SCOTUS

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: SCOTUS

Post by ggait »

I could go on. It was a setup from go. It deteriorated American culture and comity. The most ironic part of it all? Bork would have been far more moderate than guys like Scalia and Thomas. Democrats never learn.
Horse shirt.

The Dems confirmed Thomas for gods sake. They controlled the Senate at that time. No filibuster of Thomas. Came to the floor for a vote. 11 Dems voted for him!!

Dem controlled Senates have approved multiple GOP SCOTUS nominees, including Thomas, Souter, Kennedy, Stewart, Brennan and Warren.

Last Dem nominee approved by a GOP Senate? 1895.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Sorry Kellyanne, none of that makes Bork special. All it says is a democrat disagreed with his judicial philosophy. Lots of the other 36 nominees had Senators who did not agree with their judicial philosophy. Nothing special about Bork in that regard. You lose - try again.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:11 pm So Kellyanne, spin it for us. What makes Bork so special?? 36 other SCOTUS candidates failed confirmation. What makes him so special? :lol: :lol: He failed confirmation in a bipartisan fashion. What makes him so special?? :roll: :roll:
Because Teddy Kennedy took up the crusade and coined a new phrase in the process. Did the term " borking" a candidate materialize out of nowhere???
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:53 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:11 pm So Kellyanne, spin it for us. What makes Bork so special?? 36 other SCOTUS candidates failed confirmation. What makes him so special? :lol: :lol: He failed confirmation in a bipartisan fashion. What makes him so special?? :roll: :roll:
Because Teddy Kennedy took up the crusade and coined a new phrase in the process. Did the term " borking" a candidate materialize out of nowhere???
... Kennedy was not the source of the phrase. That was made up by the republiCONs.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Not that anyone will be surprised, but that is not the actual takeaway here. The headline is an obtuse reaction to the same rote answer that every SCOTUS nominee is trained to utter, even if the nominee means the opposite.

Barrett and Kavanaugh are opposed to abortion on both judicial as well as moral grounds. Their BS answers were simple sops to the rabid Democratic Senators who would have had hernias had they been truthful.

Jackson is unimpressed if a pregnant woman aborts to the day of delivery. The law to her is entirely inconsequential. Like I said, a DNC operative, straight up, no more no less. She is not a deep thinker and won’t impact the court at all. She will never rule any differently than the furthest FLP leftist nutcase.

You could not find more different opinions if you had a decade. Ignore the headline,
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:06 pm
... Kennedy was not the source of the phrase. That was made up by the republiCONs.
Teddy laid the ground work. I do have to give you credit where credit is due. That is very painful for me. The more I read about Bork and his judicial philosophy he was an arrogant SOB. I can see why Scalia admired him so much. Too bad for Bork that he was the first SCOTUS nominee to have his senate hearing televised. He was unprepared to defend himself and he really was not a very likeable guy. He was very knowledgeable of the law. Some people considered him a genius in that regard. Had he prepared himself for what was in store for him he would have been nominated easily. That could be why every nominee since Bork has had to endure numerous " murder boards" in failing to prepare you are prepared to fail .
Bob Ross:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:12 pm
Teddy laid the ground work. I do have to give you credit where credit is due. That is very painful for me. The more I read about Bork and his judicial philosophy he was an arrogant SOB. I can see why Scalia admired him so much. Too bad for Bork that he was the first SCOTUS nominee to have his senate hearing televised. He was unprepared to defend himself and he really was not a very likeable guy. He was very knowledgeable of the law. Some people considered him a genius in that regard. Had he prepared himself for what was in store for him he would have been nominated easily. That could be why every nominee since Bork has had to endure numerous " murder boards" in failing to prepare you are prepared to fail .
Bork had his opportunity to shine in history. Two senior DOJ officials decided to resign rather than carry out Dick Nixon’s dirty work. Bork chose instead to side with Nixon.

Bork deserved to be Borked.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
ggait

Post by ggait »

Did the term " borking" a candidate materialize out of nowhere???
Most attribute the verb to conservative William Safire fyi.

