Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by HopFan16 »

I'm not seeing the improved ball movement. They have two nice transition goals and one on the man-up. The other two goals are 1) Keogh soft shot on the run that should have been saved 2) Angelus goal on the doorstep from the feed from Evans with the shot clock winding down. Only that last one can really be classified as good 6v6 ball movement.

Liking the effort and energy though. And looks like a solid crowd.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:43 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:32 pm Second guessing coaches is practically the definition of what fans do.
I've managed to follow Syracuse for 40 years without second guessing Simmie or Desko. I must have magic beans.

Or, I'm not at practices, and don't know what the F I'm talking about.
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:32 pm Why is lacrosse fandom full of overly sensitive types?
Oh, i'm not sensitive. I'm just here to mock your stupid and uninformed comments, Doc. Because that's "part of being a fan", right?

20 years of being wrong, Doc. That has never stopped you before...I'm not naive enough to think you're going to stop being wrong.....
Weird … all this anger and bitterness, and you’re not even a Hopkins fan.

Virtually no one on this forum qualifies as a lacrosse expert, so why not let us have some fun? You apparently fancy yourself some sort of lacrosse guru. Who’s the one having weird delusions of grandeur?

As for Epstein … he’s a leader respected by the team and elected as their leader. There’s only two three-time captains in Hopkins lacrosse history. By all reports, he’s a workaholic and a good student. He leads your team in points. He also has more career points than any other player on the roster. If coaches can’t find a place for that kind of player in their lineup, or if they are having “accountability” issues with him … then, yeah, I’m going to question those coaches rather than that young man.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

man imagine if Angelus had been playing attack all this time? kid is good
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:43 pm I'm not seeing the improved ball movement. They have two nice transition goals and one on the man-up. The other two goals are 1) Keogh soft shot on the run that should have been saved 2) Angelus goal on the doorstep from the feed from Evans with the shot clock winding down. Only that last one can really be classified as good 6v6 ball movement.

I thought the Blue Jays were moving the ball better even in their loss to Delaware.

Oddly enough, against Delaware it was Epstein who was moving the ball well, notching three assists in the loss.

I still find it bizarre that the coaches have Epstein playing man-up but otherwise benched.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Great quarter.
- Much better communication and energy on D
- Angelus needs to operate from X. Our best player there and it's not even close.
- Love how active Bauer is on the offensive end on the clear
- Night and day in terms of ball movement with the resuffle on offense. Milliman and JGJr deserve credit
primitiveskills

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:02 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:43 pm I'm not seeing the improved ball movement. They have two nice transition goals and one on the man-up. The other two goals are 1) Keogh soft shot on the run that should have been saved 2) Angelus goal on the doorstep from the feed from Evans with the shot clock winding down. Only that last one can really be classified as good 6v6 ball movement.

I thought the Blue Jays were moving the ball better even in their loss to Delaware.

Oddly enough, against Delaware it was Epstein who was moving the ball well, notching three assists in the loss.

I still find it bizarre that the coaches have Epstein playing man-up but otherwise benched.

DocBarrister
Not sure how you can watch that half and not be impressed with the ball movement and off-ball movement on offense
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:02 pm - Love how active Bauer is on the offensive end on the clear
Was just thinking that — he's quietly been a key player so far, solely for making himself available to receive a pass on the clear.

That said, he and Krampf are a 0 on offense. They are just there to take up space. Wouldn't mind seeing the freshman Wong, or even putting Evans down on attack. He's shown a bit of pop.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:56 pm Weird … all this anger and bitterness, and you’re not even a Hopkins fan.
Not one ounce of anger or bitterness.
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:56 pm Virtually no one on this forum qualifies as a lacrosse expert, so why not let us have some fun? You apparently fancy yourself some sort of lacrosse guru. Who’s the one having weird delusions of grandeur?
Nope. I'm the one who knows that your coaches know more than I do, Doc. Turning the tables won't work.

And there are more than a few folks who played at the highest level posting here, but your'e too self involved to notice.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:02 pm Great quarter.
- Much better communication and energy on D
- Angelus needs to operate from X. Our best player there and it's not even close.
- Love how active Bauer is on the offensive end on the clear
- Night and day in terms of ball movement with the resuffle on offense. Milliman and JGJr deserve credit
There have been multiple players who have looked good from the x. I think this Hopkins offense has depth … I think they’ve been showing better chemistry on offense the last couple of games.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:05 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:56 pm Weird … all this anger and bitterness, and you’re not even a Hopkins fan.
Not one ounce of anger or bitterness.
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:56 pm Virtually no one on this forum qualifies as a lacrosse expert, so why not let us have some fun? You apparently fancy yourself some sort of lacrosse guru. Who’s the one having weird delusions of grandeur?
Nope. I'm the one who knows that your coaches know more than I do, Doc. Turning the tables won't work.

And there are more than a few folks who played at the highest level posting here, but your'e too self involved to notice.
The anger in your posts is palpable and obvious.

I’m trying to enjoy the game and make my comments as a fan.

