Towson

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Math1234

Re: Towson

Post by Math1234 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:18 am This team has given up 6 goals to a player in 4 of 6 losses. Denver’s Jack Hannah was on everyone’s preseason AA list He had 6 goals yesterday. Last week ONeil had 6 goals for Duke. My point don’t let the best players beat you! After 3 goals, don’t you say - hey maybe we should play him tight? Hannahs goals were scored from the weak side being left unguarded or late slides. He is a player you target.

Milani is a sophomore with potential. He was productive with Alvanzato last year on attack. Shilling is fine, but more of a complimentary player. Milani can create, dodge, feed, and will not shy away from being a ball carrier. And, he is a 4 yr recruit that will only get better. Shilling should play, and is a nice addition. But he is a 5th yr/ 1 yr guy @ Towson. Maybe try rotating 2-3 Attackman. Everyone else subs out the box every 20 seconds, why can’t the attack?

Faceoffs are a problem. However, they have gone up vs the very best fogos in D1. When you are losing 60% my adjustment would be to change up the personnel. Go man1 for 2, man 2 for 2, long pole for 2. When you do that you are least trying to disrupt the rhythm of these top fogos. Id give Drew Martin a shot. He has a good stick w size and possibly help w ground balls after the whistle. At least the CAA is not loaded w fogos this year, that’s a positive.

Evan Long was 60% vs Denver. And, vs Duke he was 75% in the first half . Right now he is the best goalie on the roster, and his potential is enough to keep him as the starter. Brennan could get some opportunities later on.
I like Milani, but not sure he can create, dodge and feed, or he would be a productive middie on the first unit. Had just three assists last year with 22 goals. Should be playing attack.

Evan Long was terrific yesterday. Nads will have a tough decision if Brennan is healthy enough to play against Drexel.
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

Math1234 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:51 am
Mr3Putt wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:18 am This team has given up 6 goals to a player in 4 of 6 losses. Denver’s Jack Hannah was on everyone’s preseason AA list He had 6 goals yesterday. Last week ONeil had 6 goals for Duke. My point don’t let the best players beat you! After 3 goals, don’t you say - hey maybe we should play him tight? Hannahs goals were scored from the weak side being left unguarded or late slides. He is a player you target.

Milani is a sophomore with potential. He was productive with Alvanzato last year on attack. Shilling is fine, but more of a complimentary player. Milani can create, dodge, feed, and will not shy away from being a ball carrier. And, he is a 4 yr recruit that will only get better. Shilling should play, and is a nice addition. But he is a 5th yr/ 1 yr guy @ Towson. Maybe try rotating 2-3 Attackman. Everyone else subs out the box every 20 seconds, why can’t the attack?

Faceoffs are a problem. However, they have gone up vs the very best fogos in D1. When you are losing 60% my adjustment would be to change up the personnel. Go man1 for 2, man 2 for 2, long pole for 2. When you do that you are least trying to disrupt the rhythm of these top fogos. Id give Drew Martin a shot. He has a good stick w size and possibly help w ground balls after the whistle. At least the CAA is not loaded w fogos this year, that’s a positive.

Evan Long was 60% vs Denver. And, vs Duke he was 75% in the first half . Right now he is the best goalie on the roster, and his potential is enough to keep him as the starter. Brennan could get some opportunities later on.
I like Milani, but not sure he can create, dodge and feed, or he would be a productive middie on the first unit. Had just three assists last year with 22 goals. Should be playing attack.

Evan Long was terrific yesterday. Nads will have a tough decision if Brennan is healthy enough to play against Drexel.
Brennan is the best goalie on the roster and gives them the best chance to win
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

sc lax wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:09 pm
Math1234 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:51 am

Brennan is the best goalie on the roster and gives them the best chance to win
Even if that's the case, that's the positive thing here that we have a future starter when Brennan leaves.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Long played great. If he was 90 percent and SB can play he will. SB has had a good, but injury riddled career. What he
Has gone through is mind blowing. He’s one of the leaders of team in many ways. If you had any pulse on Towson, you would know that. Philly cheese steaks, sat at 7pm after we start CAA 1-0
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Mr putt putt, great stuff, should learn the game before you post. Never read anything intelligent from you. You do seem to personally attack certain young men. Without knowing anything about them. That some real class buddy.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Neverplaydown wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:00 pm Mr putt putt, great stuff, should learn the game before you post. Never read anything intelligent from you. You do seem to personally attack certain young men. Without knowing anything about them. That some real class buddy.
Nothing that’s so off the wall from him.
If they’re going to look to this year and beyond,
entering CAA play,
now would be a good time to start Long over Brennan.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

10 stoned, another clueless dope. See you in Philly, come say hello.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Neverplaydown wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:14 am 10 stoned, another clueless dope. See you in Philly, come say hello.
What’s your problem,
flagged, blocked and reported to admin.

