January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:40 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:08 am progressives BAAAD....

I see you’re sticking with the ludicrous ‘I’m a Republican’ on another thread.

There isn’t a far, FAR left social issue you disagree with. No matter how insanely batty the position, you’re down with it. Can’t call out BLM violence. Can’t call out Antifa violence.

Trump broke you for good.

It’s really a stunning display.

Always wrong, never in doubt.
This I can agree with, it's remarkably consistent. And the same group of posters will always come to his side NO MATTER WHAT. It's why these forums are a cesspool, there is no room for differing opinions or nuanced discussion if your worldview/ideology does not fit the preferred narrative. I guess these posters feel the need to control discussion is too strong to not show their true colors.
Dude. Are you trying to win the "ironic post of the year" here?

YOU are the one who keeps trying to control discussion. The bulk of your posts are lecturing your fellow posters about what they post...and even what they choose to post about.

That is what people are reacting to.....stop doing that, and join in the conversation, and no one will wish you to go away. Give your opinion on the subject at hand instead of giving your opinion of your fellow posters. It's why we're here.

Well, except our troll Pete, who's pretending that he's not trolling this week.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

There isn’t a far, FAR left social issue you disagree with. No matter how insanely batty the position, you’re down with it. Can’t call out BLM violence. Can’t call out Antifa violence.

I've voted for many more Republicans for POTUS than you have Petey, much less Joe.

But hey, Liz Cheney apparently shouldn't be a Republican, so apparently it's not about 'conservatism'. .

No, I strongly condemned the violence of the summer protests, no matter who was doing it. I objected to the characterization of "BlM violence" as that was BS, but there were certainly opportunists who were violent who took advantage of those protest periods. Antifa expressly said they would meet violence with strength in return, and some were downright nuts...I condemned any such.

So, your characterizations are yet another lie.

But yes, Trump and Trumpism definitely broke the GOP. Time will tell if I'm right, but when Liz Cheney isn't welcome, it clearly isn't about conservative ideology.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:32 pm

I've voted for many more Republicans for POTUS than you have Petey, much less Joe.

But hey, Liz Cheney apparently shouldn't be a Republican, so apparently it's not about 'conservatism'. .

No, I strongly condemned the violence of the summer protests, no matter who was doing it. I objected to the characterization of "BlM violence" as that was BS, but there were certainly opportunists who were violent who took advantage of those protest periods. Antifa expressly said they would meet violence with strength in return, and some were downright nuts...I condemned any such.

But yes, Trump and Trumpism definitely broke the GOP. Time will tell if I'm right, but when Liz Cheney isn't welcome, it clearly isn't about conservative ideology.

What is a “woman”, MD?

We all know the answer; the overriding issue is, are you comfortable, ‘as a Republican’, answering?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:19 pm

This I can agree with, it's remarkably consistent. And the same group of posters will always come to his side NO MATTER WHAT. It's why these forums are a cesspool, there is no room for differing opinions or nuanced discussion if your worldview/ideology does not fit the preferred narrative. I guess these posters feel the need to control discussion is too strong to not show their true colors.

YOU are the one who keeps trying to control discussion. The bulk of your posts are lecturing your fellow posters about what they post...and even what they choose to post about.

That is what people are reacting to.....stop doing that, and join in the conversation, and no one will wish you to go away. Give your opinion on the subject at hand instead of giving your opinion of your fellow posters. It's why we're here.

Someone in another thread just publicly wished that Joe’s Fanlax voice would be silenced for 6 months. Joe Mauer, a guy with extraordinary measured posts which unfortunately don’t meet the red hot level of hysteria from the prevailing leftists.

Just checking, but did the rare ‘free speech’ Democrats here object to their colleague’s post?
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:19 pm

I am trying to find out the reason for certain posters motivation for what they post, that is me JOINING the discussion. I would do the same thing if I were have a few beers with them. Except it would be measured, because despite what some posters may think, I'm not getting worked up on my end. Just can't convey that through an online anonymous forum in which I cannot display my actual intent. Just as you take pleasure in trying to set everyone straight, that's my modus operandi on this site in the POLITICS thread. It's a cesspool, but that doesn't mean I can't wade in it every so often.

Joe
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:45 pm I am trying to find out the reason for certain posters motivation for what they post, that is me JOINING the discussion. I would do the same thing if I were have a few beers with them. Except it would be measured, because despite what some posters may think, I'm not getting worked up on my end. Just can't convey that through an online anonymous forum in which I cannot display my actual intent. Just as you take pleasure in trying to set everyone straight, that's my modus operandi on this site in the POLITICS thread. It's a cesspool, but that doesn't mean I can't wade in it every so often.