What’s wrong with that? Don’t like my posts? Don’t read them.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
primitiveskills

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:05 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:02 pm - Love how active Bauer is on the offensive end on the clear
Was just thinking that — he's quietly been a key player so far, solely for making himself available to receive a pass on the clear.

That said, he and Krampf are a 0 on offense. They are just there to take up space. Wouldn't mind seeing the freshman Wong, or even putting Evans down on attack. He's shown a bit of pop.
I'm impressed with Evans. Relentless off-ball work and can draw a slide. Krampf is fine. Not a huge threat but at least he keeps the ball moving. A big part of the problem on offense this year has been having the ball die in the sticks of certain players. You can tell that was the point of emphasis in practice this week.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:56 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:32 pm Second guessing coaches is practically the definition of what fans do.
I've managed to follow Syracuse for 40 years without second guessing Simmie or Desko. I must have magic beans.

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:32 pm Why is lacrosse fandom full of overly sensitive types?
Oh, i'm not sensitive. I'm just here to mock your stupid and uninformed comments, Doc. Because that's "part of being a fan", right?

20 years of being wrong, Doc. That has never stopped you before...I'm not naive enough to think you're going to stop being wrong.....

Virtually no one on this forum qualifies as a lacrosse expert, so why not let us have some fun? You apparently fancy yourself some sort of lacrosse guru. Who’s the one having weird delusions of grandeur?

As for Epstein … he’s a leader respected by the team and elected as their leader. There’s only two three-time captains in Hopkins lacrosse history. By all reports, he’s a workaholic and a good student. He leads your team in points. He also has more career points than any other player on the roster. If coaches can’t find a place for that kind of player in their lineup, or if they are having “accountability” issues with him … then, yeah, I’m going to question those coaches rather than that young man.

DocBarrister
In fairness Doc those reports may be a little dated. They came from the Petro regime. Epstein was benched last year. Benched this year. There are issues there.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:09 pm Don’t like my posts? Don’t read them.
Ditto.
GSP

Post by GSP »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:34 am
GSP wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:37 am
wgdsr wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:10 am
GSP wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:51 pm
Sagittarius A* wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:16 pm Playoff chances not looking so good right now according to Terry:

"To me, the Blue Jays’ only path to the NCAA Tournament is the Big Ten AQ. Right now, it’s possible none of their four wins will end up in the RPI Top 20, and two of their losses could be qualified as bad losses by the selection criteria. Could they beat Ohio State and Maryland in the regular season, beat Rutgers in the Big Ten Semis, lose in the Big Ten title game and have a favorable bubble resume? It’s possible, but seems unlikely."

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... aces/59185
leaving out the possibility the future may be different, but i might be one of the few people besides the selection committee that understands at larges for multiple normal years are straight rpi now.

hopkins is 16. if they can go 2 or 3 games over .500 in the b1g, my guess that'll put 'em inside 12. doesn't matter who they beat or lose to. only will matter how many conference upsets there are in title games in b1g, big east and ivy.
Pipe dream! Unless Hopkins goes 4 and 1 in the Big 10, it is AQ or go home. There are 9 AQs. So 7 At Large. ACC will get a minimum of 3 bids, UVA, Duke and UNC all far ahead of Hopkins. Ivy very likely to get 3 with Princeton, Penn, Cornell, Yale. Harvard and Brown are also ahead of Hopkins. Big 10 gets 1 with Rutgers and OSU all ahead of Hopkins. A loss to either Rutgers or OSU spells the end of the season. They only have 1 Top 20 win against a fading Jacksonville at #13. It is over!
oh, it's a pipe dream alright but finishing 2 games over .500 very well could get it done. duke is not far ahead of hopkins, they are 15 and hopkins is 16. the very likely ivies right now are princeton, cornell, and harvard. yale and brown are 14 and 13. penn's in ok shape, but start going under .500 in ivy things get tricky.
top 20 rpi wins doesn't matter anymore. jacksonville is #28.

there will be 8 at larges in the tournament. 10 aqs with 4 of them in play-ins.
Is there a Play-in game this year? Who are the 10 AQs?
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ment/59215
Quite right!
Thanks for the info!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Peshko should have like 4 goals, finishing hasn't been there.

D looking better this quarter, but the O, before that Degnon goal, had been ice cold. What would it take for both sides to play well at the same time?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

flalax22 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:20 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:56 pm

DocBarrister
In fairness Doc those reports may be a little dated. They came from the Petro regime. Epstein was benched last year. Benched this year. There are issues there.
Yeah, you may be right. But if that’s the case, come out and say it. Did he mouth off to the coach? Not fully buy into the system? That’s one thing ….

But if it’s just getting the chemistry right … that’s more a coaching issue.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
primitiveskills

That's huge
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Bauer can stay
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:33 pm Bauer can stay
Yes Sir. I had him and Krampf as interchangeable. Doesn’t look like it at all.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:33 pm Bauer can stay
Enjoying watching some of the players really shine today. The issue has been getting them to play consistently. Various players have taken turns looking like superstars in individual games, only to disappear the next week.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”