January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:12 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:03 pm
I’m an opponent of wrongful prosecutions
Right. And you tell us that these prosecutions are rampant....you've posted SEVERAL times on the suject.

Given that position, why the F would you get rid of bail? So someone gets wrongfully prosecuted, and they're just supposed to sit in jail under Pete's new "no bail" plan?

You can't make it five minutes without contradicting yourself. Worst. Troll. Ever.

Even YOU don't believe your own trolling nonsense. It's hilarious watching you trying to make sense of your own trolling.
Do you know the difference between violent and nonviolent crime? I’m seriously wondering about you.
:lol: So Pete is now telling us that prosecutors are honest as the day is long when prosecuting violent criminals...but when a non-violent case comes across their desk? Oh, then out comes the corruption?

All while you're telling us you're a card carrying member of the Innocence Project? :lol:

Dude, how many of those wrongful convictions are on Violent Felonies? Do you even know? You're telling us that that number is zero, and "therefore", we should get rid of bail in America if the charges are for violent crimes. :lol:

BTW, Petey, to help you the next times membership dues come up for the Innocence Project? 97% of the convictions that they overturn are for violent crimes.

:lol: But sure, Pete thinks we should get rid of bail for violent crimes....shut up and sit in jail. Innocent until proven guilty? Pffft. Not in Petey's world, punk!. :lol:

You're really don't a great job this week, Petey. Keep it up.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:15 pm dude, afan.....your latest attack "dummy", is someone who never ran for POTUSA and STILL has still a big, big fans. Why don't YOU demand the same from Liz Warren? Or Bennett? you demand that HE (DeSativa), only, needs to acknowledge the, umm.....obvious? geez....THIS...is what you are , umm, discussig ?

you're upset b/c Pete defends him...that's all.

But, what IS the difference between what Hillary is saying about 2016, than what tRump IS saying about 2020?
Simple. I'm not defending Hillary's behavior. Get it?

Pete is defending both Trump's and DeSantis, and telling us that voting is fake. Get it?

Clear enough for you?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:27 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:15 pm dude, afan.....your latest attack "dummy", is someone who never ran for POTUSA and STILL has still a big, big fans. Why don't YOU demand the same from Liz Warren? Or Bennett? you demand that HE (DeSativa), only, needs to acknowledge the, umm.....obvious? geez....THIS...is what you are , umm, discussig ?

you're upset b/c Pete defends him...that's all.

But, what IS the difference between what Hillary is saying about 2016, than what tRump IS saying about 2020?
Simple. I'm not defending Hillary's behavior. Get it?

Pete is defending both Trump's and DeSantis, and telling us that voting is fake. Get it?

Clear enough for you?

Are you alright? I don’t have a clue what you’re saying above.

Trying to get ahead of the response, are you saying that I think voting is fraudulent? I don’t think I’ve said so. I’m focused on November 8, which is a voting day.

Are you saying I think Trump is a swell guy? I don’t think I’ve ever said so. I think he’s cheated on his wives, stiffs contractors, isn’t loyal, and surrounds himself with some real lowlifes. Let me know if that’s too ambiguous.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:25 pm Are you alright? I don’t have a clue what you’re saying above.

Trying to get ahead of the response, are you saying that I think voting is fraudulent? I don’t think I’ve said so.
Yes. You have. Multiple times in the last few weeks, naturally.

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:25 pm Are you saying I think Trump is a swell guy? I don’t think I’ve ever said so. I think he’s cheated on his wives, stiffs contractors, isn’t loyal, and surrounds himself with some real lowlifes. Let me know if that’s too ambiguous.
:lol: Clutching pearls today, are we Pete? Y
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:11 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:12 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:03 pm
I’m an opponent of wrongful prosecutions
Right. And you tell us that these prosecutions are rampant....you've posted SEVERAL times on the suject.

Given that position, why the F would you get rid of bail? So someone gets wrongfully prosecuted, and they're just supposed to sit in jail under Pete's new "no bail" plan?

You can't make it five minutes without contradicting yourself. Worst. Troll. Ever.

Even YOU don't believe your own trolling nonsense. It's hilarious watching you trying to make sense of your own trolling.
Do you know the difference between violent and nonviolent crime? I’m seriously wondering about you.
:lol: So Pete is now telling us that prosecutors are honest as the day is long when prosecuting violent criminals...but when a non-violent case comes across their desk? Oh, then out comes the corruption?

All while you're telling us you're a card carrying member of the Innocence Project? :lol:

Dude, how many of those wrongful convictions are on Violent Felonies? Do you even know? You're telling us that that number is zero, and "therefore", we should get rid of bail in America if the charges are for violent crimes. :lol:

BTW, Petey, to help you the next times membership dues come up for the Innocence Project? 97% of the convictions that they overturn are for violent crimes.