I can safely say, you know very little.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I reported you to admin,

Neverplaydown,

and have blocked you.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Neverplaydown wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:14 am 10 stoned, another clueless dope. See you in Philly, come say hello.
Mr Neverplaydown I hope your son plays great the rest of the way. And, I hope Towsons players & coaches go on a 5 game run. Most of my posts on the forum are based off stats. You said I was critical of some players ? It’s just based off stats nothing personal. Are you critical of others Mr Neverplaydown? You also mentioned how I know nothing about lacrosse. Here is some of the things you have said: the Ivy League is an embarrassment- well they have 6 teams in the top 20, you said Hopkins won’t win 5 games - they are 5-5- with 4-5 to play. You have criticized Hofstra up & down, and ripped the Tierneys for no apparent reason. You said Gary Gait is not a good coach - he just beat Duke on Saturday. You said save percentage doesn’t matter for goalies ? Really ? Save percentage is like ERA to a pitcher. It shows how you have performed with shots you have faced. Here are some of the top goalies in D1 w save percentage.McElroy - GT 63% , Peters Princeton -57% , Kirst Rutgers- 57%. Guess what, these three goalies will all be AA’s because they have a high save %. You also mentioned how Kirson @ Hopkins is not that good of a goalie. I will be back to post some critiques on Towson, or other teams. Go Tigers !
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Never, No personal attacks...
Raescreek

Post by Raescreek »

We stink...Starts at faceoff and continues through the midfield. Need more playmakers.

Hope we can go on a run in the CAA, but a far cry from 3 years ago...
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I wouldn’t go that far,

the CAA teams are feeling it much more than other
deeper leagues, its been talked about a lot, the loss of
the 5 year Covid player.

That said, there’s been a drop off in performances from
several of the top players as has been noted a lot here,
Nadelen seems to be constantly having to juggle the line
up to try and get the right mix of performers on the field.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

admin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:17 am
Never, No personal attacks...
Thanks admin,

that guy’s been getting out of hand,
heavy handed on any perceived slight of any kind.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

So the Towson board becomes like the Oscars overnight. Seriously, those of us who are fans, we want the best for this team and program. It starts on Saturday in Philadelphia. But because some of us care, mediocrity or less is unacceptable. We're 3-6 and have played one very good game against Loyola. One good half is not enough.
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

Math1234 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:14 pm So the Towson board becomes like the Oscars overnight. Seriously, those of us who are fans, we want the best for this team and program. It starts on Saturday in Philadelphia. But because some of us care, mediocrity or less is unacceptable. We're 3-6 and have played one very good game against Loyola. One good half is not enough.
Agree here. The CAA is gonna be a rock fight, and there won't be any pretty wins or losses. The key, like most have said, is to win faceoffs - the good news is that the CAA does not pose the amount of talent at the X that Towson has faced so far this year. They have played a very tough schedule, and as easy as it is to say this team is battle tested, it means nothing if they can't play a complete game. Hoping the reset button is hit, and a new team shows up on Saturday in Philly.
wallball9

Post by wallball9 »

They can't keep doing the same thing week after week and expect different results. There is a lot of wasted talent just standing around like Martin and Sillah - might be time to shake things up.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

wallball9 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:56 am They can't keep doing the same thing week after week and expect different results. There is a lot of wasted talent just standing around like Martin and Sillah - might be time to shake things up.
Is Mo hurt? Martin hasn't really been able to find a role. Is he a DMid? OMid? Face-off? He has some size and speed. You would think they'd be able to find a role for him somewhere. I haven't seen enough adjustments in non-conference to believe they will make any big ones in conference play.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

All five CAA teams are 54% or less in the faceoff dept. So, they should get in a flow offensively. They have been out scored 59 to 43 in the second half of games. Berkeley needs to get back to being the dodger. No goals last three games.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

After one, it's 5-2 Drexel. Game on Flo. Brennan and Koby Smith are back. After several great starts, now off to a bad start. Hard to figure out this team.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”