Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Peter Brown

Re: Conservative Ideology

Post by Peter Brown »

CU88 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:34 am When Russia sanctioned Canada, it barred leaders from all major federal parties, including conservative leaders.

But when Russia sanctioned the U.S., it barred Democratic leaders only. It didn’t name a single GOP leader.

The signal couldn’t be clearer.

Is anyone else still blown away that Justin Trudeau seized bank accounts of peaceful protesters without a court order or even formal charges? Peaceful protesters. Not harming anyone physically.

Just stunning.

How is this not the biggest story in North America?! I wake up every day and think about this plaintively totalitarian move. To not be outraged by it is to condone the same action when a Trump-like guy assumes our Presidency.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:31 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:36 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:18 pm RepubliCON dumbasses are coming out of the woodwork. Evolution ain't a thing if you listen to Herschel Walker. :roll:
I understand your hatred towards Mr Walker...wrong shade of black and all. Damn if I know why you FLP types want to keep a black man in chains in the year 2022 still. Your FLP whitism has done so much to help black families. Don't worry about finding a job.. we will take real good care of you... How much has been spent in the war on poverty???
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice try very short stick. His dumbass-ness has nothing to do with his color.
That's what all you white liberals say when your criticizing a black man/woman. So long as you keep them there black folks you thinks is dumbasses out of office your golden with that. I bet you would never say that to Herschel Walkers face? I would love to be in the same room when you called him a dumbass to his face. Maybe socialized medicine would heal your wounds?? You prove something I have always known.. you white liberals really don't like or support black folk.. unless they are the right shade of black.
cradle, are you cool with any man, black, white purple being in the Senate in 2022 who doesn't believe evolution is real...and his logic...about man from apes...? That's a guy you'd support for office???

Is Walker supposed to get a pass for being an idiot just because he's black???
Good question. Jesse Jackson was running for POTUS when he made his "Hymie town" comments. He was given a pass for being an idiot and showing his hatred towards Jews. You would have to more clearly define how you describe who an idiot is. IMO Herschel Walker would not get my vote. It is for the people of Georgia to decide. The fact you are "stupid" should not exclude any candidate. We have a 100 Senators that to varying degrees can be described as idiots in many peoples eyes.
Jackson would not have received my vote, for that and other comments. Not due to his brain power, but for a bigotry that tainted his otherwise interesting message.

Different, important issue. Only thing similar is the color of those two men's skins.

But no, we should not entrust the level of decision making to "stupid" people who literally don't have the capacity nor disposition to actually understand the issues they are addressing. Walker demonstrates, yet again, that he's not qualified...in this voter's view.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:23 pm

Associated Pravda propaganda nonsense.
Notwithstanding '72's hyperbole added, which facts in the article are inaccurate, Mister I prefer RT?

It’s kind of hard to ignore jhu72’s hyperbole since that was his point. But let’s skip that.

It’s a highly partisan article, misleading, and predictable.

1. Jane Timken is married to Tim Timken who’s retired from the company but serves on the board. Timken has operations all over the world; market cap of $5 billion. ‘Russia’ accounts for less than 2% of sales. So disregarding the misogyny of blaming the wife for a husbands work, how upset are you with the following American companies with Russian operations:

http://www.aalep.eu/american-companies-operating-russia

Heck I own apple and McDonald’s stock….am I conflicted too :roll: :lol: ?!?

What horsheshid as Cradle says.

2. Because JD Vance is invested with a tiny contribution to Rumble, and because Rumble markets itself as a free speech platform, and because the government of Russia posts its hysterically dumb videos on Rumble, now Vance is compromised?!? Ayfkm?!

Twitter carries the account of the Iranian president who constantly calls for the elimination of Jews and Israel. Are you angry with Jack Dorsey? Is he compromised as a political donor?

3. Gibbons’ investment bank did 1 deal in 20 years, out of a thousand deals, as a junior advisor, to some Russian M$A transaction, and he’s compromised?! Gosh, I hope you don’t own any Goldman shares!!! They’ve had a full fledged office in Moscow for decades, doing hundreds of deals.

The article is typical American Pravda, hiding behind inconsequential, nonsensical semi-truths to call into question the entirety of every Republican’s characters. It’s dumb and needs to be called out. It’s a partisan hit job.

Instead, you and jhu72 champion the article as ‘evidence’ of something that on its face is misleading, offensive, and silly. And you’ll continue to do so, of course, because you don’t really care about the truth here, just trying to slyly attack good folks like Jane from the safety of the Internet shadows. You take wildly inconsequential and misleading semi-truths and gleefully claim you’re vindicated.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Actually, this is a fight between GOP contenders as to which is most tainted by their Russian ties. Dems may be licking their chops at all the in-fighting, but it's a battle inside the GOP right now.

