St. Joe’s 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxmaninamillion

Re: St. Joe’s 2022

Post by Laxmaninamillion »

Not many would have seen this team at 5-1. Between them and Drexel, Philly lax is doing well.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I know west Philly can be shaky but you threw UPenn out of the city? That’s some hardcore Philly fans!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Laxmaninamillion

Post by Laxmaninamillion »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:36 am I know west Philly can be shaky but you threw UPenn out of the city? That’s some hardcore Philly fans!
LOL. Everyone knew Penn would be good. Three good teams is great for Philly Lax.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Fair enough. Think everyone knew St Joes would be in the mix in the NEC. The PSU and Towson wins are nice but I’m sure Wray has circled the Bryant and Hobart games. No idea what has happened to Bryant this year as they look unhinged but can’t the Pressler for granted.

Funny Philly (and miserable Red Sox fans too) story: was at I think the last home game at the Vet (or one of very last it was a rain make up from earlier in the summer) vs the Red Sox. Final score was like 15-13, neither trans relievers could keep from getting shelled. I’m in center field and between angry Philly and Sox fans yelling at each other as Jose Mesa and Byung Hung Kim are giving up homers left and right “yo I’ll trade my sh**ty reliever for your sh**ty reliver” to a response more or less of “f**i that lets get rid of both of these a**holes!”
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
laxfan345

Post by laxfan345 »

What the heck do the Hawks have to do get ranked? There are teams that are ranked that the Hawks are clearly better than.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

laxfan345 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:54 am What the heck do the Hawks have to do get ranked? There are teams that are ranked that the Hawks are clearly better than.
Because St. Joe's beat who? The 2-7 Penn State team or the 3-6 Towson team?

I am not saying that the Hawks aren't better than a couple of these top 20 teams. But they don't have a single win against a top 20 RPI team. Not even close. And they lost to Delaware and Drexel who are clearly not top 20 RPI squads. That is how it works.

I would worry less about rankings. The Hawks should win their conference and get a bid into the NCAAs. An at-large bid for them with their remaining schedule is more than a pipe dream. Not happening. I feel good about their chances to win the NEC and get into the NCAAs. They have a nice team this year.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Henpecked wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:12 am
laxfan345 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:54 am What the heck do the Hawks have to do get ranked? There are teams that are ranked that the Hawks are clearly better than.

I am not saying that the Hawks aren't better than a couple of these top 20 teams. But they don't have a single win against a top 20 RPI team. Not even close. And they lost to Delaware and Drexel who are clearly not top 20 RPI squads. That is how it works.

I would worry less about rankings. The Hawks should win their conference and get a bid into the NCAAs. An at-large bid for them with their remaining schedule is more than a pipe dream. Not happening. I feel good about their chances to win the NEC and get into the NCAAs. They have a nice team this year.
Hobart has fallen apart the past couple weeks.
On the other hand, I watched quite a bit of that game,
and the Bryant team I saw looked vastly improved.

So, get past Bryant again ?
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

very fair assessment. Still think their best lacrosse is ahead of them. 2 big challenges at X the next 2 weeks. Zach Cole has been great but has not faced the likes of Shea or the Bryant duo to date.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Is Zach Cole using his 5th year at SJU? Asking for a friend.....
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

oldbartman wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:57 pm Is Zach Cole using his 5th year at SJU? Asking for a friend.....
I’ve mentioned this several times, he’s supposedly not
in the portal,

sure sounds like he’s staying.
bam1972

Post by bam1972 »

Laxbuck wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:45 pm

very fair assessment. Still think their best lacrosse is ahead of them. 2 big challenges at X the next 2 weeks. Zach Cole has been great but has not faced the likes of Shea or the Bryant duo to date.
Honestly they didn't look great against Wagner who is not a very good team. So thy didn't do themselves any favors this past week. I am a big fan of St. Joes, but I think its a fair assessment of who have they really beaten, and they have lost to two so so teams. Unfortunately they also play in a conference that really does not look very good this year. Going to be hard to get ranked in the top 20. Best thing would be to beat the rest of the NEC teams convincingly, win their conference tournament, and show well in the post season game against a good team.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:52 pm
oldbartman wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:57 pm Is Zach Cole using his 5th year at SJU? Asking for a friend.....
I’ve mentioned this several times, he’s supposedly not
in the portal,

sure sounds like he’s staying.
That's what I was afraid of. Not sure how this affects recruiting. It's always good to go against excellent competition.
laxfan345

Post by laxfan345 »

bam1972 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:22 pm

Honestly they didn't look great against Wagner who is not a very good team. So thy didn't do themselves any favors this past week. I am a big fan of St. Joes, but I think its a fair assessment of who have they really beaten, and they have lost to two so so teams. Unfortunately they also play in a conference that really does not look very good this year. Going to be hard to get ranked in the top 20. Best thing would be to beat the rest of the NEC teams convincingly, win their conference tournament, and show well in the post season game against a good team.

I watched the Wagner game...Wagner likes to really slow the ball down, be very deliberate on Offense. I think that kept the Hawks from really getting going
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

He has announced publicly that he is returning
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

laxfan345 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:09 am
bam1972 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:22 pm

I watched the Wagner game...Wagner likes to really slow the ball down, be very deliberate on Offense. I think that kept the Hawks from really getting going
This has been particularly true in 3rd and 4th quarters when they have held big leads. They took long possessions on purpose to bleed the clock in the Providence/Monmouth/Penn St/Towson/Mount St Mary/Wagner games.

Shots and offensive efficiency much lower in the 2nd half of games.

Upcoming games will need 4 quarters of efficient offense
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

10stone5 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 3:02 pm Congratulations Saint Joseph’s on your first NCAA :!:

St. Joe’s was Zero wins, Twelve losses just ten short years
ago under that poor bad luck but great guy Pat Cullinan (RIP).

Hopefully this makes up for Sean Evans, all those beatings he and
his teammates withstood :!:
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

And also,

within three years St. Joe’s won 11 games and was in the
NEC finals, it took eight more years to actually win the
conference finals,

so congratulations to all those guys who worked to get the
Hawks to this point, this NCAA is for them,

Mike Rastivo, Charlie Guinta, Sean Evans, Kevin Forster,
Will McNamara, Mike Adler, Sean Cullinan.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

A ton of contributors but this doesn’t happen without the leadership of Taylor Wray.

Nearly everyone back in 2023
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Congratulation Hawks! Well played game. Now go show the rest of the lacrosse world what you and NEC teams are made of.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

oldbartman wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:27 pm Congratulation Hawks! Well played game. Now go show the rest of the lacrosse world what you and NEC teams are made of.
Thank you!
Betting rematch with Penn

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”