ODAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
droliver

Re: ODAC 2022

Post by droliver »

FerrumLaxDad wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:44 pm Last nights game shows that Lynchburg has a lot they need to work on in the defensive end if they are going to be a national championship contender this year.

Lynchburg is a very good D3 team, but pretty clearly not a NC contender this year.

They have been beaten rather soundly by the 3 of the clear 4 top teams (Salisbury, CNU, Tufts), whom along with RIT, are playing at another level from the rest of the field. There's not much reason to think a rematch with those teams would have a different outcome. They may in fact be the #5 best team in D3 this year, but there's such a large separation on the field with the top 4 it seem implausible they have a team that's going to be competing the championship weekend.
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

Looking like another Burg W&L year. Next weekend is gonna be big
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

W&L NOKE fun to watch
4 goal run to begin the 3rd and they held on after a slow 1st Q. Looked like they have Witherall running top side as they try to punch up more O.
Spags. Very good bailing out defense often. Some poor shooting by NOKE but also some excellent saves.
Gave up 3 of 4 UP goals which may hurt against LYN who plays faster and may draw more flags..
15-8 FO for W&L a good sign. They will need higher % vs. LYN.
LYN starters Dylan Wolfe - Brett Rogers both sat this Saturday as they nurse leg injuries. I assume to be ready to go vs W&L. LYN is deep but they both able to create and score making that starting group very tough.
LYN at home and wants to host so buckle up..
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

First time poster, long time reader.
Important week for seeding purposes, can W&L pull off an upset at Lynchburg? Will need another massive game from Spagnoletti and to keep it tight at the face off X. W&L is coming along, they’re battle tested now. Should be interesting to see how both teams play with a full week of practice/rest. I have a feeling Lynchburg will be motivated and ready to go.
Noke and Sydney should be interesting. If Roanoke shoots it like they did vs WL, could see a similar result. 2 teams that struggle on face offs. Both like to face off with poles. Sydney probably has a slight edge.
Bridgewater/Randy Mac, I’d like to think Randy Mac wins but hard to say. Interested to hear your thoughts
Bert Macklin

Post by Bert Macklin »

BigFella wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:10 pm First time poster, long time reader.
Important week for seeding purposes, can W&L pull off an upset at Lynchburg? Will need another massive game from Spagnoletti and to keep it tight at the face off X. W&L is coming along, they’re battle tested now. Should be interesting to see how both teams play with a full week of practice/rest. I have a feeling Lynchburg will be motivated and ready to go.
Noke and Sydney should be interesting. If Roanoke shoots it like they did vs WL, could see a similar result. 2 teams that struggle on face offs. Both like to face off with poles. Sydney probably has a slight edge.
Bridgewater/Randy Mac, I’d like to think Randy Mac wins but hard to say. Interested to hear your thoughts
Yes I think big weekend for ODAC. Finaly getting into only ODAC play for these teams and I think this weekend will give us a feel for the top four seeds. LYN is the clear number one- has been for the last few season and don't see that changing. W&L feels like the two however, HSC has an argument. lost to W&L but, I don't think that is the team they will be come tournament time. W&L game they played awful but, I will say they where still figuring out face off and struggling to get production from middies which both seem to be trending upwards. The Roanoke HSC will be the test for both. Two very similar teams and this will show what each are made of. RMC is in the talk for 4 seed but, don't see them being 3.
allthingsODAC

Post by allthingsODAC »

Don't count Rostans tigers out, they are a young team on offense, lots of new guys figuring out a new system. Going to take so getting used to like Coach D says at Duke its not about how your playing in Feb and March but, how your playing at the end of April in May. Have always loved how the Rostans run their program and hope they hit the gas and get things rolling as they head into ODAC play
ODACWojBomb

Post by ODACWojBomb »

BIG ODAC game this weekend. Lynchburg hosts W&L. Since 2012, Lynchburg is 10-8 against W&L. The last decade has been even between these two squads. Although both teams seem to have taken a step back in terms of competitiveness, I think this will make for a classic matchup between the two rivals. Will Lynchburg finally beat W&L in the regular season with hopes of hosting the ODAC Tournament? Or will W&L turn the tides of their season and beat down a Lynchburg team that has underperformed when playing relevant teams?