Looks to me like Vance and Gibbons went after Timken indeed, seems to me unfairly, particularly as she was taking a pro-Ukraine, anti-Putin policy position, but have a lot of 'splaining to do themselves.

But far more important than those various connections, which you dismiss, but are indeed factual, are the actual positions and actions at present. Vance bothers me the most at this point...I think he's rather scummy and has decided to lay down with scum, ala Rumble.

BTW, McDonalds closed its outlets. I assume Apple has as well. Pretty sure Goldman has suspended any operations there.

At this point, unless you are taking a stand against Putin and his war and propaganda machine, you're on that side and voters will rightly hold you to account. Vance and Rumble are still on the wrong side of this.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:57 am Actually, this is a fight between GOP contenders as to which is most tainted by their Russian ties. Dems may be licking their chops at all the in-fighting, but it's a battle inside the GOP right now.

Looks to me like Vance and Gibbons went after Timken indeed, seems to me unfairly, particularly as she was taking a pro-Ukraine, anti-Putin policy position, but have a lot of 'splaining to do themselves.

But far more important than those various connections, which you dismiss, but are indeed factual, are the actual positions and actions at present. Vance bothers me the most at this point...I think he's rather scummy and has decided to lay down with scum, ala Rumble.

BTW, McDonalds closed its outlets. I assume Apple has as well. Pretty sure Goldman has suspended any operations there.

At this point, unless you are taking a stand against Putin and his war and propaganda machine, you're on that side and voters will rightly hold you to account. Vance and Rumble are still on the wrong side of this.

I knew you wouldn’t be humble and cop to misleading hyperbole yourself, so again with the predictably gleeful junior varsity sniping. ‘most tainted’ ‘splaining’ ‘factual’ ‘scummy’ ‘wrong side’ ‘licking their chops’.

Tell me you don’t know Timken also suspended operations?!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:06 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:57 am Actually, this is a fight between GOP contenders as to which is most tainted by their Russian ties. Dems may be licking their chops at all the in-fighting, but it's a battle inside the GOP right now.

I knew you wouldn’t be humble and cop to misleading hyperbole yourself, so again with the predictably gleeful junior varsity sniping. ‘most tainted’ ‘splaining’ ‘factual’ ‘scummy’ ‘wrong side’ ‘licking their chops’.

You missed my point. Timken is doing the right thing in her policy positions. The company is doing the right thing with its business operations. I have no issue with that.

The attack on her appears to be backfiring, and IMO, rightfully so.

By contrast, yes "scummy" Vance and Rumble are doing the wrong thing. I feel that strongly, no hyperbole needed.

Don't know the Gibbons story but it appears he does have some 'splaining to do of his own if he's attacking Timken for being supportive of Ukraine despite her husband having business operations in Russia.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:29 am

You missed my point. Timken is doing the right thing in her policy positions. The company is doing the right thing with its business operations. I have no issue with that.

By contrast, yes "scummy" Vance and Rumble are doing the wrong thing. I feel that strongly, no hyperbole needed.

Don't know the Gibbons story but it appears he does have some 'splaining to do of his own if he's attacking Timken for being supportive of Ukraine despite her husband having business operations in Russia.

Fair.

I’m a Jane Timken fan, though Gibbons is leading. Vance and Mandel get all the press for obvious reasons. Tim Ryan (D) would be awful for the state, similar to Sherrod Brown. Not a bad guy, but unfortunately a rubber stamp for awful leftist judges who do a ton of real damage to America.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:29 am

Fair.

I’m a Jane Timken fan, though Gibbons is leading. Vance and Mandel get all the press for obvious reasons. Tim Ryan (D) would be awful for the state, similar to Sherrod Brown. Not a bad guy, but unfortunately a rubber stamp for awful leftist judges who do a ton of real damage to America.
I'll look more into Timken, but as my idea of a pretty darn good Dem to support would be Tim Ryan and for that matter Sherrod Brown, it would be an unusual R to prefer that choice at this stage of the GOP's swing to authoritarianism. And no, I'm not remotely worried about "leftist judges" from the Biden Admin.

I find Brown's "dignity of work" message very attractive. Ryan skews almost conservative, certainly a moderate, and similarly focused on working class issues. I think that's far preferable to the aggressively far left, elitist positioning that much of the Dem party slips into at times.

I want voices like Ryan's to be valued in the Dem Party.

