2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: 2020 Elections - Coming Soon

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:37 pm https://news.grabien.com/story-aoc-sxsw ... ow-montage AOL deserves to be the feature speaker at the 2020 Donkey Kong political conference. She is eloquent and has a clarity in her speaking style few people have. :lol: The only thing missing is her snapping her bubble gum and twirling her hair around her fingers. She is the perfect representative for what the up and coming new Democrats are all about. She will be a proud representative for the present day mindset of up and coming proteges in the Democrat party. She has the mindset and vocabulary of a 13 year old valley girl chatting with her BFFs. Lets send her over to negotiate with Kim, maybe bring Dennis Rodman along with her as a tour guide. I bet Kims interpreters could not even decipher half of what AOC is saying. My guess is they are not fluent in the Bronx variation of valley girl speak. AOC would have to bring another interpreter to clarify what she is trying to say to Kims interpreters... like fer sure you little dudes, your country is like really really rad like ya know... fer sure, like we all just get it so much... hair twirl and gum snap. :roll:
I think this is the wrong road to go down, Cradle. The era of talking at a low level to appeal to certain groups started with DJT, and has proven to be successful. It wouldn’t be hard or take very long to find a collection of Trump statements that make him sound like a 13 year old. Just look at his twitter feed.

https://www.vox.com/2016/8/18/12423688/ ... -linguists
a fan

Post by a fan »

Well that, and this is just how young women speak these days..... drove me nuts until I heard stories that women her age don't hear what we hear. To them, she sounds like an educated American. Us geezers hear something entirely differently. It weirds me out, I'll admit!

Two of my younger PT staffers are "uptalkers." One has "vocal fry."

Sounds like a Seinfeld episode, but NPR did a piece on it...

https://www.npr.org/2015/07/23/42560874 ... ens-voices
DMac

Post by DMac »

Actually, I think it's real wrong to put a clip like that together. Who can't you make sound like a fool if you pick a couple of words out of a sentence and run them together to make them sound completely differently than the way they were used? That clip is a good example of what's wrong with the media/social media.
Be careful of that fry gal, a fan. Lotta psychology going on there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_LmC-ynqGM
a fan

Post by a fan »

Eh, it's a very Colorado thing....stoner-boarders have done it since I was a kid in the 80's.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Beto ( :o ) O''Rourke is the latest Dem to toss his hat in the ring. What a joke. Once Trump's decision to NOT seek a second term is announced in late May, the Republican's Golden Boy, Kevin Downing, will become the odds on favorite to succeed the COOO and become the next POTUS.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

wahoomurf wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:46 am Beto ( :o ) O''Rourke is the latest Dem to toss his hat in the ring. What a joke. Once Trump's decision to NOT seek a second term is announced in late May, the Republican's Golden Boy, Kevin Downing, will become the odds on favorite to succeed the COOO and become the next POTUS.
BETO - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I give him until the end of May to completely burn out. The guy has as much depth as cotton candy - pee flavored cotton candy at that.

If I am wrong - start praying to whatever floats your fancy because the world just got REAL stupid.......
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

HooDat wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:16 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:46 am Beto ( :o ) O''Rourke is the latest Dem to toss his hat in the ring. What a joke. Once Trump's decision to NOT seek a second term is announced in late May, the Republican's Golden Boy, Kevin Downing, will become the odds on favorite to succeed the COOO and become the next POTUS.

I give him until the end of May to completely burn out. The guy has as much depth as cotton candy - pee flavored cotton candy at that.

If I am wrong - start praying to whatever floats your fancy because the world just got REAL stupid.......
Agree. The world was never stupid until Beatoff appeared. He may be worst of the Democrats :evil: who've announced. And that is one incompetent crew of bozos. Hell none of them there Dems possess the financial acumen, intelligence, language skills, compassion, devout Christianity and marital fidelity of the LEADER. The T.F.C,(Trump Felons Contingent) would kick the butt of any one of em'. If Downing works his usual legerdemain, all 5 will be ready to run when Trump formally announces he ain't going to run. Only then can Downing add his name to the prospect list.

