The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by youthathletics »

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbDKMPrjaE ... =copy_link

Seems he keeps his word, except when he’s in charge. I think. It’s all Putin’s fault.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:48 pm https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbDKMPrjaE ... =copy_link

Seems he keeps his word, except when he’s in charge. I think. It’s all Putin’s fault.

Great video.

Explains why he’s -24 on the economy with voters right now, in a liberal poll…. :lol:

33B2C221-9A27-45A2-8FC9-CDDFA981E258.png
33B2C221-9A27-45A2-8FC9-CDDFA981E258.png (141.24 KiB) Viewed 682 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:48 pm https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbDKMPrjaE ... =copy_link

1. So you're telling me that it's not just "the other party" who don't keep their promises? Are you sure? Because you guys keep telling me different.

2. $1000 says that 99.9% of Americans think that Biden can actually control oil production in the US. What everyone leaves out is: all he can control, and even this is tenuous, are Federal leases for extraction on FEDERAL lands. That's it. And not all leases are created equal. One lease can produce what you'd get from 100 leases.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:02 pm

1. So you're telling me that it's not just "the other party" who don't keep their promises? Are you sure? Because you guys keep telling me different.

2. $1000 says that 99.9% of Americans think that Biden can actually control oil production in the US. What everyone leaves out is: all he can control, and even this is tenuous, are Federal leases for extraction on FEDERAL lands. That's it. And not all leases are created equal. One lease can produce what you'd get from 100 leases.
1. TAATS We even have a thread to prove it.
2. He said what he said. And because he “can’t” control production of oil...he compounds the problems by only making matters worse to do the very thing That could help. Like stealing your wallet, then helping you try to find it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:15 pm
2. He said what he said. And because he “can’t” control production of oil...he compounds the problems by only making matters worse to do the very thing That could help. Like stealing your wallet, then helping you try to find it.
Yep. And Trump made these claims. And Obama. And Bush......

It's up to us to see through the lies on BOTH sides of the discussion. He can't REALLY restrict oil production....false promise to libs.

And he can't REALLY restrict oil production....making the Republican claims that he did that a lie, too.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:20 pm

It's up to us to see through the lies on BOTH sides of the discussion. He can't REALLY restrict oil production....false promise to libs.

And he can't REALLY restrict oil production....making the Republican claims that he did that a lie, too.

OMG…you’ll do anything to excuse this inept administration, man. Unreal.

Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman said part of the reason why energy prices are so high is that financing for fossil fuel companies is “almost impossible” to attain.

BlackRock CEO Larry Fink also admitted that administration policies that restrict the “supply of hydrocarbons has created energy inflation” and that it is not transitory.

Christopher Wood of Jeffries said that the “political attack” on oil and gas “has removed the incentive for investment in the sector despite its lingering importance.”

Western Energy Alliance President Kathleen Sgamma said oil and gas producers are unable to access capital because the Biden administration is “putting so much pressure on banks not to lend to producers in the name of climate change.”

The Biden administration is choking off capital to oil and gas. The Biden Treasury Department released guidance for multilateral development banks “to end American financial support for traditional energy production projects in developing countries around the world, likely ceding future development and exploration to Chinese interests.”

Saule Omarova, his Marxist nominee to head the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) stated her desire to bankrupt traditional energy producers; this office influences the direction of lending by threatening to issue cease and desist orders for actions the OCC views as incompatible with global warming mandates.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

^ pro oil propaganda

Now here's the patriotic truth:

Price-Gouging Oil Companies Need to Pay a Windfall Tax
Prices at the pump are shooting up as oil companies turn massive profits. A windfall-profits tax could go a long way toward providing relief for working families.

https://www.thenation.com/article/polit ... a-oil-tax/

Even before Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine shocked energy markets and sent oil prices to over $100 a barrel, Exxon was banking obscene profits. On February 1, the Texas-based fossil fuel giant announced profits of almost $9 billion for the fourth quarter of 2021—its biggest take in seven years. Exxon didn’t have to party alone; Chevron, Shell, and BP were announcing surpluses of only slightly less startling proportions.

“Combined, the four companies raked in $24.4 billion in quarter four of 2021, bringing their total profits for last year to over $75.5 billion. Chevron, Shell, BP, and Exxon used these bloated profits to shower billions onto their shareholders—including their wealthy executives whose salaries are heavily padded with stocks,” reported the watchdog group Accountability.US. “In 2021, the four companies bought back over $6.6 billion in stocks while hiking up their dividends. And the oil giants are planning for an ‘even better’ 2022 for shareholders, with plans already in place to buyback over $22 billion in stock thanks to high oil prices.”

In fact, 2022 could be dramatically better for Exxon and the other major oil companies.

Now that the United States is refusing to buy Russian oil, prospects for profiteering by energy conglomerates have expanded exponentially. Prices at the pump are shooting up to a national average of $4.17 a gallon, the highest charge in the nation’s history.