:lol: But sure, Pete thinks we should get rid of bail for violent crimes....shut up and sit in jail. Innocent until proven guilty? Pffft. Not in Petey's world, punk!. :lol:

You're really don't a great job this week, Petey. Keep it up.

You pack so many misinterpretations in one post, it’s hard to know where to begin.

Progressive prosecutors lately haven’t differentiated between violent and non violent crime. Their bail recommendations are erratic, often freeing violent thugs back to the streets the very same day they are arrested for violent felonies. Concurrently, they will apply for excessive bail for someone who simply has sold a dime bag of weed.

I realize that for some bizarre reason liberals don’t like to make a distinction between violent and non violent, but I assure you that most Americans are concerned with accelerating *violent* crime in certain Democratic run cities. I am concerned too.

The Innocence Project, for the umpteenth time, is not interested in freeing *violent* criminals who have committed violent crimes…they are interested in freeing unfairly prosecuted prisoners who had poor representation or where juries were instructed incorrectly, or where DNA technology exonerates them.

You seem stuck in cuckoo land where everything needs to be black or white, and you rush to spike the football like a kid on a sugar high. Innocence Project staff are as concerned walking home safely at night as anyone else…their goal is not to free actual violent offenders. You’re having a very difficult time understanding basic nuance here.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:36 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:25 pm Are you alright? I don’t have a clue what you’re saying above.

Trying to get ahead of the response, are you saying that I think voting is fraudulent? I don’t think I’ve said so.
Yes. You have. Multiple times in the last few weeks, naturally.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:25 pm Are you saying I think Trump is a swell guy? I don’t think I’ve ever said so. I think he’s cheated on his wives, stiffs contractors, isn’t loyal, and surrounds himself with some real lowlifes. Let me know if that’s too ambiguous.
:lol: Clutching pearls today, are we Pete? Y

I believe *some* voting is fraudulent; that does not infer that I believe *all* votes are fraudulent. Russell’s Paradox thinking there if you don’t grasp the distinction. I doubt I’d be focused as I am on November 8 if I believed that *all* voting is fraudulent. Do you understand the nature of a contradiction?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:47 pm Do you understand the nature of a contradiction?
:lol: Ask the guy who can't go five minutes without contradicting his own trolling.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:37 pm The Innocence Project, for the umpteenth time, is not interested in freeing *violent* criminals who have committed violent crimes…they are interested in freeing unfairly prosecuted prisoners who had poor representation or where juries were instructed incorrectly, or where DNA technology exonerates them.
My daughter has better reasoning than you do. No one is this stupid, Pete. Stop pretending.

97% of the Innocence Project exonerations are for violent crimes.

Now if you're not an absolute moron, this would lead you to understand that wrongful arrests for violent crimes happen every single day.

This would mean, again, if your'e smarter than a 7 year old girl, that you'd understand that not having bail as an optionAT ALL to those who are alleged to have committed a violent crime would be inherently unjust. And the Innocence Project would be against such a policy.

But yes, Pete, I completely agree, you'd have to be smarter than a 7 year old to be able to understand this, and how logic works.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:47 pm I believe *some* voting is fraudulent; that does not infer that I believe *all* votes are fraudulent.
Imply. The word is imply, Pete.

No, you just believe the votes Republicans lose are fraudulent, Pete. We know. You already told us.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:04 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:37 pm The Innocence Project, for the umpteenth time, is not interested in freeing *violent* criminals who have committed violent crimes…they are interested in freeing unfairly prosecuted prisoners who had poor representation or where juries were instructed incorrectly, or where DNA technology exonerates them.
My daughter has better reasoning than you do. No one is this stupid, Pete. Stop pretending.

97% of the Innocence Project exonerations are for violent crimes.

Now if you're not an absolute moron, this would lead you to understand that wrongful arrests for violent crimes happen every single day.

This would mean, again, if your'e smarter than a 7 year old girl, that you'd understand that not having bail as an optionAT ALL to those who are alleged to have committed a violent crime would be inherently unjust. And the Innocence Project would be against such a policy.

But yes, Pete, I completely agree, you'd have to be smarter than a 7 year old to be able to understand this, and how logic works.

I don’t think the IP’s success record of 375 overturned convictions over the span of 30 years would necessarily lead someone to believe that wrongful convictions occur “every single day”? There are 2 million+ prisoners every year in America. Many are dumb prosecutions and many are excessive punishments, but you’re looking for something not really there.

That’s not important though.