The RNC is poring through a list of other possible candidates. The criteria for consideration are relatively few. (1) Familiarity with Omerta; (2) Strict adherence to the precepts found in the "Anglos For American" rule book;(3) Parking your $$$ in approved offshore facilities;(4) Signing a pledge to never consider hiring a woman to your staff; (5) Never ever apologize;and(6) Blame Democrats or NEGROES for your mistakes.

Perhaps a dark horse candidate is that ever consistent, Mr.Never Gonna Change My Mind chap from South Carolina, Lindsey Graham. He's IMO overly cautious. First, It'll be no surprise and second the America of 2019 will be much more forgiving than folks were in the past.

Jordan/Hastert overcame the stigma that once loomed large in the vetting process. Perhaps J/H can convince Lindsey he won't have an issue.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

HooDat wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:16 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/psychedelic-warl ... 51735.html please no longer refer to him as Beto… Psychedelic Warrior sounds much more presidential. :D I guess most of us did stupid things when we were that age.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:37 pm https://news.grabien.com/story-aoc-sxsw ... ow-montage AOL deserves to be the feature speaker at the 2020 Donkey Kong political conference. She is eloquent and has a clarity in her speaking style few people have. :lol: The only thing missing is her snapping her bubble gum and twirling her hair around her fingers. She is the perfect representative for what the up and coming new Democrats are all about. She will be a proud representative for the present day mindset of up and coming proteges in the Democrat party. She has the mindset and vocabulary of a 13 year old valley girl chatting with her BFFs. Lets send her over to negotiate with Kim, maybe bring Dennis Rodman along with her as a tour guide. I bet Kims interpreters could not even decipher half of what AOC is saying. My guess is they are not fluent in the Bronx variation of valley girl speak. AOC would have to bring another interpreter to clarify what she is trying to say to Kims interpreters... like fer sure you little dudes, your country is like really really rad like ya know... fer sure, like we all just get it so much... hair twirl and gum snap. :roll:
I think this is the wrong road to go down, Cradle. The era of talking at a low level to appeal to certain groups started with DJT, and has proven to be successful. It wouldn’t be hard or take very long to find a collection of Trump statements that make him sound like a 13 year old. Just look at his twitter feed.

https://www.vox.com/2016/8/18/12423688/ ... -linguists
I can't disagree with your point. Trump always sounds like he is speaking to a group of 13 year old. AOC grates on me in a different way... like finger nails across a chalk board when she speaks. I can't get the visual out of my head of snapping bubble gum and twirling her hair with her finger. She does speak her mind in a very direct way that 99% of politicians will never do. I found it ironic how so many folks here excoriated Sarah Palin for her unusual manner of speaking and claimed she was stupid. I don't think she should have been VP material but I never believed the woman was dumb. She is just way more redneck than a lot of folks ever felt comfortable with. Perhaps BHO should run a school for politicians to learn how to communicate in his eloquent style. Love him or hate him he has a silver tongue when he starts talking. At least when his BFF TOTUS was around. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

HooDat wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:16 pm The guy has as much depth as cotton candy
Sigh.

This election year is likely to be worse than the last one. I didn't think that was possible.

I saw a great bumper sticker the other day, written like a Campaign Slogan: "Functioning Adult: 2020".
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Another Trump Facebook election

"The big picture: Trump's Facebook influence won't be limited to ad spend. Even though Facebook has experienced a major backlash since the 2016 election, data from news analytics companies suggests that the same organic media trends that propelled Trump's base on Facebook in 2016 are still prevalent leading up to 2020.

National political stories thrive on Facebook, according to data from news analytics company Parse.ly. Since February, almost 28% of all traffic referrals (direct and indirect) to articles about politics, law and government came from Facebook. By comparison, just 9% came from Google.

Partisan news sources also thrive on Facebook. Fox News is the most popular news outlet on Facebook so far in 2019, according to a new report from Newswhip, which measures social engagement. Right-wing publishers like The Daily Wire, Daily Mail and Breitbart almost made the cut, as well as some left-leaning outlets.

The bottom line: “Trump’s digital sophistication was one of the most over-reported stories of the 2016 election cycle," says Bully Pulpit's Schneider. "Trump’s digital head start in the 2020 cycle is one of the most under-reported stories"

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

meme's ...... it's going to just get better.......

https://twitter.com/freebeacon/status/1 ... 75713?s=12
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 1.29.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 1.29.57 PM.png (189.59 KiB) Viewed 1776 times

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

"Gotta get rid of the Electoral College."

