ODAC 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: ODAC 2022

Post by DeepPocket »

InsiderRoll wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:15 am
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:46 am The only top 20 team in the ODAC this year will be Lynchburg at year end
You’re the saltiest, grumpiest, and pessimistic person on the planet. Just convert fully to a York fan already.
Dehunt, you’re welcomed on the York page with open arms. Much less trolling and name calling goes on there anyway.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

DeepPocket wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:25 am
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:46 am The only top 20 team in the ODAC this year will be Lynchburg at year end
You’re the saltiest, grumpiest, and pessimistic person on the planet. Just convert fully to a York fan already.
Dehunt, you’re welcomed on the York page with open arms. Much less trolling and name calling goes on there anyway.
😂😂😂

Geez we are touchy group. My very last sentence was,” Nice win and have to give coaches and team credit”
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Hahahaha. Dehunt is doing just fine repping LYN👍
1980AllAmerican267

Post by 1980AllAmerican267 »

d3dad6969 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:13 pm The Generals are putting it together. Sydney didn't get off the bus ready for an opponent like that. The Tigers are going to need some serious adjustments if they want to anywhere close to top 4 in ODAC.

Couldn't agree more. The tigers came off the bus rowdy but were quickly silenced by a stifling offensive onslaught from the generals. The men look polished and ready as coach McCabe and co. prepare to lead the men into battle at Gettysburg tomorrow. Vegas has the line at bullets -3.5 right now, but for me the pick has to be the red hot generals at +240; just some friendly advice.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

Looking forward to the RMC vs St. Mary's game. Also Roanoke vs W&L is shaping up to be a good one, both teams seem to be competing at about the same level so far this year!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Generals down 6-3 at half against the Bullets. 12 turnovers 9 of which were not caused just a simple exchanges, Spags is playing well w 10 saves already. Getting out shot 2-1, 27 to 15. Take care of the ball and they are in the game
FerrumLaxDad

Post by FerrumLaxDad »

Big week for Lynchburg with games against Denison and CNU back to back days. If the hornets are able to come away with two big wins it could reshape them as a national contender this year. Game I want to focus on most is the CNU game which I feel could go either way. CNU offense is good but have a lot of guys who struggle to carry the ball with pressure on their hands. If Lynchburg presses out and plays them I see this being a high turnover game for the Captains. However, their offense loves to set picks which is a major flaw I have seen so far this year with the Lynchburg defense. I expect it be a high pace game with both teams pushing a lot of transition.
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

Turnovers are killing them
FerrumLaxDad

Post by FerrumLaxDad »

Don't disagree with this take. Top two teams in the ODAC this year are Washington & Lee and Lynchburg. With the ODAC not being that strong of a conference as a whole out of conference wins are the only way to get in the top 20. A win against a Hampden Sydney or Randolph Macon during ODAC play isn't strong enough to have the committee put you in the top 20. W&L needs a win against Gettysburg and CNU later in the season to get in.
Dehuntshigwa’es

NJlxrdad wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:46 pm Turnovers are killing them
15 Uncaused turnovers out of 22. Hard to win. Great job by Spags with 19 saves. Have to say turnovers has been an issue at W&L for years. Until someone starts taking a seat for poor fundamentals or lax IQ it will continue. Players certainly exhibited effort all 4 qtrs. Finally broke the ice on man up. Tough contests looming, Roanoke offense has been improving. Key match up will be Kammerman, I assume Hubbard will get the nod, exciting matchup
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:19 pm
NJlxrdad wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:46 pm Turnovers are killing them
15 Uncaused turnovers out of 22. Hard to win. Great job by Spags with 19 saves. Have to say turnovers has been an issue at W&L for years. Until someone starts taking a seat for poor fundamentals or lax IQ it will continue. Players certainly exhibited effort all 4 qtrs. Finally broke the ice on man up. Tough contests looming, Roanoke offense has been improving. Key match up will be Kammerman, I assume Hubbard will get the nod, exciting matchup
My take from sitting in the stands:
-W&L couldn't beat anybody 1 on 1....Gettysburg's defense is very good this year and is sneaking up on people
W&L goalie kept it from being a 6-7 goal loss he played well
-I thought the Bullet's played better from restraining line to restraining line I don't know what the groundball stats look like but it seemed Gettysburg had an edge
-Gettysburg seemed to be playing out the 4th qtr to get to CNU and Amherst
MIAAlaxluvr40

Post by MIAAlaxluvr40 »

With lynchburg competing in the mustang classic this weekend, HSC vs. Catholic seems like another good OOC matchup. HSC could prove itself as a top-tier team, and we can ignore their performance last weekend in lexington. Speaking of lexington, w&l faces RMC who could cause some problems. This w&l team already has tough losses to catholic and denison, could they add one more this weekend. Would not be surprised if RMC pulls off the upset and that could be the nail in the coffin for the generals season before it even starts.
Laxfan69

Post by Laxfan69 »