Any predictions?
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

LYN under the lights on Shellenburger field runs away with it 15-7
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:05 am LYN under the lights on Shellenburger field runs away with it 15-7
Have to agree, I think Lynchburg by 8-10
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Even with the best goalie in the conference I’m not expecting a repeat of last season when the Generals surprised Lynchburg with 19 saves... I don’t think they can crack 10 goals whereas I think Lynchburg will. Hoping for a good game from both teams great rivalry game
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

Call me a believer with no ties to the game, but I think W&L pulls off the upset. 11-10 W&L
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:38 pm Call me a believer with no ties to the game, but I think W&L pulls off the upset. 11-10 W&L
I love the call but I’ve seen too many games this year. They don’t dominate face offs like years past, the D is solid but this may be their weakest offensive unit that I can recall. They really can’t shoot, look at their extra man unit and top scorers shooting percentage. Factor in their high turnovers and you have anyone they play against that’s a competitive team and you watch just hoping they can win. Let’s hope for the best
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

One thing Lynchburg can do this year is put goals up as long as long as they have the ball. If W&L can win at the dot and control the ball the game will be close. If they let Lynchburg have the ball on O, it may get out of hand. Hoping for a close a game as it makes it better viewing
Last edited by 2laxers on Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

Noke came back from a 12-6 deficit to win 21-16 vs Mary Wash. Both defenses looked woeful. Noke outscored UMW 15-5 in 2H. Good fight back vs a pretty below average Mary Washington team on the road. Mary wash had 5? Goals by longsticks. Take the win but going to need a better day defensively and in net vs HSC. I don’t think HSC is giving up a six goal lead. The offense played well, got what they wanted but take it with a grain of salt. That Mary wash defense couldn’t stop anyone.
Noke struggled at the x. Sydney struggled at the x as well one week ago.
Same Mary wash team Sydney beat by 8 last week.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

2laxers wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:17 pm One thing Lynchburg can do this year is put goals up as long as long as they have the ball. If W&L can win at the dot and control the ball the game will be close. If they let Lynchburg have the ball on O, it may get out of hand. Hoping for a close a game as it makes it better viewing
It’s definitely strength vs strength as W&L tends to play good defense and get good goaltending this year. They’ve held most of their opponents to their season low in goals. They also force a lot of bad shots, no team has been higher than 26% shooting against them this year - that was their season opener vs Catholic.

Your right FOs will play a major role, riding and clearing a major role. With each having a full week to prepare might we see some wrinkles from 1 or both teams?
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Lynchburg may add a new offensive set. They have been running the offensive set for quite a while now. Or they may hold on to showing something new until they need it.
zonedef

Post by zonedef »

BigFella wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:43 pm Noke came back from a 12-6 deficit to win 21-16 vs Mary Wash. Both defenses looked woeful. Noke outscored UMW 15-5 in 2H. Good fight back vs a pretty below average Mary Washington team on the road. Mary wash had 5? Goals by longsticks. Take the win but going to need a better day defensively and in net vs HSC. I don’t think HSC is giving up a six goal lead. The offense played well, got what they wanted but take it with a grain of salt. That Mary wash defense couldn’t stop anyone.
Watched the game, UMW has one FOGO and won a majority today. Tale of two halves in scoring. Noke is not what it used to be. CNU and Salisbury will be taking the additional spots in the NCAA tourney.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

The UMW Noke game felt like whoever won the faceoffs was going to win the game. looked like the NESCAC out there with neither team playing defense. UMW has really struggled in the second half this year and it showed yesterday.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

BigFella wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:43 pm Noke came back from a 12-6 deficit to win 21-16 vs Mary Wash. Both defenses looked woeful. Noke outscored UMW 15-5 in 2H. Good fight back vs a pretty below average Mary Washington team on the road. Mary wash had 5? Goals by longsticks. Take the win but going to need a better day defensively and in net vs HSC. I don’t think HSC is giving up a six goal lead. The offense played well, got what they wanted but take it with a grain of salt. That Mary wash defense couldn’t stop anyone.
Was fairly surprised this game was competitive as it was. Mary Wash seemed pretty unimpressive against the Tigers with the score being 16-4 after three. Mary Wash couldn't get anything going on offense until H-SC emptied the bench in the 4th quarter. They look pretty pedestrian vs. Shenandoah and Randolph-Macon as well. Perhaps Roanoke was just overlooking them and got it together at halftime.
BigFella

Post by BigFella »

thescottharris wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:27 pm
Was fairly surprised this game was competitive as it was. Mary Wash seemed pretty unimpressive against the Tigers with the score being 16-4 after three. Mary Wash couldn't get anything going on offense until H-SC emptied the bench in the 4th quarter. They look pretty pedestrian vs. Shenandoah and Randolph-Macon as well. Perhaps Roanoke was just overlooking them and got it together at halftime.
Yeah Mary wash is not good. Don’t know if it’s overlooking them so much as the Noke defense not being able to generate stops and Lewis not bailing them out. I’d expect a mixed bag from the Roanoke defense on Saturday. They like to zone off the end line, some shorty shuts, anything to keep HSC guessing. Sydney’s solid but they are not deep by any means. Historically, I would think Noke would speed them up, pretty dependent on how things are going at the x as always.
Either way should be a good tilt.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”