President Joe Biden acknowledged the problem when he announced the US embargo against Russian oil Tuesday. “Russia’s aggression is costing us all, and it’s no time for profiteering or price gouging,” he said. “This is a time when we have to do our part and make sure we’re not taking—we’re not taking advantage.”

Unfortunately, “taking advantage” is what oil companies do. The public-interest environmental law group Earthjustice observed this week, “While Ukrainians fight for their lives, the oil industry has pounced on an opportunity to profit economically and politically.” How so? With further spikes in gas prices and a predatory lobbying strategy that seeks to leverage the crisis for all it is worth.

“The oil and gas industry and their allies in Congress have pushed a false narrative that the fault of rising gas prices lies with the White House and are shamelessly preying on the fears of working families concerned about prices at the pump to extract big regulatory policy wins to enhance their future profits,” said Drew Caputo, Earthjustice’s vice president of litigation for lands, wildlife, and oceans. “Big Oil’s latest demand—immediately open more public lands for drilling—is both illegal and will do nothing to lower gas prices for everyday Americans.”

The answer to oil industry lobbyists should be a firm “no.”

But it shouldn’t stop there, said Senator Bernie Sanders. “We can no longer allow big oil companies, huge corporations, and the billionaire class to use the murderous Russian invasion of Ukraine and the ongoing pandemic as an excuse to price gouge consumers,” the Vermont independent declared two days after the invasion began. “It is time to enact a windfall profits tax and reasonable price controls.”

That’s not a radical idea. President Franklin Roosevelt’s administration used such a tax to prevent profiteering during World War II. It was more aggressive than what lawmakers are proposing today: top tax rates that could go as high as 90 percent on the excess profits of corporations and 95 percent for wealthy individuals.

In conversations with The Nation late last month, Representative Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) took the idea a step further, suggesting that money raised from a windfall profits tax should be used “to provide relief for working families” struggling to heat their homes and get to work—families who never got the benefits they were promised in the Democrats’ Build Back Better agenda. Khanna suggested modeling the US approach on one being proposed by British Labour Party leader Keir Starmer, with whom he recently met.

Sanders and Khanna are often well ahead of the curve when it comes to policy matters, especially on issues of corporate accountability. But their ideas are gaining traction as gas prices soar, and Investor’s Business Daily gleefully notes, “Skyrocketing oil prices might sting at the pump. But if you own S&P 500 energy stocks—you’re about to be on the receiving end of a profit gusher this year.”

Rhode Island Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, a key Democratic member of the Senate Finance Committee, announced this week that he is exploring options for an immediate intervention to assure that Exxon and other oil companies do not “profit by billions off Ukraine’s misfortune and Putin’s cruelty, and plow that money back into climate denial and political dark money, extending their vicious cycle of profit and corruption.”

Whitehouse’s office told Bloomberg that the senator is working, along with Massachusetts Democrat Elizabeth Warren and several other Democrats, on a plan that would require energy companies that produce or import more than 300,000 barrels of oil a day “to pay a per-barrel tax equal to 50% of the difference between the current price of a barrel and the average price from the years 2015 to 2019, a period in which energy companies were recording large profits.”

Revenues from the windfall-profits tax would go to working-class individuals and families in the form of payments ranging from $240 to $360 a year, according to Whitehouse’s office.

To prevent multinational energy conglomerates from jacking up prices and shifting expenses to consumers, the Whitehouse plan would exempt small companies from the new tax, giving them the flexibility to charge prices lower than the oil giants’. Another option would be to impose the price controls that Sanders suggests.

Whatever the precise approach, action needs to be taken.

“The fossil fuel industry should not be allowed to take advantage of a crisis by artificially hiking prices and collecting a massive windfall,” said Whitehouse after Biden announced the Russian oil embargo. A windfall-profits tax can help to address the immediate crisis, argued the senator.

Ultimately, however, “it is clear we have to get off the fossil fuel merry-go-round controlled by a corrupt cartel,” Whitehouse added. “There can be no ‘energy independence’ as long as we power our economy with commodities whose prices are determined by global events beyond our control.”

People are calling for "sacrifices" such as soldiers to volunteer to do the fighting that Ukrainians won't do for themselves. If people need to sacrifice then it follows that greedy corporate capitalists who make excess profits need to do their part as well.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Is the Trump deal that slashed oil production still in effect?

It was originally ending in April 2022. Didn't know if that had been re-negotiated.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That taats thread of one is evidence of what?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I need to install a grounded electrical outlet for my subwoofer….you have any tips?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:04 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:20 pm

OMG…you’ll do anything to excuse this inept administration, man. Unreal.

Blackstone CEO Stephen Schwarzman said part of the reason why energy prices are so high is that financing for fossil fuel companies is “almost impossible” to attain.

