NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ah23

Re: NESCAC

Post by ah23 »

the_fish_whist1er wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:03 am When any of these NESCAC schools play anyone below the mason dixon line i think they are done. A Salisbury, York, CNU, GBurg would handle the top nescacs from the defenses i have seen so far this season.
Attachments
55971F0E-507F-441F-8667-1FA22A7FC652.jpeg
55971F0E-507F-441F-8667-1FA22A7FC652.jpeg (67.49 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
9B5BE832-A6B5-430C-A254-0F0640B6BAE6.jpeg
9B5BE832-A6B5-430C-A254-0F0640B6BAE6.jpeg (74.92 KiB) Viewed 2071 times
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

ah23 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:24 am
the_fish_whist1er wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:03 am When any of these NESCAC schools play anyone below the mason dixon line i think they are done. A Salisbury, York, CNU, GBurg would handle the top nescacs from the defenses i have seen so far this season.
Haha, blanket statements simply don't work with D3 lax. Especially concerning regional quality of teams.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

clearly a blanket statement. But CNU 15-2 over Williams doesn’t look great either.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:07 am clearly a blanket statement. But CNU 15-2 over Williams doesn’t look great either.
I would have expected many more Williams goals, but occasionally they can't get over 10. Indeed a poor showing, especially if you travel all the way to VA from MA.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

CrimsonRed wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:07 pm
Lights out vs. Midd. He went 21-26
He’s very talented, but consider that he was up against two freshman in the first game of the season.
Such a lose lose comment...all I hear about middlebury is their talented freshmen (who are very good)...can't have it both ways....
SaltCounty

Post by SaltCounty »

Williams, and the league, get a boost with an RPI win over RIT.
That was probably a quality win, that just became a certain quality win for Williams.
William's losses continue to be quality losses (CNU, Union, Bowdoin)
And they can still score 2 more wins that will likely end up quality, in Tufts and Midd

The Middlebury loss is not a bad loss for Tufts.
Midd has a lot of (potentially) quality opponents left (SLU, Williams, Amherst/Wesleyan pending little 3 results)
They only have quality losses with yesterday's RPI win (Bowdoin, Union, RPI)
But the Lynchburg win will not be as strong for Tufts, with their loss to unranked W & L (going off USILA)

Bowdoin is in great shape, as they should be at 9-0.
They definitely benefit from the layout of their schedule:
-Early W over a Middlebury that's getting hot... which only makes it a stronger W.
-Early(ish) W's over the Little 3 w/ big implications ahead for each... making any of the 3 a stronger W
-Getting a Tufts team later in the season, in a year where they are showing some deficits... which still should/could be a strong W.

The only concern for them - is there a lack of a learning curve up to this point, that could otherwise make them stronger, smarter, etc?
You'd hate to see what's been an amazing start fall short of what could be an exciting run, with a late season lapse.
And in no way suggesting there will be - they have the team that could finish perfect!

But if they stumble late in the regular season, and they lose a NESCAC Quarterfinal game, it's not the strongest 2-3 loss resume.
In that scenario, they will have 0 quality wins OOC to help them.
A 2-3 loss Tufts / Williams that makes it to NESCAC Semifinals, does have quality OOC wins - does that help them?
That final game with Tufts has massive implications for Pool C.
If they finish strong, beat the Jumbos and / or make NESCAC Semifinals - I believe they are a lock for Pool C.

This is likely a season the NESCAC sends 3.
Of those three - it is a combination of Bowdoin, Tufts, Middlebury and Williams... right now.
Wesleyan has the schedule to insert themselves at the cost of Tufts, Midd & Williams, but the Colby loss means they'd need to win 2 of the 3.
Amherst probably would need the AQ no matter what - but is in position to spoil it for Midd / Williams; and even a Wesleyan that gets hot.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

I'm sure Tufts will bounce back fast and strong, but I found it amusing that they unexpectedly got kicked in the teeth in consecutive games immediately after a few days of being social media darlings with their throwback uniforms and bench mob antics.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

I thought the same until I watched the Amherst - Gettysburg game. CNU might be on a different level, but the rest of the south hasn't been that much more impressive (and I'm a Centennial fan!).
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Am I the only one who liked the Tufts throwbacks? Honestly I wish schools would do more of that. They're ugly as hell, but that's half the point!
LaxDad1963

Post by LaxDad1963 »

ah23 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:59 pm Am I the only one who liked the Tufts throwbacks? Honestly I wish schools would do more of that. They're ugly as hell, but that's half the point!
Disgusting. Especially when they debut them against a pathetic trinity team. I’d like to see them wear those jerseys against a Midd or Bowdoin team that has more grit than them. Jumbolaxtv has been awfully quiet since their back-to-back losses.
NESCACtracker

Post by NESCACtracker »

LaxDad1963 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:21 pm
ah23 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:59 pm Am I the only one who liked the Tufts throwbacks? Honestly I wish schools would do more of that. They're ugly as hell, but that's half the point!
Disgusting. Especially when they debut them against a pathetic trinity team. I’d like to see them wear those jerseys against a Midd or Bowdoin team that has more grit than them. Jumbolaxtv has been awfully quiet since their back-to-back losses.
Honestly, I have no doubt that Tufts will bounce back from these two losses. The question moving forward will be their defense. Pretty comical their starting LSM was a preseason 1st team all American, but has 10 GBs and 6 turn overs thus far this season. His stat line vs Midd this week… zeros across the board except for one turnover. Tufts might not deserve the over-rated slander, but Eymer might’ve had better luck in the job market than returning for a grad year.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

I liked the shorts
smoova

Post by smoova »

Good grief - there is nothing "pathetic" about a 4-3 Trinity team that may very well make the NESCAC tournament. If you don't like the throwback jerseys, or Tufts in general, just say so ... no need to trash the kids from Hartford.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

jmblxtv is no longer, drew innis and that og crew has since separated and they no longer produce content for the team. Big shame, the new content is lacking and is just some jabroni making insta like content on youtube with crappy music
Beezie14Lax

Post by Beezie14Lax »

Wow! The box score of Jumbos vs Panthers tells a tale.
Did Bredhal get off the bus? Did Middlebury just have the secret sauce? All we can know for sure is that Middlebury deserves a spot in the top 2. And they’re not #2.
LaxDad1963

Post by LaxDad1963 »

smoova wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:51 pm
Good grief - there is nothing "pathetic" about a 4-3 Trinity team that may very well make the NESCAC tournament. If you don't like the throwback jerseys, or Tufts in general, just say so ... no need to trash the kids from Hartford.
Trinity is pathetic and tufts jerseys aren’t worth a place in the top 10. Sorry to all the fans that want them in the top 10.
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

LaxDad1963 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:04 pm
Trinity is pathetic and tufts jerseys aren’t worth a place in the top 10. Sorry to all the fans that want them in the top 10.
Geesus... your dog die or something dude? Let's keep it civil.
LaxDad1963

Post by LaxDad1963 »

UpperCorner wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:19 pm
My dog is alive. . . And trinity has no impact on this nescac season. Sorry buddy.
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

LaxDad1963 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:28 pm
UpperCorner wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:19 pm
My dog is alive. . . And trinity has no impact on this nescac season. Sorry buddy.
Nope... not ur buddy. But it's clear what you are.
D3laxisgoated

Post by D3laxisgoated »

After watching a few games, Wesleyan is an interesting, very good team. Seemed to beat Hamilton with their patented zone, and have showed great man-to-man defense recently. And the offense is deep. Don't sleep on the cards..

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”