I suggest you buy yourself this book to truly understand how and why our society sustains such a ghastly prison complex, though you don’t need to look further than comments here on Fanlax by libs enthusiastically supporting a predawn arrest of an elderly American on a NON-VIOLENT warrant by 40 heavily armed agents to understand why the state gets away with this debacle. The book gets to the heart of it, and will upset the liberal in you, but John offers coherent solutions.

https://www.basicbooks.com/titles/john- ... 465096916/
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:47 pm I suggest you buy yourself this book to truly understand how and why our society sustains such a ghastly prison complex, though you don’t need to look further than comments here on Fanlax by libs enthusiastically supporting a predawn arrest of an elderly American on a NON-VIOLENT warrant by 40 heavily armed agents to understand why the state gets away with this debacle.
:lol: Says the guy who thinks we should eliminate bail. I suggest you don't buy that book, and instead tell the Innocent Project about your neat-o idea to eliminate bail. See what they think. When they response "are you freaking serious", you'll know it's time to change the subject.

Your ideas are infantile, Pete. Let me know when you're ready for the big-boy table....where your "values" actually hold together, and make sense.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:58 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:47 pm I suggest you buy yourself this book to truly understand how and why our society sustains such a ghastly prison complex, though you don’t need to look further than comments here on Fanlax by libs enthusiastically supporting a predawn arrest of an elderly American on a NON-VIOLENT warrant by 40 heavily armed agents to understand why the state gets away with this debacle.
:lol: Says the guy who thinks we should eliminate bail. I suggest you don't buy that book, and instead tell the Innocent Project about your neat-o idea to eliminate bail. See what they think. When they response "are you freaking serious", you'll know it's time to change the subject.

Your ideas are infantile, Pete. Let me know when you're ready for the big-boy table....where your "values" actually hold together, and make sense.
https://innocenceproject.org/innocence- ... rial-laws/
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:01 pm

https://innocenceproject.org/innocence- ... rial-laws/
Ssshhhhh, TLD. TrollPete has his fake values all squared around. Don't ruin it !!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

You insert imagined words into other peoples mouths, way too easily.

For instance, I’ve never said ‘bail needs to be eliminated’. Bail is a two edged sword: it can simultaneously be abused by prosecutors to extract guilty pleas from the non violent and innocent, while at the same time it can be completely ignored by progressive DA’s for the violent and guilty. To any normal citizen, it appears as if progressive DA’s revel in letting violent criminals back on the street.

The problem isn’t bail so much as it is progressive prosecutors. Why is this such a difficult concept for you to understand?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

progressives BAAAD....
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:35 am You insert imagined words into other peoples mouths, way too easily.

For instance, I’ve never said ‘bail needs to be eliminated’.
:lol: RIght. You just said it's cheaper to simply deny suspects bail, is all. After telling us how corrupt prosecutors are.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:28 am It takes less money to detain suspects accused of violent crime, rather than releasing them to the streets on zero bail, to cause yet more violent crime (which causes way more money). This ain’t hard, chief.
You can't even remember your own nonsense long enough to troll, Pete.

Take the weekend off. Work on your trolling. Be better, Pete.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:08 am progressives BAAAD....

I see you’re sticking with the ludicrous ‘I’m a Republican’ on another thread.

There isn’t a far, FAR left social issue you disagree with. No matter how insanely batty the position, you’re down with it. Can’t call out BLM violence. Can’t call out Antifa violence.

Trump broke you for good.

It’s really a stunning display.

Always wrong, never in doubt.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:32 pm

There isn’t a far, FAR left social issue you disagree with. No matter how insanely batty the position, you’re down with it. Can’t call out BLM violence. Can’t call out Antifa violence.

This I can agree with, it's remarkably consistent. And the same group of posters will always come to his side NO MATTER WHAT. It's why these forums are a cesspool, there is no room for differing opinions or nuanced discussion if your worldview/ideology does not fit the preferred narrative. I guess these posters feel the need to control discussion is too strong to not show their true colors. These are not people you and I would be interacting with and talking politics outside of maybe the odd lacrosse game. I always remind myself of that. :lol: :lol:

Joe
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:40 pm

This I can agree with, it's remarkably consistent. And the same group of posters will always come to his side NO MATTER WHAT. It's why these forums are a cesspool, there is no room for differing opinions or nuanced discussion if your worldview/ideology does not fit the preferred narrative. I guess these posters feel the need to control discussion is too strong to not show their true colors. These are not people you and I would be interacting with and talking politics outside of maybe the odd lacrosse game. I always remind myself of that. :lol: :lol:

Joe

Yup. The real tell to me is when someone here says they hope your voice is silenced for 6 months. Just truly depressing if you give it too much thought.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:50 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:40 pm

Joe

Yup. The real tell to me is when someone here says they hope your voice is silenced for 6 months. Just truly depressing if you give it too much thought.
+1000

Joe

Return to “POLITICS”