Joe
Wade in all you like! Just don't expect us to not give you grief if you don't give your own opinion on the matter......and instead make pointless comments like "why do you care about this subject, get a hobby".

We'd rather hear what you think, despite your protestations to the contrary. You keep telling us we don't have open minds. Sorry mate, you're wrong on that count.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:54 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:45 pm I am trying to find out the reason for certain posters motivation for what they post, that is me JOINING the discussion. I would do the same thing if I were have a few beers with them. Except it would be measured, because despite what some posters may think, I'm not getting worked up on my end. Just can't convey that through an online anonymous forum in which I cannot display my actual intent. Just as you take pleasure in trying to set everyone straight, that's my modus operandi on this site in the POLITICS thread. It's a cesspool, but that doesn't mean I can't wade in it every so often.

Joe
Wade in all you like! Just don't expect us to not give you grief if you don't give your own opinion on the matter......and instead make pointless comments like "why do you care about this subject, get a hobby".

We'd rather hear what you think, despite your protestations to the contrary. You keep telling us we don't have open minds. Sorry mate, you're wrong on that count.
Touche, I'll keep it in mind. I'll give my opinion where I feel it's warranted. Everyone knows I can, it's just not always in a conventional manner.

Joe
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:27 pm

What is a “woman”, MD?

We all know the answer; the overriding issue is, are you comfortable, ‘as a Republican’, answering?
More trolling. Maybe when he understands the difference between sex and gender he’ll wake up.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

What is a “woman”, MD?

I've already posted extensively on that particular ridiculous "issue".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:41 pm

What is a “woman”, MD?

In other words, you won’t answer the question because answering the question (the most simple of questions, btw, ‘what is a woman?’), puts you on the ‘wrong’ side of the woke Olympics. Appreciate it.

‘Republican’.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:37 am

What is a “woman”, MD?

In other words, you won’t answer the question because answering the question (the most simple of questions, btw, ‘what is a woman?’), puts you on the ‘wrong’ side of the woke Olympics. Appreciate it.

‘Republican’.
Idiocy from you again, Petey.
Being as offensive and dumb as you can.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=724&p=347612&hilit=woman#p347612
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:27 am

What is a “woman”, MD?

‘Republican’.

Out of curiosity MD... have you asked your wife what a woman is??? It is not a dumb question. It is a very simple question unless you find the need to obfuscate and dodge and bob and weave around the answer. FTR... your not Muhammed Ali and your rope a dope does not work on some of us.. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:57 am

What is a “woman”, MD?

‘Republican’.

Out of curiosity MD... have you asked your wife what a woman is??? It is not a dumb question. It is a very simple question unless you find the need to obfuscate and dodge and bob and weave around the answer. FTR... your not Muhammed Ali and your rope a dope does not work on some of us.. ;)
Read my response, cradle and stop with the attacks...feel free to actually respond to the substance of what I wrote, but note that my wife raised her recollection of our brilliant, emergency pediatrician pal who had had enormous personal, medical experience with this question, over tens of thousands of births. She was very clear about what she'd experienced. And in the ensuing decades, our scientific knowledge of how genes work, express and receive signals, etc has exploded, explaining far more about how this works, leading to a huge variety, not the simplistic binary. Obviously, my wife understands this is very complex.
a fan

Post by a fan »

What is a “woman”, MD?

‘Republican’.

Well....do you remember how it was when you were a kid?

How did they handle it? Did you ever take a test of any kind? No, right?

They took your word for what you said you are----you got to define if you were a man or woman. Seems to have worked just fine.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:05 pm

What is a “woman”, MD?

‘Republican’.

Read my response, cradle and stop with the attacks...feel free to actually respond to the substance of what I wrote, but note that my wife raised her recollection of our brilliant, emergency pediatrician pal who had had enormous personal, medical experience with this question, over tens of thousands of births. She was very clear about what she'd experienced. And in the ensuing decades, our scientific knowledge of how genes work, express and receive signals, etc has exploded, explaining far more about how this works, leading to a huge variety, not the simplistic binary. Obviously, my wife understands this is very complex.
I'm not attacking you at all. I'm asking the same question. Can a man actually be transformed into a woman? It can be done cosmetically. It is really a simple question. You keep assuming it is a personal attack. It is a question that apparently you can't answer.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:31 pm

What is a “woman”, MD?