To repeat. Two Dems voted for Bork. Six Reps voted against him.

The Borking of Bork was a bi-partisan affair. And the Borking was deserved and completely foreseeable and predictable.

Reagan totally forked-up trying to get an extremist and Saturday Night Massacre-ist past a Dem controlled Senate. It was such a spectacularly stupid thing to do, you wonder if Reagan already had Alzheimer's at the time.

Reagan had previously gotten O'Connor, Rhenquist and Scalia through no problem. He subsequently got Kennedy through the Dem controlled Senate no problem.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:12 pm
Bork had his opportunity to shine in history. Two senior DOJ officials decided to resign rather than carry out Dick Nixon’s dirty work. Bork chose instead to side with Nixon.

Bork deserved to be Borked.

DocBarrister
This is one of those instances were Bork did the right thing. How far down the chain of command at the DOJ was Nixon going to fire everybody? Bork made a valid point, the Saturday night massacre changed nothing. Nixons fate was already sealed. So Bork picked Leon Jaworski who carried on the case against Nixon. Nixon could have kept firing everybody at the DOJ until the only person left was the janitor. So tell me what chaos and confusion that would have led to?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:16 pm
Did the term " borking" a candidate materialize out of nowhere???
Most attribute the verb to conservative William Safire fyi.

To repeat. Two Dems voted for Bork. Six Reps voted against him.

The Borking of Bork was a bi-partisan affair. And the Borking was deserved and completely foreseeable and predictable.

Reagan totally forked-up trying to get an extremist and Saturday Night Massacre-ist past a Dem controlled Senate. It was such a spectacularly stupid thing to do, you wonder if Reagan already had Alzheimer's at the time.

Reagan had previously gotten O'Connor, Rhenquist and Scalia through no problem. He subsequently got Kennedy through the Dem controlled Senate no problem.
I ask you the same question I just did in a previous post. How many people would Nixon have fired until he found the shlub he was looking for? So Bork won't fire the 2. So the next person in line is fired and so on and so on and so on. The end result is the entire leadership chain of command at DOJ is gone overnight. Explain for me how that is a good thing. Bork chose Leon Jaworski and the case against Nixon kept going and never missed a beat. Nixon was history before the Saturday night massacre. I don't know the answer to my own question how far down the chain of command can you go at DOJ before you have a real problem with continuity?
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

These hearings are entertaining yet in the end unnecessary.

Why do we even need the physical presence of the liberal justices? If we agree they can have 3 votes, just vote their punch chad every time, regardless of the case, regardless of law, regardless of precedent, regardless of common sense.

They don’t care about law. As if!

Whatever side is anti American, anti speech, anti Bill of Rights, anti Constitution: that’s the left so let’s just vote their decision for them.

Judge Jackson would vote to allow infant murder to the day of birth, even if the baby could easily live outside the womb. I’m not sure she wouldn’t allow it even after birth!

She just claimed she doesn’t know when life starts. Of course not :!:

I truly wonder what God does with those who feverishly support abortion. :shock:

Kagan Sotomajor and Breyer are all the same. Just partisan hacks masquerading as judges. Give them their three lockstep votes and let the adults decide the law.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:01 pm These hearings are entertaining yet in the end unnecessary.

Why do we even need the physical presence of the liberal justices? If we agree they can have 3 votes, just vote their chad every time, regardless of the case, for the leftist side.

They don’t care about law. As if!

Judge Jackson would vote to allow infant murder to the day of birth, even if the baby could easily live outside the womb. I’m not some she wouldn’t allow it even after birth!

She just claimed she doesn’t know when life starts. Of course not
The Constitution doesn't define when life starts, Petey.

And you told us we're supposed to follow the Constitution.

She answered the question correctly, Petey.

