All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:08 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:09 am Deaths:
TLD,

Serious question, why do you feel the need to keep posting the deaths from Covid on a consistent basis? There's literally NOONE that posts on this thread that think's its not a serious disease. You are not doing a thing to change anyone else's mind in doing so. Are you doing it just to placate your own internal anxiety? I ask this seriously, not in a trolling manner. The same 10 people post in this thread and they are all in lockstep in regards to this virus. It's as if you like the echo chamber. I just don't get it. It just doesn't seem like posting the death count is aimed at incurring discussion. Anyways, had to ask that because I've seen you post it nearly 20-30 different times during my past 4 months in the doghouse.

Joe
PS, you know that guy that was told he wouldn’t be any good in tennis yet rose to a number 1 ranking and never failed to remind people that they doubted him every chance he gets that it becomes obnoxious?…..that’s me on this board. I freely admit it.
Now that's an analogy I can understand!

Joe
:lol: I knew it!!
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Kismet wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:10 am Trump Administration DOPEarama

"Secretary Wilbur Ross says coronavirus will be good for [checks notes] American jobs: "I think it will help to accelerate the return of jobs to North America.""

Gives me great confidence they are up to the job or dealing with a global health emergency.

Their focus is still on $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and nothing else.

Morons
American jobs, means American supply chain stability.

Two years later........most stuff needs a boat to start the journey to your home or bizness.

Fauci making sure our PPE's are made HERE, in the USA ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Massachusettes, the covid death count is going DOWN.......miscounts ;)

Trend, is happening in other states, as well.

same for "hospital" visits........carry on.......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:57 am Massachusettes, the covid death count is going DOWN.......miscounts ;)

We know why that’s occurring, but few dare discuss it.

Meanwhile, It ain’t over til it’s over. Liberal judges now causing further Democratic voter erosion by REINSTATING mask mandates in Virginia, the same state that just rebelled against masks. They never learn.

https://richmond.com/news/state-and-reg ... d050a.html
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:30 am
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:57 am Massachusettes, the covid death count is going DOWN.......miscounts ;)

We know why that’s occurring, but few dare discuss it.

Meanwhile, It ain’t over til it’s over. Liberal judges now causing further Democratic voter erosion by REINSTATING mask mandates in Virginia, the same state that just rebelled against masks. They never learn.

https://richmond.com/news/state-and-reg ... d050a.html
multiple "reasons" why this IS happening, and not all of them are nefarious, btw.

my question, has to do with money (alway$ ;)

IE: places of bizne$$, called "medical" care, got covid death money. Families got covid funeral money......etc. Massachusettes just pulled the "covid" plug on 4k death certcificates....does this mean big "non profit" health , care a lot, system will have to REPAY that covid death money?

exactly

my hunch is the insurance companies have had enough of the junk data and science...........and flexing their chamber of commerce muscles.

and, we ALL know , no one cares about where the $4 trillion "went" from the C.A.R.E.S. act that RINO tRump signed, with glee.....
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Rona is back. Cornell claims it is making a resurgence on campus. They have dusted off their playbook. Disney has had to close their Hong Kong park due to a resurgence.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:57 am Rona is back. Cornell claims it is making a resurgence on campus. They have dusted off their playbook. Disney has had to close their Hong Kong park due to a resurgence.
mods, this belongs on the ivy covid mitigation thread. thank you.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:03 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:57 am Rona is back. Cornell claims it is making a resurgence on campus. They have dusted off their playbook. Disney has had to close their Hong Kong park due to a resurgence.
Do we have a Disney thread too?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:16 am
Yes,--> CLICK ME
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:54 pm
Yes,--> CLICK ME
Took me to the front page of the forum...perhaps you meant something more specific?

I'm obviously just kidding, as I assume was wgdsr.

We did have a china virus threat, but thankfully that was modified.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:13 pm
Yes,--> CLICK ME
Took me to the front page of the forum...perhaps you meant something more specific?

Joke. Went over your head....suggesting the politcs thread was fantasy land like disney. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:15 pm
Yes,--> CLICK ME

Joke. Went over your head....suggesting the politcs thread was fantasy land like disney. ;) :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Disney is MUCH more grounded in reality than these threads!!

Joe
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:16 pm
Yes,--> CLICK ME

:lol: :lol:

Disney is MUCH more grounded in reality than these threads!!

Joe
True dat!
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yes,--> CLICK ME

ahhh, yes, over my head.
Missed the goal, didn't get my stick on it, closest to where it went out...
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Supreme Court sides with the DOD on deployment decisions concerning military personnel who irrationally refuse to get a vaccination.