First it was Comey

Then it was the Russians

Now its Thomas Jefferson!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:29 pm "Gotta get rid of the Electoral College."

First it was Comey

Then it was the Russians

Oh please. Where were you or Thomas Jefferson when we changed how the position of Vice President was filled? Or Senators for that matter? :roll:

The electoral college only exists because we began this nation as a part slave holding enterprise. 3/5 of a person and the electoral college exist because the south's slave holders required it to join the union.

The Proslavery Origins of the Electoral College.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:01 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:29 pm "Gotta get rid of the Electoral College."

First it was Comey

Then it was the Russians

Oh please. Where were you or Thomas Jefferson when we changed how the position of Vice President was filled? Or Senators for that matter? :roll:

The electoral college only exists because we began this nation as a part slave holding enterprise. 3/5 of a person and the electoral college exist because the south's slave holders required it to join the union.

The Proslavery Origins of the Electoral College.
You're so full of revisionist History BS. The republic was formed and the electoral college created to be sure ALL states would have an equal voice in the federal government. Small states and large states. You first have to assume all the founding fathers were evil bastards to buy your racist BS.

I think they were great men who created a government never seen before the planet. You see them as evil racist mysogynist greedy bastards.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:15 pm I think they were great men who created a government never seen before the planet. You see them as evil racist mysogynist greedy bastards.
this discussion is the undercurrent of our political debates, and it started on our college campuses. There are some very intelligent people who have come to believe that "western civilization" is evil and needs to be torn apart.I don't agree with them, and would go so far as to say the very fact that they can say the things they are saying is a direct result of "western enlightenment". We should also be very careful about what people mean when they talk about western civilization. It is typically a code for Judaeo/Christian culture, which is fine, but lets remember that the true source of western culture is the fertile crescent with a huge emphasis on Constantinople in particular.

Which leads me to the other side of the debate - the not so intelligent folks who fear all change and fell threatened by the way life has moved on them. They have some ugly people standing on the same side of the line of scrimmage (racists/misogynists/etc) who detract significantly from their message, which is not all that hard to do, because many of them are not very erudite.

Those scared people are actually on both sides. One wants to tear the whole house down, the other wants to lock the door and throw away the key.

Most people are in the middle and can see grey and colors and understand nuance, either explicitly or intuitively.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

HooDat wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:43 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:15 pm I think they were great men who created a government never seen before the planet. You see them as evil racist mysogynist greedy bastards.
this discussion is the undercurrent of our political debates, and it started on our college campuses. There are some very intelligent people who have come to believe that "western civilization" is evil and needs to be torn apart.I don't agree with them, and would go so far as to say the very fact that they can say the things they are saying is a direct result of "western enlightenment". We should also be very careful about what people mean when they talk about western civilization. It is typically a code for Judaeo/Christian culture, which is fine, but lets remember that the true source of western culture is the fertile crescent with a huge emphasis on Constantinople in particular.

Which leads me to the other side of the debate - the not so intelligent folks who fear all change and fell threatened by the way life has moved on them. They have some ugly people standing on the same side of the line of scrimmage (racists/misogynists/etc) who detract significantly from their message, which is not all that hard to do, because many of them are not very erudite.

Those scared people are actually on both sides. One wants to tear the whole house down, the other wants to lock the door and throw away the key.

Most people are in the middle and can see grey and colors and understand nuance, either explicitly or intuitively.
I'm sorry, tearing down western civilization is hardly the point of discussing and pointing out what should be obvious to anyone who doesn't swallow the pablum of how great the founders were. They were men, plain and simple, same as today. Petty concerns, self-interest, hates and loves and some better angels. Same mix as today. They wanted a union and they were willing to make a pact with the devil to get it. They did pretty good, but they were very far from perfect.

Only a fool believes the big state - little state nonsense. Look at the times and the issues / conflicts if you want to understand why we have an electoral college. The article I pointed to does a pretty good job of laying it out.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:15 pm I think they were great men who created a government never seen before the planet.
I think the Greeks and Romans might have a quibble with you on this point.... ;)

Return to “POLITICS”