That said, I'll applaud the GOP if it begins to reject the risks wing scummy trend.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:59 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:18 pm RepubliCON dumbasses are coming out of the woodwork. Evolution ain't a thing if you listen to Herschel Walker. :roll:
I understand your hatred towards Mr Walker...wrong shade of black and all. Damn if I know why you FLP types want to keep a black man in chains in the year 2022 still. Your FLP whitism has done so much to help black families. Don't worry about finding a job.. we will take real good care of you... How much has been spent in the war on poverty???
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice try very short stick. His dumbass-ness has nothing to do with his color.
That's what all you white liberals say when your criticizing a black man/woman. So long as you keep them there black folks you thinks is dumbasses out of office your golden with that. I bet you would never say that to Herschel Walkers face? I would love to be in the same room when you called him a dumbass to his face. Maybe socialized medicine would heal your wounds?? You prove something I have always known.. you white liberals really don't like or support black folk.. unless they are the right shade of black.
cradle, are you cool with any man, black, white purple being in the Senate in 2022 who doesn't believe evolution is real...and his logic...about man from apes...? That's a guy you'd support for office???

Good question. Jesse Jackson was running for POTUS when he made his "Hymie town" comments. He was given a pass for being an idiot and showing his hatred towards Jews. You would have to more clearly define how you describe who an idiot is. IMO Herschel Walker would not get my vote. It is for the people of Georgia to decide. The fact you are "stupid" should not exclude any candidate. We have a 100 Senators that to varying degrees can be described as idiots in many peoples eyes.
Jackson would not have received my vote, for that and other comments. Not due to his brain power, but for a bigotry that tainted his otherwise interesting message.

Different, important issue. Only thing similar is the color of those two men's skins.

But no, we should not entrust the level of decision making to "stupid" people who literally don't have the capacity nor disposition to actually understand the issues they are addressing. Walker demonstrates, yet again, that he's not qualified...in this voter's view.
I have questions about him as well. That is why I would not vote for him. I don't believe he is stupid. He has admitted he has had issues that he has had to deal with. I did a poor job of making my point. I will phrase it a different way... If Herschel Walker was a stone cold FLP type of guy would anybody dare insult his intelligence??? This is an issue that I say again will be decided by people of Georgia. I know my opinion means zippo except that I probably would not vote for him. The fact Herschel Walker has near legendary status playing football in Georgia only works in his favor. That is an advantage that can not be overlooked. My buddy in South Carolina made a sarcastic comment the other day that made me stop and think... If OJ Simpson ran for mayor of LA, could he win? Would he lose as a Republican and win as a Democrat???? OJ Simpson is also a hero in LA. FYI, OJ Simpson was my all time favorite Buffalo Bill as a teenager. If he ran for any office in NYS after 1976 he would have got my vote. You neglect to add the importance of legendary hero status which Herschel Walker has in the state of Georgia.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

More stupidity from a republiCON Ohio senate candidate. Kellyanne's boy Gibbson is selling ancient discredited racist tropes. :roll: Perfect for the republiCON / Trumpnista party. He'll do well.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:48 pm

I have questions about him as well. That is why I would not vote for him. I don't believe he is stupid. He has admitted he has had issues that he has had to deal with. I did a poor job of making my point. I will phrase it a different way... If Herschel Walker was a stone cold FLP type of guy would anybody dare insult his intelligence??? This is an issue that I say again will be decided by people of Georgia. I know my opinion means zippo except that I probably would not vote for him. The fact Herschel Walker has near legendary status playing football in Georgia only works in his favor. That is an advantage that can not be overlooked. My buddy in South Carolina made a sarcastic comment the other day that made me stop and think... If OJ Simpson ran for mayor of LA, could he win? Would he lose as a Republican and win as a Democrat???? OJ Simpson is also a hero in LA. FYI, OJ Simpson was my all time favorite Buffalo Bill as a teenager. If he ran for any office in NYS after 1976 he would have got my vote. You neglect to add the importance of legendary hero status which Herschel Walker has in the state of Georgia.
I'm not neglecting a darn thing. Yes, a terrific running back and a 'hero' to many in Georgia; good personal story...that's what he has going for him, name recognition...and some enthusiastic GOP folks eager to have a black candidate who will toe their line. Might therefore win.

But we weren't discussing his likelihood of being elected. We were discussing whether he's fit to be a Senator and in my opinion not remotely.

Nor would OJ even before his downfall as an icon. Which doesn't mean that he couldn't have won pre downfall.

And no, Walker's wackiness and lack of logical thinking would not be 'overlooked' if he had left wing views.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

If Walker was a Democrat, I would like to think I'd be asking, mortified, "Can we not do better than this guy?"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:42 pm If Walker was a Democrat, I would like to think I'd be asking, mortified, "Can we not do better than this guy?"

