Bauer power!
primitiveskills

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by primitiveskills »

What an absolutely horsecrap call that was
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:45 pm What an absolutely horsecrap call that was
Narewski clearly stepped in the goal mouth after he scored. Can't do that

Keogh's shot was horrible. That last goal is on him
a fan

Post by a fan »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:31 pm Speaking of Petro, how many times did we have to listen to him talk about acountability without ever holding anyone acountable. I like that we have a coach that isn't about empty talk.
It's a nice contrast in coaching styles, no?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Smartly played game by the Blue Jays today. Hard to recall the last time that could be said about this team.

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Kirson closing the door.

Credit to the staff for shaking up the lineup. Previous staff NEVER made that type of change. It paid off today.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

flalax22 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:01 pm Kirson closing the door.
Maybe I spoke too soon
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Credit to the staff for shaking up the lineup. Previous staff NEVER made that type of change. It paid off today.
Unless there is some sort of disciplinary issue, which is an entirely different thing … I don’t consider benching your leading scorer to be an exemplary coaching technique. If that’s what it took to bring chemistry to your offense, that’s not a good thing long term.

Blue Jays need Epstein down the road if they want to salvage the season.

But love the effort and production from some players who got more playing time today.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

flalax22 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:04 pm
Maybe I spoke too soon
One of those is in the offense, since there was no need for that 15th goal (on the open net). Should have just run by and burned more clock.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Big Dog wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:10 pm
Maybe I spoke too soon
One of those is in the offense, since there was no need for that 15th goal (on the open net). Should have just run by and burned more clock.
Isn't goal differential a potential tiebreaker for B1G seedings? If so they were correct to shoot on the empty net IMO
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:09 pm

Unless there is some sort of disciplinary issue, which is an entirely different thing … I don’t consider benching your leading scorer to be an exemplary coaching technique. If that’s what it took to bring chemistry to your offense, that’s not a good thing long term.

But love the effort and production from some players who got more playing time today.

DocBarrister
They got the W over a 7-2 team. Take the dub and move forward. There’s a reason he’s on the bench. I don’t know why but I have heard things. They looked better today than vs. Navy and Delaware. If you have 50 plus players why not use them. Bauer is an excellent example of the benefit.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

- Angelus, back at his natural position = 7 pts, 1 turnover
- Degnon = 3 G, 3 A, 3 GB, 1 CT, 1 TO
- Smith's strip, GB pickup, clear, and goal in transition. Jaronski in transition
- Rodgers and Szuluk detwigging dudes
- Bauer, hi
- DeSo was better today
- D, as a whole, was solid minus the last minute after the game was decided
- Faceoffs still stink
- 3,713 attendance, pretty good for a team that was 4-5 headed into it. Home side looked full

Unlike the Cuse game when they played poorly but still won, Jays had a decent day at the office today. Very, very far from where they want to be but an improvement and much needed. 1-0. Onto the next one.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Thought the Blue Jays played a solid game today. Defense was terrific. Nine CTs and loved the way they challenged most of the Michigan shots with sticks on the shooter’s hands.

Really good GB game today, keeping GBs close even while losing big on faceoffs.

Kirson with an up and down game today, but he really clamped down in crunch time.

Good ball movement on offense. Eleven assisted goals.

Don’t quite understand the issue with faceoffs, but that’s become a big issue lately.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:13 pm
Big Dog wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:10 pm
Maybe I spoke too soon
Isn't goal differential a potential tiebreaker for B1G seedings? If so they were correct to shoot on the empty net IMO
Except Michigan cannot score if they don't have the ball, and Michigan was doing well at face-offs, so the odds were that by shooting and going up another goal, you'd be giving the ball right bak to the Wolverines.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

flalax22 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:18 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:09 pm

DocBarrister
They got the W over a 7-2 team. Take the dub and move forward. There’s a reason he’s on the bench. I don’t know why but I have heard things. They looked better today than vs. Navy and Delaware. If you have 50 plus players why not use them. Bauer is an excellent example of the benefit.
Michigan RPI in the 30s, which is where I think this Michigan team stands. I think Coach Conry did the wise thing in scheduling some easier opponents to make the record look pretty, but Michigan is not a “real” 7-2 team in my book.

Still, a win is a win.

I have always said this team has depth just about everywhere. If the issue with Epstein is fixable, then I think the coaches should make a priority of fixing it. Maybe the benching was part of that.

Otherwise … Blue Jays don’t have many teams like Michigan left on the schedule.

Good win. Hope the team enjoys and builds upon it.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:54 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:31 pm Speaking of Petro, how many times did we have to listen to him talk about acountability without ever holding anyone acountable. I like that we have a coach that isn't about empty talk.
Ha ha. That’s funny!!! Milliman is an a $
cbrass

Post by cbrass »

At the first Homecoming game since 2019. There was energy in the stands and an abundance of energy on the field. FO #39 is a warrior! Happy to see the ball movement, the clearing (props to #7) and a team on the field that looked like they enjoyed playing the game!

At one point a MI attack man lost his stick over the midfield line by about five yards trying to throw a check. The official picked it up and gave it back to him. Moments later he is receiving a clearing pass and it leads directly to a goal. My question-shouldn’t the official move the stick off the field and the player leave the field through the box in that situation? I don’t remember ever seeing an official return a stick from anywhere on the field much less over the midfield line. I would appreciate an informed reply.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

HappyGilmore wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:08 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:54 pm
Ha ha. That’s funny!!! Milliman is an a $
Dark Triad type?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Nice win for Hopkins and a must win to keep them in the hunt.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Michigan needs to fire its DC - Jays left open all over the field
That said - fewer turnovers - Kirson holding his own and a little better on non face-off ground balls was a big part of the difference
Smith is the type of player you want on your competitive team - more please
Who might have suggested Angelus was playing out of position?
Talk about a shake-up - bench your senior 3 time captain - demote your 5 year grad student to 2nd mid-field
Evans has a bit of game
Keogh and Lily both took stupid shots that could have cost the team
KInd of hard to belive Hopkins won given that Evans and Bauer can hardly be considered D1 players according to a poster
The Epstein benching could be more permanent - if you subtract the Towson game - his play has been meh to meh minus to worse - 13 goals in 9 games (minus Townson) is not going to get you AA recognition - his decision on the EMO was terrible

Every young player should be required to take a class from Don Zimmerman - he errs on the side of being positive but good lord is knowledge and fundamentals just dripping from that man

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”