Ivy League 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
FannOLax

Re: Ivy League 2022

Post by FannOLax »

Denver picked up a road win at Ohio State today; this could enhance Yale's kinda recent win against Denver, and perhaps give Dartmouth confidence that it can beat them Buckeyes in Glumpus. The Ivy's OOC win streak also gets tested Tuesday by 6-0 Boston U's visit to Harvard.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

FannOLax wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:33 pm Denver picked up a road win at Ohio State today; this could enhance Yale's kinda recent win against Denver, and perhaps give Dartmouth confidence that it can beat them Buckeyes in Glumpus. The Ivy's OOC win streak also gets tested Tuesday by 6-0 Boston U's visit to Harvard.
Massey favors Harvard by one (12,11). Four of the last five Harvard/BU games have been decided by one goal.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Remember the year, not long ago, although covid has changed the mental time-frame it seems, when, I think it was Cornell, had to win its last IL game or lose by 8+ goals to make the tourney? Something like that.
As the Ivy teams cannibalize themselves this year, '22 could make that year seem like grade school math.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Congratulations to Chayse Ierlan of Cornell for getting Ivy Player of the Week, and to Dartmouth's Colin McGill for being Ivy Rookie of the Week.
https://ivyleague.com/news/2022/3/21/co ... wards.aspx
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

FannOLax wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:38 pm Congratulations to Chayse Ierlan of Cornell for getting Ivy Player of the Week, and to Dartmouth's Colin McGill for being Ivy Rookie of the Week.
https://ivyleague.com/news/2022/3/21/co ... wards.aspx
He was awesome and made so many key saves. Congrats to Chayse. And congrats to another great Ivy rookie and member of the up and coming Big Green.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Looking forward to 2 great OOC games for Harvard and Dartmouth to see if the amazing IVY streak of 17-0 in OOC games and not losing a single one in March can continue.
Harvard plays one of 3 D1 undefeated teams in BU, and Dartmouth gets a true BIG game against the Buckeyes that will give us all a real read on the Big Greens progress.
Both games at 7pm so will have to do a lot of switching back and forth.
Good luck to all 4 teams in what looks like 2 great games.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

joewillie78 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:27 am Looking forward to 2 great OOC games for Harvard and Dartmouth to see if the amazing IVY streak of 17-0 in OOC games and not losing a single one in March can continue.
Harvard plays one of 3 D1 undefeated teams in BU, and Dartmouth gets a true BIG game against the Buckeyes that will give us all a real read on the Big Greens progress.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I think that's a bridge too far at this point, re Dartmouth over Ohio State. I don't see that happening this cycle, much as I'll be rooting for such. We've come a long way, but I don't think that upset is yet in the cards...love to keep it competitive, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a wide margin...I just think Ohio State can score a heck of a lot of goals in bunches. And they're coming off a disappointing loss...

I'm more confident that Harvard is at least ready to beat BU again.
But BU has a very fine tender, and I think will win the FO battle...so, it will take a top notch performance by Harvard to overcome. On the other hand, a very emotional and important win last Saturday might have them a bit emotionally spent.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:29 am
joewillie78 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:27 am Looking forward to 2 great OOC games for Harvard and Dartmouth to see if the amazing IVY streak of 17-0 in OOC games and not losing a single one in March can continue.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I think that's a bridge too far at this point, re Dartmouth over Ohio State. I don't see that happening this cycle, much as I'll be rooting for such. We've come a long way, but I don't think that upset is yet in the cards...love to keep it competitive, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a wide margin...I just think Ohio State can score a heck of a lot of goals in bunches. And they're coming off a disappointing loss...

But BU has a very fine tender, and I think will win the FO battle...so, it will take a top notch performance by Harvard to overcome. On the other hand, a very emotional and important win last Saturday might have them a bit emotionally spent.
If Hincks stands on his head (like he usually does) , then I think he can keep the Big Green within striking distance.
The Harvard/BU game should be a real tight one possibly coming down to a final possession in the 4th.
Either way, 2 great games for 2 IVY programs definitely headed in the right direction.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

joewillie78 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:58 am
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

If Hincks stands on his head (like he usually does) , then I think he can keep the Big Green within striking distance.
The Harvard/BU game should be a real tight one possibly coming down to a final possession in the 4th.
Either way, 2 great games for 2 IVY programs definitely headed in the right direction.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
From your mouth to god's ear... Go Big Green! ;)

Re the Harvard one, I was there in 2015 when it did literally come down to that. Similar dynamics, BU had a terrific net minder, Christian Carson-banister, and absolutely dominated FO's (76% by Sam Talkow) and overall possessions, shots 43-33, etc. Cold, rainy evening at BU. But HU came out with 9-8 W. Down one after Dwyer's go ahead score at 2:05 remaining, the only score in the 4th, BU won the FO again and took 5 shots, including at the buzzer.