BlackRock CEO Larry Fink also admitted that administration policies that restrict the “supply of hydrocarbons has created energy inflation” and that it is not transitory.

Christopher Wood of Jeffries said that the “political attack” on oil and gas “has removed the incentive for investment in the sector despite its lingering importance.”

Western Energy Alliance President Kathleen Sgamma said oil and gas producers are unable to access capital because the Biden administration is “putting so much pressure on banks not to lend to producers in the name of climate change.”

The Biden administration is choking off capital to oil and gas. The Biden Treasury Department released guidance for multilateral development banks “to end American financial support for traditional energy production projects in developing countries around the world, likely ceding future development and exploration to Chinese interests.”

Saule Omarova, his Marxist nominee to head the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) stated her desire to bankrupt traditional energy producers; this office influences the direction of lending by threatening to issue cease and desist orders for actions the OCC views as incompatible with global warming mandates.

a fan defends Biden, saying his man ‘doesn’t control prices at the pump’. Yet Joe certainly took credit for it when things looked better! :lol:

31FD419F-29F7-402F-BB78-EAEDE8676CAF.jpeg
31FD419F-29F7-402F-BB78-EAEDE8676CAF.jpeg (155.69 KiB) Viewed 624 times
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I believe a fan said that both sides BS about how they can impact oil supply, prices, etc. Restrict, increase, ALL Presidents have very little actual control, especially in the short and medium term...his point was also that most Americans buy that BS, don't understand how little control Presidents actually have.

We see it here on this thread, over on the climate thread etc.

Carbon investors will ALWAYS whine about how taxes, regulations, financing are not favorable to their interests...they do so even when there are major exploration tax credits...'they aren't big enough'...always has been the case that the industry has understood that they can manipulate government through their lobbying efforts, increasing their corporate profitability.

But none of that actually impacts world oil prices in a material way. Nor actual exploration and drilling behaviors beyond at the margin. Fracking, for instance, wasn't discovered because there was 'favorable' government policy, it was an innovation that enabled producers to extract resources at a cost below expected world prices driven by demand/supply. The industry will continue to innovate to be profitable...and whine about government policy in the meantime.

Nor was production greatly restricted in 2020 because of new government policies, nor has it rebounded hugely due to new government policies. Nope, demand fell off a cliff, so it was more profitable to cap wells than continue to pump and have to store excess supply. And then uncap wells when demand rebounded.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Lots of twisting in the wind around here...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:38 am Lots of twisting in the wind around here...
I wonder if gas prices were 2 dollars a gallon if our POTUS would still be opining that his policies had nothing to do with the decrease... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:39 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:38 am Lots of twisting in the wind around here...
I wonder if gas prices were 2 dollars a gallon if our POTUS would still be opining that his policies had nothing to do with the decrease... :D

I’m thinking he would take credit…. From December 9th:

4B027DEB-AE48-4F8B-B05E-F08276D67178.jpeg
4B027DEB-AE48-4F8B-B05E-F08276D67178.jpeg (250.2 KiB) Viewed 598 times

:lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

He'd undoubtedly be taking credit....though, here's the reality...in order for prices to be sub $2, the economy would have to be in the toilet, not exactly a time for a victory dance.

And if he was making that claim about gas prices being wonderful, I'd say, and a fan would say, BS...and it's all about terrible demand.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:45 pm
He'd undoubtedly be taking credit....though, here's the reality...in order for prices to be sub $2, the economy would have to be in the toilet, not exactly a time for a victory dance.

And if he was making that claim about gas prices being wonderful, I'd say, and a fan would say, BS...and it's all about terrible demand.
It was a hypothetical but I understand your point. Any sitting POTUS will take credit for the good economic news and never accept any blame for the bad. I need to apologize to you for some of my posts last week. I was a bit of a jerk and went way over the top. It dawned on me I criticize you all the time for being a Republican I honestly can't figure out. You criticize me for sounding like a typical FRC type of person. I didn't appreciate until realized I was guilty of doing the same thing. I hope to refrain in the future from stereotyping people because of what I think and stick to the issue at hand.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:27 pm

It was a hypothetical but I understand your point. Any sitting POTUS will take credit for the good economic news and never accept any blame for the bad. I need to apologize to you for some of my posts last week. I was a bit of a jerk and went way over the top. It dawned on me I criticize you all the time for being a Republican I honestly can't figure out. You criticize me for sounding like a typical FRC type of person. I didn't appreciate until realized I was guilty of doing the same thing. I hope to refrain in the future from stereotyping people because of what I think and stick to the issue at hand.
All good and much appreciated.
Inklings of better weather up north yet?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:30 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:27 pm

All good and much appreciated.
Inklings of better weather up north yet?
54 degrees right now. Most of the snow has melted. No sign of tulip or daffodils yet. I did have a robin in the front yard before our last snowfall.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”