RMC is the only team to play cnu to single digits so far. I don’t know what this means but it seems interesting
Laxfan4380

Post by Laxfan4380 »

Laxfan69 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:28 pm RMC is the only team to play cnu to single digits so far. I don’t know what this means but it seems interesting
it seems like it could be showing that they could still be figuring it out and might cause problems in the ODAC this year
Dehuntshigwa’es

W&L has a 24 game win streak against RM and is 32-2 all time. Let’s not have another eked out win like 14-13 10 years ago. Anything other than a solid game from W&L could be a problem.Have your best game to date snd carry that momentum into the CNU contest.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Nothinbutthelax

1 OOC game left before ODAC conference play.

HSC seems to be losing steam. Catholic is a decent team but was hoping to see a statement win. Can they get it together to challenge for the trophy? Seems that rests on offensive production. Not sure they have the horses and when their good defense and goalie see to much rubber it doesn’t bode well..

RMC seemed like a program to watch after playing CNU early but losses to St. Mary’s and W&L Im selling my options. They don’t have the depth.

NOKE loss to Cortland was disappointing but they are improving and can surprise. Can they knockoff W&L. I don’t think so this year but if young group stays together they will be a tough out in years to come..

W&L has a tough stretch. CNU is fast, creates havoc and will make team pay for the slightest mistake. I don’t see this one close unless Spags stands on his head.. It will be a learning experience they can build upon.. NOKE will push them but them LYN looms.

LYN has Tufts coming in Tuesday. Brutal stretch of games but it’s what Coach K loves as they prep. for another ODAC Championship bell ringing. CNU capitalized on almost all the mistakes. At 4-2 with a good man up look that was saved they stuck a dagger with quick man down heartbreaking goal. Then Hadley makes a great save and CNU caused TO on the break for an empty net goal that was deflating. LYN went 17-25 on clears due to CNU pressure and those TO’s were costly leading to 6 goals. Uncharacteristic for LYN. If you watch that game again LYN defense played great. CNU is patient on settled O and wait for high % shots. Tufts plays that similar brand of lacrosse so I expect a barn burner. There’s talk about a big fall off from RIT, Sal. and CNU, Tufts. Perhaps that’s true but it a long way to May. I still own the LYN options.. They alway learn, improve and will be out for W&L’s when they come of over the mountain on 4/2. They haven’t forgotten their let down last year costing them hosting the tourney..
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

Lynchburg v. Tufts tomorrow, top 10 matchup on a Tuesday night?? Gotta love that.

Tufts is Tufts and it will be interesting to see how Lynchburg does against them. I really can't see Lynchburg pulling this one out though, not sure if they have the athleticism or stick skills needed to beat a tufts team. Think the key for Lynchburg is winning face-offs and getting stops on defense, Lynchburg offense can put up numbers. Tufts can give up a lot of goals but they will score even more. Can't try and beat them at their version of the game, gotta stick to Lynchburg lacrosse.

Overall, I'm taking Tufts in a 21-14 game.

Would love to hear some thoughts.
Nothinbutthelax

I don’t think Tufts score 21.. I’m thinking it will be a close one with LYN pulling out the upset 16-15.. 🤔
- Home field advantage on Shelly is a ++. close confines and will be packed with rousy students pales around the track.
- FO important: have to go 50/50
LYN won 3 in 1st half vs CNU and was down 10-3 @ half.
LYN won every FO in 3rd quarter cutting lead to 13-9 (CNU scored on the very 1st 2 FO’s of that quarter)
LYN won only 2 of the 9 FO’s in the 4th quarter yet LYN still pulled close at 15-13. (CNU scored on the last 2. After the deflating delay call on a clear followed by a FO clamp to own goal back to back….damn)
- LYN won’t go 17-25 clearing again.. most of those were mistakes by unforced by LYN which was very uncharacteristic. They play a fast game and, to CNU credit, just didn’t capitalize on opportunities..They have seen film and will handle pressure better.
- LYN goalie need 14-15 saves.. whoever it is will be tested. Both Moore and Hadley are capable.
- Lewis will not be shut down
- Rust is coming into his own now that he knows he need to initiate against the 3rd pole or shorty..
- Tall order for Dom Zingo tonight against Bredahl. Maybe Marindin, the punisher, will cover him. Looking for ward to seeing him play..

Looking forward to see W&L match up with CNU too.. If Cabaniss is sidelined and W&L can control time of possession they may have a chance but feel CNU will close them out 2nd half 18-9. Hoping they can score that many but against. 1st team AA pole that shut down Lewis I’m not sure they have enough firepower to hang.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

ShenandoahLaxDad wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:29 pm Overall, I'm taking Tufts in a 21-14 game.

Would love to hear some thoughts.
I don't think that this is a bad prediction at all. I think Tufts RIT and Salisbury are a level above Lynchburg and I can see a score similar to the Amherst game as the outcome. I'm guessing 18 - 13 Tufts. Rooting for Lynchburg to pull the upset though!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”