You still can't keep your fake values straight, Pete. Be better.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Didn't know about this clown show. DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.... LMAO

I don't really idolize or fetishize politicians like some here. It was refreshing to see the SCOTUS nominee has a husband of 25+ years who happens to be a surgeon. Power Couple all the way and super wholesome. Proper family values. Makes you proud to be an American seeing them.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:22 am Didn't know about this clown show. DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.... LMAO

I don't really idolize or fetishize politicians like some here. It was refreshing to see the SCOTUS nominee has a husband of 25+ years who happens to be a surgeon. Power Couple all the way and super wholesome. Proper family values. Makes you proud to be an American seeing them.
Funny how Dr Ben Carson was a gifted neonatal pediatric surgeon also married to the same woman for many years. I wonder why the pasty faced, mean spirited angry white old liberals on this forum eviscerated him every day. FTR, Ben Carson is also a black man. His downfall was he is the wrong shade of black for the angry, hate filled very old and decrepit white liberal men on this forum. You can't be black and conservative, not in the eyes of you angry old white liberals. Black Americans are suppose to look forward to all the crumbs you hand them in the form of entitlements and say thanka masta while they lick your boot.
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:24 amFunny how Dr Ben Carson was a gifted neonatal pediatric surgeon also married to the same woman for many years. I wonder why the pasty faced, mean spirited angry white old liberals on this forum eviscerated him every day. FTR, Ben Carson is also a black man. His downfall was he is the wrong shade of black for the angry, hate filled very old and decrepit white liberal men on this forum. You can't be black and conservative, not in the eyes of you angry old white liberals. Black Americans are suppose to look forward to all the crumbs you hand them in the form of entitlements and say thanka masta while they lick your boot.

See, there's who you THINK some people are, then there's who they might REALLY be...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:24 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:22 am Didn't know about this clown show. DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.... LMAO

Funny how Dr Ben Carson was a gifted neonatal pediatric surgeon also married to the same woman for many years. I wonder why the pasty faced, mean spirited angry white old liberals on this forum eviscerated him every day. FTR, Ben Carson is also a black man. His downfall was he is the wrong shade of black for the angry, hate filled very old and decrepit white liberal men on this forum. You can't be black and conservative, not in the eyes of you angry old white liberals. Black Americans are suppose to look forward to all the crumbs you hand them in the form of entitlements and say thanka masta while they lick your boot.

Every day more and more black (and Latino) Republicans come out and run for office. 81 this Fall alone.

People have common sense. Race is irrelevant. People see the corrosive effects of Democratic-type policies in places like LA, Baltimore, Venezuela, Russia, Chicago, etc. So more people (regardless of race) are embracing traditional conservative values, all over the world, sometimes in the face of leftist suppression (Canada, Twitter, January 6 detainees etc...). It’s why desantis will win re-election by so much this fall.

When you see the Democratic FLP attack good people like Ben Carson, let them. That kind of transparent racism does nothing but chase away black voters from the DNC promoting them.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:31 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:24 am

Every day more and more black (and Latino) Republicans come out and run for office. 81 this Fall alone.

People have common sense. Race is irrelevant. People see the corrosive effects of Democratic-type policies in places like LA, Baltimore, Venezuela, Russia, Chicago, etc. So more people (regardless of race) are embracing traditional conservative values, all over the world, sometimes in the face of leftist suppression (Canada, Twitter, January 6 detainees etc...). It’s why desantis will win re-election by so much this fall.

When you see the Democratic FLP attack good people like Ben Carson, let them. That kind of transparent racism does nothing but chase away black voters from the DNC promoting them.

If you refuse to answer the question ‘what is a woman?’, honestly you don’t deserve to be a judge, let alone a SCOTUS judge (we know exactly why the radical left won’t define “woman”, btw…look no further than the Lia Thomas catastrophe)

FD5256D7-4F73-4D58-A024-96C8CF70F0B6.jpeg
FD5256D7-4F73-4D58-A024-96C8CF70F0B6.jpeg (154.15 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://i.imgur.com/uoPw6RL.png

Says a commentator on DemUnderground: "Republicans spent yesterday not asking about her views, but assuming them mostly based on her race and gender. A pretty spectacular day for bigotry even by GOP standards."
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”