(CNN)The Supreme Court on Friday agreed to temporarily freeze a lower-court opinion requiring the Navy to deploy special operations forces even though they have refused to get vaccinated for Covid-19.

The court's order means that while special operations forces -- including more than two dozen Navy SEALs -- continue to challenge the Navy's vaccine mandate on religious grounds in court, they will not be actively deployed or punished for their position.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/25/politics ... index.html

Frankly, I don’t believe anyone belongs in the military if they are unwilling to receive a Covid-19 vaccination that my elementary school-age daughter has received three times.

Thank them for their service and then expel them from the military with an honorable discharge so that they can pursue a profession that does not require obeying simple orders.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:12 pm Supreme Court sides with the DOD on deployment decisions concerning military personnel who irrationally refuse to get a vaccination.

(CNN)The Supreme Court on Friday agreed to temporarily freeze a lower-court opinion requiring the Navy to deploy special operations forces even though they have refused to get vaccinated for Covid-19.

The court's order means that while special operations forces -- including more than two dozen Navy SEALs -- continue to challenge the Navy's vaccine mandate on religious grounds in court, they will not be actively deployed or punished for their position.

Frankly, I don’t believe anyone belongs in the military if they are unwilling to receive a Covid-19 vaccination that my elementary school-age daughter has received three times.

Thank them for their service and then expel them from the military with an honorable discharge so that they can pursue a profession that does not require obeying simple orders.

DocBarrister

An unvaccinated person is as likely to carry the virus as a vaccinated person.

An unvaccinated *healthy* person is less likely to become sick from the virus than a vaccinated *unhealthy* person.

Navy SEALS are VERY healthy.

Your post isn’t that bright.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:50 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:12 pm Supreme Court sides with the DOD on deployment decisions concerning military personnel who irrationally refuse to get a vaccination.

DocBarrister

An unvaccinated *healthy* person is less likely to become sick from the virus than a vaccinated *unhealthy* person.

His posts NEVER are, he's only concerned with shouting what's POLITICALLY expedient for his (Very) narrow and quite extreme ideology that he constantly espouses on these threads while never once, not a SINGLE instance of every feeling any of the ancillary effects that many of the general public have felt in many aspect of their lives as a result of inadvertent negative effects of Covid-19 and the response to it. And I am not talking about any physical effects. Cartoon Character. :roll: :roll:

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:38 pm

DocBarrister

His posts NEVER are, he's only concerned with shouting what's POLITICALLY expedient for his (Very) narrow and quite extreme ideology that he constantly espouses on these threads while never once, not a SINGLE instance of every feeling any of the ancillary effects that many of the general public have felt in many aspect of their lives as a result of inadvertent negative effects of Covid-19 and the response to it. And I am not talking about any physical effects. Cartoon Character. :roll: :roll:

Joe
https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/covid-1 ... e-illness/

To help unravel the mysteries of COVID-19, scientists are sequencing the DNA of young, healthy adults and children who develop severe illness despite having no underlying medical problems. The researchers are looking for genetic defects that could put certain individuals at high risk of becoming severely ill from the novel coronavirus.

You know many people that have sequenced their DNA and know their risk of severe illness?
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:18 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:38 pm

DocBarrister

Joe
https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/covid-1 ... e-illness/

To help unravel the mysteries of COVID-19, scientists are sequencing the DNA of young, healthy adults and children who develop severe illness despite having no underlying medical problems. The researchers are looking for genetic defects that could put certain individuals at high risk of becoming severely ill from the novel coronavirus.

You know many people that have sequenced their DNA and know their risk of severe illness?
My post was about DocB, anybody can get seriously ill from any virus... Among those who post in this forum, who isn't triple-vaxxed? (hint, almost ZERO who actually post) A study came out today that said there's a 60% reduction in Long Covid of those who have received two doses of a vaccine. I would imagine it's closer to 80% with a booster. What more can one do besides take basic precautions and get vaccinated? There's no use letting it control your life. I understand your point here, but I feel you are obsessed with attempting to consistently defend the severity of the virus day after day. It's become a bit myopic. I will stop here. Jersey City must be a zoo right now!

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Joe,
In the most friendly way, I sincerely recommend that you return to the discipline of sticking to the lax threads.

This attacking of posters and getting riled up tends to end badly. I don't think it makes you happier either.

And you have lots to offer on the lax front, especially the women's side, without getting riled up.

Seriously, offered in the friendliest of ways.

Return to “POLITICS”