Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by youthathletics »

Happy for ya Dmac.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Uh-oh, the Big bad orange team from up I81 is Baaaaack, and when this team gets its mojo back, they can beat anyone. Also, having the team we all love to hate relevant again, it makes the Lax season that much more fun.
Cuse will be taking a huge leap in Joewillies weekly poll.
Dmac, we feel ya bro!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

joewillie78 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:44 pm Uh-oh, the Big bad orange team from up I81 is Baaaaack, and when this team gets its mojo back, they can beat anyone. Also, having the team we all love to hate relevant again, it makes the Lax season that much more fun.
Dmac, we feel ya bro!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I wouldn’t overstate this win. It’s a great win for Cuse and probably a must win for their season, but Duke has shown themselves to be vulnerable. While it keeps Cuse in the hunt, this game says more about where to rank Duke IMHO.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

rolldodge wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:48 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:44 pm Uh-oh, the Big bad orange team from up I81 is Baaaaack, and when this team gets its mojo back, they can beat anyone. Also, having the team we all love to hate relevant again, it makes the Lax season that much more fun.
Dmac, we feel ya bro!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I wouldn’t overstate this win. It’s a great win for Cuse and probably a must win for their season, but Duke has shown themselves to be vulnerable. While it keeps Cuse in the hunt, this game says more about where to rank Duke IMHO.
Cuse played a 60 min game which they haven't all year. Lot of credit for that. But Duke is really not much better than them; they're actually similar in a lot of ways. Minimal depth on offense, poor defensive midfield play. One thing Cuse has had that Duke doesn't seem to is consistent effort. Duke's a massive underachiever so far this year
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Dmac, we feel ya bro!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Should Duke even be ranked above Hopkins? Duke and Hopkins have played four teams in common: Jacksonville, Loyola, Delaware, and Syracuse. Blue Jays are 3-1 against those teams while Duke is 1-3.

Just sayin’ ….

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:06 pm
Dmac, we feel ya bro!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Should Duke even be ranked above Hopkins? Duke and Hopkins have played four teams in common: Jacksonville, Loyola, Delaware, and Syracuse. Blue Jays are 3-1 against those teams while Duke is 1-3.

Just sayin’ ….

DocBarrister ;)
Can’t say it doesn’t amuse me to see Hopkins, Duke, and Syracuse fighting for scraps.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

rolldodge wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:10 pm
Dmac, we feel ya bro!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Just sayin’ ….

DocBarrister ;)
Can’t say it doesn’t amuse me to see Hopkins, Duke, and Syracuse fighting for scraps.
Scraps?!? :shock: :o

We’ll take it!!!

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Dmac, we feel ya bro!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Just sayin’ ….

DocBarrister ;)
Not in Joewillies poll this week. Hopkins is definitely ahead of Duke.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
DMac

Post by DMac »

Was way off on the attendance, was 4,728. Sure looked and felt like more.
Lot to cheer about today, lot of electricity in the place, lot of noise.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

DMac wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:27 pm Was way off on the attendance, was 4,728. Sure looked and felt like more.
Lot to cheer about today, lot of electricity in the place, lot of noise.
They looked like a top 10 team today. Congrats on a great win.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
a fan

Post by a fan »

Dmac, we feel ya bro!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
+1
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

Nice to see a couple of weeks of improvement from the Orange. Beating SB and Duke may not mean much down the road and I still have doubts they're a Tournament team. but seeing consistent improvement in Gaits first year should be a good sign moving forward. As weird as it can still be to see Petro roaming the sideline in Cuse gear, I really appreciated hearing him mic'ed up in the huddles today. He has also had a nice embrace with Griffin Cook (who may be done for the year) on the bench after the game. Really like his passion, it's not hard to see why so many guys loved playing for him over the years.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:12 pm
rolldodge wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:10 pm
Dmac, we feel ya bro!
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Just sayin’ ….

DocBarrister ;)
Scraps?!? :shock: :o

We’ll take it!!!