It's been crazy how close these contests have been.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:41 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Re the Harvard one, I was there in 2015 when it did literally come down to that. Similar dynamics, BU had a terrific net minder, Christian Carson-banister, and absolutely dominated FO's (76% by Sam Talkow) and overall possessions, shots 43-33, etc. Cold, rainy evening at BU. But HU came out with 9-8 W. Down one after Dwyer's go ahead score at 2:05 remaining, the only score in the 4th, BU won the FO again and took 5 shots, including at the buzzer.

If memory serves me right, I believe that same year, Harvard and Cornell had a real barn burner and Dwyer was key in that game as it went something like this.
Game was tied with about 30 seconds left and Dom Masimillon, our great fogo, won the face off clean and then tried to pass to a wingman NOT EVER seeing Dwyer, who intercepted the pass and went in basically clean to score the winner.
Poor Dom was devastated, and many times when he won a face off that clean, he took it right to the goal.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

Not seeing the Dartmouth vs. OSU game listed on ESPN's various streaming. Is it viewable tonight?
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

b1w7o9y7h wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:41 pm Not seeing the Dartmouth vs. OSU game listed on ESPN's various streaming. Is it viewable tonight?
Game is at Ohio State so it will be streamed on B1G Network +, not ESPN
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

joewillie78 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:28 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

If memory serves me right, I believe that same year, Harvard and Cornell had a real barn burner and Dwyer was key in that game as it went something like this.
Game was tied with about 30 seconds left and Dom Masimillon, our great fogo, won the face off clean and then tried to pass to a wingman NOT EVER seeing Dwyer, who intercepted the pass and went in basically clean to score the winner.
Poor Dom was devastated, and many times when he won a face off that clean, he took it right to the goal.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Yup, with 32 seconds left. Dom won 17 of 23 FO's that day, plus the opening goal off FO with just 8 seconds...as you say, clean and straight down the gut. He won the next as well the same way and passed for a clean shot taken but saved.

And then he won the FO after Dwyer's score, time out with 25 seconds. Nicely set up for a final shot by Buczek at 14 seconds. Dom had a tremendous game (74% plus a goal), and should never have taken any rap for that pass being so craftily picked off by Dwyer. Dom was the reason Cornell had so many more possessions, 10 more total GB's, and 9 more shots than Harvard. He did his job really, really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjcOsb-iOSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o94gRaO8YE
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

boredatwork wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:45 pm
b1w7o9y7h wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:41 pm Not seeing the Dartmouth vs. OSU game listed on ESPN's various streaming. Is it viewable tonight?
Game is at Ohio State so it will be streamed on B1G Network +, not ESPN
Got it. Thanks. Not sure I'll sign up for just one Dartmouth Big 10 game.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Good luck to both Ivy teams facing non-conference opponents tonight. Regarding Harvard versus BU, I just keep thinking — can you imagine how good the Terriers would be if Chris Gray had not transferred?!
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:51 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:28 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Yup, with 32 seconds left. Dom won 17 of 23 FO's that day, plus the opening goal off FO with just 8 seconds...as you say, clean and straight down the gut. He won the next as well the same way and passed for a clean shot taken but saved.

And then he won the FO after Dwyer's score, time out with 25 seconds. Nicely set up for a final shot by Buczek at 14 seconds. Dom had a tremendous game (74% plus a goal), and should never have taken any rap for that pass being so craftily picked off by Dwyer. Dom was the reason Cornell had so many more possessions, 10 more total GB's, and 9 more shots than Harvard. He did his job really, really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjcOsb-iOSo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o94gRaO8YE
Yup, Dom was amazing and I used to watch him on the sideline or coming off the field after losing a face off and he would be beating HIMSELF up unmercifully. He absolutely hated to lose ANY face off and thought he should win them all. I believe the following year when Virginia came to the Kopf possibly #1 in the country and Dom went crazy winning nearly every face off and we won pretty handily, like 14-11. He was so streaky and when he got on a roll, you just couldn't beat him.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

With Harvard's win over BU (assuming that they make it past Dartmouth) we could have four Ivies in the top 12-15 teams.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

13-10 Harvard over BU

Sam King with 4 goals and I had him with an assist on the 13th goal when he stripped the B'U clearing defender and passed to the crease to cheek for the one on one goal.

Mullin and BU's Garber both with 12 saves. BU took 44 shots to Harvard's 37, but Harvard was much more efficient with 25 on cage to BU's 22.

The surprise was Harvard winning 15 of 25 FO's. Huge help especially down the stretch.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Dartmouth was up 6-4 in the 2nd, but Ohio State tied up going into halftime and came out blazing in the 3rd Q, eventually 12-6.

Great first half effort, but OSU better for the 60 as expected, unfortunately.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

faircornell wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:11 pm With Harvard's win over BU (assuming that they make it past Dartmouth) we could have four Ivies in the top 12-15 teams.
Cornell
Princeton
Penn
Harvard
Yale
Isn't that 5? Or does one not make the top 15?
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”