Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
joewillie78

Re: Potential New Top 20

Post by joewillie78 »

lorin wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:54 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:25 pm Wow, you guys ask tough questions. The Army one is easy as the Syracuse win now appears to be less impressive as when it actually happened, and Brown has been ultra impressive.
Penn in my opinion is just an incredibly tough team and always seem to win, even when they are not at their best.
Both could go the way you all pointed out but I really love Brown and Penn and am not looking forward to when my Big Red have to play these 2 great teams.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
What win for Brown is impressive? No top teams in any of those wins
Their are some solid teams they have beaten that have given other teams fits. Your argument is valid but I just like their entire body of work, including their 1 loss. Right now we have 2 standout teams, 4 or 5 very good teams and about 15 teams that are so close, it's tough to separate them all, so for me, it's simply been the so-called eye test and some Ivy League bias.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
lorin

Post by lorin »

joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:05 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:25 pm Wow, you guys ask tough questions. The Army one is easy as the Syracuse win now appears to be less impressive as when it actually happened, and Brown has been ultra impressive.
Penn in my opinion is just an incredibly tough team and always seem to win, even when they are not at their best.
Both could go the way you all pointed out but I really love Brown and Penn and am not looking forward to when my Big Red have to play these 2 great teams.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Their are some solid teams they have beaten that have given other teams fits. Your argument is valid but I just like their entire body of work, including their 1 loss. Right now we have 2 standout teams, 4 or 5 very good teams and about 15 teams that are so close, it's tough to separate them all, so for me, it's simply been the so-called eye test and some Ivy League bias.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
It’s pretty simple I think, what team that Brown beat would be favorite over Syracuse in a game?
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

lorin wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:21 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
It’s pretty simple I think, what team that Brown beat would be favorite over Syracuse in a game?
At Syracuse in the dome? NONE, and Cornell plays Cuse in the dome April 11th, and I'm quite sure ,Syracuse would be favored in most Sports books.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
brown is #10. doubt you're gonna find any or many teams behind them with a litany of better wins at this point.

sunday results aren't in yet.
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I’d probably have Army over Brown, but it’s certainly debatable.
Stony Brook plays Syracuse this weekend—there will be a line on it and I doubt Syracuse would be much more than a pick ‘em.

I’d put UNC @ 9 in Joewillie’s poll though. He defends his choices well, with the caveat of being a Ivy homer. Not sure what more you want!
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

RopeUnit wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:43 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Stony Brook plays Syracuse this weekend—there will be a line on it and I doubt Syracuse would be much more than a pick ‘em.

I’d put UNC @ 9 in Joewillie’s poll though. He defends his choices well, with the caveat of being a Ivy homer. Not sure what more you want!
Thanks RU, Yes, I'm a homer but I still think that I can look at most things objectively. My "homerism" comes into play most when I am torn between 2 close calls, which obviously in most cases I cede to my Ivy teams.
I have no problem putting Brown as high as I did in my poll. That is one solid squad that no one wants to play.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:53 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Thanks RU, Yes, I'm a homer but I still think that I can look at most things objectively. My "homerism" comes into play most when I am torn between 2 close calls, which obviously in most cases I cede to my Ivy teams.
I have no problem putting Brown as high as I did in my poll. That is one solid squad that no one wants to play.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Wait until Cornell takes PTon and he moved then to #1 in front of undefeated UMD/UVA and has all those fans screaming!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:55 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:53 pm
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Wait until Cornell takes PTon and he moved then to #1 in front of undefeated UMD/UVA and has all those fans screaming!
[/quot
LOL, FFG, you know me all too well. And to think all this time I thought I wasn't so transparent. By the way, the Princeton game is a long ways off, and both teams last game before the ILT. I hope I still have the opportunity, of Cornell were to win, to move them to #1.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ride or die Joe!

Maybe bounce the Jets if you want to extend your life a few years in the back end but not the Big Red.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

I put all Ivy League teams in my Fanlax poll this morning, including Dartmouth.

If I had time or a computer algorithm, I'm sure I would have ranked 12-25 differently; but I don't have an algorithm! So teams like Harvard and Dartmouth made it in and were ranked below any teams they lost to head-to-head.

What a mess of a week to do any rankings.

But at some point, losses to worse teams should matter.

Notre Dame was the toughest to rank because all 3 of their losses were to Top 10 teams. I just couldn't pull the trigger on ranking a 1-3 Notre Dame team anywhere near the Top 15.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Wheels wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:40 am I put all Ivy League teams in my Fanlax poll this morning, including Dartmouth.

If I had time or a computer algorithm, I'm sure I would have ranked 12-25 differently; but I don't have an algorithm! So teams like Harvard and Dartmouth made it in and were ranked below any teams they lost to head-to-head.

What a mess of a week to do any rankings.

But at some point, losses to worse teams should matter.

Notre Dame was the toughest to rank because all 3 of their losses were to Top 10 teams. I just couldn't pull the trigger on ranking a 1-3 Notre Dame team anywhere near the Top 15.
Wheels, that's awesome that you also put Dartmouth in your top 25. I was close, and I apologize to the BIG Green faithful who have waited so long for a team that could be considered top 25. I'm sure if they win this week against St. John's that, I will probably have them in mine. Their goalie is one of the tops in the COUNTRY, not just the Ivies.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/DI/polls

Media poll,

Notre Dame still in top ten ?
Syracuse at 17 ?
Ohio State beat ND pretty soundly, but they’re
behind ND ?

Quint has Penn at number 3.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

My new top 25:
1. Maryland
2. Cornell
3. Princeton
4. Virginia
5. Georgetown
6. Rutgers
7. North Carolina
8. Duke
9. Jacksonville
10. Penn
11. Ohio State
12. Yale
13. Boston U.
14. Harvard
15. Notre Dame
16. St. Joseph's
17. Army
18. Brown
19. Navy
20. Lehigh
21. Delaware
22. Syracuse
23. Villanova
24. Denver
25. Dartmouth

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
HGK

Post by HGK »

I’ ll take things that make no sense for $100 Johnny.

What is Jacksonville 9 and Penn 10.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Johnny who? It’s gotta be Art, Alex, Ken, or Mayim.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

The only human polls that interest me are ones by people who can recite, from memory, the scores of every game of every team in their top 20, in order, along with where each was played (home, away, neutral).

Can't do that? Then give me a computer.

So I'll be waiting for tomorrow's Massey update.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

CU77 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:12 pm The only human polls that interest me are ones by people who can recite, from memory, the scores of every game of every team in their top 20, in order, along with where each was played (home, away, neutral).

I can recite ALL the IVY scores, venues and even leading scorers and goalie saves in those games. Does that count?
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

HGK wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:53 pm I’ ll take things that make no sense for $100 Johnny.

What is Jacksonville 9 and Penn 10.
That's easy. I was simply trying to show that I am not a complete IVY homer, as most on this forum think. However I could switch those 2 when I send in my official forum poll. Lol
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

CU77 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:12 pm The only human polls that interest me are ones by people who can recite, from memory, the scores of every game of every team in their top 20, in order, along with where each was played (home, away, neutral).

Totally agree. Joe Willie78 doesn't even wait for all the weekend's games to be complete before entering his top 20.

St. Joseph's at #16 is hilarious. They are ranked that high because they beat a 3-5 Towson team? or because they beat a 2-6 Penn State team? They lost to both Drexel and Delaware, who Joe Willie doesn't even rank in top 20. Where is the quality win to be #16?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”