Nassau Section VIII

HS Boys Lacrosse
kr522

Re: Nassau Section VIII

Post by kr522 »

Congrats Murf….GC game was a clinic on shutting down your opponent. GC seemed to win every ground ball, most face offs, and was incredibly patient waiting for their chances…..playing D all day in that humidity had to have an effect on the Warriors.

MHS wasn’t meant to be. Very talented group and they fought hard to come back, i thought they would win it at the end, but something about that game felt “off” from the start. Between all the face off losses, and defensive troubles…..something I thought was evident in the win over GC earlier, it showed up at the worst time. But everyone who played yesterday should be proud of their effort/season, and congrats to Mt Sinai
Last edited by kr522 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

The sun came up today.Some young men and women were happy as hell.Many were understandably sad.Nevertheless,every participant in ANY sport should be proud to have participated and given their best.Reminds me of Long Island's own Teddy Roosevelt's brilliant message too all:

"It's not the critic who counts;not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles,or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. the credit belongs the man who is actually in the arena,whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood;who strives valiantly;who errs,who comes short again because there is no effort without error or shortcoming; but who does actually strives to ;who knows enthusiasms,the great devotions;who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement,and who at the worst,if he fails,at least fails while daring greatly,so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who nether know victory nor defeat".

ENJOY THE SUMMER!
kr522

Post by kr522 »

Yeah that might be my favorite quote. Enjoy the summer and see you next year!
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

kr522 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:14 am Yeah that might be my favorite quote. Enjoy the summer and see you next year!
BE WELL kr. I HOPE TO BE AROUND NEXT YEAR. :D
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

I see Garden City will be playing defending big school PA state champ Radnor this year.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:50 pm I see Garden City will be playing defending big school PA state champ Radnor this year.
Radnor is not on GC's schedule.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:32 pm
fordmaddoxford wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:50 pm I see Garden City will be playing defending big school PA state champ Radnor this year.
The game appears on both of their schedules for 4/2 on InsideLacrosse. It was scheduled to be played at a neutral site somewhere in the swamps of Jersey. However Radnor’s calendar now has them scrimmaging Malvern on that date. So, alas, it looks like it’s off.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:59 am
The game appears on both of their schedules for 4/2 on InsideLacrosse. It was scheduled to be played at a neutral site somewhere in the swamps of Jersey. However Radnor’s calendar now has them scrimmaging Malvern on that date. So, alas, it looks like it’s off.

Must have had their tires slashed and almost crashed trying to get to the game.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Heard CSH scrimmaged Hinghman (MA) this morning. Any one catch it?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Is Terenzi injured? I noticed he didn't have any points against Floral Park.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Manhasset 15 John Jay 7 Final.

Was 5-4 Manhasset after 1st quarter, not much of a game after that point.

Manhasset is incredibly explosive, their offense might be the best on LI save for St Anthony's and right up there with Mt. Sinai...Can't wait for the rematch in the LIC's!

They just don't stop putting pressure on you offensively, their ride is tremendous and they can turn it into goals within seconds. Impressive. Strong, albeit young D as well.

Joe
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Goal play looks like a relative weakness. Godfrey > Diskin. Cal Girard is lights out. Rielly very impressive. Terenzi played. May have missed the last game. Take the over in the LIC.
Last edited by fordmaddoxford on Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

Good to see with Manhasset, I kind of wish they would tinker with their OOC schedule a bit and replace John Jay "rivalry" with someone from Suffolk, or back to a game vs the MIAA. looks like GC is off to a hot start.....beating up Syosset and Ward Melville. Chaminade too for that matter.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

kr522 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:06 am Good to see with Manhasset, I kind of wish they would tinker with their OOC schedule a bit and replace John Jay "rivalry" with someone from Suffolk, or back to a game vs the MIAA. looks like GC is off to a hot start.....beating up Syosset and Ward Melville. Chaminade too for that matter.
I agree with you regarding John Jay. I think you will see that rivalry go away within the next few years. It just doesn't benefit Manhasset anymore these days. St Anthony's is not a set in stone OOC matchup, so that spot will always rotate, hence the first-time matchup up in Ridgefield this season. Don't believe they have ever played them. Used to play New Canaan years back, but never Ridgefield. Would like to seem them play Fairfield Prep as well.

Potential OOO additions I would like to see added in the next few years:
Haverford School (PA)
McDonogh School (MD)
Gonzaga (DC)
Gilman School (MD)
Mount Sinai- Won't happen as long as they are both in C because most years they will meet in the LIC. Remember, CSH is in "D" this year. So it will likely be Manhasset Vs Friends Academy in the C Final or something akin to that.
Northport- Used to play them.
Ward Melville- Have never played them.
Conestoga (PA)
Seton Hall Prep (NJ)-Would really like to see this matchup
Delbarton (NJ)
Don Bosco Prep (NJ)
Mountain Lakes (NJ)
Ridgewood (NJ)

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:52 pm Goal play looks like a relative weakness. Godfrey > Diskin. Cal Girard is lights out. Rielly very impressive. Terenzi played. May have missed the last game. Take the over in the LIC.

I agree regarding the goalie, they will likely turn to Godfrey. Their best goalie is a Freshman, I believe. Henry Griffith, 2025. He should be the starter beginning next season.

Joe
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:06 am Good to see with Manhasset, I kind of wish they would tinker with their OOC schedule a bit and replace John Jay "rivalry" with someone from Suffolk, or back to a game vs the MIAA. looks like GC is off to a hot start.....beating up Syosset and Ward Melville. Chaminade too for that matter.
John Jay in a little bit of a down stretch. I agree though, I would like to see Manhasset play someone else. The problem is Suffolk teams only have two non-league games. I would like to see Section 11 drop the schedule down to 12 games to give the teams a little more flexibility. There's really no need for the two extra in-division games, which are almost always lopsided games.

I remember when we played a home and home with Manhasset, what a thrill. I still remember the 2006 game. Would love to see that series resume.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

LI13 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:22 am
John Jay in a little bit of a down stretch. I agree though, I would like to see Manhasset play someone else. The problem is Suffolk teams only have two non-league games. I would like to see Section 11 drop the schedule down to 12 games to give the teams a little more flexibility. There's really no need for the two extra in-division games, which are almost always lopsided games.

I remember when we played a home and home with Manhasset, what a thrill. I still remember the 2006 game. Would love to see that series resume.
LI13,

2006 matchup was a great game! Molinari scored the game-winner for Manhasset I believe. Good times.

Joe
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:59 am
The game was played at the HUN school this morning. Both schedules were incorrect. GC won 11-8.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:02 pm Manhasset 15 John Jay 7 Final.

Manhasset is incredibly explosive, their offense might be the best on LI save for St Anthony's and right up there with Mt. Sinai...Can't wait for the rematch in the LIC's!

They just don't stop putting pressure on you offensively, their ride is tremendous, and they can turn it into goals within seconds. Impressive. Strong, albeit young D as well.

Joe
Pleased to see Terenzi scored. I'm looking ahead to next year. UVA is losing a bunch of scorers. He should fit it well.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:44 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:02 pm Manhasset 15 John Jay 7 Final.

They just don't stop putting pressure on you offensively, their ride is tremendous, and they can turn it into goals within seconds. Impressive. Strong, albeit young D as well.

Joe
Pleased to see Terenzi scored. I'm looking ahead to next year. UVA is losing a bunch of scorers. He should fit it well.
Agreed, really good player they are getting.

Joe

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”