DocBarrister ;)
Haha. Nice win by Hopkins today to keep them in the hunt.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Pensky Material wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:39 pm Nice to see a couple of weeks of improvement from the Orange. Beating SB and Duke may not mean much down the road and I still have doubts they're a Tournament team. but seeing consistent improvement in Gaits first year should be a good sign moving forward. As weird as it can still be to see Petro roaming the sideline in Cuse gear, I really appreciated hearing him mic'ed up in the huddles today. He has also had a nice embrace with Griffin Cook (who may be done for the year) on the bench after the game. Really like his passion, it's not hard to see why so many guys loved playing for him over the years.
Focused on Petro on the sidelines during play a little bit yesterday, he really is on that field mentally on every play, pass, GB, etc. His passion is incredible, a very intense boy who had to have been pretty happy with his D yesterday. They played a pretty good game with passion and intensity. The D was pretty to watch, they guarded their turf very nicely. Olexo and Kennedy are a couple of rough boys, you need to know where they are if you're going to tread in their territory. Both with good speed, both can play at the other end if they end up down there too.
MVP of the game is Phaup in my book. A really tough kid who came up with face offs at the most crucial time of the game coming down the stretch. He lost the face battle by one in the first quarter (no way they could be ahead then, right?), and lost it by one in the second quarter too. In the third quarter he won it by two, and coming down the stretch in the fourth quarter he won it by four which was just huge. Super nice play when he laid out to put a check on a long pole who had come up with the 50-50 ball, got it out of his stick and back on the ground and Cuse then came up with the ball. Pretty darn sure Cuse scored on that possession too. He's a very valuable asset to this team.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

DMac wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:52 am
Pensky Material wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:39 pm Nice to see a couple of weeks of improvement from the Orange. Beating SB and Duke may not mean much down the road and I still have doubts they're a Tournament team. but seeing consistent improvement in Gaits first year should be a good sign moving forward. As weird as it can still be to see Petro roaming the sideline in Cuse gear, I really appreciated hearing him mic'ed up in the huddles today. He has also had a nice embrace with Griffin Cook (who may be done for the year) on the bench after the game. Really like his passion, it's not hard to see why so many guys loved playing for him over the years.
Focused on Petro on the sidelines during play a little bit yesterday, he really is on that field mentally on every play, pass, GB, etc. His passion is incredible, a very intense boy who had to have been pretty happy with his D yesterday. They played a pretty good game with passion and intensity. The D was pretty to watch, they guarded their turf very nicely. Olexo and Kennedy are a couple of rough boys, you need to know where they are if you're going to tread in their territory. Both with good speed, both can play at the other end if they end up down there too.
MVP of the game is Phaup in my book. A really tough kid who came up with face offs at the most crucial time of the game coming down the stretch. He lost the face battle by one in the first quarter (no way they could be ahead then, right?), and lost it by one in the second quarter too. In the third quarter he won it by two, and coming down the stretch in the fourth quarter he won it by four which was just huge. Super nice play when he laid out to put a check on a long pole who had come up with the 50-50 ball, got it out of his stick and back on the ground and Cuse then came up with the ball. Pretty darn sure Cuse scored on that possession too. He's a very valuable asset to this team.
Phaup has been absolutley fantastic this season. Most people would probably say Dordevic is the team MVP but I'd say Phaup is a close second. Like you said his dominance in the 4th really helped the team put the game away. They're a really going to miss him next year.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Give this team its due. Have several known talents but quite shorthanded with numerous starters out but next man up mentality. Could easily have hung their heads after that pipes galore fiasco at homewood but didn't.

Gait coolness and Petro intensity are a combo that is helping , watching Petro run up and down sideline with cuse defender on clear in last ninety seconds was stirring show of fire in his belly.

Uplifting team win, back in hunt despite setbacks. Thinned out squad faces challenging schedule ahead but cant count out a fighter who gets up from mat.
Sidelinehorn!

Post by Sidelinehorn! »

Funny how quiet it is....
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Cuse having a though evening outside, in the rain, under the lights, on a school night.

11-7 UA 4:00 remain in 3rd
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Start thinking about next year.

You’ve got Hiltz back at hopefully 100%.
Finlay Thomson, Spallina, Dwan are coming in.
Maybe Petro Jr. will transfer in, I suspect he’d have to
put in one year at UNC.

They could turn things around quickly.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Curry holding his right arm still….but was still able to get off a shot for goal.

11-9 UA closing in.

Edit: and minutes later he’s back out there. Maybe a stinger in elbow?

11-10 end of 3rd
~Livy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”