‘Republican’.

I'm not attacking you at all. I'm asking the same question. Can a man actually be transformed into a woman? It can be done cosmetically. It is really a simple question. You keep assuming it is a personal attack. It is a question that apparently you can't answer.
The underlying genetics, which are along a spectrum, cannot themselves be changed (at least as I understand it), though it's possible to change, through various hormones, how the physiology expresses itself.

But the starting point is that the underlying genetics are not a simple binary, yes or no.

And it's way more complex than whether various organs are present or developed, though in some cases, somewhere in the 1-2 per hundred such, the visible is ambiguous at birth. Both can present as potential.

I'd have begun my answer much as the judge tried to do with the caveat that I'm not a doctor, biologist or geneticist... but that I understand that those who have studied this area agree that there's far more complexity than the lay person might presume. So, no I can't give you a "simple definition" because any such simple response would obscure the complexity.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:59 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:31 pm

What is a “woman”, MD?

‘Republican’.

The underlying genetics, which are along a spectrum, cannot themselves be changed (at least as I understand it), though it's possible to change, through various hormones, how the physiology expresses itself.

But the starting point is that the underlying genetics are not a simple binary, yes or no.

And it's way more complex than whether various organs are present or developed, though in some cases, somewhere in the 1-2 per hundred such, the visible is ambiguous at birth. Both can present as potential.

I'd have begun my answer much as the judge tried to do with the caveat that I'm not a doctor, biologist or geneticist... but that I understand that those who have studied this area agree that there's far more complexity than the lay person might presume. So, no I can't give you a "simple definition" because any such simple response would obscure the complexity.
I disagree with you 100%. IMO you and some other folks on this forum are trying to portray something as very complex that is in reality extraordinarily simple. i have known all of my life that to be simple basic common sense. What is being attempted here on this forum is to try and obfuscate and confuse who is a boy and who is a girl. What your telling me flies in the face of common sense. If you don't have the proper plumbing that god intended you to have, you can pretend, wish, hope and believe otherwise all you want. On that matter i don't care one way or the other. IMO any educated person, when asked what is a girl or what is a boy and acts dazed and confused at such a simple question has issues with dealing with reality. If you insist on trying to convince me that it is waaaaaaaay more complex than you understand cradle... that is pure hogwash... IMO of course. FTR, i am a boy, been a boy for 64 years. My wife is a girl, she has been that way for 63 years. I know NO ONE in all my years on this planet that has been confused about that. Only now, the enlightened people on this forum are telling me that it ain't that simple. If you want to tell me there are people that are confused about who they are or what gender they are, that does not change who they are. That is a complex issue that a therapist should deal with.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:13 pm

What is a “woman”, MD?

‘Republican’.

They took your word for what you said you are----you got to define if you were a man or woman. Seems to have worked just fine.
Up until recently on this forum, i never thought it was an issue. FTR, i do not give a flying fig how a person identifies their sex as. So if I decide tomorrow that i am a girl can i use the ladies restroom? It sounds like an idiotic question because the concept is idiotic IMO. Maybe I am too old and set in my ways. i lack the enlightenment to comprehend this issue. So much for that old cliche of boys will be boys.. or was that some boys might be boys.. or some boys were never boys or some boys are really girls or some girls are really boys or some girls might be boys or some girls were never girls.... :roll: :roll:
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:49 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:13 pm

What is a “woman”, MD?

‘Republican’.

Up until recently on this forum, i never thought it was an issue. FTR, i do not give a flying fig how a person identifies their sex as. So if I decide tomorrow that i am a girl can i use the ladies restroom? It sounds like an idiotic question because the concept is idiotic IMO. Maybe I am too old and set in my ways. i lack the enlightenment to comprehend this issue. So much for that old cliche of boys will be boys.. or was that some boys might be boys.. or some boys were never boys or some boys are really girls or some girls are really boys or some girls might be boys or some girls were never girls.... :roll: :roll:
Here's a UNC biologist's explanation on the subject....

https://didyouknowfacts.com/biology-pro ... le-at-all/
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

The kicker from that explanation:
It means you may be genetically male or female, chromosomally male or female, hormonally male/female/non-binary, with cells that may or may not hear the male/female/non-binary call, and all this leading to a body that can be male/non-binary/female.
Read the full article to see why this biologist makes that conclusion. Then understand why it is _complicated_!

Return to “POLITICS”