger
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
LongIslandLacks

Post by LongIslandLacks »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:21 pm
GSP wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:01 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:46 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:43 pm
HappyHourLax wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:42 pm

DocBarrister
Where would he be accepted as a transfer? Where could he start?
A decent coach could get the best out of him and work him into their team. I hate to say it but a change of scenery might be in his best interest at this point.
I'd 100% graduate and then go get a grad degree somewhere else if I were him. He's the leading scorer and isn't sniffing the field while the rest of these dudes score 2 goals in a half. #Culture!
I’m happy to be patient with this coaching staff. As said often by you and others, they haven’t even brought in their first recruiting class. We are in agreement there.

But if Coach Milliman and his staff cause a three-time captain to transfer?

That’s a firing offense in my book.

DocBarrister
Doc,
You were going to name those "at least a dozen" teams that would accept him. Crickets!

Only teams that had a VERY strong chance for a national championship, would disrupt their programs by bringing in a 1 and done, 5'10", 180 lb, transfer. What about loyalty to guys already in your program waiting for a shot?

Are you not embarrassed to make bold statements but the hide and refuse to even attempt to justify them?
Your post is ridiculously naive and ignores the transfer wave of the past two years.

I’m sure Rutgers would accept his transfer. Ditto for Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan. Denver? Duke? North Carolina? Syracuse? Notre Dame? Maryland (with Benson)? Jacksonville? Loyola?

There’s a dozen for you, and I don’t think we would be close to finished.

And loyalty to current players on the roster?!? Are you kidding me??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winning is all about preserving a six-figure salary these days.

DocBarrister
Epstein is a proven performer. Can’t imagine he does not enter the portal, land somewhere with a coach needing wins, and (quite possibly) pays it back to Milliman.

That said, a lot of effort on the field tonight by both squads. I hate the train horn thing that Rutgers plays after goals.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:25 pm Subbing Krampf and Bauer over and over for eachother whenever one makes a turnover is genuinely hilarious. They've combined for 1 pt and 100 turnovers. Still no Epstein
And this is a winnable game, despite the Blue Jays’ incredibly sloppy play.

Can anyone else cite a single team in the 140 years of lacrosse history that benched or demoted a three-time captain and another of their top three scorers, apparently without any disciplinary issues being involved?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:28 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:26 pm rutgers just doesn't have to slide.
True, but JHU was getting a half step on all those pass down picks downs to get topside. Just not pulling the trigger
Just like that. 😎
~Livy

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

HappyHourLax wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:27 pm Nice little quarter here. Good to see them have a bit of fight.
Against a team which, IMO, has come out flat in the 2nd half. They went into teh lockerroom at halftime with the attitude, 'hey, we got this' and then have let down somewhat. Just don't see the Rutgers urgency on offense. instead, let's play catch for awhile adn burn clock
Last edited by Big Dog on Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HillsLax

Post by HillsLax »

Does anyone have any real information about Joey Epstein? Lots of bloviating and speculating, but not any facts. When I saw him play in Denver, my take was he could and needed to play much better--other than the Towson game, not much special. If he is truly underperforming, what message is sent by keeping him in the game?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”