You would? Born in a blue-collar family in smalltown Georgia with six siblings, studious, overweight, stutterer, found a way, no excuses, Valedictorian of his high school, Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice at Georgia, business owner, mental health advocate after being diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder after retiring from pro football.

That ‘mortifies’ you?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:42 pm If Walker was a Democrat, I would like to think I'd be asking, mortified, "Can we not do better than this guy?"
... yes. The guy running against him. :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:26 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:48 pm

I'm not neglecting a darn thing. Yes, a terrific running back and a 'hero' to many in Georgia; good personal story...that's what he has going for him, name recognition...and some enthusiastic GOP folks eager to have a black candidate who will toe their line. Might therefore win.

But we weren't discussing his likelihood of being elected. We were discussing whether he's fit to be a Senator and in my opinion not remotely.

Nor would OJ even before his downfall as an icon. Which doesn't mean that he couldn't have won pre downfall.

And no, Walker's wackiness and lack of logical thinking would not be 'overlooked' if he had left wing views.
Not for nothing but all that " logical" thinking that exists today got us into the mess we are in today. Maybe a little bit of illogical thinking might work a little bit in DC, unless your somehow impressed at the 100 Senators serving this country today. They have not impressed me as a collective group that they can solve anything. They sure can talk a good game. As for Mr Walker, the folks of Georgia will decide. I don't know about you, but I'm fine with that.
Bob Ross:
DocBarrister

Fascist Trump Promotes More Violence

Post by DocBarrister »

Donald Trump, Steve Bannon, Tucker Carlson, Michael Flynn and the other leaders of the American neofascist movement are very generous, in their own sinister fashion. They make their escalating threats of right-wing violence, insurrection and other forms of mayhem in public. There is little skulduggery or subterfuge involved.

Why are they so bold? Because they have suffered no serious long-term negative consequences for their behavior. And for the most part, the Republican fascists and the larger white right are winning in their war against American democracy. Momentum is on their side. Why should they conceal their intentions?

… Last Saturday at a rally in Florence, South Carolina, Donald Trump continued with his threats of white supremacist violence. He suggested that his political cult members should enter into a lethal blood pact and fight an existential battle against the phantasm of "critical race theory" as proof of their loyalty ….

Trump's commands are part of a larger pattern of behavior. At recent rallies in Arizona and Texas, he made similar hints at a "race war", and other appeals to fascist violence. His threats are becoming ever clearer and less veiled: His suggestion that his followers must be willing to die in order to stop the imaginary threat of "critical race theory" almost directly echo the infamous neo-Nazi "14 words" slogan and pledge.

https://www.salon.com/2022/03/17/donald ... esnt-care/

It’s clear that Trump’s fascist movement, closely aligned with the Pro-Putin fascist personality cult, is increasingly focused on promoting violence.

We are living in dangerous times.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU88

Post by CU88 »

Funny how those who complain about immigrants maintaining their cultural heritage in America are never talking about St. Patrick's Day.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Even if he was running against a Republican?? Are you saying that in this instance you would support the Republican??? I always believed that the ideologies of BOTH parties was rock solid. The worst candidate of your party was always superior to the best candidate of their party... If your a Democrat and the other parties candidate happens to be a black man it becomes very hard for you as a white liberal to criticize the black candidate without being labeled a racist. Your party created these ground rules, it sucks to no end when you have to play by them. I am enjoying reading all the posts from you FLP folks trying to tap dance around your own hypocrisy. If Herschel Walker was running as a FLP you all would be singing the praises of all the obstacles he has had to overcome in his life. So i can introduce a tangential topic here. The FLP leadership of SUNY Brockport invited a convicted cop killer on campus to "share his perspective" as a political prisoner after murdering 2 police officers. I introduced this topic in another thread. I figured a bunch of the "usual FLP suspects" would chime in and tell me what a racist white guy i was. Even the always never at a loss for words MD Lax had nothing to say. If this murdering cop killing SOB can be respected for his "PERSPECTIVE ON MURDERING A COP" and invited to share his perspective from a salivating group of FLP supporters then Herschel Walker is more than capable of being the US Senator from Georgia. The door is open here all you Fanlax folks... what say you???
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:54 am Funny how those who complain about immigrants maintaining their cultural heritage in America are never talking about St. Patrick's Day.
So I'm guessing you don't like corn beef and cabbage as well? ;) I'm Irish and German by my heritage. My grandmother, whose relatives came off the boat from Ireland never ate corn beef and cabbage as a traditional food. They were potato people, hence why the Irish potato rot forced them to immigrate to the US. The German side of me still loves Knockwurst, Kraut and potatoes and carrots. Maybe you should look in the fields for a 4 leaf clover and see if there is a pot o gold at the end of the rainbow. In doing so you better not tick off any Leprechauns in the process.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”